Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

dinostar77

No, not for me. The Bundesliga does nothing for me. Bayern can compete for the Champions League, but so can we and the same goes for Liverpool (this season aside :)), with the added benefit of playing in the best league in the world.
Myopic view, but its your opinion and thats fair enough.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Footbal was created by the English but their players & clubs are seen by many to be overrated.
No, it only started there in 1992. Otherwise Kane wouldn’t be competing for this oh so important record.

Doracle

No, it only started there in 1992. Otherwise Kane wouldn’t be competing for this oh so important record.
Kane needs circa 140 goals for the actual record. Unlikely but plausible. Appreciate it’s mainly in a weaker league but Lewandowski has scored 155 since turning 30.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He'd win a large number of trophies Bayern and compete every season he's there for the Champions league, so he will basically be fulfilling what everyone says he's missing from his career.

Also it's one of the big five clubs in World football whatever way you look at it.
Fewer games in the Bundesliga and German cups too. Will extend his career potentially.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know football fans can be a right sort, but why are people suddenly trying to dismiss the Premier league goalscoring record with all this "football didn't start" in 92 nonsense?

It's over 30 years of some incredible players.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I know football fans can be a right sort, but why are people suddenly trying to dismiss the Premier league goalscoring record with all this "football didn't start" in 92 nonsense?

It's over 30 years of some incredible players.
Sure it is but there have been incredible players for a 100+ years before that as well

DavelinaJolie

I continue to be baffled by Spurs.

You hire a new manager, who's style of football is world's apart from Conte's, and you know he will not change this style for anyone.

The players Ange has are nowhere near the profile he needs. This season will inevitably have ups and downs as new players come in, and the team adapts. They will not finish Top 4.

Keeping Kane; who is almost certain to leave next season, is only delaying the inevitable rebuild without him. If you sell him, you accelerate the process and buy suitable players for your new manager.

This of course means... Levy will keep Kane. Ange will be sacked for not getting the results from his frankenstien squad and Kane leaves on a free next summer.
I guess the problem is a replacement striker is probably going to cost at least half what they get for Kane and they just won't be as good, and it doesn't leave that significant a sum to reinvest for the squad as a whole.

Levy is probably thinking he can persuade Kane to stay on if he can get away with not selling him this summer.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bayern > Spurs

Bundesliga < Premier League

English scoring record > Bundesliga title

Result for Kane’s career - sideways move.
I know this is a United forum so there will be heavy biases , but Bayern at this moment in time are a fairly large step up from Man Utd.

You haven't been relevant in the major trophies (League + CL) for almost over a decade. Bayern basically always are. If the argument is Kane needs trophies then it's very easily Bayern >>> Man Utd.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah.

You haven't done anything relevant. I'm sorry but for just about almost all of Kane's professional playing career you've won what? FA Cup and League Cup? While Bayern are winning CLs and their league.

Again I know you just had a good year so everything is rosy, but Kane could conceivably sign for Manchester United and retire with nothing more than an FA Cup. That won't happen in Bayern.

CatsOfUlthar

I'm very much aware this is a bit of an odd take, and I'm happy to be challenged and called out on it...

I'd rather play for Spurs than Bayern.

I know how storied and monumental Bayern are as a club, and I have nothing against them either, but I just feel they're a tad dry for me.

Like a well oiled machine, but a machine nonetheless. They're cogs and gears that turn a certain way, Spurs are this strange little entity with a very strangely designed cockerel badge, eclectic fans, and a penchant for bottling so hard their ground has been considered for Coca Cola's packaging division.

I don't know why I feel that way, I'm not from London, I don't feel any disdain for Bayern, in fact I think it's from one of the most beautiful places on this strange Earth, whereas Tottenham really isn't.

To desperately attempt to remain on topic, I don't think he should move, he made a butthole of himself pushing for that Madrid move, and the fans were still willing him to be a club legend. He probably won't win anything but who cares, just bask in that love and be that man for your club.

Remember the geese

Yeah.

You haven't done anything relevant. I'm sorry but for just about almost all of Kane's professional playing career you've won what? FA Cup and League Cup? While Bayern are winning CLs and their league.

Again I know you just had a good year so everything is rosy, but Kane could conceivably sign for Manchester United and retire with nothing more than an FA Cup. That won't happen in Bayern.
"Almost all of Kane's professional playing career" is not the same thing as "at this moment in time". Sure, Bayern can gobble up as many league titles as they please. However, "at this moment in time", we are just as likely to win the Champions League as they are. So no, they are not a fairly large jump up from us. Unless of course you really value Bundesliga titles, which I do not.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
"Almost all of Kane's professional playing career" is not the same thing as "at this moment in time". Sure, Bayern can gobble up as many league titles as they please. However, "at this moment in time", we are just as likely to win the Champions League as they are. So no, they are not a fairly large jump up from us. Unless of course you really value Bundesliga titles, which I do not.
Half as likely according to this:
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I don't agree with that at all.
Well, there are other indicators. Bayern got to the QF of the last UCL, losing only to the champion. United did the same but in the UEL. Bayern is qualifying for every other UCL semifinal, while United is qualifying for every other UCL. Squad value according to transfermarkt is 895M vs. 834M. I'm not saying the difference is big, but it exists.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Why wouldnt he wait until he can walk on a free and negotiate personal terms and a sizeable signing on fee with just about any club in world football? Unless he is going to sign an extension at Spurs, which he probably is not. Could walk to Bayern end of this upcoming season, and they don't have to pay a single cent in xfer fees to Spurs.

The argument around him has kind of shifted, initially it was he lacks ambition he should be chasing trophies. Now if he moves to the Bundesliga and cleans up winning trophies it is, well it's the Bundesliga, those trophies don't count.

Marcus

Why wouldnt he wait until he can walk on a free and negotiate personal terms and a sizeable signing on fee with just about any club in world football? Unless he is going to sign an extension at Spurs, which he probably is not. Could walk to Bayern end of this upcoming season, and they don't have to pay a single cent in xfer fees to Spurs.

The argument around him has kind of shifted, initially it was he lacks ambition he should be chasing trophies. Now if he moves to the Bundesliga and cleans up winning trophies it is, well it's the Bundesliga, those trophies don't count.
I have always wondered about the risk of serious career-ending injury just before or when you are on a free. Once your contract is up, no one is obliged to pay you anything. See Phil Jones or Bale as examples.

foolsgold

I have always wondered about the risk of serious career-ending injury just before or when you are on a free. Once your contract is up, no one is obliged to pay you anything. See Phil Jones or Bale as examples.
True, and this is why Spurs should sell him.

With the best will in the world no player is going to be 100% committed in these circumstances, the further on the season goes, the more the consequences of injury will be on his mind. He'll pull out of challenges to protect himself. Probably would do so in order to make sure he doesn't miss the Euros, which are realistically his only remaining chance of international silverware.

TLDR, he'll be at best a 70% player this season if he stays at Spurs without resigning.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
When considering this whole Bayern v United debate, Bayern have definitely been better over the past decade and furthered their reputation of being one of the biggest clubs in Europe but right now, with the tumultuous end to their season, one can't really say whether they're better than us.

Also United + Kane would definitely be better than Bayern no matter who they sign as their striker, and would only be behind City in Europe.

Appletonred

Kane next month and Joao Felix on loan completely fixes and transforms Utds attack, would love this.

cpleigh

Supports
Everton
La Liga is understandably seen as on a par with the premier league. Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are a step below and (currently) so is Serie A. Top players who aren’t German historically don’t sign for Bayern because it’s a dead end [edit - that’s a bit too harsh - not as attractive a league would be fairer].
how wrong is that? They signed Liverpools best player last summer. Have beaten Utd to Serie A's best defender this summer. They beat all of europe to Thiago...

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
how wrong is that? They signed Liverpools best player last summer. Have beaten Utd to Serie A's best defender this summer. They beat all of europe to Thiago...
And lets not forget Ribery, Robben, or Lewandowski. But people in this thread are too busy circlejerking to a notion of Kane caring about some record or that somehow a United that, true is up on the bounce, still has the same gravitas as they did under Sir Alex.

gajender

Not that I don't believe that Bayern aren't legitimate attraction for great players they very much are , but Utd by all accounts didn't even pursue Kim Min -Jae or atleast interest was never confirmed by any of Usual United Mouthpieces so it's quite far fetched to conclude they Beat United to His Signing when United Never were Even in for him .

BarstoolProphet

When considering this whole Bayern v United debate, Bayern have definitely been better over the past decade and furthered their reputation of being one of the biggest clubs in Europe but right now, with the tumultuous end to their season, one can't really say whether they're better than us.

Also United + Kane would definitely be better than Bayern no matter who they sign as their striker, and would only be behind City in Europe.
Agree. Bayern now probably has an edge over United when it comes to CL chances, but signing Kane changes everything. For the first time in said decade, you get the feeling that Bayern aren't that good (meaning strong CL contenders) anymore.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Agree. Bayern now probably has an edge over United when it comes to CL chances, but signing Kane changes everything. For the first time in said decade, you get the feeling that Bayern aren't that good (meaning strong CL contenders) anymore.
Last season sure without a proper striker, and all the drama at the end of the season with Nagelsmann, Kahn and Brazzo.

This will change immediately however. Uli and KHR are running the shop again either officially or behind the scenes again, and Tuchel will be given whatever he needs. He was the one they wanted before Nagelsmann, now they have him, and now they will back him.

Siorac

That is highly debatable - but even if it's true, then Kane signing for Bayern would mean they would be much better than us no matter who we sign.

As it is, without Kane, Bayern's squad is far stronger than United's so if Kane wants trophies it makes a lot more sense for him to sign for them instead of gambling that the neverending United project finally works out.

And frankly, I still believe that Kane's supposed transformative quality is overstated. It's not like he automatically turned Spurs into regular title contenders. Their biggest achievement, reaching the CL final, was done without him.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That is highly debatable - but even if it's true, then Kane signing for Bayern would mean they would be much better than us no matter who we sign.

As it is, without Kane, Bayern's squad is far stronger than United's so if Kane wants trophies it makes a lot more sense for him to sign for them instead of gambling that the neverending United project finally works out.

And frankly, I still believe that Kane's supposed transformative quality is overstated. It's not like he automatically turned Spurs into regular title contenders. Their biggest achievement, reaching the CL final, was done without him.
That's an extremely high bar to judge him with, I can't think of anyone, maybe other than Messi, who would make that Spurs squad title contendors. I believe he is a striker who would have the same impact RvP did, make us legitamite title contenders in domestic and European competitions. Of course, that is contingent on City having an off season, would not expect us to have a 90+ point season to beat City if they are at the top of their game.

The squad comment can go both ways, while I would argue that our starting XI is as strong, if not stronger, than Bayern, I do agree that their bench strength is currently better than ours. That being said, with Kane I think our starting XI will be much better and maybe overall squad as well.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
That's an extremely high bar to judge him with, I can't think of anyone, maybe other than Messi, who would make that Spurs squad title contendors. I believe he is a striker who would have the same impact RvP did, make us legitamite title contenders in domestic and European competitions. Of course, that is contingent on City having an off season, would not expect us to have a 90+ point season to beat City if they are at the top of their game.

The squad comment can go both ways, while I would argue that our starting XI is as strong, if not stronger, than Bayern, I do agree that their bench strength is currently better than ours. That being said, with Kane I think our starting XI will be much better and maybe overall squad as well.
I can't see a single player in your squad I would put into my teams starting eleven ahead of anyone we have.

Eddy_JukeZ

I can't see a single player in your squad I would put into my teams starting eleven ahead of anyone we have.
:lol:

This was the Bayern 11 in the league finale and you think no one from United is getting in that 11...

Siorac

I believe he is a striker who would have the same impact RvP did, make us legitamite title contenders in domestic and European competitions.
I'll keep pointing this out till the end of time: Van Persie did not turn United into title contenders. We already were. He came into a squad that scored 89 goals and got 89 points the previous season.

It's a very different scenario now, and very much similar to turning Spurs into title contenders.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Kane could actually force this move by informing Levy he'll be joining Chelsea in a year's time on a free.

Spurs are probably stalling all this on the faint chance he wakes up one morning and decides to sign a new 5 year deal but if he basically rules that out to them face to face they'll have to sell him in January at the latest.

Bayern don't seem to me a club that wastes its time pursuing moves that have little chance of happening so interesting this link hasn't just evaporated after 2-3 weeks.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane could actually force this move by informing Levy he'll be joining Chelsea in a year's time on a free.

Spurs are probably stalling all this on the faint chance he wakes up one morning and decides to sign a new 5 year deal but if he basically rules that out to them face to face they'll have to sell him in January at the latest.

Bayern don't seem to me a club that wastes its time pursuing moves that have little chance of happening so interesting this link hasn't just evaporated after 2-3 weeks.
I would say there is less than zero chance of Kane joining Chelsea.