Harry Kane MBE | Performances

RedDevil@84

Contract doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. If Spurs don't win anything for another two seasons and/or miss out on CL football, there is every possibility someone like Pochettino will be agitating for a move.
Poch going doesn't necessarily mean Kane going. Kane seems committed to Spurs which is a rarity in current times. Good for him.
It also ensures that Levy gets truck loads of money if Kane ever leaves.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Spurs showing ambition to pay Kane the huge sum of money he desires but I don't know what Harry Kane seems himself acheiving at Spurs in the near future with City, United and even Liverpool improving. Most he can really hope for is a cup win here and there, don't think they have it in them to win the EPL or UCL even with Kane.

The Bloody-Nine

Fair play to him. Just don't go agitating for a move in a couple of years if things don't go well. You've made your bed.

Mindhunter

Ambition is not everything. If he loves Spurs, and is enjoying his life, there is no reason to uproot his comfortable life just to prove something to people who have no business question his decisions in life. We make such choices regularly in life, while making trade-offs. I personally have rejected a job offer that would have paid me much more just because I didn't want to live in a particular city.

Fair play to him if this is what he wants. In fact I respect the fact that he has the strength to sacrifice an elite career for a happier one.

Grib

So he's not just claiming his team mates goals but their cut of the wage budget too

James Peril

Kane could very easily go to another club and win loads of trophies, but fair play to him for sticking with Spurs. I respect that.
Fair play indeed, although it does show a huge lack of ambition here. We have to remember he is settled in London with his girlfriend - which are big factors to a player. However, and this is a big one, you only have one career. He has already wasted half of it at a second rate club that has become better, should he risk the rest of it on pure hope? The competition in England is huge, Tottenham will never be the one grabbing the attention.

Spurs really, really need a trophy next year. Kane’s parents probably weren’t born the last time Spurs won the league.

SirAF

Ageist
Not a huge surprise - the interesting thing is if the wage structure will remain intact or if they’ll pay up to keep Eriksen et al too.

RedDevil@84

How does Levy do it? What must he be telling them? :lol::lol:

Best businessman in the league by a distance.
He is not a player wanting out. There is nothing to convince there. You don't need much brains to keep a player who doesn't want to leave.

Kane obviously has no dreams of playing for Real or Barca like what CR7 or Bale have

Shark

@NotShark
After his antics on Twitter, which really showcased his low intelligence, this doesn't surprise me at all.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
£90m/6yrs/52wks = £288k a week.

Edit: Just read the article and it mentions £200k/week but £15m/year. £15m/52wks = £288k/week :houllier:
The basic pay is £200k per week. Any additions on top are potential bonuses that must be earnt.

RedDevil@84

And appeal for goals on your behalf and send you a manager who will give you hugs when you feel hurt by the cruel cruel world out there

Kapardin

He is not a player wanting out. There is nothing to convince there. You don't need much brains to keep a player who doesn't want to leave.

Kane obviously has no dreams of playing for Real or Barca like what CR7 or Bale have
Maybe not Spain, but he really doesn't think about other options in England? Could possibly be Aguero's final season coming up, and City will look for a striker after that. No guarantees that Jesus becomes an undisputed starter.

Even Chelsea assuming they get their act together. At a stretch of course, if he doesn't mind burning bridges with Spurs fans.

Wish all top class players of ours were this dumb. Or loyal, dunno which.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Gotta hand it to Spurs and Levy especially. Convincing Poch to overlook the opportunity of a lifetime in managing Madrid and now tying up the clubs most valuable asset (Harry Kane) to a long-term deal, significantly increasing the players weekly salary in the process.

I'd imagine Eriksen will be next to extend and Alli shortly after. Spurs mean business this season (and they will still end up trophyless!)

Not all that uncommon for players to sign big new contracts just to delay moving by a year or two and guarantee their club isn't bent over when it comes time to sell.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The basic pay is £200k per week. Any additions on top are potential bonuses that must be earnt.
Woody and United would pay him twice that amount, in addition to a multitude of addons plus a fat signing on bonus to boot.

The dark side is where it's at, young Harold. Come hither!

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Woody and United would pay him twice that amount, in addition to a multitude of addons plus a fat signing on bonus to boot.

The dark side is where it's at, young Harold. Come hither!
Bit late for that.

A 6 year contract might even mean that the endless Caftard "Kane will be gone soon" narrative goes quiet for a week or two.

finneh

Was quite inevitable in truth. Given Kane's rhetoric he was always going to give Spurs every opportunity to fulfill his ambitions and at 24 he has plenty of time to leave on good terms in a few years if they still aren't competing or their debt is causing them to regress. At this stage the fans would be absolutely furious with him, but give it another 2-3 years without a trophy and the majority of rational fans would thank him for his service and wish him well.

The only question is how many of their other senior players will be looking for a significant upgrade after reading about this. The agents of Lloris, Erikson, Alli, Alderweireld etc will certainly be watching intently.

RedDevil@84

Convincing Poch to overlook the opportunity of a lifetime in managing Madrid
Hindsight??
Zidane was not expected to get fired or quit on his own while his team was already favorites to win CL finals for the 3rd consecutive time

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Was quite inevitable in truth. Given Kane's rhetoric he was always going to give Spurs every opportunity to fulfill his ambitions and at 24 he has plenty of time to leave on good terms in a few years if they still aren't competing or their debt is causing them to regress. At this stage the fans would be absolutely furious with him, but give it another 2-3 years without a trophy and the majority of rational fans would thank him for his service and wish him well.
If Harry wanted to leave this season to say City or Madrid, I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all as long as he didn’t continue with his “I love Tottenham” stance. If he genuinely wanted to leave to win the big honours he has gave enough to us for me to not be bitter.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Hindsight??
Zidane was not expected to get fired or quit on his own while his team was already favorites to win CL finals for the 3rd consecutive time
The relationship between Perez and Zidane was pretty sour if stories are to be believed regarding the Ronaldo/Bale/De Gea issues. Having said that I don’t think Perez expected him to resign.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Ambition is not everything. If he loves Spurs, and is enjoying his life, there is no reason to uproot his comfortable life just to prove something to people who have no business question his decisions in life. We make such choices regularly in life, while making trade-offs. I personally have rejected a job offer that would have paid me much more just because I didn't want to live in a particular city.

Fair play to him if this is what he wants. In fact I respect the fact that he has the strength to sacrifice an elite career for a happier one.
This. I am a software engineer at a company I love. I wouldn't move to San Francisco to work for Facebook just because they are Facebook.

finneh

If Harry wanted to leave this season to say City or Madrid, I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all as long as he didn’t continue with his “I love Tottenham” stance. If he genuinely wanted to leave to win the big honours he has gave enough to us for me to not be bitter.
I think you'd be in the minority though. I'd say most fans would think he should definitely have stayed for the move into the new stadium, particularly as I know a lot of Spurs fans believe their spending will be significantly relaxed now (and therefore he would have the chance to win big honours with yourselves).

Another two or three years and only the most illogical Spurs fans wouldn't wish him well. As you imply they'd also probably still believe he loved Spurs, but was forced into leaving due to a difference in ambitions.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think you'd be in the minority though. I'd say most fans would think he should definitely have stayed for the move into the new stadium, particularly as I know a lot of Spurs fans believe their spending will be significantly relaxed now (and therefore he would have the chance to win big honours with yourselves).

Another two or three years and only the most illogical Spurs fans wouldn't wish him well. As you imply they'd also probably still believe he loved Spurs, but was forced into leaving due to a difference in ambitions.
I’m glad he’s staying and of course he would want to play in the first year at the new stadium but he has gave us a lot. I am in no way saying I want him to go, more I would understand why he wouldn’t want to, I can’t see anyone other than City winning the league for at least the next 2 years

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

The only question is how many of their other senior players will be looking for a significant upgrade after reading about this. The agents of Lloris, Erikson, Alli, Alderweireld etc will certainly be watching intently.
It's all taken care of … so you don't need to worry.

Gotta hand it to Spurs and Levy especially. Convincing Poch to overlook the opportunity of a lifetime in managing Madrid and now tying up the clubs most valuable asset (Harry Kane) to a long-term deal, significantly increasing the players weekly salary in the process.

I'd imagine Eriksen will be next to extend and Alli shortly after. Spurs mean business this season (and they will still end up trophyless!)
If they have a lick of sense they will wait until after the WC, especially Eriksen.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hindsight??
Not nessecarily. I mean even with the recently signed contract in mind, the lure of managing in Madrid must have been extremely tempting all things considered. Levy clearly convinced him to stay put.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Fair play to him for signing, although it looks like they've smashed their wage budget.
I'm interested to see who they actually bring in though. Eriksen, Alli, Vertonghen, Son and Lloris will be first knocking on the doors. Wage increases will stab away at any budget, so with teams strengthening, I wonder how this will play out for spurs