Harry Kane - best English player?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Scores loads of goals for Spurs, his passing is so underrated.

Consistently scored goals since his debut and every season he has improved on various aspects of his game. The improvement in his passing ability is unreal, he is like a 10 when he drops deep.

IMO he is easily and by far England's best player.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When he plays like this, it's not even close. He's having to be both a striker and a midfielder this game and is being brilliant at both.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When he plays like this, it's not even close. He's having to be both a striker and a midfielder this game and is being brilliant at both.
In a game where we have 3 midfielders, already an extra midfielder advantage, he’s having to be both a striker and a midfielder.

I think something might be wrong tactically.

roonster09

Scout
In a game where we have 3 midfielders, already an extra midfielder advantage, he’s having to be both a striker and a midfielder.

I think something might be wrong tactically.
Rice is way too deep as usual, Philips is average. Mount plays free role and drifts wide, I thought he will be that link player but so far he isn't impressive. Kane takes that position so sell, drops deep and when he sees runners, plays awesome passes.

Southgate should bring on Grealish, they need someone to bring some composure in the final third.

TsuWave

Sterling has carried these euros. Kane came to life one game ago

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Him and Raheem. Both are fits and starts sort of players but they're playing well when it matters.

Maguire might be the best too but he's a defender so there's only so much he can do.

Wilt

Worlds best manager has bid £100m for him…

roonster09

Scout
He is having Griezmannesque tournament (World cup 2018) making important contribution in knock out rounds.

He has scored in all knock out games, second top scorer with only goal behind Ronaldo.

Top goal scorer in PL, most assists in PL, if he wins Euros then good chance he will finish top 3/5 in Balon d'or.

Eddy_JukeZ

Sterling's been better than him in the Euros

But yeah Kane is England's best player

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Was quality tonight. His hold up play, dribbling and passing game were brilliant.

roonster09

Scout
Sterling's been better than him in the Euros

But yeah Kane is England's best player
Yeah, that's shouldn't be even a debate. Sterling had better Euros but Kane is by far the best English player. The season he had, probably very few in PL matched it, topping both goal scoring and assists charts and that's playing for a disjoined team.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Sterling's had a more effective Euro's because he's more suited to Southgate's counter-attacking style.

Kane is clearly a far better player.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah, that's shouldn't be even a debate. Sterling had better Euros but Kane is by far the best English player. The season he had, probably very few in PL matched it, topping both goal scoring and assists charts and that's playing for a disjoined team.
Kane should have won the PFA Player of the Year award. No idea how KDB won that.

FattyFooty

He is having Griezmannesque tournament (World cup 2018) making important contribution in knock out rounds.

He has scored in all knock out games, second top scorer with only goal behind Ronaldo.

Top goal scorer in PL, most assists in PL, if he wins Euros then good chance he will finish top 3/5 in Balon d'or.
Isnt he also top goal scorer from last WC too?

OverratedOpinion

Sterling has been our player of the tournament and the 2 defenders from Utd have also been better than Kane but yes he is our best player, probably by a reasonable distance.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah but tbf that was one of the most ridiculous top scorer award.
I remember one long shot clattering in off his back when he was completely unaware and the commentators droning on about his positioning. :lol:

Great player all the same.

roonster09

Scout
I remember one long shot clattering in off his back when he was completely unaware and the commentators droning on about his positioning. :lol:

Great player all the same.
Yeah, penalties, goals he had no clue all contributed.

Also he should be getting lot of credit for his hold up play today, he had very good game, played a beautiful pass for the first goal and scored second goal.

That's 4 games in 3 Knock out games.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah, penalties, goals he had no clue all contributed.

Also he should be getting lot of credit for his hold up play today, he had very good game, played a beautiful pass for the first goal and scored second goal.

That's 4 games in 3 Knock out games.
Fully agree, I think he was great tonight despite the atrocious penalty and that pass was gorgeous!

KennyBurner

This has to be a Joke! Sterling is far and wide the best English player right now. It’s not even close.

OverratedOpinion

This has to be a Joke! Sterling is far and wide the best English player right now. It’s not even close.
He has been the best player at this tournament. He deserves so much credit for that after the criticism he received.

Harry Kane is still the best player overall, ask yourself who you think is more likely to win the PL player of the season next year? Surely has to be Kane which is telling.

Trequarista10

Actually thought Kane drifted wide left a bit too much today, there were times we had three players on the left wing with nobody in the box. Maybe it was tactical to try and overload the Danish back 5 out wide though.

Still, good to see him getting on the ball in the build up as he does for Spurs

roonster09

Scout
He has been the best player at this tournament. He deserves so much credit for that after the criticism he received.

Harry Kane is still the best player overall, ask yourself who you think is more likely to win the PL player of the season next year? Surely has to be Kane which is telling.
You can also ask which player had better season, I mean it's not even close.

Wilt

Kane should have won the PFA Player of the Year award. No idea how KDB won that.
Agreed.

Top goal scorer, top assists while playing for “lads it’s only Spurs”.

Makes me wonder what the hell he needs to do to win it?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His hold up play is just amazing. Like a true Center Forward, but with vision and passing ability.

Hopefully he stays at Spurs.

Swiss_Red89

Does anybody already mentioned that his penalty rebound was a no look finish? :lol:

Really like the lad. Hope he wins it and stays at Spurs.

MU655

Class player. Even when his penalty is saved it still comes back to him. I think that is the first time he failed to score directly from a penalty since 2017.

His passing is brilliant.

Sylar

He can beat a man without loads of pace which is excellent

He was so smart with his forward play, the way he won free kicks when he was isolated at times. Was beautiful to watch when you support a team he's playing for

That pass to saka was excellent too