Harry Kane MBE | Performances

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He'll be 28 before the start of next season.. in his prime.. but no one is paying anything close to 200m for him. 100-120m tops..
Might not be enough to tempt Levy to sell.. but no one is paying more than that... and the 120m is being generous.
Still 3 years left on his deal is the killer for him not to move this summer, if it was just two years then completely different conversation as then valuation starts to significantly drop from that point so he's in a far stronger position to push to leave.

How long does Son have left on his deal?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Reckon he regrets not leaving a few years ago? He's honestly going to be the best player never to win a trophy if he sees out his career at Spurs.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Spurs are done when it comes to even having pretensions towards winning anything or being a big six side if Kane hands his ticket in. Very arrogant club when you consider their complete lack of success to back it up.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He did but that wasn't with Newcastle and he spent his prime at a nothing club who were probably further away than winning things than the current spurs squad.
Nah, Shearer signed for Newcastle in the summer of 1996. Newcastle were 12 points ahead of United in first place in January 1996, and while they were finally overhauled by April, they were still very much title contenders when he joined. And in his first season there they were 2nd again, taking the title race to the penultimate day. After that injuries slowed him and Newcastle up, so it was only really a year of his prime he spent in the north east.

lilcurt

Nah, Shearer signed for Newcastle in the summer of 1996. Newcastle were 12 points ahead of United in first place in January 1996, and while they were finally overhauled by April, they were still very much title contenders when he joined. And in his first season there they were 2nd again, taking the title race to the penultimate day. After that injuries slowed him and Newcastle up, so it was only really a year of his prime he spent in the north east.
Fair enough, I'll concede that one mate.

AgentSmith

Ornstein says he wants to leave but Levy won't talk for less than £120 million.

Will City go for him or Haaland?
You’d have thought any club willing to spend £120 million on Kane would be better off paying an extra £20/30 million to get Haaland.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If he really does want to leave, he'd do himself a big favour to get that ankle sorted out first.

rimzy

I think Kane goes to City this summer.
Kane doesn’t want to join another project (Utd) he wants instant trophies. I think Kane is a proper Pep player, the ultimate professional.
I don’t think Pep would be a fan of Haalands attitude reminds me a bit of Ibra at Barca so not sure Pep fancies him.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Kane doesn’t want to join another project (Utd) he wants instant trophies. I think Kane is a proper Pep player, the ultimate professional.
I don’t think Pep would be a fan of Haalands attitude reminds me a bit of Ibra at Barca so not sure Pep fancies him.
Highly unlikely. He's obsessed with his records, and he's too close to beating Jimmy Greaves. I reckon he'll do at least another season at spurs

No.PlayerClub appearancesTotal goalsDomestic LeagueDomestic CupEuropeGoals per game
1.​
2.​

RashyForPM

Highly unlikely. He's obsessed with his records, and he's too close to beating Jimmy Greaves. I reckon he'll do at least another season at spurs

No.PlayerClub appearancesTotal goalsDomestic LeagueDomestic CupEuropeGoals per game
1.​
2.​
Say he gets 8 goals from now until the end of the season (you have 11 games I think, 10 in the league and the Carabao Cup final). He would then need 44 next season to break that record, which is never ever happening under Mourinho. Even if he gets a goal a game from now, he’ll still need 41.

For me, either he goes this summer or he stays forever to become a real Spurs legend (already is I believe). If he stays two seasons more for example, he’ll be 29. Big chance to win things and become a world football legend passed up.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Say he gets 8 goals from now until the end of the season (you have 11 games I think, 10 in the league and the Carabao Cup final). He would then need 44 next season to break that record, which is never ever happening under Mourinho. Even if he gets a goal a game from now, he’ll still need 41.

For me, either he goes this summer or he stays forever to become a real Spurs legend (already is I believe). If he stays two seasons more for example, he’ll be 29. Big chance to win things and become a world football legend passed up.
Not sure why the bit in bold has been added - he's been a much better player under Mourinho, despite our midfield players being worse. If he does get 8 more goals and no more assists this season, he'll finish with 35 goals and 16 assists across all competitions

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we signed Harry Kane we'd still have the issue of a numpty at right back who can't pass and the worse CM pairing in the top 6. What's the point?

Unless we're moving Pogba to CM again, buying a proper DM to partner him and also somebody who can actually attack on the right hand side then Kane is just an expensive Cavani. Not a lot will change.

Chucking a world class striker into this team won't improve us enough. We will see small improvements for sure but when you have mid table standard players at the back and in CM we won't win the league.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Kane would rather have titles/medals than breaking a goals record at Spurs.

Must be pretty disheartening to see that even clubs who've been underwhelming in recent times ,such as Arsenal and United, have players who've actually got more to show for it interms of titles/medals than he has.

rimzy

1.​
2.​
Is he really that obsessed with breaking Jimmy’s record? He’s stated many times before he wants trophies
Not sure why the bit in bold has been added - he's been a much better player under Mourinho, despite our midfield players being worse. If he does get 8 more goals and no more assists this season, he'll finish with 35 goals and 16 assists across all competitions
The bit in bold has been added because as you said he might score 35 goals this season and would be unlikely to score 40+ in a season.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I think Kane would rather have titles/medals than breaking a goals record at Spurs.

Must be pretty disheartening to see that even clubs who've been underwhelming in recent times ,such as Arsenal and United, have players who've actually got more to show for it interms of titles/medals than he has.
No sure really. For example, Emile Heskey has 4 League Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 UEFA Super Cup, and a Charity Shield winner's trophies. You have to really look it up to recall it. It doesn't get you testimonials or statues.

Everyone knows that Alan Shearer is the leading PL scorer. I think Harry wants to go down in history, and team achievements don't necessarily help with that.

Don't get me wrong, of course he wants to win things, but individual records are clearly his 'thing' that he aims for in his career.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Do you watch "The Kick Off" by any chance? :D

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
For me the question is how long will Kane be at the top of his game ? He is 28 & could be fading by the time he is 32 so will the club who buys him get four seasons or will he drop into mid-field and contribute into his mid 30's.
Any club who pays 120 plus for him would have to believe he would be the missing link to take them to the next level.
Could Man Utd contest the league with Kane onboard.?

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
For me the question is how long will Kane be at the top of his game ? He is 28 & could be fading by the time he is 32 so will the club who buys him get four seasons or will he drop into mid-field and contribute into his mid 30's.
Any club who pays 120 plus for him would have to believe he would be the missing link to take them to the next level.
Could Man Utd contest the league with Kane onboard.?
Kane doesnt rely on his pace, so I dont think he will be in the Bale category, but the question is will his ankles hold up? But I feel if Spurs do not make CL both him and Son are gone, where to is anyone's guess.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

1.​
2.​
He's not beating Greaves's record in a season. He'd have to do two more seasons at least.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon Pep would prefer Kane but City would prefer Haaland. He’s the perfect striker for Pep, a pure 9 who is more than comfortable playing as the false 9.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

1.​
2.​
Given that probably requires him to stay until some time into the 2022/23 season, by the next window he could be almost 30 before he's then able to move on. On that basis I reckon he might be happy to trade that for the extra shots at titles with a club like City. Arguably, there are other records more in his sights such as Shearer's Premier League (260) one as well as his post-Greaves top-flight record (283), neither of which rely on him to stay at Spurs.

cyberman

Given that probably requires him to stay until some time into the 2022/23 season, by the next window he could be almost 30 before he's then able to move on. On that basis I reckon he might be happy to trade that for the extra shots at titles with a club like City. Arguably, there are other records more in his sights such as Shearer's Premier League (260) one as well as his post-Greaves top-flight record (283), neither of which rely on him to stay at Spurs.
Spurs wont sell him to an English side. If he wants Shearers record (i still dont think he'll do it) he has to sacarfice trophies to do it. At least Shearer won a league title in his career

Sylar

The stadium move came at the worst time for Kane and poch. Probably great for levy though

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Didn't Teddy go to united and win almost everything at like 31? Or am I remembering wrong

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t blame him but he’s signed a contract and in the current climate there’s very few clubs who can afford him and will be willing to pay the fee, unfortunately for him he’s made his own bed.
Also I know he doesn’t rely on pace but I’m very concerned about his ankle, I’m fairly certain it’s not going to hold up well and for the investment it’s going to take you’d want to know you’re getting his best years not his downturn.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He will probably stay but that would be more down to his complicated contract situation rather than his desire to stay.
I was thinking he was really jumping the gun with that latest 5 year deal :lol:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
You think he wants to stay?
The point is, why would anyone jump to such a conclusion.

"Harry are you leaving the the summer?"

"I'm concentrating on the games I'm about to play and I'm not stupid enough to answer your leading questions"

There's no sense in answering either way - it's a nothing story.

Giggs' right foot

The point is, why would anyone jump to such a conclusion.

"Harry are you leaving the the summer?"

"I'm concentrating on the games I'm about to play and I'm not stupid enough to answer your leading questions"

There's no sense in answering either way - it's a nothing story.
No, yeah - I agree. But the story aside - do you think he'll stay or go? Always prefer the gut feeling of fans over media speculation.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just putting the feelers out really.

Interesting the Haaland response the other day. Reasonable happy at Dortmund but must play in CL year in year out just like Mbappe, Ronaldo, Messi, Lewa, Aguero....can we spot anyone missing there.

Unless Spurs just outshoot Chelsea in the run in but that just feels a remote prospect really with Chelsea barely conceding a goal currently.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How many CL games has he played until now ? One of the best strikers in the world at his peak , barely getting a look in CL. I rate him on par with Lewa in terms of ability yet he is no where near to him in terms of trophies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How many CL games has he played until now ? One of the best strikers in the world at his peak , barely getting a look in CL. I rate him on par with Lewa in terms of ability yet he is no where near to him in terms of trophies.
24 games only