Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

MUFC OK

It makes me wonder if we're just waiting for a bid to be accepted.

Make the same bid, gets rejected, Kane might just then kick up a bit of a fuss
Kane isn’t happening this window. I’m actually skeptical for next year too, no guarantee he picks United, esp if we don’t get CL football.

Only hope was for him to force the move by saying he won’t sign an extension under any circumstances - that forces Levy to choose between 90m and £0 next year, surely even he can’t not sanction that deal.

As far as improving our squad, United negotiators are utterly unserious. Won’t change until new ownership and a best in class policy for club officials.

We literally have amateurs in situ, whose aim is not to win at all costs, but rather to not be slated for doing an atrocious job.

Modern United mantra - slightly better than the worst is good enough.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Say what? Minimum if he’s hurt for half the season is 15!
He would likely get 25 minimum.
EXTRA 15 he said. In other words if Gnabry as a CF is good for 15 then Kane is good for 30, an extra 15.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
As far as improving our squad, United negotiators are utterly unserious. Won’t change until new ownership and a best in class policy for club officials.

We literally have amateurs in situ, whose aim is not to win at all costs, but rather to not be slated for doing an atrocious job.

Modern United mantra - slightly better than the worst is good enough.
This rhetoric is utterly ridiculous and getting tedious and boring. I read it on a constant basis from a lot of the moaning sections of the CAF.

We are literally about to sign 2 important players before the pre-season tour of the US, something we haven’t done for YEARS. Signs we are turning a corner and the negotiating team can actually do their jobs without being hamstrung along the way somewhere and apparently we’re crap. I can understand the negativity to an extent but when there’s clear signs we’re starting to get better, it’s just moaning for moaning sake at this point.

Onana cheaper than what Inter want. Mount paid what we actually want (55) and less than what Chelsea originally wanted (70-80m), yes there’s the 5m in add ons but the add ons, it achieved (allegedly multiple trophies and a title or two) then I think we can all agree the 5m will be well spent.

Think we can start giving them credit now. 2 important important players before US tour will be very helpful for the team going into next season unlike previous seasons where they’ll come in once the season starts or deadline day. I, for one, am excited for future signings & am optimistic the negotiating teams will pull it out the bag. Including selling players and signing Kane later on in the window. (Yes I will die on this “Kane later on in the window when we have made sales hill.”)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Bayern as usual tapping up players. Saying in public who they want. They don't give a feck for manners. Bayern always have such irritating and annoying people in charge.

Doracle

I think what really frustrates me is that we should have been planning to acquire Kane for years. His contract end date wasn’t a secret and it’s been obvious at least since 2021 that he wasn’t going to re-sign. Clearly Spurs were going to want to sell him this summer and we should have anticipated £100m might be required to get him.

As it is, it currently seems like we’ve left ourselves this summer in the worst position we’ve been in for several years to splash the cash. If Bayern or PSG sign him for £80m then you have to assume Levy would have had to accept £100-£105m from United, as the difference is too vast to stick to this nonsense about us being a “rival”. Kane is obviously pushing very hard to get away from Spurs this summer and (currently - maybe behind the scenes it’s different) we seem to be fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Flanders Devil

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if we do this. However we will need to pay a manutd tax above bayern accepted bid.
I was thinking this too. I'd be interested in how much a premium we'd have to pay over others for Levy to accept. 15%?

Mainoldo

This rhetoric is utterly ridiculous and getting tedious and boring. I read it on a constant basis from a lot of the moaning sections of the CAF.

We are literally about to sign 2 important players before the pre-season tour of the US, something we haven’t done for YEARS. Signs we are turning a corner and the negotiating team can actually do their jobs without being hamstrung along the way somewhere and apparently we’re crap. I can understand the negativity to an extent but when there’s clear signs we’re starting to get better, it’s just moaning for moaning sake at this point.

Onana cheaper than what Inter want. Mount paid what we actually want (55) and less than what Chelsea originally wanted (70-80m), yes there’s the 5m in add ons but the add ons, it achieved (allegedly multiple trophies and a title or two) then I think we can all agree the 5m will be well spent.

Think we can start giving them credit now. 2 important important players before US tour will be very helpful for the team going into next season unlike previous seasons where they’ll come in once the season starts or deadline day. I, for one, am excited for future signings & am optimistic the negotiating teams will pull it out the bag. Including selling players and signing Kane later on in the window. (Yes I will die on this “Kane later on in the window when we have made sales hill.”)
Bro we are signing Kane it’s so obvious I should really take it to the bookies. After Onana a striker will be next on the list and do we all honestly think we are going to sit back and watch the best striker in the league go to Bayern Munich for under £100m without doing nothing.

Kane’s camp have probably already gave us assurances if we match Bayern’s offer he will pick us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It makes me wonder if we're just waiting for a bid to be accepted.

Make the same bid, gets rejected, Kane might just then kick up a bit of a fuss
I don’t think it matters, even if we jump out and go “aha!!” once spurs and Bayern agree a fee, Levy is under no obligation to accept the same amount from us. It worked with malacia because Feyenoord probably didn’t give a shit and just wanted the highest fee they could get. We could offer another 10m on top and Levy would probably just say “cool story bro” and hand Kane some lederhosen.

ColvaleGoa

I think what really frustrates me is that we should have been planning to acquire Kane for years. His contract end date wasn’t a secret and it’s been obvious at least since 2021 that he wasn’t going to re-sign. Clearly Spurs were going to want to sell him this summer and we should have anticipated £100m might be required to get him.

As it is, it currently seems like we’ve left ourselves this summer in the worst position we’ve been in for several years to splash the cash. If Bayern or PSG sign him for £80m then you have to assume Levy would have had to accept £100-£105m from United, as the difference is too vast to stick to this nonsense about us being a “rival”. Kane is obviously pushing very hard to get away from Spurs this summer and (currently - maybe behind the scenes it’s different) we seem to be fiddling whilst Rome burns.
Only thing that needs to burn are the Glazers

Abraxas

You're doing a lot of assuming within this analysis to believe that we should have been making a multi year plan to sign Harry Kane at the expense of other signings the manager wanted. The club plan has mostly been the manager's plan since he arrived. It was him that wanted to spend massively last summer because he believed we had huge weaknesses and he'd need a quick influx of players known to him. So what were we going to do, tell him no because we might... might have a chance to sign Harry Kane down the line? There's not even solid indication you're correct, quite to the contrary, the clear sign is they never wanted to sell to us plain and simple. That being the case it's absolutely logical they would take less from a team like Bayern. 20 million is scant compensation for seeing Kane rock up at Spurs ground in a Utd shirt, at least in Levy's mind.

Doracle

I don’t think it matters, even if we jump out and go “aha!!” once spurs and Bayern agree a fee, Levy is under no obligation to accept the same amount from us. It worked with malacia because Feyenoord probably didn’t give a shit and just wanted the highest fee they could get. We could offer another 10m on top and Levy would probably just say “cool story bro” and hand Kane some lederhosen.
Unless Kane says he isn’t going to Bayern if United is an option…

Mainoldo

Explain to me how a club accepts a bid for a player and then tells another club they have to pay higher for their bid to be accepted? :lol: :lol:

Before you respond I will leave you with some reading material to think about your logic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2979048.stm

Strelok

You're frustrated that we have no footballing plan :lol: ?

We had to loan WW last Jan, haven't managed to sign a new contract with our only proven goal scorer who only has one year left and you think we'd have plans for Kane :lol:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Don't Germans pronounce Harry as "hairy"? Sounds like a nightmare. Join us instead 'Arry!

Yakuza_devils

I know we are laughing stock for the last decade of overpaying for every tom, dick and harry.

But this is the only player I don't mind we overpay. Offer 120M and get done with it. Kane is not relying on speed and he can probably play until 36 years old.

Onana and Kane will really transform us into serious contender next season, not Hojlund or Osimhen.

Suedesi

In which gravenberch was stepping in for an injured goretzka, mazraoui was playing left back for an injured davies and we had no striker as Choupo was injured. Would I swap coman, sané or gnabry for any of your wingers? No, would I swap kimmich for any midfielder you have? No. Would I swap de ligt or upamecano for any of your defenders? No. Even our keeper was a placeholder because Neuer was injured, and I would still have sommer over De gea.
Upamecano and de Ligt over Varane and Martinez is wild.

Coman is your best winger, Sane or Gnabry are meh, so I take Coman and Rashford.

Kimmich starts but I'd take Casemiro over Goretzka.

Mueller is past it, Bruno over him.

Shaw is probably better than Davies.

Bayern were lucky that BVB shat the bed, but their true level as shown in Europe is very poor.

The gulf in clubs is not that wide imo

Last edited:

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern were lucky that BVB shat the bed, but their true level as shown in Europe is very poor.
Before City we won every game, 2 Times against Barca, Inter and PSG.
And we arguably were the biggest threat for City until Upamecanos brain fart. We certainly did better against City than Real did.

So this means "very poor Level" for you?

By this standards how would you describe the Level of a team that lost 0:3 against Sevilla?

Suedesi

There are a lot of players that are fairly "equal" between Bayern and United. But I'm very surprised that you said you wouldn't swap Upamecano (who is a walking catastrophe) and De Ligt for Martinez and Varane. Very few general football fans would share that view. Rashford is clearly better than any Bayern wide forward/CF and Casemiro is literally a contender for greatest DM of all time - not including him must be trolling.

Picking a combined 11 would be pointless because Kimmich is obviously the best RB between the two teams so in theory he could go there but we all know that he would refuse to play there.

The outfield (not including keepers cos we don't have one!) United players that would "walk" into the Bayern side: Martinez, Varane, Casemiro, Rashford

The outfield Bayern players who would "walk" into the United side: Kimmich, Musiala, Pavard (who you are trying to sell)

Then there are fine players that I couldn't choose between (such as Shaw v Davies) or players that would get in depending on formation: Goretzka, Muller, Bruno or fitness: Martial, Coman.

Both teams have good defences, decent midfields, and poor forwards so it isn't easy to combine them. And both teams would drastically improve with the addition of Kane.
Pretty fair analysis, though I highly rate Coman - he's got the x-factor, seems to play well on each wing and he's got end product. Not convinvced by Pavard, though he's better better than Dalaot or Bissaka just

lex talionis

I know we are laughing stock for the last decade of overpaying for every tom, dick and harry.

But this is the only player I don't mind we overpay. Offer 120M and get done with it. Kane is not relying on speed and he can probably play until 36 years old.

Onana and Kane will really transform us into serious contender next season, not Hojlund or Osimhen.
Agreed. The gaping hole in the squad is striker and it’s not an overstatement to state that Harry is the greatest striker in the world not named Erling. The extra 20m we could stuff into Daniel’s pocket to allow him to rebuild the squad would be worthy every quid.

Suedesi

Before City we won every game, 2 Times against Barca, Inter and PSG.
And we arguably were the biggest threat for City until Upamecanos brain fart. We certainly did better against City than Real did.

So this means "very poor Level" for you?

By this standards how would you describe the Level of a team that lost 0:3 against Sevilla?
You mention Upamecano's brainfarts as a mitigating factor, but we had Maguire and De Gea brainfarts against Sevilla too in a tie that we should have wrapped up at OT. Regardless, for the high standards each club has set, both were poor in Europe.

We can nitpick over the individual results (Barca outplayed you at Allianz for example, the PSG games were awful) but all of that is academic. Big teams are able to turn it on during knockout matches (i.e. Real Madrid every season of the CL), and Bayern just couldn't - end of story.

Yakuza_devils

Agreed. The gaping hole in the squad is striker and it’s not an overstatement to state that Harry is the greatest striker in the world not named Erling. The extra 20m we could stuff into Daniel’s pocket to allow him to rebuild the squad would be worthy every quid.
Last year when Rashford's form dropped we can't score goals and wasted lots of chances which I think Kane would easily convert.

Next season we are going to rely on Rashford again or a new signing of up and coming striker that still need time to get used to PL or worse another Antony (can't get used to the pace of PL).

Kane is different beast altogether and is PL proven best attacker that can transform us.

Irrational.

I genuinely don’t think Hojlund has the quality to play for us (especially at the price quoted), and with us already mentoring Antony and Sancho, we can’t afford to have another attacker ‘bedding in’.

It should be Kane or no one. He will transform us into title challengers almost overnight and increase our chance of silverware.

Judas

Open to offers
I genuinely don’t think Hojlund has the quality to play for us (especially at the price quoted), and with us already mentoring Antony and Sancho, we can’t afford to have another attacker ‘bedding in’.

It should be Kane or no one. He will transform us into title challengers almost overnight and increase our chance of silverware.
It simply can't be no one though, it would be self sabotage to go into the season with what we currently have striking wise. Thankfully, it won't be no one.

Siorac

Explain to me how a club accepts a bid for a player and then tells another club they have to pay higher for their bid to be accepted? :lol: :lol:

Before you respond I will leave you with some reading material to think about your logic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2979048.stm
Do you think Fergie would have accepted the same bid for Beckham from Liverpool?

We actually don't even have to speculate because we flat-out refused Liverpool when they wanted Heinze and sold him to Madrid in the end.

Giggs' right foot

Do you think Fergie would have accepted the same bid for Beckham from Liverpool?

We actually don't even have to speculate because we flat-out refused Liverpool when they wanted Heinze and sold him to Madrid in the end.
It even happened in SAF's later years with Zeki Fryers - he left for Standard Liége for a compensation fee under £1 million - before that United had refused Spurs' approaches because we wanted around £5-6 million.

Irrational.

It simply can't be no one though, it would be self sabotage to go into the season with what we currently have striking wise. Thankfully, it won't be no one.
Would you take no one if it meant getting Kane on a free next season?

If you look at Weghorst it was as good as having no one.

The drop off in quality after Kane is so vast I just don’t think it’s worth it. And the only other option like Osimhen is unrealistic.

Mainoldo

Let’s get this 100 percent CLEAR!!

Manchester United and f’ing Tottenham Hotspur’s are not rivals!!!!

Your are using a club like Liverpool where both clubs have never done direct business as an example that is not the norm. There is a list probably an arm long of transfers us and spurs have done. I wish people would stop being idiotic with their theories.

Mainoldo

It even happened in SAF's later years with Zeki Fryers - he left for Standard Liége for a compensation fee under £1 million - before that United had refused Spurs' approaches because we wanted around £5-6 million.
They tried to pinch him from our academy we refused to let him go. Not to Spurs In silos.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really? They’re smooth operators in the transfer market and ruthless when they need to be.
No they aren’t they are just bully boys, in a two club league, I have never seen a club so brazen and arrogant. As much as I hate Levy I hope he takes their balls.

stw2022

If Levy let's him go for a free and misses out on £90m-£100m transfer fee I think that'll be a terrible financial decision