Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Paula

Supports
Bayern
If Spurs don't accept and Munich aren't prepared to push their offer into the 100m mark, there's no reason why he should guarantee Munich that he'll sign for them next Summer. Regardless of what people are arguing, I still think Kane has his pick of pretty much any side in Europe on a free and a four year contract because of his ability to function as playmaker as well as striker. Munich might still be the most attractive option at that point if he wants a cast-iron guarantee of a domestic title at a top league, but it might be more complicated than that.
That's just what they wrote. Not my personal opinion. And they are actually really reliable when it comes to bayern.

bosskeano

Bayern Munich have set Tottenham a deadline of midnight on Friday to accept a club-record offer in excess of €100 million ($110m) for striker Harry Kane, sources told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that Bayern's latest bid is €100m guaranteed with up to approximately €20m in add-ons.

Abraxas

That's a very strong bid, if true. Can't say that Bayern haven't gone all out on this one.

GlasgowCeltic

he’s treated like a saint by the pundits but they’ll definitely give him some shit if he leaves the Prem for Germany, feel like that kind of stuff seems important to him

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Just when do moves over about 75m work out anyway? Must be quite a low percentage.
I'd say zidane(arguably), Kevin debruyne, Suarez to Barca , VVD, Ronaldo to madrid and bale(probably) can be considered successful.

It's bound to become to more though seeing how it's becoming the baseline for any semi decent player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd say zidane(arguably), Kevin debruyne, Suarez to Barca , VVD, Ronaldo to madrid and bale(probably) can be considered successful.

It's bound to become to more though seeing how it's becoming the baseline for any semi decent player.
Why are you tweaking this to euros buddy? First 2 were well under 75m pounds, Suarez and VD were 75m on the nail, thus not over! :lol:

So just Bale and Ronaldo?
Ignore Bale basically sulking playing gulf for the last 3 seasons.

Mbappe is sort of a success, albeit in a madly poor league. Neymar too?

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern Munich have set Tottenham a deadline of midnight on Friday to accept a club-record offer in excess of €100 million ($110m) for striker Harry Kane, sources told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that Bayern's latest bid is €100m guaranteed with up to approximately €20m in add-ons.
which is about half of what building the Allianz Arena has cost. Comeing here and reading all those posts from (hopefully) young lads who don't know any other kind of top football than the one where the oligarch/sheikh/media mogul of choice just opens his wallet and buys stuff, erm, players, boy i feel old :D

croadyman

Admire anyone on here who still has this crazy belief we will match an agreed fee

JagUTD

Admire anyone on here who still has this crazy belief we will match an agreed fee
Wonder if Kanes one of those who believes. Hoping that an agreement with Bayern shows a weakness in Levys resolve and opens up the possibility of other clubs getting involved.

croadyman

Wonder if Kanes one of those who believes. Hoping that an agreement with Bayern shows a weakness in Levys resolve and opens up the possibility of other clubs getting involved.
Surely we would have waited it out if we genuinely believed that was a possibility

whitbyviking

Just when do moves over about 75m work out anyway? Must be quite a low percentage.
Haaland. No matter what they claim his fee was well in excess of what they claimed to pay, once you add all the agent/parent fees and bonuses.

Other than that Big Harry Mc, obvs

C'est Moi Cantona

Still nailing my colours to him staying,

Just one more year of Spurs and he'll be able to get some trophies, and the all time scorer record, (and also more money).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why are you tweaking this to euros buddy? First 2 were well under 75m pounds, Suarez and VD were 75m on the nail, thus not over! :lol:

Had to cheat a bit :D
I suppose Zidane counts due to inflation?

Neymar and Mbappe are exemplary players but considering how psg failed to win the CL and all the drama they brought it's difficult to consider them unimpeachble success (although that argument also extends to Zidane somewhat who i considered a success), still as I said there's bound to be more success simply due to the insane inflation going on in the market, premier league alone is exceedingly paying surplus money for players in recent years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Haaland. No matter what they claim his fee was well in excess of what they claimed to pay, once you add all the agent/parent fees and bonuses.

Other than that Big Harry Mc, obvs
That just proves it doesn’t work IMO.

Haaland is a player where fees were hidden & that seemed to have a benefit aswell.

seegoblu

Nice to see Levy acting like a turd with bidders aside from United. I wonder if he acts this way at home.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Inflation. I would assume Suarez £75 million transfer back in 2014 must be worth more than £100m in today's money. The closest comparsion however would be Zidane transfer from Juventus to Real Madrid. He was 29 at the time and the fee was €77.50m in 2001.

$100 in 2001 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $172.28 today
$100 in 2014 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $128.88 today

Brophs

The One and Only
A message from Daniel:

Faaaaaaaacckkkkk offffffff, you slaaaaaaaaaaags

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Inflation. I would assume Suarez £75 million transfer back in 2014 must be worth more than £100m in today's money. The closest comparsion however would be Zidane transfer from Juventus to Real Madrid. He was 29 at the time and the fee was €77.50m in 2001.

$100 in 2001 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $172.28 today
$100 in 2014 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $128.88 today
If we're going to make any old sh!te up to fit, then the question gets changed totally :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Levy being so greedy that he thinks he can play hardball with Bayern. They're German ffs, they have zero time for games. Obviously they all spend their weekends drinking barrels of beer and attending techno orgies, but this is Friday evening Working Hours Germans we're talking about here.

Red Royal

I thought we were talking about £75m rather than €, so that excludes VVD & Suarez.

Not sure I'd say Bale was a success, unless you go with number of CL wins as only criteria.
So about 85M euros, in that case not many. Still think Bale was a success just all the Golf, Wales drama soured it. Anyway good luck to Harry Kane with his move to Munich.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Levy being so greedy that he thinks he can play hardball with Bayern. They're German ffs, they have zero time for games. Obviously they all spend their weekends drinking barrels of beer and attending techno orgies, but this is Friday evening Working Hours Germans we're talking about here.
Levy has got the wrong end of the stick here.

He asked Bayern if they had a deadline and they said nein.

Rolaholic

I thought we were talking about £75m rather than €, so that excludes VVD & Suarez.

Not sure I'd say Bale was a success, unless you go with number of CL wins as only criteria.
Bale was unequivocally a success, at his peak he was one of the best players around and he played an influential role in their run of dominance in Europe scoring a lot of massive goals in the process.

He was never a passenger before injuries started to keep him off the pitch regularly. BBC would've never hit the heights that they did without Bale. Shouldn't allow how it ended to colour the view of his entire time in Madrid when he's the most successful British player ever to play outside of England.

arthurka

Isn't there an extra seat in the CL coming up this season? One can understand why Spurs are so reluctant to sell him that CL place can bring in millions and they are never getting to the CL without his goals.

bosskeano

Spurs linked with Porto forward Taremi....could already be looking for guys to replace Kane

Redcy

Wait for all the media to say how kane only cost £10m more than hojlund. If anyone now thinks we could have got kane for even £100m they are kidding themselves. Even the mighty Bayern are being forced to pay £100m+, and are still negotiating. Tbf to levy they are a week befor the pl starts and his choices for a new striker a fricking thin at this point.