Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

OverratedOpinion

But I thought he was a bottle job with a mentality of a hard boiled egg :lol:
Those that just randomly hate Kane will find another reason to hate him.

There was no reason in the first place so surely they will manufacture another one now.

OverratedOpinion

No chance that Bayern team is winning the CL. They're much weaker than recent Bayern sides. Winning the league for Bayern Munich shouldn't even count as an accomplishment. Failure to do so with the difference in money they have vs every other team would make any loss a catastrophic failure. Still can't make sense of this move from Kane's side. It's a 4 year contract too so not like he can just go back to the PL willy nilly.
They are a really good team.

Laimer and Guerreiro are both excellent players they've added, they have signed the best defender in Italy and one of the best strikers in the world.

Saying that there is absolutely no chance they can win the Champions League is baseless.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Good move for both club and player. No idea why anyone would say they will not be challenging for the CL, other than City, no one is stronger than them imo

Siorac

Still can't make sense of this move from Kane's side. It's a 4 year contract too so not like he can just go back to the PL willy nilly.
Maybe - and I'm just throwing it out here - returning to the Premier League isn't his priority?

Maybe he fancies living in one of Europe's nicest cities while winning trophy after trophy and taking part in the Champions League every single year.

cyberman

No chance that Bayern team is winning the CL. They're much weaker than recent Bayern sides. Winning the league for Bayern Munich shouldn't even count as an accomplishment. Failure to do so with the difference in money they have vs every other team would make any loss a catastrophic failure. Still can't make sense of this move from Kane's side. It's a 4 year contract too so not like he can just go back to the PL willy nilly.
It’s a safe bet from all sides. He can spend the year in Bayern instead of Spurs and if he doesn’t settle or even wins it all he could go back to England with 2/3 clubs willing to take him on and Bayern would get most of their fee back

redshaw

Trophies could be Kane's kryptonite and he's already feeling uneasy about boarding the plane.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Biggest wasteman in the history the game for going there. However he will be back soon once he realises they speak German over there and his own English is incomprehensible to Bayern :lol: :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There's been a weird amount of disrespect towards Bayern. Literally up there with Madrid as 2 of the biggest clubs in the history of football, year after year challenging on all fronts with a long list of great players. A player like Kane simply needs to play for a global giant in his career and of course win things, which he'll do at Bayern now. There's not really a step up from them just like there wasn't for United when we were on top.
I agree but I think its more disrespect to the Bundesliga than Bayern.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Going to one of the top 5 truly elite clubs in football history, winning trophies, playing in the business end of the CL every year at one of the 4 best teams in Europe every year .. it's very easy to make sense of it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They're currently 2nd favourites to win the CL this season, behind City. And that's before Kane arrived. You might not think they have much chance but the bookies disagree.

Beyond that, they will almost certainly qualify for the CL every season Kane is there, having qualified for it 15 seasons in a row at this point. Which obviously increases his overall chances of winning it versus any PL side bar City, who are much more likely not to qualify in any given year. Taking oursleves as an example, we've only qualified for the CL in half the post-SAF seasons.

Wheato

This is good news.

A weaker Spurs is better for us.

Bayern....who cares? Their season is a cake walk.

Irrational.

I hope any player thinks twice before selling their soul to Levy/ Spurs. They will milk you dry and ruin your career before they even think of selling you. Joke of a club.

I am still baffled at Kane’s decision to sign that extension - he’s wasted his best years at Spurs and nothing to show for it. He should’ve moved years ago when they lost in the CL final to Liverpool. He is being advised by morons.

Hope he does well with Bayern - at least he can end his career with a few DFB-Pokals.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I was hoping to see him here next year but as a football fan, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does with Bayern.

Siorac

I am still baffled at Kane’s decision to sign that extension
Which is why it's odd to blame Spurs for it. Kane did not have to sign that contract. Why on earth would Tottenham be obligated to sell him for less than what they think he's worth while he's under contract?

They squeezed, by all accounts, around 100m out of Bayern for a 30-year-old with one year left on his contract, and avoided selling him to a direct competitor. Great deal for them. The moral of the story isn't "don't go to Tottenham", rather "don't sign a six-year contract when half of Europe would love to have you".

Redfan94

Like losing your virginity to a prostitute winning your first bit of silverware over there.

Fts 74

Didn't think he'd go tbh, can't blame him Bayern are a huge club and he'll bang them in for fun.

Levy is something else though, left Tottenham high and dry with the season about to start not that I care but still.

Bondi77

Maybe - and I'm just throwing it out here - returning to the Premier League isn't his priority?

Maybe he fancies living in one of Europe's nicest cities while winning trophy after trophy and taking part in the Champions League every single year.
The German domestic trophies are worthless to an Englishman

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Simon Stone's tweets are all weirdly worded. How can someone who cannot put a coherent sentence together is a journalist, is beyond me
This is a real "issue", the other day I was thinking about the fact that more and more reporters can't talk or read for an audience. They sound and often write like I did in highschool.

If I remember correctly, years ago articles were written about that and it was linked to editors having less influence, in tweets or cheap papers you get the words of the journalist when in other formats you will get the edited words of the journalist.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
The English Marco Reus joins Bayern.
Guess it will still not be enough to stop the idiots from repeating over and over how Bayern buy from their domestic rivals despite their starting 11 now coming from

Kane - Spurs
Sane - City
Musiala, Müller, Davies, Stanisic - Academy
Coman, De Ligt - Juventus
Min Jae - Napoli
Gnabry - Arsenal via Bremen
Kimmich - Leipzig in 2nd division
Gravenberch, Mazaroui - Ajax
Tel - Rennes
Choupo - Psg

Turnbl

This all feels very Champ Manager 97/98 20th season type transfer.

I think it's very interesting for the super branded PL to lose one of it's best known players, England captain no less. I'm sure there'll be some serious scrambling on changing Sky VT's and adverts.

This feels a little different to Beckham moving abroad - maybe the general expectation with 'our' Harry being a typical won't leave/expand horizons type.

GlasgowCeltic

their two summer signings are big ones, I’d say they’re just a DM short at this point. Need more out of the wide players though

KeanoMagicHat

Simon Stone's tweets are all weirdly worded. How can someone who cannot put a coherent sentence together is a journalist, is beyond me
He just seems to tweet the first thing that comes into his head half the time, while he's in the middle of something else.

Loon

:lol:
This all feels very Champ Manager 97/98 20th season type transfer.

I think it's very interesting for the super branded PL to lose one of it's best known players, England captain no less. I'm sure there'll be some serious scrambling on changing Sky VT's and adverts.

This feels a little different to Beckham moving abroad - maybe the general expectation with 'our' Harry being a typical won't leave/expand horizons type.
Imagine the current programmers trying to integrate Levyisms into the next FM game?

Dannn411

Are they? Does it also work the other way around? Because Gundogan seemed pretty happy with all the silverware he won at City.
Comparing the PL title and Bundesliga title is like comparing the World cup to Nations League. Whether you like it or not, the PL is several levels above the Bundesliga in quality of competition and winning one will never give you the same feeling as winning the other. Not in this day and age.

Siorac

Comparing the PL title and Bundesliga title is like comparing the World cup to Nations League. Whether you like it or not, the PL is several levels above the Bundesliga in quality of competition and winning one will never give you the same feeling as winning the other. Not in this day and age.
Winning the Premier League with Manchester City is roughly the equivalent of winning the Bundesliga with Bayern München. And this time Kane had no chance of joining City.