Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If what Kane says is true..., Levy said he could leave if no CL or trophy, authorised his extra holiday then threw him to the wolves about it. Can't actually imagine what Levy is thinking here. Kane surely going to be totally demotivated afterwards. Who would want to work for someone like that? Gamble gone wrong I guess, with Mourinho as manager maybe Levy was sure would have CL or a trophy.

Kane and his brother sound like right chumps too though. Not getting it in writing with specific details about how he could leave... If he's not prepared to go all guns blazing at Levy, he'll probably be forced to stay. He has cards though, Spurs, who just got bailed out for £200m, can't afford to have £120m player rotting in the reserves. He could probably force the club to sell, if he really, really wants to.

cyberman

If what Kane says is true..., Levy said he could leave if no CL or trophy, authorised his extra holiday then threw him to the wolves about it. Can't actually imagine what Levy is thinking here. Kane surely going to be totally demotivated afterwards. Who would want to work for someone like that? Gamble gone wrong I guess, with Mourinho as manager maybe Levy was sure would have CL or a trophy.

Kane and his brother sound like right chumps too though. Not getting it in writing with specific details about how he could leave... If he's not prepared to go all guns blazing at Levy, he'll probably be forced to stay. He has cards though, Spurs, who just got bailed out for £200m, can't afford to have £120m player rotting in the reserves. He could probably force the club to sell, if he really, really wants to.
It’s not true. He told England players that he wouldn’t turn up for training and went quiet when he didn’t show up. He wasn’t muted during those few days.
Harry Kane is as thick as pig shit and his mask has slipped.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

He is a spineless weasel, he is saying everything he can to a) get his move and b) try to pacify Spurs fans and is failing miserably. If there was any truth behind any of it Harry would speak up, so far he has said NOTHING. He still hasn't handed in a transfer request FFS.

dinostar77

Just put in an offical transfer request and make an official statement that you want to leave. Then the ball is in levy's court.

IncyWincySpider

What is the issue with putting in a transfer request? Why are players so reluctant to do it, is there some kind of financial disadvantage? The guy has already given interviews over the summer pretty much saying he wants to play for City, why not just hand in a request?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just put in an offical transfer request and make an official statement that you want to leave. Then the ball is in levy's court.
The ball has never been in Levy's court, its firmly in City's, apparently Levy isn't even taking calls anymore. You had to practically kidnap Berbatov to get the sale done.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
How can he possibly think that's not already gone.
Because everyone in media still portrays him as a player who is locked up in golden cage but despite that he's maximum pro.

Once he's put formal transfer request there's no turning back from that.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Because everyone in media still portrays him as a player who is locked up in golden cage but despite that he's maximum pro.

Once he's put formal transfer request there's no turning back from that.
I think fans have got it right on the most part, apart from City fans. Most believe Harry has made a real mess of himself through out all of this.

I don't think City come out of this looking great, tapping up a player, talking about him publicly then leaving him pissing into the wind.

romufc

Its funny how nothing is said about how City have tapped up Kane.

Pep coming out saying they want him and if Spurs willing to negotiate then they will.

I wouldn't be surprised if City didn't put pressure on Kane to act up.

Regardless of a verbal agreement, Levy probably thinks Kane can leave but when you see Lukaku and Grealish going for £100m, no way Kane goes for anything under £130/140m

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What is the issue with putting in a transfer request? Why are players so reluctant to do it, is there some kind of financial disadvantage? The guy has already given interviews over the summer pretty much saying he wants to play for City, why not just hand in a request?
Because then they lose their 'loyalty bonus'.

Honestly, literally 99% of Spurs fans would respect him infinitely more if he put in the transfer request, said he wanted to leave and that he'd gone as far as he can With Spurs.

Most of us would actually agree with him.

This is just the shittest of both worlds though. He and his brother are still trying to put pressure on Levy while trying to keep the fans on side. It's not working.

At least Berbatov and Modric had the decency to put one in.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I think fans have got it right on the most part, apart from City fans. Most believe Harry has made a real mess of himself through out all of this.

I don't think City come out of this looking great, tapping up a player, talking about him publicly then leaving him pissing into the wind.
Agree with both statements, and the second one is kind of related to first in terms of transfer request.

If Kane never goes with formal request and City doesn't move for him that leaves him space to navigate his relationship with fans by claiming he never really wanted to leave, it was mostly media narrative etc. and fans will get over his antics sooner.

If he goes with transfer request and still it doesn't go through there's no way he'll ever get any kind of relationship with supporters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Kane's camp claim it was agreed he would be permitted to leave if Spurs didn't win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League last season.

Sources close to Kane claim that during a meeting at the start of last season, Levy agreed to let the striker leave if Spurs failed to qualify for the Champions League or win silverware. During the summit, it is said Kane was told by the chairman that Spurs, then coached by Jose Mourinho, would compete for trophies and for the top four.

Kane was led to believe that if those goals were not met, the club would allow him to leave.

Kane left for Euro 2020 under the impression that Tottenham would sanction his exit ahead of the new season.

He felt empowered to conduct an interview with Sky Sports before the Euros in which he heavily intimated his intention to leave because he believed he had the green light.

There is frustration from Kane that his impeccable reputation has been called into question.

Sources close to Kane insist the player left for his holiday in the Bahamas and Florida under the impression that he would be allowed to take an extended break.

It is claimed that this agreement was withdrawn while he was away but not communicated directly to him.

The miscommunication is said to have caused him to miss his return date, with the striker unsure as to why Tottenham are yet to clear up the confusion.

Kane understands the fans' frustrations but hopes they will appreciate his position, especially after the years of service and his remarkable scoring record.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Harry Kane is a massive knob-end

Submit a transfer request you deluded pr1ck
Is there a more naive player in the land? Even a player without an agent should be more savvy.

dinostar77

Because then they lose their 'loyalty bonus'.

Honestly, literally 99% of Spurs fans would respect him infinitely more if he put in the transfer request, said he wanted to leave and that he'd gone as far as he can With Spurs.

Most of us would actually agree with him.

This is just the shittest of both worlds though. He and his brother are still trying to put pressure on Levy while trying to keep the fans on side. It's not working.

At least Berbatov and Modric had the decency to put one in.
Kane stands to lose £18mil in loyalty bonuses if he puts in an official transfer request. City would give him that money over the course of his contract, but the fact that kane hasnt done that makes me think his 'advisors' are rubbish.

Adisa

Kane stands to lose £18mil in loyalty bonuses if he puts in an official transfer request. City would give him that money over the course of his contract, but the fact that kane hasnt done that makes me think his 'advisors' are rubbish.
City are not giving him that money. Once he loses that 18m, that money is gone forever. There's a reason players hardly use it. Unless City agree to add £18m to the already agreed wage, he would be a fool to put one in.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
City are not giving him that money. Once he loses that 18m, that money is gone forever. There's a reason players hardly use it. Unless City agree to add £18m to the already agreed wage, he would be a fool to put one in.
I think you're missing the point. He'll have agreed a significantly bigger salary with City. Way more than 18 million more than his salary with Spurs over the course of the contract. So yes while he'll lose the 18 million from Spurs he's also standing to lose the big paycheck City have offered him. I guess he doesn't want to official request a transfer and lose the 18 mil and have the transfer not materialize and lose the City money too.

I reckon this probably ends with Kane putting in a request at the final stages of the deal so he's basically paying 18 million of his own money as part of the transfer fee.

Adisa

I think you're missing the point. He'll have agreed a significantly bigger salary with City. Way more than 18 million more than his salary with Spurs over the course of the contract. So yes while he'll lose the 18 million from Spurs he's also standing to lose the big paycheck City have offered him. I guess he doesn't want to official request a transfer and lose the 18 mil and have the transfer not materialize and lose the City money too.

I reckon this probably ends with Kane putting in a request at the final stages of the deal so he's basically paying 18 million of his own money as part of the transfer fee.
It's a massive risk. A transfer request doesn't guarantee a transfer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

I doubt it will make much difference, Levy will have a price in his head that he wants, I'm pretty sure he will have told City it and wont pick up the phone unless its met. Personally I would accept £130-140M, I think Danny will want more, at the moment I will be more disappointed if he stays as apposed to goes if I am being honest.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Massive financial implications. All of these players have huge loyalty bonuses as part of their contracts, which the teams have to pay up when they transfer them. As soon as the player hands in a formal request, they lose out on these bonuses... which is why you almost never see premiership players formally asking to move.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Agree with both statements, and the second one is kind of related to first in terms of transfer request.

If Kane never goes with formal request and City doesn't move for him that leaves him space to navigate his relationship with fans by claiming he never really wanted to leave, it was mostly media narrative etc. and fans will get over his antics sooner.

If he goes with transfer request and still it doesn't go through there's no way he'll ever get any kind of relationship with supporters.
He said it on tv, a few days after the season ended. There is no sugar coating. Hence it shows how naive and stupid he has been.

8thWonder

Its funny how nothing is said about how City have tapped up Kane.

Pep coming out saying they want him and if Spurs willing to negotiate then they will.

I wouldn't be surprised if City didn't put pressure on Kane to act up.

Regardless of a verbal agreement, Levy probably thinks Kane can leave but when you see Lukaku and Grealish going for £100m, no way Kane goes for anything under £130/140m
Who's going to talk about it? It's libel.

The only club/situation I can remember something been done about it, and memory might be wrong here, is Southampton, Liverpool and Van Dijk. They made them wait until January didn't they?

Have there been any others in the Premier League?

Where's that from? I can't find anything resembling that figure being quoted...

The Firestarter

Kane's camp claim it was agreed he would be permitted to leave if Spurs didn't win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League last season.

Sources close to Kane claim that during a meeting at the start of last season, Levy agreed to let the striker leave if Spurs failed to qualify for the Champions League or win silverware. During the summit, it is said Kane was told by the chairman that Spurs, then coached by Jose Mourinho, would compete for trophies and for the top four.

Kane was led to believe that if those goals were not met, the club would allow him to leave.

Kane left for Euro 2020 under the impression that Tottenham would sanction his exit ahead of the new season.

He felt empowered to conduct an interview with Sky Sports before the Euros in which he heavily intimated his intention to leave because he believed he had the green light.

There is frustration from Kane that his impeccable reputation has been called into question.

Sources close to Kane insist the player left for his holiday in the Bahamas and Florida under the impression that he would be allowed to take an extended break.

It is claimed that this agreement was withdrawn while he was away but not communicated directly to him.

The miscommunication is said to have caused him to miss his return date, with the striker unsure as to why Tottenham are yet to clear up the confusion.

Kane understands the fans' frustrations but hopes they will appreciate his position, especially after the years of service and his remarkable scoring record.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Harry Kane is a massive knob-end

Submit a transfer request you deluded pr1ck
impeccable reputation :lol:

romufc

Who's going to talk about it? It's libel.

The only club/situation I can remember something been done about it, and memory might be wrong here, is Southampton, Liverpool and Van Dijk. They made them wait until January didn't they?

Have there been any others in the Premier League?

Where's that from? I can't find anything resembling that figure being quoted...
I know it doesn't happen, but you rarely also see managers talking openly about negotiations like that. Pep openly said yes we want him and if Spurs negotiate.

Kaos

I hope he does join City for stupid money and ends up being a massive flop. Would love to see the pundits crawl their way through defending their goldenboy.

Neville in this whole ordeal in particular has been nauseatingly predictable with the lengths he's gone through to defend him, especially with this whole "trust me I know Arry, he's a top bloke, something must have happened" sentiment.

I actually think Spurs will be better off without him, especially if they're looking to rebuild.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I can't see Levy not selling him this window knowing the value will only keep dropping from here
Levy isn't interested in selling him this window unless City pay up. If he doesn't leave he will most likely sign a new contract with a release clause for next summer anyway when we would still be looking £100 million.

dbs235

Can imagine everyone's attitude towards Kane and his situation would be quite different on here if it was us he was trying to move to.

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
If they can get 150mil for him, I'd say sell for sure. 28 years old. Look at Liverpool and how well they invested the Coutinho money. Liverpool weren't too far off Spurs standard at the time.

Cloud7

This is a really embarrassing way to approach things from Kane. Naturally the media will take his side because of him being England's golden boy, but this whole saga has shown him/the people around him to be a serious combination of dicks and idiots.

As I said last year with Dortmund and Sancho, the selling club is well within their rights to demand a price they deem as worthwhile for letting one of their best players go, and should not feel obligated or pressured to sell for a lower price.

When you look at the prices that players go for these days, I would argue that having a player is worth more than having money. There's a serious lack of top quality players around. Let's say Spurs sold Kane for 120 mill or something like that. Who can they realistically get that will fill the void he occupied? At least with a sum greater than that they can spread it out over the team as a whole.

Added to that, City themselves set a precedent by paying 100 million for Graelish, because Kane is worth significantly more than that.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Is anyone surprised? He swore on his child’s like he touched a football that the video footage showed he didn’t touch for a goal (then the premier league gave him the goal). :lol:

romufc

This is a really embarrassing way to approach things from Kane. Naturally the media will take his side because of him being England's golden boy, but this whole saga has shown him/the people around him to be a serious combination of dicks and idiots.

As I said last year with Dortmund and Sancho, the selling club is well within their rights to demand a price they deem as worthwhile for letting one of their best players go, and should not feel obligated or pressured to sell for a lower price.

When you look at the prices that players go for these days, I would argue that having a player is worth more than having money. There's a serious lack of top quality players around. Let's say Spurs sold Kane for 120 mill or something like that. Who can they realistically get that will fill the void he occupied? At least with a sum greater than that they can spread it out over the team as a whole.

Added to that, City themselves set a precedent by paying 100 million for Graelish, because Kane is worth significantly more than that.
Exactly this.

We all know Sancho wanted to leave last season and he had a gentleman's agreement with Dortmund, if the right offer comes you can leave. Dortmund had a stance, 120m and he can leave, Manutd never offered that and Sancho trained and done the rest.

Kane IMO has a similar he had an agreement but the price isn't met so why should Spurs give City a discount just because Kane wants to leave? If City really want him, theyll put the money down and get him. Its actually a simple deal. Meet the fee, sign the player.

Giggsy13

Kane should be firing his agent. If he wanted out in the middle of his contract then you put in a release clause not rely a gentlemen’s agreement with levy.

Glorio

Kane should be firing his agent. If he wanted out in the middle of his contract then you put in a release clause not rely a gentlemen’s agreement with levy.
Would make for awkward Christmas dinners considering it's his brother - you do have a point though