Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The lad is obviously incredible and he'd instantly make us contenders for me. But question, has he ever been good against us? We seem almost a voodoo team for him or does he struggle in big games overall?
I was thinking the same, he’s obviously great but I never find him especially threatening when we play them, in the way that players like Henry, Aguero and Shearer regularly scared the shit out of me over the years.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wouldn't want to give Spurs £120m+ which they could use for a rebuild.

Ludens the Red

I was thinking the same, he’s obviously great but I never find him especially threatening when we play them, in the way that players like Henry, Aguero and Shearer regularly scared the shit out of me over the years.
Ironically Henrys record against us was quite mediocre. Only scored one at Old Trafford in a 6-1 loss. Think he only scored five in total (two were given to him by Barthez LITERALLY) Clearest case of match fixing I've ever seen.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wouldn't want to give Spurs £120m+ which they could use for a rebuild.
I don't know what he's worth with regards to his age, injury record and the present economic situation. But whether it's 90m or 120m, or whatever else, I wouldn't be too worried about Spurs using that to become some sort of great team. If and when Kane leaves, the pull they have will immediately be diminished, and key to any rebuild will be a progressive manager, whom they presently do not have and I don't believe Nagelsmann would reject Real in the past to opt for Spurs now.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ye're gas men. Of course we'd give them 120 million for him. He'd utterly transform us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Kane would likely be responsible for our first league title in nearly a decade if he joined us.

abailey123

It would have the van persie affect on our squad. That’s the only way of analysing it

Woodzy

RVP is interesting though. One great season, then two poor ones and a nominal transfer fee. Clearly it was worth it for that one title, but it’s arguable how successful a transfer he was.
I don't think we can judge RVP on his time here post-SAF. Lets not forget we had a handful of players that were never the same again after he retired, including one of the best CB partnerships in football.

Traub

I'm sure he is very settled and happy in London, and is earning a very decent salary. I doubt he'd want to rock that comfortable boat right now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ironically Henrys record against us was quite mediocre. Only scored one at Old Trafford in a 6-1 loss. Think he only scored five in total (two were given to him by Barthez LITERALLY) Clearest case of match fixing I've ever seen.
I remember 7

THE goal v Barthez
1 in the 6-1 like you said
2 v Barthez like you said
1 v Barthez in the 2-2 title game when he was a mile offside
1 v Roy Carroll
1 v VDS first trip to the Emirates

Ludens the Red

I remember 7

THE goal v Barthez
1 in the 6-1 like you said
2 v Barthez like you said
1 v Barthez in the 2-2 title game when he was a mile offside
1 v Roy Carroll
1 v VDS first trip to the Emirates
Ah i forgot two of those.

I forgot that fecking offside goal :mad: nearly cost us the league. Forgot the Carroll one too.

I think he may have scored in a community shield too.

dal

I think considering his age £85 million would be a nice sum to get him at.

Would give you 5 good years and we have mason waiting in the wings.

———————Kane——————-
Rashford—Bruno——Grealish

Cavani, Diallo, Greenwood, Pellistri.

Martial and Pogba sold

League won.

red thru&thru

Personally I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, spends half the season injured
On average, over the past 6 seasons, he has played 32 games. Has already played 29 this season.

His injuries seem a myth. It's just highlighted more as he's so important for Spurs, that whenever he isn't playing, it is noticeable!

cyberman

On average, over the past 6 seasons, he has played 32 games. Has already played 29 this season.

His injuries seem a myth. It's just highlighted more as he's so important for Spurs, that whenever he isn't playing, it is noticeable!
But he also comes back far too early from injuries as well so these numbers are inflated from what they are supposed to be. Theres a shit ton of half fit, shouldn't play games that really should be added to his injury stat

red thru&thru

But he also comes back far too early from injuries as well so these numbers are inflated from what they are supposed to be. Theres a shit ton of half fit, shouldn't play games that really should be added to his injury stat
We could say the same about many players, look at Rashford!

dinostar77

The key to whether Kane is gonna leave is going to be spurs scouting and transfer activity from here on in and what we hear about it from journalists etc. I don't think Kane can wait till the euros to say i want to leave. Levy could justifiably say you should have told us sooner, we haven't got time to find a replacement etc. So if he wants to go Spurs will ramp up their search for a CF.

Nowadays if a player wants to leave and the buying club is willing to pay, there isnt much the selling club can do. Keeping a player against his will is bad PR and would make other potential signings think twice about joining your club. Also once a player hands in an official transfer request theres a limit to how much the selling club can ask for. Its why Real Madrid like their big targets to hand in official transfer requests so they dont have to pay the complete full whack for the player (in theory).

Ideally the muppet in me wants Kane at Utd. Though the brain says City is the logical move. He'll have more chances created for him at City. Pep will help improve him (if thats possible) and they are destined to win their first CL sooner or later.

I dont think personally he will move abroad apparently he's a lad who likes his home comforts and isnt too fussed about going abroad. Plus Madrid's big fish is Mbappe and Barcelona's is haaland.

Gonna be an interesting summer.

cyberman

We could say the same about many players, look at Rashford!
But thats like foot injuries that are annoying but can see out a season. Kane has bad injuries that he rushes back from so he can try to get the golden boot. Hes playing when he had no right to play. How he was allowed to play the CL final i have no idea. The man was crippled while running about the Ajax arena a few weeks prior!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The post-match on Sky was too much of a tease. I remember thinking Lewandowski was getting past it a few years ago. He’s since found another level and is the best player in the world. I’d go for Kane. I don’t think Haaland is gettable.

red thru&thru

But thats like foot injuries that are annoying but can see out a season. Kane has bad injuries that he rushes back from so he can try to get the golden boot. Hes playing when he had no right to play. How he was allowed to play the CL final i have no idea. The man was crippled while running about the Ajax arena a few weeks prior!
That probably is the case. But still, 32 appearances per season is really good...injuries or not. If it was like 20, then I'd be concerned.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Cavani was better than him today. Not saying he’s the better player but he was free. One more year of Cavani while Kanes contract runs down might not be the worst outcome if City don’t move for him or he wont hand in a transfer request. Levy will want the sun moon and stars for Kane this summer. I think Sancho would be a better signing if Cavani stays. Look at the difference Pogba made drifting out on the wing today with creativity and passing combinations. We need that in every game, a few early crosses too.

red thru&thru

Cavani was better than him today. Not saying he’s the better player but he was free. One more year of Cavani while Kanes contract runs down might not be the worst outcome if City don’t move for him or he wont hand in a transfer request. Levy will want the sun moon and stars for Kane this summer. I think Sancho would be a better signing if Cavani stays. Look at the difference Pogba made drifting out on the wing today with creativity and passing combinations. We need that in every game, a few early crosses too.
The Pogba Sancho comments are very true also.

markhughes

He is obviously very good and would improve us, I wonder about his mentality though, doesn’t seem to have that drive to win trophies that you need at the top level.

red thru&thru

This.

They are hurt and in need of rebuilding the squad. This is not the start of the Spurs rebuilding project, they've just been trying to patch it up.

It's time to actually take it apart and start with something new. The money generated from selling Kane will give them a good platform to do so and to get players in to help them get top 4 again.
Especially if they allow Mourinho to be the one to spend the money, then I think it will be spent badly.

hubbuh

The post-match on Sky was too much of a tease. I remember thinking Lewandowski was getting past it a few years ago. He’s since found another level and is the best player in the world. I’d go for Kane. I don’t think Haaland is gettable.
Is Kane? He'd have to kick up a stink to force Levy's hand.

SinNombre

Imagine Jose's rage if he ended up with Martial again :lol:
Jose would likely get sacked and replaced by someone who would prefer Martial.

I think something like 70m + Martial is probably the max United could afford to go in this summer.

Levy won't sell at that because Spurs fans will riot.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Imagine Jose's rage if he ended up with Martial again :lol:
Very optimistic of you to assume that Jose will still be their manager come summer.

But then very optimistic of me to assume that Martial will want to move to a lesser club where he will at best be paid half of what he is right now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Is Kane? He'd have to kick up a stink to force Levy's hand.
I don’t get the sense Haaland is particularly interested in United, nor will be advised to join us. I also don’t think United would be willing to offer the personal terms required.

Spurs are going to need some serious cash to develop a side in Mourinho’s or a new manager’s image. Who else would command such a fee? Son maybe?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I don’t get the sense Haaland is particularly interested in United, nor will be advised to join us. I also don’t think United would be willing to offer the personal terms required.

Spurs are going to need some serious cash to develop a side in Mourinho’s or a new manager’s image. Who else would command such a fee? Son maybe?
Son won't be worth as much now that he has only one eye left.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
if we genuinely have the money for either, then it’s a win-win really. I’d probably go for Haaland just purely for the speed + youth on his side, but Kane is absolutely on fire right now. if we can have 4-5 years of that level we’d be laughing. it’s a risk though.

Pat Evra

If there's a chance to get him, we should really go all in, no any doubt for me. If he goes to City, that would be really awful and would make even bigger difference for them in the coming seasons (in terms of quality), so I hope he'll at least stay at Tottenham if we don't get him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rashford left, Kane up top, Greenwood right :drool: