Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bayern wouldn't have made a big bid had Kane not wanted to move.

Now, how's the Frenkie De Jong transfer coming along ?

dinostar77

Moron wants shearer's bullshit record, 260 goals. Its like football in this country didnt exist before 1991-1992.

Greaves -- the 1966 World Cup winner with England who died in 2021 at the age of 81 -- remains the all-time top goal scorer in the history of the English top flight with a total of 357 goals in 516 games for Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham combined.

Rusholme Ruffian

Idiotic really.

The chances of us signing him on a free went from having a lottery ticket earlier in the window to it being one of the more likely options that could materialise. Yet you still have people that rather than exploit an opportunity want to piss next season's budget up the wall. Far too much FM being played I think.
Yeah, you'd have to be an idiot to want us to sign one of the best players in the world in a position where we are desperate for players :houllier:

Personally I couldn't give a shit about next year's budget - a huge amount could happen in that time - not least a change of ownership. Who's to say Kane would even want to come to us on a free in a year's time?

the_cliff

If he rejects Bayern offer 70 mill next week take it or leave it, see if Levy is shitting himself.

Trex

So all this drama and Bayern didn't confirm with Kane:lol::lol::lol:
I thought only United operate like this.

Traub

If he signs a new contract, we all owe an apology to Kane's brother.

dasty

I am glad we signed Hojlund instead of going for Kane, or else we would have been stuck in this stupid merry go round with the possibility of heading into the new season without a striker.

And I can see that he will be signing an extension with Spurs not long after this.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Mentality of an overcooked boiled egg.

He consistently shows flashes of this piss poor mentality. Still remember him coring a pen against Villa when they were 2-0 down and his instinct was to run and celebrate rather than grab the ball. Rooney scored a free kick to overtake Sor Bobby to level the scores and he demanded his team get the ball and did a small celebration sprinting to the centre circle.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Moron wants shearer's bullshit record, 260 goals. Its like football in this country didnt exist before 1991-1992.

Greaves -- the 1966 World Cup winner with England who died in 2021 at the age of 81 -- remains the all-time top goal scorer in the history of the English top flight with a total of 357 goals in 516 games for Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham combined.
I think they guy just want a huge sign on. Leave on a bosman, stay in the PL and pocket £50 mill more in a sign on fee.

Hulme91

He can break the all time record with Manchester United now. 5 more seasons at 29 goals a pop

Easy work under Ten Hag. :D

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So all this drama and Bayern didn't confirm with Kane:lol::lol::lol:
I thought only United operate like this.
Players change their minds all the time. New proposals presented can be far more appealing. What Kane agreed to may well have been gazumped since.

hobbers

It's obvious if he stays its not for love of Spurs. It's for the love of an enormous signing on fee next summer when another Prem club go in for him, then getting his stupid goals record.

Abraxas

Yeah, you'd have to be an idiot to want us to sign one of the best players in the world in a position where we are desperate for players :houllier:

Personally I couldn't give a shit about next year's budget - a huge amount could happen in that time - not least a change of ownership. Who's to say Kane would even want to come to us on a free in a year's time?
We're not "desperate." We just signed a new toy. Maybe you want another new toy, but in no world are we "desperate."

What's to say Kane would want to come? Well, don't you think as a club we have our ear to the ground on this one? Do you seriously think we've been doing absolutely nothing? We are interested in Harry Kane we were just not interested in Tottenham's ridiculous valuations or games on an aging player but we know he is going to become available so there is a very obvious conclusion there about how to play it.

One of the reasons Harry Kane is doubting this one is he thinks he may have better options coming and we represent one of them. That's exactly why we will have been doing some legwork from the very start of this window with Kane's entourage, something I suggested may happen ages ago rather than the inept viewpoint of many on here that wanted to play FM from the very start. It's the smart play and as a club we are showing signs of making them more often.

Kag

This is where the Glazers really hold us back. We should be able to come in and gazzump Bayern here, but we can’t. We’ve been sensible and long-term in bringing in Hojlund, and I hope he turns out to be great, but Kane would genuinely put us in the shout for the title. It’s a shame, because my suspicion is that he’d be here in a heartbeat if he could.

Loon

:lol:
If United now bid the same as Bayern, Kane's agent will be all over it. It will become a "take it or leave it" and Levy will have to explain to his boss he doesn't want to accept the same money they've previously accepted because he doesn't want to strengthen a rival.

Plastic Evra

Agreed, which is why he'll be angry about it happening so late. He has no time to get a replacement in. Even if Spurs have a plan for spending that money their season is starting off with this problem.
I'm not too knowledgeable about Ange but I suspect his answer for Kane leaving would be more collective than individual ?

What is a better league now? Germany or France? Pretty similar?
I'm biased : I think the French L1 is not as weak as some seem to think here... But I can't rate it above the Bundesliga. Results in Euro cups and UEFA coefficients (the most objective metrics we can use in that case) are clear.
That said, PSG did get upset twice last decade unlike Bayern so it's maybe more of a challenge in that sense.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If he stays he’s 100% signing a new contract.
He is free next year to choose whoever he wants (including Spurs). With huge signing on fee. For him and his brother.
No point in signing new contract even if that contract is 500k per week (which still he can get in United, Celski, Real....).

SemiPro

Would something like the Raya deal be possible? Kane signs a 1-year extension with Spurs. We take him on loan this season for a nominal fee with an obligation to buy next summer for £80-90M.

It would work for everyone, Spurs get a fee for their best player who could leave for free next year and we get Kane a year early while still getting round our FFP troubles.

Abraxas

Is something like the Raya deal be possible? Kane signs a 1-year extension with Spurs. We take him on loan this season for a nominal fee with an obligation to buy next summer for £80-90M.

It would work for everyone, Spurs get a fee for their best player who could leave for free next year and we get Kane a year early while still getting round our FFP troubles.
Not the worst bit of thinking. I'm not sure Daniel Levy's pride would allow this to happen!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If going to Bayern to win trophies is the equivalent of losing your virginity to a prostitute then staying at Spurs your entire career when your abilities are at the level of Kane is an equivalent of having Brad Pitt’s physique and dying a virgin.

Rusholme Ruffian

We're not "desperate." We just signed a new toy. Maybe you want another new toy, but in no world are we "desperate."

What's to say Kane would want to come? Well, don't you think as a club we have our ear to the ground on this one? Do you seriously think we've been doing absolutely nothing? We are interested in Harry Kane we were just not interested in Tottenham's ridiculous valuations or games on an aging player but we know he is going to become available so there is a very obvious conclusion there about how to play it.

One of the reasons Harry Kane is doubting this one is he thinks he may have better options coming and we represent one of them. That's exactly why we will have been doing some legwork from the very start of this window with Kane's entourage, something I suggested may happen ages ago rather than the inept viewpoint of many on here that wanted to play FM from the very start. It's the smart play and as a club we are showing signs of making them more often.
Feck me you think highly of yourself!

We have signed a young centre-forward with potential but a long way off being the finished article. He's not even fit for the first few weeks of the season, which leaves us with Tony Martial as our only centre forward and he's never fit and is more of a left sided player anyway.

If you have the opportunity to sign a player like Kane you should take it, not arse around for a year on the off-chance that you get him for free next year. I'm pretty certain that if you asked Ten Hag he would want Kane in now, but maybe you know better.

TheLord

Looks like I'm in the minority. If I was Kane I'd stay.

PL record + Spurs greatest ever player > Bundesliga and a German Cup
The Shearer record probably won't stand for another 15 years with the steady improvement of modern footballers. If anything , Haaland may break it in another 6/7 years. "Greatest footballer of the club" is a concept only important for the fans of that particular club. No one else cares.

However, when history looks back at great footballers, the two most important parameters are "collective medals" and "individual records". Without moving on to a bigger club, no one outside the Spurs fanbase will talk of Kane being one of the all-time greats, even if he trumps Shearer's record by 50 goals.

At Bayern, if he wins major trophies , including a CL if he's lucky, he will actually be taken more seriously as a great footballer outside the Spurs fanbase.

MinGin

He really wants Utd doesn't he? IF he stays at Spurs without signing a new deal then I'm 99.9 percent sure he actually is going to be a Utd player sooner than later, I suspect that's the move he really wants.
Maybe he will sign for City and get better than Haaland salary and trophies and play less

OptimisedRed

Kane owes Spurs nothing. They have had a fantastic return from him his whole career so far, so he shouldn't be worried about them getting any return on a sale. If he decides to hang on for another year I doubt the fans will direct anger towards him. It's Levy that's not taken advantage of having a talismanic striker up front for years. Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do. Feck Levy.