Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

JagUTD

Why would he go Bayern at this stage of his career? Sure, you get the Bundesliga by default but Bayern are on a downward trajectory currently.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Why would he go Bayern at this stage of his career? Sure, you get the Bundesliga by default but Bayern are on a downward trajectory currently.
A title? Something he hasn't gotten at spurs? Possibility at CL? Surely you don't think united are contenders next CL?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A title? Something he hasn't gotten at spurs? Possibility at CL? Surely you don't think united are contenders next CL?
Bayern on average win 1 CL every decade. Your next one is probably due between 2027 and 2031. Until then Kane will long be back in the PL trying to get Shearer’s record.
It all comes down to what Kane wants more: A Bundesliga title or the PL goal scoring record.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Bayern on average win 1 CL every decade. Your next one is probably due between 2027 and 2031. Until then Kane will long be back in the PL trying to get Shearer’s record.
It all comes down to what Kane wants more: A Bundesliga title or the PL goal scoring record.
I know the UK likes scoring records, but from interviews it seems to me that players prefers trophys. Messi wanted the world cup more than all his ballon d'or combined. If Haaland stays in the PL he will destroy both shearer and potentially kanes record anyways.

croadyman

Let's face it unless Jassim's billions get fast tracked for August then there is absolutely no chance we are gonna go back in for him

united_99

I know the UK likes scoring records, but from interviews it seems to me that players prefers trophys. Messi wanted the world cup more than all his ballon d'or combined. If Haaland stays in the PL he will destroy both shearer and potentially kanes record anyways.
I mean you can’t compare Bundesliga title to winning the WC. Haaland may get the record but he may equally not stay in the PL for that long.
A PL title would mean more to Kane than the record. But I am really not sure how much a Bundesliga title would mean to him. If he was that obsessed with titles he would not be at Spurs at the age of almost 30.

croadyman

I mean you can’t compare Bundesliga title to winning the WC. Haaland may get the record but he may equally not stay in the PL for that long.
A PL title would mean more to Kane than the record. But I am really not sure how much a Bundesliga title would mean to him. If he was that obsessed with titles he would not be at Spurs at the age of almost 30.
Hard to see him competing for one with us mainly because of first XI issues with GK,CM,CM, along with backup DM,ST & CB

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Not at all my comparison. My point was that players will put trophies higher than individual awards, that was an example. He did try to get away from spurs last year to city, and he has what? His brother and father doing his managerial shit for him. That's almost as bad as Woodward.

I stayed awake for another hour just to give you some feedback, cause I apparently only have 5 posts. Now 4.

united_99

Not at all my comparison. My point was that players will put trophies higher than individual awards, that was an example. He did try to get away from spurs last year to city, and he has what? His brother and father doing his managerial shit for him. That's almost as bad as Woodward.

I stayed awake for another hour just to give you some feedback, cause I apparently only have 5 posts. Now 4.
:angel: Sorry for that, much appreciated.
I am curious myself what Kane will do this/latest next summer. It will tell us a lot about his priorities.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think the scoring record means more to Kane than even a league title. Look at Shearer as an example, the thing he is most proud of is that record and he won the league as well but hardly mentions it because players do that every season. Only one person can hold that record and over potentially many years.

Strelok

I think the scoring record means more to Kane than even a league title. Look at Shearer as an example, the thing he is most proud of is that record and he won the league as well but hardly mentions it because players do that every season. Only one person can hold that record and over potentially many years.
I'd doubt so. Shearer made the decision to stay at Newcastle despite numerous top teams wanted him. He was happy with that. Don't think Kane is happy and really want to stay at Spurs. If he is he should have signed a new contract already. And Kane hasn't won anything.

Swordsman

But Haaland will never destroy Jimmy Greaves record..

Siorac

It's a bit of a weird and somewhat lame record though, let's face it. It's 'highest scorer in English league football since 1992'. Which is... nice I guess but quite a bit less impressive than the overall record.

Shearer is only the fifth top scorer overall. And Greaves is so far ahead on that list there's next to no chance Kane catches him (it would require 20 league goals for seven consecutive seasons).

Idxomer

Why did they start making a distinction between overall records and records in the PL era anyway?

I don't think any other league ever did that.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's a bit of a weird and somewhat lame record though, let's face it. It's 'highest scorer in English league football since 1992'. Which is... nice I guess but quite a bit less impressive than the overall record.

Shearer is only the fifth top scorer overall. And Greaves is so far ahead on that list there's next to no chance Kane catches him (it would require 20 league goals for seven consecutive seasons).
Tell that to Alan Shearer or any of the strikers that have played in the premier league.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Conversely once someone breaks that record you are left with nothing but titles will always remain with you.

DavelinaJolie

Pft. Can you imagine if Kane went to Newcastle. Shearer would be simultaneously ejaculating oil gushers and crying oil tears.

Doracle

It’s the Greaves record Kane should be chasing. Two seasons of 30 goals and four of 20 is doable, if he stays in England with a top team and has luck with injuries.

El Zoido

Haaland probably won’t stay long enough, he already said he wants to play in different leagues and take on new challenges.

MegadrivePerson

So they’re putting the Kane talks on hold presumably because of the price but are now moving on to an even more expensive target? Makes sense. :lol:
Depends on the difference in price. If there's not a lot of difference it makes more sense to spend the extra money on a player that is six years younger than Kane.

redshaw

Would make sense if you're going to spend big £100-150m to get the younger striker on six year deal.

I doubt Bayern would pay for either but you never know, they hold out a few years then eventually do pay the big fee or wages. Considering the limited options they could make a big investment.

Lecland07

Depends on the difference in price. If there's not a lot of difference it makes more sense to spend the extra money on a player that is six years younger than Kane.
It is £50m difference at the minimum. £150m is the stated figure for Osimhen. If we can't afford Kane, we can't afford Osimhen.

united_99

It really depends. Shearer only has 1 league title and even that not with Newcastle. He hardly mentions it because the team he rejected twice went on to win the title again and again whereas he won zero trophies with Newcastle. So if he doesn’t have the record then he doesn’t have much more. Kane doesn’t even have the 1 league title (so far).
Whereas someone like Rooney, for him the record would have been something nice to have, but he already has a number of league titles plus 1 CL so players like him are usually not that obsessed with such records (well unless you are Ronaldo).

Strelok

So they’re putting the Kane talks on hold presumably because of the price but are now moving on to an even more expensive target? Makes sense. :lol:
Osimhen is much younger mate. And he has pace. It's not like Bayern doesn't have the money. They just hate having to overpay.

I have some German friends and run a hotel where I meet quite a number of Germans. One thing they have in common is they really really hate to overpay for anything. Even if they could easily afford to. Unless they absolutely need it. Must be a German thing I guess.

ShinjiNinja26

Osimhen is much younger mate. And he has pace. It's not like Bayern doesn't have the money. They just hate having to overpay.

I have some German friends and run a hotel where I meet quite a number of Germans. One thing they have in common is they really really hate to overpay for anything. Even if they could easily afford to. Unless they absolutely need it. Must be a German thing I guess.
There’s no way Bayern are paying upwards of £120m for any player, it’s a non starter.

Strelok

That fact they’ve never spend that sort of money on a player before. What’s their record transfer?
By using this logic transfer price should have stopped at a few thousands pounds mate. They haven't that doesn't mean they wouldn't. Bayern are a very big and rich club. They could pay that money and imo they'll if they think it's a good business and the price is fair.

ShinjiNinja26

Spent 80m on Hernandez and 70m on De Ligt.
By using this logic transfer price should have stopped at a few thousands pounds mate. They haven't that doesn't mean they wouldn't. Bayern are a very big and rich club. They could pay that money and imo they'll if they think it's a good business and the price is fair.
That would be a helluva jump then. I’m not saying they don’t have the money to do it, they just won’t part with that sort of money on a single player. I guess we’ll soon find out.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Being German myself I can definitely second this.
However, I would rather consider such mindset as absolutely normal. Why would anybody be fine with being taken to the cleaners? Overpaying makes no sense to me.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Being German myself I can definitely second this.
However, I would rather consider such mindset as absolutely normal. Why would anybody be fine with being taken to the cleaners? Overpaying makes no sense to me.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
There’s no way Bayern are paying upwards of £120m for any player, it’s a non starter.
Used to be the case yea, but from what I've picked up we're starting to throw away the pride of not spending "oil money" and realizing that to be competitive in the CL we have to spend, and there is money to be spent after years of getting great deals. Now that UH and KHR are basically running the show again I can see them splash out for players for Tuchel (who they wanted for years) before Uli goes back to calling radioshows about his takes on German football again.