Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He can't win either, he lacks ambition or gets mocked for sticking it out with Spurs and not winning a trophy. Gets mocked for winning an easy trophies with Bayern.

Footballing-wise Bayern is the perfect transfer for him tbh, he fits their team really well, will bring their wide forwards into play, score lots. They'll be a force in the CL.
And it's generally senseless because winning trophies with Chelsea, City, United or Liverpool isn't exactly difficult, even in our worst times we managed to get trophies when we managed to be competent for a short period of time. All his options are top clubs and they all win trophies relatively regularly without him or someone of his caliber upfront. The entire thing is senseless.

Siorac

I think part of the reason Bayern are prepared to pay such a big fee for him is because they know that they will easily be able to sell him back to the Premier League at a similar price.
But why would they do that? You seem to assume that Bayern's goal here is to ensure Harry Kane ends up at a Premier League club. I think it's a lot more likely that their aims are rather more traditional: they want him to score goals and improve their team so they can have a go at the Champions League trophy.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I kind of feel for Bayern. Once they finally overcome Levy they will faced with the final boss, a top football agent who's even an tougher opponent to negotiate with.

TheGame

I think part of the reason Bayern are prepared to pay such a big fee for him is because they know that they will easily be able to sell him back to the Premier League at a similar price.

There was never any way Levy was going to sell him to an English club this summer unless they offered Neymar levels of transfer money.

I just really don't see Kane in Germany long term.
No one will be paying that much money for him considering he will be older.

MegadrivePerson

But why would they do that? You seem to assume that Bayern's goal here is to ensure Harry Kane ends up at a Premier League club. I think it's a lot more likely that their aims are rather more traditional: they want him to score goals and improve their team so they can have a go at the Champions League trophy.
Because Bayern are an incredibly well run club, Kane has just turned 30 and they will know that he hasn't got many years left at the top, so I think they will cash in on him in either a year or two years max.

No one will be paying that much money for him considering he will be older.
If Bayern made him available next summer, Premier League clubs would definitely be in for him at a similar price.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I kind of feel for Bayern. Once they finally overcome Levy they will faced with the final boss, a top football agent who's even an tougher opponent to negotiate with.

The strange varnish under his coffee makes it look like a river of spilled coffee is flowing from that cup.

Blackwidow

So Spurs probably have stolen him another trophy as he will sign too late to be able to register him for tomorrow's Supercup. (He would not have to play, just to be in the squad)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Looks like Bayern fans are quite happy with this despite the large fee. I don't blame them because they're taking the best striker the Premier League has had over the last few years (in terms of consistency).

Just a shame that we never got to see Mane, Sane and Kane line up for them.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wait, a player who was very (very) unlikely to join us, irrespective if we matched Bayern's bid, isn't joining us ?

Damn you , United ! Damn you to hell !!

Plastic Evra

There was never any way Levy was going to sell him to an English club this summer unless they offered Neymar levels of transfer money.

I just really don't see Kane in Germany long term.
I doubt he will retain that sort of value. I think Bayern chose him because he's the most dependable top striker available and just a tad cheaper than Mbappé or Osimhen, more proven too.
For all his faults, Kane doesn't seem like a problem player or a primadonna. He does his shifts and is extremely productive. Bayern likes their Lewa and Toni strikers.

tomaldinho1

I'm not the one clutching and there is no controverse. He is an academy player of both clubs, I don't see why I would pretend that it's only Chelsea when it's literally not the case.
If you want to die on this hill go for it.

vodrake

Because Bayern are an incredibly well run club, Kane has just turned 30 and they will know that he hasn't got many years left at the top, so I think they will cash in on him in either a year or two years max.

If Bayern made him available next summer, Premier League clubs would definitely be in for him at a similar price.
Lewandowski was banging in goals till the age of 34 with them and they only sold him because he wanted to leave. Bayern will be looking at having a top striker for a few more years more than at his resale value

eire-red

It'll be intriguing to see what absolute dross Spurs splash this money on. Just before the start of the season too.

Spurs fans must be fuming.

Hoof the ball

If you want to die on this hill go for it.
If I have my stats correct, Musiala spent years being moulded at Chelsea's highly regarded and successful academy, and then joined Bayern and played the sum total of a mesmerising 12 u-17 games before getting his Bundesliga debut.

Bayern academy prospect just as much as Chelsea one, though. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I have my stats correct, Musiala spent years being moulded at Chelsea's highly regarded and successful academy, and then joined Bayern and played the sum total of a mesmerising 12 u-17 games before getting his Bundesliga debut.

It's not a qualitative or quantitative point. Musiala is an academy player of both clubs, he signed apprenticeship contracts for both clubs and signed his first professional contract in 2021. Are Chelsea the main developers in his case? Absolutely but the scholarship/apprenticeship contract that he signed at 16 for Bayern is also an academy contract as is the year that he spent in their academy before his promotion. From the POV of FIFA and UEFA, he is also considered to be formed at both clubs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He’s still in his house of 12.11pm, he’s not even at the airport yet. He has been told it will be BM who will tell him he can travel, not us. Very odd.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I haven't checked the odds but them being more likely to win the CL than all of Real, Barca, Arsenal, Utd, PSG and any Italian club seems a bit strange considering they nearly lost a 1-team league and went out at the quarter finals of the CL last year. Kim and now Kane are great signings but I doubt many would have suggested Bayern were winning CL last season so why they would suddenly be more likely winners of the CL than the most successful team in the history of the competition is a bit of a mystery to me.
Yeah we went out in the quarter finals against City after 8 wins out of 8 games against Barca, Inter, PSG. How and why should these teams have better chances to win the CL? Let alone Arsenal or United...

City obviously are the big favorites. I'd also argue Real will always be among the top favorites. But besides these two teams there is no other team that has a better chance to win the CL than Bayern imo.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

TSV Lehnerz is where he learned it all, everyone knows that.

Cloud7

It'll be intriguing to see what absolute dross Spurs splash this money on. Just before the start of the season too.

Spurs fans must be fuming.
I was thinking about this as well. As we’ve seen this summer, that sum of money doesn’t get you a whole lot, unless Spurs have scouted some gems ready to take the step up out there.

Dazzmondo

Why would clubs suddenly be interested at that price next season when they aren't interested this season?