Harry Kane MBE | Performances

RedDevil@84

The level of abuse that Kane has gotten in the recent months is unprecedented in recent history, because it came from all directions. It wasn't just from your average fan, but it included fellow professionals, the PFA, and the FA Cup. I have not seen this sort of toxic behavior towards a nations best player before a big tournament ever. It is literally setting up the player for failure by having unnecessary commotion and unwanted attention around him and with absolutely no support from the FA. This behavior is way past banter and has become a full on bullying campaign, that is completely uncalled for.
Yes, he should retire from English football in protest

Javi

He probably thought he‘ll be praised for being goal-hungry like a proper center forward. What a doofy. :lol:

Kapardin

To be honest, I think the Liverpool team purposely continued the banter to unsettle Kane further due to his rivalry with Salah. But regardless, him taking this nonsense seriously is bloody hilarious.

stevoc

I'll take the much superior player, thanks, regardless of whether or not he's a 'soft piece of clay'.
He is better currently don't know about much better though. But then to be fair we are both biased me being a United fan and you being a Spurs fan.

stevoc

The level of abuse that Kane has gotten in the recent months is unprecedented in recent history, because it came from all directions. It wasn't just from your average fan, but it included fellow professionals, the PFA, and the FA Cup. I have not seen this sort of toxic behavior towards a nations best player before a big tournament ever. It is literally setting up the player for failure by having unnecessary commotion and unwanted attention around him and with absolutely no support from the FA. This behavior is way past banter and has become a full on bullying campaign, that is completely uncalled for.
:lol:

Minimalist

One thing I keep thinking about is surely Smalling is somewhat offended by Kane's moaning over the tweet? Like as if he's some sort of pub defender that couldn't possibly shackle him in a one-off occassion?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He was labelled as 'national treasure' ffs

Parry Gallister

Harry would probably need a new planet.

Came here to post this, damn you. But yeah, silly of something affiliated with the FA to do it in the first place, but Kane has dropped a bollock handling this, don't have any sympathy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
One thing I keep thinking about is surely Smalling is somewhat offended by Kane's moaning over the tweet? Like as if he's some sort of pub defender that couldn't possibly shackle him in a one-off occassion?
I'm sure Smalling is laughing along with the rest of us.

Velvet Revolver

Good for him! way to break the stereotype!

In another note a quick google search got me three different headlines for the same news with three different clubs! lol Everyone wants to join the bandwagon

ash_86

The press seems to get to this head quite easily. He'd be very bad fit for any Top teams. I don't think he can handle the pressure

AKDevil

I can see why Kane would be annoyed tbh. Pros will be proud people and all the abuse he has got he’s probably taken as a sign he’s not respected if people queuing up to have a pop at him from all angles. Plus, he’s England’s best player and hope of doing anything at WC. He probably thinks ‘wtf? And you lot want me to score goals for you? Ungrateful p****s.”

RedCurry

We're still talking about a silly tweet that implied Harry Kane was in Smalling's pocket? C'mon ffs..

RedDevil@84

I can see why Kane would be annoyed tbh
He has every right to be annoyed. FA tweeting such a thing was childish. They are not troll football ffs.
FA apologizing to Spurs and Utd over it was also much needed.

But Kane, Poch and all talking as if he had some personal loss which he needed to overcome is way ott.

montpelier

Looking at the adviser angle again - this is all still getting his name out there.

As Oscar Wilde said ''it's that berk Alli what is the proper weapon'' "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

ti vu

He's probably right about the mentality issue in English football but wrong about where it lies. Most football-crazy nations have sections of the media and fanbase that criticise their teams like crazy. Just look at the Brazilian media for the last 15 years!

It's the ignorance of English players that leads to such a ridiculous lack of perspective. If they had a better understanding of the pressure other teams have to deal with they'd be much less likely to fall apart when it's crunch time. There's a serious victim mentality that arises every now and then. This particular episode should make people worried about the time when Kane inevitably becomes the captain.
Kane said he asked Poch for real life experience. Poch was not top player and spent majority of his playing time in less pressure environment. Kane said Poch told him in other countries it's not like this... So make one wonder. :smirk:

Last edited:

The Firestarter

:lol::lol::lol: The gift that keeps on giving. Keep em comin' Arry. I feel that he will get absolutely ravaged by the media after the WC.

AKDevil

He has every right to be annoyed. FA tweeting such a thing was childish. They are not troll football ffs.
FA apologizing to Spurs and Utd over it was also much needed.

But Kane, Poch and all talking as if he had some personal loss which he needed to overcome is way ott.
Tbf to Kane and Pochettino, they've both spoken the first time after incidents. Kane spoke after Watford game on Monday, first time he's been able to have a right of reply since FA tweet and PFA incident as he wouldn't have known about tweet after game. Likewise Pochettino spoke to defend him after Stoke fuss and then FA tweet.

Swift Football

We're still talking about a silly tweet that implied Harry Kane was in Smalling's pocket? C'mon ffs..
Too much overreaction here on the cafe. The thread is already some 100 pages for this silly topic. Close the thread already.

beedoubleyou

Wow. Look at the way Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo and Gerrard were treated by fans. Just wow. Kane has enjoyed media darling status his entire career and was universally liked until he lied about that goal, using his position to manipulate the situation and wrongly claiming it from the FA. Even then I think he nothing to worry about, but his reaction to the banter he's "endured" and that tweet from the FA is crazy. A master of his own destruction. I really liked him, now I just think he's a total prick. So weak. 100% Spurs this kid, innit?

I bet he's in a right fluffery buffery.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Wow. Look at the way Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo and Gerrard were treated by fans. Just wow. Kane has enjoyed media darling status his entire career and was universally liked until he lied about that goal, using his position to manipulate the situation and wrongly claiming it from the FA. Even then I think he nothing to worry about, but his reaction to the banter he's "endured" and that tweet from the FA is crazy. A master of his own destruction. I really liked him, now I just think he's a total prick. So weak. 100% Spurs this kid, innit?

I bet he's in a right fluffery buffery.
"A master of his own destruction" ... lol.

The only thing he's destroyed is opposition defences - to tune of 132 goals (and counting) over the last 4 seasons.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Harry Kane is a snowflake. Imagine defending him for these things.

beedoubleyou

"A master of his own destruction" ... lol.

The only thing he's destroyed is opposition defences - to tune of 132 goals (and counting) over the last 4 seasons.
I meant of his reputation, for which he is now bitching about. But if you insist... his goal scoring record is a wonderful achievement. How many medals does he have? Do you think it's time for him to move to a big club?

Water Melon

First he swears on his daughter's name which turns out to be a lie, now he discusses a tweet with the gaffer. Instead of showing some compassion you are all laughing at him now. Instead you should all run to your parents and other halves and seek for their support as you get tons of abuse on this forum. That is what makes you mentally strong.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I meant of his reputation, for which he is now bitching about. ...
His reputation stands on his awesome goals tally and accompanying all-round game.

It strikes me that you are one who is bitching.

Wishbone Ash

He is better currently don't know about much better though. But then to be fair we are both biased me being a United fan and you being a Spurs fan.
I'm not a Spud as it goes, just think it's a wee bit cringey to still try and construct the argument for Lukaku being the better player than Kane, when that's evidently not the case, demonstrably not the case for a while now, really. The fact that the last guy was having to plummet to the depths of saying that Lukaku's ability to take criticism and banter better than Kane makes him a better player is symptomatic of how desperately cringey it's getting.

stevoc

I'm not a Spud as it goes, just think it's a wee bit cringey to still try and construct the argument for Lukaku being the better player than Kane, when that's evidently not the case, demonstrably not the case for a while now, really. The fact that the last guy was having to plummet to the depths of saying that Lukaku's ability to take criticism and banter better than Kane makes him a better player is symptomatic of how desperately cringey it's getting.
Who said he was?

I said Kane is the better player currently, i just don't think theres a huge gap between them. With better service Lukaku would have similar numbers to Kane or at least be a lot closer.

Also not a Spurs fan, ok.

CA_vampire

Harry, cry me a river!

:lol: