Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Monkey bus

I can see him at City next season. It’ll take a massive transfer fee though. Think he’s contracted up until 2024.

He’s said publicly he wants to win all the big prizes from a team and individual perspective. No way he’s winning any of those at Spurs.

Would have loved him at United but just can‘t see it unfortunately.

No way he’s staying at Spurs though.

lilcurt

Zola didn't move to Chelsea till he was 30. Before he that he won a Serie A with Napoli and a UEFA Cup with Parma (runners-up in the ECWC too).
Fair enough on Zola, I concede that one. We'll call is my BPL arrogance of only considering the game in the country. Great player who could have been at a better club than Chelsea for that period.

Kane is a great player.

but his age, mobility and injuries would make a massive transfer fee (which it would need to be) a really big risk.

The Purley King

Kane is a great player.

but his age, mobility and injuries would make a massive transfer fee (which it would need to be) a really big risk.
Nobody is paying what levy will demand so the only chance he’ll have to leave is in 2024.
By which time he’ll be 31.
He may still be a decent option then on a free but looking back I think he’ll recognise he’s wasted his club career.
Mourinho has/will set Spurs back 2-3 years. We are only just getting over the worst of his dumbfeckery. By the time Spurs are ever good again (if they ever are) Kane will be too old.

Bwuk

His injury record will put off top sides paying what Spurs would want for him.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Fair enough on Zola, I concede that one. We'll call is my BPL arrogance of only considering the game in the country. Great player who could have been at a better club than Chelsea for that period.
I think so yes. He could have got into just about any team at that point on his career.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Feel kinda bad for him, must regret not moving at his peak.

Irwin99

He could easily break the Spurs record and in my opinion I think he'll stay until he achieves that (could easily break it by next year, couldn't he?). Then he can do an RVP/Teddy and move to a bigger club and win a trophy or two in his later years. I don't think he's the sort of player that will have a rapid decline unless injuries really ruin him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He won league cup, FA cup and cup winners cup all in his two years at Chelsea so way more than what Kane will win at Spurs. Also made Champions league QFs in 2000. Chelsea weren't quite consistent enough to win the league in those times although they were still in the mix late on in 98/99 season IIRC.

432JuanMata

He will never leave. Hes too content at Spurs to be the big fish in a small pond.
I don’t understand why he would stay. I understood over the last few years as Spurs where doing well and building under Poch but now seems the perfect time to leave he is 27, they are really poor at the moment and they don’t play a attacking game which is heavily reliant on him hence his amount of assists.

I get most teams this year can’t afford him but I feel he would start mostly anywhere

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He did but that wasn't with Newcastle and he spent his prime at a nothing club who were probably further away than winning things than the current spurs squad.
Not sure if you were around at the time, but Newcastle played superb football back then, lead the league by ages, and only a late crumble by them, and incredible run of wins from United saw them narrowly miss out on the title in 95-96.

Shearer had a much bigger decision at the time then it looks on paper now.

Join his home team, who play fantastic football, and add his world class peak age play to their first title win, or join the Fergie machine.

It could have worked out a lot differently than it did.

And Newcastle were a hell of a lot closer to winning the Premier league than Spurs have been.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He will never leave. Hes too content at Spurs to be the big fish in a small pond.
In his boat I'd probably stay to be honest.

Main man at a big club, but crucially one with very little pressure. No-one expects them to win anything, because they average about 1 cup every 15 years.
Huge wage, plays every game, family settled.

The fact no-one is paying the fee it'd take only adds to this.

432JuanMata

Not sure if you were around at the time, but Newcastle played superb football back then, lead the league by ages, and only a late crumble by them, and incredible run of wins from United saw them narrowly miss out on the title in 95-96.

Shearer had a much bigger decision at the time then it looks on paper now.

Join his home team, who play fantastic football, and add his world class peak age play to their first title win, or join the Fergie machine.

It could have worked out a lot differently than it did.

And Newcastle were a hell of a lot closer to winning the Premier league than Spurs have been.
People either where too young or simply forget how good Newcastle where at the time. Yes it went downhill fast but they were a big enough club with loads of fans and a huge stadium. It looked for a while they could of become our main challengers for years

432JuanMata

In his boat I'd probably stay to be honest.

Main man at a big club, but crucially one with very little pressure. No-one expects them to win anything, because they average about 1 cup every 15 years.
Huge wage, plays every game, family settled.

The fact no-one is paying the fee it'd take only adds to this.
Sure I’m 100% sure we wouldn’t get him anyway due to the price especially with covid but I’ve never seen a Striker so perfect for a club than Kane and United. We need a proper #9 and true goalscorer, I think he’d be the main man here aswell. Whether we would win the PL while he was here is another yesterday but he would certainly help

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sure I’m 100% sure we wouldn’t get him anyway due to the price especially with covid but I’ve never seen a Striker so perfect for a club than Kane and United. We need a proper #9 and true goalscorer, I think he’d be the main man here aswell. Whether we would win the PL while he was here is another yesterday but he would certainly help
He's had a few spells with very dodgy ankles, which has to be a concern. Even a bit of a fright this season too.

We need to get back to the magic of identifying who has the potential to become a top striker, like with Van Nistelrooy.
Martial was a good try, but it's been a bit 50-50 to be honest.

Mr Smith

He's had a few spells with very dodgy ankles, which has to be a concern. Even a bit of a fright this season too.

We need to get back to the magic of identifying who has the potential to become a top striker, like with Van Nistelrooy.
Martial was a good try, but it's been a bit 50-50 to be honest.
Understatement of the thread :lol:

I do get where you're coming from, but for every Van Nistelrooy you'll get a player like Martial who doesn't quite work out. I'm all for signing potential, but if a player like Kane becomes available, you get him, end of. Exhibit A: Robin Van Persie.

The only reason I wouldn't sign Kane if he was available would be if we could get Haaland instead. There really aren't that many world class strikers at the highest level these days. The last generation had Lewandowski, Higuain, Cavani, Aguero, Benzema, Suarez, Falcao, Aubameyang, and Ibrahimovic (which isn't even to mention Messi and Ronaldo). Outside of Kane, are there any strikers in world football right now in their mid 20's even close to that level?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
After last nights ESPN commentary it seems there are rumours of Kane to City, IMO under Pep he can only get better. If I were Harry I would seriously think about it.

AgentSmith

After last nights ESPN commentary it seems there are rumours of Kane to City, IMO under Pep he can only get better. If I were Harry I would seriously think about it.
What price do you think Levy would genuinely sell at?

Feels like Kane would have to really push to make it happen.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What price do you think Levy would genuinely sell at?

Feels like Kane would have to really push to make it happen.
That's possibly the only issue, with Halland and Mbappe available and younger that could possibly be the only stumbling block. I don't think Levy would honestly stand in Harrys way if he wanted to leave and the valuation is reasonable, in this COVID environment its really hard to put a price on a player..

AgentSmith

That's possibly the only issue, with Halland and Mbappe available and younger that could possibly be the only stumbling block. I don't think Levy would honestly stand in Harrys way if he wanted to leave and the valuation is reasonable, in this COVID environment its really hard to put a price on a player..
Well I hope he stays, for your sake and ours. Unless it somehow increases our ability to get Haaland.

Kane would be an absolute monster under Pep in that current City team - would easily reach Ballon d’Or level numbers.

AgentSmith

I don’t think Kane would say this publicly. Almost no footballer would do that. If he does have that talk with Levy in private, would it really matter so much to Levy?
Yeah that’s why I think it’s the only scenario that makes the actual idea feasible and it doesn’t seem like something Kane would do.

prateik

He'll be 28 before the start of next season.. in his prime.. but no one is paying anything close to 200m for him. 100-120m tops..
Might not be enough to tempt Levy to sell.. but no one is paying more than that... and the 120m is being generous.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout