Harry Kane MBE | Performances

dbs235

Obviously Ronaldo is better but I'd say it's close between Kane and Lewondowski now. Both class.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Brilliant player. The only stick neutrals want to beat him with is being greedy with taking credit for goals. Big meh, the man has 41 goals this season and is comfortably the best 9 in the world.
He's a great striker, but it also appears he's incredibly soft and can't take a bit of joshing around without having a little cry about it. For a professional footballer, that's pretty embarrassing. Hell, for an amateur footballer it would be embarrassing.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
20+ Goals in PL era:
5 seasons in a row - Thierry Henry..................(1/2-5/6)
4 seasons in a row - Alan Shearer...................(93/94-96/97)
4 seasons in a row - Harry Kane......................(14/15-17/18)

Only 4 players have managed to score 20+ goals in 4 seasons total in the PL era:

Alan Shearer (7 seasons)
Thierry Henry (5 seasons)
Ruud van Nistelrooy, Harry Kane (4 seasons)

Question is can Kane make it 5 seasons in a row and equal Henrys record? That'd be some accomplishment given he's still not even reached his peak yet.

James Peril

Spurs have dropped down the table, scored ten less goals, let in ten more goals at the back, no trophy to be seen.... what exactly are his ambitions? He will stay one more season for sure, but how much more can he sacrifice to a lesser club that’s never going to win the Premier League whilst he’s still active?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs have dropped down the table, scored ten less goals, let in ten more goals at the back, no trophy to be seen.... what exactly are his ambitions? He will stay one more season for sure, but how much more can he sacrifice to a lesser club that’s never going to win the Premier League whilst he’s still active?
Lol weren’t even expected to get top 4 by alot of fans and pundits considering we were playing at Wembley. I’d say if we had is still been at WHL we could well have been fighting it out with you for second, as it is the 3rd best team in the land is fine by me. He’s a Spurs man he will stay until he is 27/28 and then if we haven’t stepped up another level he will go. I mean we finished 4 points behind you it was hardly a massive gap. We have continued to grow in stature season after season, yes I am disappointed with no silverware but we are going in the right direction. Who knows once ENIC have the stadium done, with the NFL franshise deal done I expect they will be looking for a buyer... who knows what that could bring, not that I necessarily agree with it.

Raru9

He made a new personal record: 30 goals of PL (Last season was 29).

One of the most dangerous striker of thw world atm.

And... kind you think about it... English strikers are getting a lot of goals (Harry 30, Jaime Vardy 20, Sterling 18). WC is near.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
28 goals this season in the PL, only a goal away of his 29 goals last season, even with the month out by injury.

Only the excellent year of Salah avoid a third PL Golden Shoe to Harry, not happen since Shearer and Henry.
Silly comment. You could say that only the excellence of Henry stopped Shearer winning more. There will always be a stand out performer that crops up. Kevin Phillips beat Shearer to the title too.

Shearers golden boot record was nuts: 5th/2/1/1/1/-/7/2/-/2/6/2

Henry's run of 4 Golden Boots out of 5 was pretty special too. Kane has got to be in with a shout of beating that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Although you could argue that at least in the last couple years, Spurs seemed hell bend on getting him as top scorer. He's racking up lots of goals in dead end games, by Spurs going gung ho in games that don't matters. It happened last year, and this year also.

Compared that to Henry which his team were challenging in CL, the League and maybe one or two cups. He and teammates had to be more preserved in spending energy in games till the last ones.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Ronaldo plays as a number 9 now, so no Kane is not. Lewandowski is also better.
Over the course of his career Lewandowski is better, no one is going to debate that, Kane is only just coming into his peak years. If you are looking at just this season and maybe last it has been pretty equal with maybe Kane edging it tbf. He is certainly in some illustrious company stats wise, he is being mentioned alongside greats like Shearer, RVN, and Henry. Aguero has also done 4 seasons 20+ goals in a row, five over the course of his career and deserves to be mentioned in the same company. I guess you could argue he is in a team walking the league with City and Kane doesnt have the same calibre of supporting cast. Still an amazing feat.

You look back on some of the strikers considered legends such as Drogba, he only had two seasons with 20+ goals, Rooney, two seasons with 20+ goals, Torres, one season 20+ goals. Aguero and Kane have to be in their class.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I think if nothing else, some of his daft actions at the tail end of the season suggest that he's more like Shearer than he is van Persie.

He is absolutely obsessed with scoring goals. I've never heard him speak about winning the Champions League or league title beyond the generic "We need to improve and I think we're good and insert a soundbite here to suggest I'm loyal passionate and I think we can do better next year"

Lewandowski at Dortmund, Suarez at Pool, Bale at Spurs and (sadly) Ronaldo at United all spoke of wanting to win everything. Not just 'Do better next year'.

I think Kane could play for a team that wins a Champions League but it does seem as though he values Goals above all else. He's an odd duck.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Although you could argue that at least in the last couple years, Spurs seemed hell bend on getting him as top scorer. He's racking up lots of goals in dead end games, by Spurs going gung ho in games that don't matters. It happened last year, and this year also.

Compared that to Henry which his team were challenging in CL, the League and maybe one or two cups. He and teammates had to be more preserved in spending energy in games till the last ones.
I hope this is not gonna be the new argument to belittle Kane with (yeah sure he got 30 goals, but his teammates try harder).

vangagal

He made a new personal record: 30 goals of PL (Last season was 29).

One of the most dangerous striker of thw world atm.

And... kind you think about it... English strikers are getting a lot of goals (Harry 30, Jaime Vardy 20, Sterling 18). WC is near.
Like England will roaring at WC. They will have an epic failure like usual.

M113FF

Supports
City
20+ Goals in PL era:
5 seasons in a row - Thierry Henry..................(1/2-5/6)
4 seasons in a row - Alan Shearer...................(93/94-96/97)
4 seasons in a row - Harry Kane......................(14/15-17/18)

Only 4 players have managed to score 20+ goals in 4 seasons total in the PL era:

Alan Shearer (7 seasons)
Thierry Henry (5 seasons)
Ruud van Nistelrooy, Harry Kane (4 seasons)

Question is can Kane make it 5 seasons in a row and equal Henrys record? That'd be some accomplishment given he's still not even reached his peak yet.
Aguero has been missed out from that list. He has scored 20+ goals in 5 PL seasons. Also, like Kane, he has done it in the last 4 consecutive seasons.

Rockets Redglare

Great player and I never had an issue with him but this season he’s shown just how detestable he can be.
So bitter about Salah now as well.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
It's strange how many great goalscorers there's been over the years who've never really reaped the benefits of their efforts by way of winning copious amounts of league titles. Harry Kane has been remarkably consistent in scoring 20 plus PL goals over the past few years but still hasn't got his hands on a winners medal. Mo Salah has broken the record for most goals scored in a 38 game season, yet Liverpool were never even in the title race at any point during the season. Despite all the goals RVN scored for United they only won one league title in the 5 years he was at the club. If I'm not mistaken that was the most barren period of Ferguson's reign during the Premier League era. Of course there's many examples of great goalscorers winning lots of silverware with their respective clubs, but it's not always the case that having a top class striker in the team guarantees success.

GSevensM

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great player and I never had an issue with him but this season he’s shown just how detestable he can be.
So bitter about Salah now as well.
Do you have some evidence to back that up? From Kane - "Mo has done great this year, he deserves it, he deserves the Golden Boot. I am looking forward to the competition again next season."

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has apparently agreed a £15m a year deal.
Spurs haven't just broken their wage structure, they have torpedoed it.

cyberman

Why do Spurs players sign such long deals?

Edit 90m sounds a lot better than 200k a week

Trizy

Why do Spurs players sign such long deals?

Edit 90m sounds a lot better than 200k a week
£90m/6yrs/52wks = £288k a week.

Edit: Just read the article and it mentions £200k/week but £15m/year. £15m/52wks = £288k/week :houllier:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fair fecking play to Spurs. Acting like an ambitious club right now. Apart from that obvious person, I don't think they are a unlikable club at all.

Raw

Kane could very easily go to another club and win loads of trophies, but fair play to him for sticking with Spurs. I respect that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Kane could very easily go to another club and win loads of trophies, but fair play to him for sticking with Spurs. I respect that.
Well, bear in mind that it's only at Spurs that he has a chance to claim Eriksen's wage.

Nadger

Supports
Spurs
There you go. It says 200k in the Mirror article and I just assumed it was correct.
That sounds a lot more news worthy
It’s reportedly £200k per week (ie ~10m/year), which could rise to 15m/yr with bonuses