Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
So a bunch of excuses about any signing that disproves what you were saying? Ah okay.

You could also point to endless signings between Premier League clubs that have been great.
Man City is buying and enjoying their Bundesliga products, if your team isn't then look inwards

Blackwidow

A deflected goal, misplaced passes and just a few touches and he gets already hailed as the new messiah
The assist was great though I give him that.

No chance he won’t score at least 30 this season.
The last time we lost a point in Bremen was 2008/09. Müller was not in the team then. So scoring in Bremen for sure does not tell how much goals Kane will score until the end of the season.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
People here are acting like all Bundesliga teams are playing suicidal attack football with a crazy high line.

That's not the case.

Usually most teams try to park the bus against Bayern and then you have teams like Union Berlin and Augsburg that just park the bus against any opponent.

If you look at the goals/game stat the Bundesliga had 3.1 goals/game last season, while the PL had 2.7 goals/game.

A noticable difference, yes, but not that crazy.

Which attacking players come to mind?

As far as I remember Haaland came to the PL last year and scored even better here than he did in the Bundesliga.
Kagawa, Sancho, Mhkitaryan, Werner, Havertz.....need I go on

OverratedOpinion

Man City is buying and enjoying their Bundesliga products, if your team isn't then look inwards
Most of City's signings turn out successful including Ake, Grealish, Mahrez, Walker and Stones.

Do their players doing well say anything about the Portuguese league? The Argintinian? Spanish? Italian?

No, don't talk such waffle. You got caught out talking nonsense, tried to make a bunch of excuses and have wittled your argument down to "yeah well City are good".

How signings perform from ANY league is a complete toss up and says very little about the quality of that league when you are dealing with the top few leagues.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
It is fair to say that 100% of the Bundesliga players United bought were underperforming although Hargreaves at least wasn't horrible until some team doctors started to treat him...
Others like Gündogan, Özil, de Bruyne, Song, Baba, Firminho, de Jong, Dzeko did quite allright i hear.

GameOn

So it's the fault of the Bundesliga that United couldn't get anything right this past decade?

Kagawa and Mhkitaryan each had one (!) solid to good season in Germany. Sancho just didn't care anymore once he got the bag. They all failed at United due to different reasons. It certainly wasn't because they came from the Bundesliga though, since the vast majority of United's signings this past decade suddenly turned to shit (Pogba, Lukaku, di Maria, Maguire etc.) regardless of which league they came from.

Werner was always vastly overrated and only functions ok in a pure counter-setup, which is why he did fine at Leipzig but works nowhere else (not for Chelsea, not for the German national team). Nearly every football expert that watched German football warned Chelsea back then. Even then he only scored 9 BL goals after his Leipzig return last year. He is washed.

Havertz was totally played out of position at Chelsea. He isn't a striker. He is a number ten, an attacking midfielder.

Now let's take a look at the good players that left the Bundesliga and weren't used in a ridiculous way:

Haaland - scores more in the PL than he did in the BL
Lewandowski - immediately La Liga top scorer by quite some margin
Son - scores more in Tottenham than he did for Leverkusen
Firmino - scored more in Liverpool than he did for Hoffenheim
Aubameyang - scored just as well in the PL than he did in the BL
De Bruyne - I don't need to explain this one, right?

Need i go on?

spiriticon

Kane is the player we needed the most this summer. He would have fit in like a glove at number 9.

Sad that Levy simply did not want to sell to an English club.

Lecland07

Kane is the player we needed the most this summer. He would have fit in like a glove at number 9.

Sad that Levy simply did not want to sell to an English club.
Doubt Kane would have been interested anyway. He wanted a team that would guarantee titles and a shot at Champion's League, which is not Manchester United, unfortunately.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

So it's the fault of the Bundesliga that United couldn't get anything right this past decade?

Kagawa and Mhkitaryan each had one (!) solid to good season in Germany. Sancho just didn't care anymore once he got the bag. They all failed at United due to different reasons. It certainly wasn't because they came from the Bundesliga though, since the vast majority of United's signings this past decade suddenly turned to shit (Pogba, Lukaku, di Maria, Maguire etc.) regardless of which league they came from.

Werner was always vastly overrated and only functions ok in a pure counter-setup, which is why he did fine at Leipzig but works nowhere else (not for Chelsea, not for the German national team). Nearly every football expert that watched German football warned Chelsea back then. Even then he only scored 9 BL goals after his Leipzig return last year. He is washed.

Havertz was totally played out of position at Chelsea. He isn't a striker. He is a number ten, an attacking midfielder.

Now let's take a look at the good players that left the Bundesliga and weren't used in a ridiculous way:

Haaland - scores more in the PL than he did in the BL
Lewandowski - immediately La Liga top scorer by quite some margin
Son - scores more in Tottenham than he did for Leverkusen
Firmino - scored more in Liverpool than he did for Hoffenheim
Aubameyang - scored just as well in the PL than he did in the BL
De Bruyne - I don't need to explain this one, right?

Need i go on?
Firmino played for the second best team ffs.

Lewandowski went to Barca ffs.

Halaand is the exception.

Honestly, the Bundesliga is weak, any disagreement is a cope.

Jadon Sancho: 0.66 —> 0.28, 58% decrease.

Kai Havertz: 0.51 —> 0.43, 16% decrease.

Luka Jović: 0.72 —> 0.65, 10% decrease, with all the asterisks.

Christian Pulisic: 0.48 —> 0.49, 2% increase(!)

Timo Werner: 0.81 —> 0.61, 25% decrease.

Joelinton: 0.57 —> 0.27, 53% decrease.

Leon Bailey: 0.55 —> 45% decrease

FerociousCorgis

Can we stop with the Kane and united talk? No chance levy would've sold, not even sure Kane wanted to come here. Of the Cfs who moved this summer we got one of the top overall options and did the best we could

spiriticon

Doubt Kane would have been interested anyway. He wanted a team that would guarantee titles and a shot at Champion's League, which is not Manchester United, unfortunately.
Actually I read in various rumours that he was open to the idea of joining us. But any glimpse of an idea was shut down fairly quickly by Levy.

Unam333

Scored a goal and gave an assist. I'm actually really happy for him. Hopefully he'll have a good season and doing well in the CL, because United certainly won't win the darn thing. I really feel this season an English team (bar United) will win the CL again and it would be nice if Bayern can stop them.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
his preferred option was man united

tothetop96

Haaland Lewandowski Aubameyang the real strikers from Bundesliga matched out outdid their BL performance when they left
While EPL exports like Cancelo Mane and Hazard were major flops
Lewandowski's goals/game ratio is way down for Barca compared to his last few seasons in the Bundesliga. Aubameyang's also much worse. You're literally not even checking

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Going back through the transfer saga part of this thread is quite a ride. Shoutout to @croadyman for the unwavering belief in Kane to Bayern :D

Lecland07

I don't think you can look at Manchester United failed signings as a barometer of a league. 90% of our signings have been crap since Ferguson retired.

Man City seem to be having some success with their Bundesliga signings: Gundogan, Akanji, De Bruyne, Haaland, Gvardiol (wasn't everyone bigging this guy up?). I would say that is a fair number from one league.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The eternal debate of leagues who generate more talent than others...
Luka Jovic was useless at Portuguese league and he banged goals at Germany, Jota was an average player at Portuguese league and now starts for a lot of games at Liverpool and Ruben Neves was highly praised at this forum was no more than a 3rd choice player at Porto, just to give everyone some context on how random a player's career can be.

Lyng

Most of City's signings turn out successful including Ake, Grealish, Mahrez, Walker and Stones.

Do their players doing well say anything about the Portuguese league? The Argintinian? Spanish? Italian?

No, don't talk such waffle. You got caught out talking nonsense, tried to make a bunch of excuses and have wittled your argument down to "yeah well City are good".

How signings perform from ANY league is a complete toss up and says very little about the quality of that league when you are dealing with the top few leagues.
So Cities signings say nothing about the leagues they come from, but ours do???

Trezeguet17

The eternal debate of leagues who generate more talent than others...
Luka Jovic was useless at Portuguese league and he banged goals at Germany, Jota was an average player at Portuguese league and now starts for a lot of games at Liverpool and Ruben Neves was highly praised at this forum was no more than a 3rd choice player at Porto, just to give everyone some context on how random a player's career can be.
True, but the problem is that the german fans are over the top sensitive when someone criticises their beloved Bundesliga.

Now some posters take the piss but the Bundesliga Defense Force posters still just can‘t help themselves and get even more defensive.

The result of this is that every second thread in the football forum becomes a discussion about the Bundesliga now.

Entweder ein Minderwertigkeitskomplex oder eine Art von Nationalstolz den ich nicht verstehe.
Die Bundesliga ist, mit Ausnahme von Bayern, doch schon länger nicht mehr als eine reine Ausbildungsliga.

The performance of the German national team says everything about the current state of German football.

Just the fact that people here argue with players like Son, DeBruyne, Firmino or even with transfers from the decade before last like Kompany to talk the league strong speaks for itself.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
True, but the problem is that the german fans are over the top sensitive when someone criticises their beloved Bundesliga.

Now some posters take the piss but the Bundesliga Defense Force posters still just can‘t help themselves and get even more defensive.

The result of this is that every second thread in the football forum becomes a discussion about the Bundesliga now.

Entweder ein Minderwertigkeitskomplex oder eine Art von Nationalstolz den ich nicht verstehe.
Die Bundesliga ist, mit Ausnahme von Bayern, doch schon länger nicht mehr als eine reine Ausbildungsliga.

The performance of the German national team says everything about the current state of German football.

Just the fact that people here argue with players like Son, DeBruyne, Firmino or even with transfers from the decade before last like Kompany to talk the league strong speaks for itself.
To be fair a nation's league performance is not necessarily corelated with their how good their league is, especially in these day and age when more and more foreign players fill up the numbers.

Hell even when most players are domestic it doesn't necessarily apply, British teams dominated Europe in late 70s early 80s yet won sod all as nation.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
To be fair a nation's league performance is not necessarily corelated with their how good their league is, especially in these day and age when more and more foreign players fill up the numbers.

Hell even when most players are domestic it doesn't necessarily apply, British teams dominated Europe in late 70s early 80s yet won sod all as nation.
As a far I remember top english clubs back in the 70s and 80s were filled with many welsh, irish, and scottish players. Which might explain why the english national team still didn't do anything special back then, despite english clubs looking great in Europe.

Also I don't think the german national team is bad, they got knocked out last WC cause 2 mistakes in the game against Japan, where they missed multiple chances before Japan scored the equalizer and second goal.
I believe they are 1 reliable striker away from becoming great again, certainly dominating games were not their issue, wasting chances was.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It’s great that he actually went there. Top 3 strikers should be playing in the Champions League. Also, I think he’ll have a lot more fun in the Bundesliga.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
As a far I remember top english clubs back in the 70s and 80s were filled with many welsh, irish, and scottish players. Which might explain why the english national team still didn't do do anything special much back then, despite english clubs looking great in Europe.

Also I don't think the german national team is bad, they got knocked out last WC cause 2 mistakes in the game against Japan, where they missed multiple chances before Japan scored the equalizer and second goal.
I believe they are 1 reliable striker away from becoming great again, certainly dominating games were not their issue, wasting chances was.
Fair to a certain degree but I reckon the percentage of British players playing in league was still quite high, especially by today's standards.

For example counting from 1978 to 1980 which saw 3 consecutive British European cup triumphs Liverpool and notts forrest each had 8,8 and 6 British players in their respective finals bayern for example had 6 native players in their 2020 final against psg(quite a high number as well in comparison to others) Chelsea the very next year had only 3.

My examples are not perfect but you can certainly see a trend.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Doesn’t always work like that. England didn’t even qualify for the Euros 2008. But the same season we had the first ever all English CL final and 10 English players started in that final.

GameOn

Don't think that's the case.

Not even the hardest Bundesliga fan denies that the PL is the league with the most overall quality in the world.

It's just when some hardcore PL fans glorify the PL and talk shit about every other league - including the Bundesliga - that fans of those leagues get mad.

In case of the Bundesliga fans you notice them more, because there are simply more German posters on here than let's say French, Italian or Spanish posters.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Not even the hardest Bundesliga fan denies that the PL is the league with the most overall quality in the world.

It's just when some hardcore PL fans glorify the PL and talk shit about every other league - including the Bundesliga - that fans of those leagues get mad.

In case of the Bundesliga fans you notice them more, because there are simply more German posters on here than let's say French, Italian or Spanish posters.
From my point of view it is actually mostly a United fans topic. And I guess it is because every BL transfer United made was a failure. In that case it is easy to claim that the league they were signed from is too weak. You don't see such takes from most other PL fans because their clubs usually had some success signing BL players. Which results in them having a more balanced view.

Trezeguet17

Fair enough

Blackwidow

There will be a long interview with Harry in Sunday's BILD (Source for the translation: )

Harry Kane in @BILDamSONNTAG interview with @cfbayern & @altobelli13: "I felt it was time for me to take the next step in my career. I wanted this experience, to fight for titles, for the Champions League. Playing for a club as huge as Bayern is an insane challenge. I was thinking less about the league and more about FC Bayern: How can I get better? Bayern is the perfect club for me here."

Kane on the biggest difference between the Premier League and the Bundesliga: "The atmosphere in Bremen was incredible, very different from England and the Premier League. It was a league game, but it felt like a big European night, like a Champions League game. The match was a high-paced game. Bremen played man to man, aggressively with the defensive line pushed forward. There were also many counterattacks. There are few teams in the Premier League that act like that. But what was really impressive was the high tempo and the atmosphere. I have to adapt to it. But I feel like I can compete in any league, in any country. It's amazing to add this experience to my resume".

Kane on the conversation he had with Rummenigge before his move: "Mr. Rummenigge explained to me how the club is managed and how important the fans are. That the club is like a family: Almost everyone in the club knows everyone. The fans get very close to us players. But he also explained to me how big the pressure is at Bayern: trophies are expected here - actually more than just one. Before the first game, there was also this special extra pressure: we have to win. That's the mentality here. There is only one way at Bayern: win. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explained that very well. And this FC Bayern mentality will make me better as a player and help me progress".

Kane: "It feels like there's a very strong connection with the fans here - a family. At first I could hardly believe it when I saw there were normal residential buildings on the other side of Säbener Straße. This is unique. The fans are such a big part of a football club, they're with us through thick and thin. Getting in touch with them - through an autograph, a photo or a short conversation - is important and not a problem for me at all."

Kane: "I think I'm a down to earth person. I never forget where I come from. I remember well how I used to look up to stars like David Beckham. Back then, 10 seconds with one of these stars would have meant the world to me. I'm now trying to give the kids in particular who are waiting for me a memory they will remember for a lifetime."

Kane on the old photo alongside his wife Kate with David Beckham: "That was a great moment for me. Back then, David Beckham opened an academy for kids, to which we were invited as a school class and were allowed to train with him there. I was eleven years old. My wife and I have known each other since we were five years old, almost our entire lives. We started dating when we were 18. But we had a lot of contact before that."

Kane on his newborn baby: "We have decided that the birth would take place in the familiar environment in London. But Henry is coming soon with his mother and three siblings and will grow up speaking German. His German will one day be better than mine. (laughs)".

Kane: "I've always followed Bayern in the Champions League, and Bundesliga matches. As a footballer, I like to watch the games of the best teams, including Bayern. I also spoke a lot with coach Thomas Tuchel beforehand: he told me which system he would like to play, what makes sense based on the type of player. Before the move, I was intensively involved with FC Bayern. Thomas also showed me exactly where he sees me, my positioning. I want to understand my teammates: what sets them apart, what drives them. I'm learning every day right now. I hope that this connection will become really strong in the coming months."

Kane on Tuchel: "We've met a few times in the Premier League. When we met in the summer, I was immediately struck by his energy. Thomas Tuchel is bursting with ideas, he has a great personality. It's important to me to have a good relationship with the coach. The foundation for that was laid early on. Thomas speaks his mind straight to your face - and he wants you to do the same to him. The human as well as the professional side just fit between us".

How did Tuchel convince you of FC Bayern?

Kane: "Thomas wanted to get to know me first and told me why he wanted me at Bayern. In the same meeting, however, he went into great detail: where exactly does he see me and that I should play as a clearer #9 than I often do at Tottenham. My role there was a bit different, I dropped deep more often. With players like Leroy Sané, Kingsley Coman or Serge Gnabry on the wings, a team can attack quickly – that allows me to position myself in the center of the penalty box. I can adapt to that. Even the playing styles of the England national team and Tottenham were different and that was never a problem for me."

Kane on his 100 million price tag: "I'm extremely grateful to Bayern for never giving up. They have great faith in me. But I don't want to look at the number too much. I'm here now, on the pitch, in the dressing room. I want to help, be a leader, score goals. I don't have the transfer fee in mind, that doesn't change my approach."

Kane: "Maybe my journey here can be an inspiration for younger (English) players to do the same and take that step. I can remember David Beckham making the move from Manchester United to Real Madrid. I was a kid and I was like, 'Wow, what an amazing experience.' Maybe I took Beckham as an example: I always wanted to see a different league, a different environment. So far it's going great: on and off the pitch. I'm happy when my wife and our four children come to Munich from London and we move into a house. That should happen in the next six weeks".

Kane on Thomas Müller: "A great guy who took very good care of me from the start. On the pitch, he really does everything with his eyes, his head, this unique intuition. He's seen so many players come and go at Bayern Munich. And yet he approached me immediately with his openness. He can push the whole team with his experience and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better".

Are you a classic #9 or a playmaker?
Kane: "I can play both. When Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli played as #10 at Tottenham, I was more of a classic #9 there. In Thomas Tuchel's system at FC Bayern, I'll be a clear #9. But I also love serving my team-mates with passes, like in the first goal in Bremen. If an opponent is playing man-to-man, I can drop more into midfield to give space to the wingers."

Kane on Gerd Müller: "Gerd Müller was one of the greatest strikers ever. I've watched a lot of his videos on YouTube and know some of his records. But I will certainly get to know the history of this absolute legend even better here. I also admired Robert Lewandowski as a young player, he took a fantastic path and set unbelievable records. I want to reach his level - and maybe even better."

How annoyed are you that you haven't won trophies in your career so far?
Kane: "That has been our goal at Tottenham year after year. We came very close to that goal and had really good years. It was a pity that we never made it to the finish line. I now want to fight for the league, the cup and the Champions League. That will bring me forward as a player. Winning these first trophies is very important to me. I hope that will be the case this season"

Kane: "I know that when you turn 30 as a footballer, people somehow always have retirement in the back of their minds. But I would like to play at the top level for another 7-8 years. And the example of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Karim Benzema or Lewandowski shows that it is absolutely possible to achieve top performances when you are a footballer. The decision for FC Bayern was not made because of time pressure, but out of conviction."

Kane on the 2024 CL final at Wembley: "It would be an absolute dream to play this game in my home country. There are still a few months to go before then. But we can go far with our team in the Champions League."

Redfrog

There will be a long interview with Harry in Sunday's BILD (Source for the translation: )

Harry Kane in @BILDamSONNTAG interview with @cfbayern & @altobelli13: "I felt it was time for me to take the next step in my career. I wanted this experience, to fight for titles, for the Champions League. Playing for a club as huge as Bayern is an insane challenge. I was thinking less about the league and more about FC Bayern: How can I get better? Bayern is the perfect club for me here."

Kane on the biggest difference between the Premier League and the Bundesliga: "The atmosphere in Bremen was incredible, very different from England and the Premier League. It was a league game, but it felt like a big European night, like a Champions League game. The match was a high-paced game. Bremen played man to man, aggressively with the defensive line pushed forward. There were also many counterattacks. There are few teams in the Premier League that act like that. But what was really impressive was the high tempo and the atmosphere. I have to adapt to it. But I feel like I can compete in any league, in any country. It's amazing to add this experience to my resume".

Kane on the conversation he had with Rummenigge before his move: "Mr. Rummenigge explained to me how the club is managed and how important the fans are. That the club is like a family: Almost everyone in the club knows everyone. The fans get very close to us players. But he also explained to me how big the pressure is at Bayern: trophies are expected here - actually more than just one. Before the first game, there was also this special extra pressure: we have to win. That's the mentality here. There is only one way at Bayern: win. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explained that very well. And this FC Bayern mentality will make me better as a player and help me progress".

Kane: "It feels like there's a very strong connection with the fans here - a family. At first I could hardly believe it when I saw there were normal residential buildings on the other side of Säbener Straße. This is unique. The fans are such a big part of a football club, they're with us through thick and thin. Getting in touch with them - through an autograph, a photo or a short conversation - is important and not a problem for me at all."

Kane: "I think I'm a down to earth person. I never forget where I come from. I remember well how I used to look up to stars like David Beckham. Back then, 10 seconds with one of these stars would have meant the world to me. I'm now trying to give the kids in particular who are waiting for me a memory they will remember for a lifetime."

Kane on the old photo alongside his wife Kate with David Beckham: "That was a great moment for me. Back then, David Beckham opened an academy for kids, to which we were invited as a school class and were allowed to train with him there. I was eleven years old. My wife and I have known each other since we were five years old, almost our entire lives. We started dating when we were 18. But we had a lot of contact before that."

Kane on his newborn baby: "We have decided that the birth would take place in the familiar environment in London. But Henry is coming soon with his mother and three siblings and will grow up speaking German. His German will one day be better than mine. (laughs)".

Kane: "I've always followed Bayern in the Champions League, and Bundesliga matches. As a footballer, I like to watch the games of the best teams, including Bayern. I also spoke a lot with coach Thomas Tuchel beforehand: he told me which system he would like to play, what makes sense based on the type of player. Before the move, I was intensively involved with FC Bayern. Thomas also showed me exactly where he sees me, my positioning. I want to understand my teammates: what sets them apart, what drives them. I'm learning every day right now. I hope that this connection will become really strong in the coming months."

Kane on Tuchel: "We've met a few times in the Premier League. When we met in the summer, I was immediately struck by his energy. Thomas Tuchel is bursting with ideas, he has a great personality. It's important to me to have a good relationship with the coach. The foundation for that was laid early on. Thomas speaks his mind straight to your face - and he wants you to do the same to him. The human as well as the professional side just fit between us".

How did Tuchel convince you of FC Bayern?

Kane: "Thomas wanted to get to know me first and told me why he wanted me at Bayern. In the same meeting, however, he went into great detail: where exactly does he see me and that I should play as a clearer #9 than I often do at Tottenham. My role there was a bit different, I dropped deep more often. With players like Leroy Sané, Kingsley Coman or Serge Gnabry on the wings, a team can attack quickly – that allows me to position myself in the center of the penalty box. I can adapt to that. Even the playing styles of the England national team and Tottenham were different and that was never a problem for me."

Kane on his 100 million price tag: "I'm extremely grateful to Bayern for never giving up. They have great faith in me. But I don't want to look at the number too much. I'm here now, on the pitch, in the dressing room. I want to help, be a leader, score goals. I don't have the transfer fee in mind, that doesn't change my approach."

Kane: "Maybe my journey here can be an inspiration for younger (English) players to do the same and take that step. I can remember David Beckham making the move from Manchester United to Real Madrid. I was a kid and I was like, 'Wow, what an amazing experience.' Maybe I took Beckham as an example: I always wanted to see a different league, a different environment. So far it's going great: on and off the pitch. I'm happy when my wife and our four children come to Munich from London and we move into a house. That should happen in the next six weeks".

Kane on Thomas Müller: "A great guy who took very good care of me from the start. On the pitch, he really does everything with his eyes, his head, this unique intuition. He's seen so many players come and go at Bayern Munich. And yet he approached me immediately with his openness. He can push the whole team with his experience and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better".

Are you a classic #9 or a playmaker?
Kane: "I can play both. When Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli played as #10 at Tottenham, I was more of a classic #9 there. In Thomas Tuchel's system at FC Bayern, I'll be a clear #9. But I also love serving my team-mates with passes, like in the first goal in Bremen. If an opponent is playing man-to-man, I can drop more into midfield to give space to the wingers."

Kane on Gerd Müller: "Gerd Müller was one of the greatest strikers ever. I've watched a lot of his videos on YouTube and know some of his records. But I will certainly get to know the history of this absolute legend even better here. I also admired Robert Lewandowski as a young player, he took a fantastic path and set unbelievable records. I want to reach his level - and maybe even better."

How annoyed are you that you haven't won trophies in your career so far?
Kane: "That has been our goal at Tottenham year after year. We came very close to that goal and had really good years. It was a pity that we never made it to the finish line. I now want to fight for the league, the cup and the Champions League. That will bring me forward as a player. Winning these first trophies is very important to me. I hope that will be the case this season"

Kane: "I know that when you turn 30 as a footballer, people somehow always have retirement in the back of their minds. But I would like to play at the top level for another 7-8 years. And the example of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Karim Benzema or Lewandowski shows that it is absolutely possible to achieve top performances when you are a footballer. The decision for FC Bayern was not made because of time pressure, but out of conviction."

Kane on the 2024 CL final at Wembley: "It would be an absolute dream to play this game in my home country. There are still a few months to go before then. But we can go far with our team in the Champions League."
Nice interview. Wish him well. He is a top class player and always looked to me like a good and honest man.

frostbite

Very nice interview. I like him both as a human being and as a player. It's a pity we did not get him. I'd have preferred to give the money we paid for Mount and Hojlund to get Kane.... Anyway, good luck to him.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Am I right in believing his latest boot deal is with Sketchers?!

Like the old people slip on, supportive arch trainer brand?

LARulz

The clip I saw made it look like a great finish than just a tap in. As in slightly lifted and placed but maybe just my initial view

Either way, guy is absolute class. He is someone we should have broken the bank for

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He’s perfect for us. His personality suits the club so well. The fans love him and his character and professionalism are precisely what the team needed.
must be nice for the german fans to get a chance to see a proper, good striker, having never produced one of their own.