Harry Kane MBE | Performances

I agree, its fine to sign a long term contract to protect yourself however; we have seen it with other players when they have a clause incase the team finishes below top 4 or something.

6 year contract when you are 26, unless you have no intention of winning trophies is fine.

For all we know, he doesn't want all the trophy hype and would rather be a one club man breaking all records.
that’s exactly what he’s signalled by signing the contract, and why clubs aren’t going to come in for him.

he’s put Spurs in fee too strong of a position to get a move now even if he wants it.

I can’t see Spurs agreeing a fee win anyone his summer, and next year he will be 29. The financial investment for a player of that age would be a big gamble.

romufc

that’s exactly what he’s signalled by signing the contract, and why clubs aren’t going to come in for him.

he’s put Spurs in fee too strong of a position to get a move now even if he wants it.

I can’t see Spurs agreeing a fee win anyone his summer, and next year he will be 29. The financial investment for a player of that age would be a big gamble.
Yep, especially in this climate where there are players who are younger and cheaper.

The problem is, even if he wants to leave or makes a big deal about it, nothing is going to happen. Spurs want £120m but no team would want to spend more than £60m for him really. Its a shame because Kane would be perfect for alot of teams fighting for titles, CL and the like making the difference.

Look at Benzema, Aguero, Lewandowksi for example. Kane is capable of hitting such numbers IMO

Hughes35

If Kane went to City I think he would hit crazy numbers.

If he leaves Spurs , we absolutley must bring him to the Red side of Manchester otherwise City will dominate (even more than they do now).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep, especially in this climate where there are players who are younger and cheaper.

The problem is, even if he wants to leave or makes a big deal about it, nothing is going to happen. Spurs want £120m but no team would want to spend more than £60m for him really. Its a shame because Kane would be perfect for alot of teams fighting for titles, CL and the like making the difference.

Look at Benzema, Aguero, Lewandowksi for example. Kane is capable of hitting such numbers IMO
You wouldn't get him for less than £180 million. He isn't going anywhere soon.

he was never a £180m player.

but that’s her problem, Spurs’ valuation, and the reality.

he would need to force the h as bad of Spurs in any case, but in a post Covid world, he might push close to £100m, but only if a couple of clubs are going head to head for him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
he was never a £180m player.

but that’s her problem, Spurs’ valuation, and the reality.

he would need to force the h as bad of Spurs in any case, but in a post Covid world, he might push close to £100m, but only if a couple of clubs are going head to head for him.
He is easily a £180 million player - mainly due to the lack of real quality strikers in the world.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is easily a £180 million player - mainly due to the lack of real quality strikers in the world.
That's your valuation though. In the covid hit climate, he isn't worth more than 100m.

2nd most expensive player of all time? We know Neymar was an outlier. Even before Covid there’s no way he would go for that.

now, there’s zero chance.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That's your valuation though. In the covid hit climate, he isn't worth more than 100m.
He is worth that sort of money but in covid nobody will be able to afford to pay it. Levy wont let him leave for a penny less in my opinion - covid or no covid.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
2nd most expensive player of all time? We know Neymar was an outlier. Even before Covid there’s no way he would go for that.

now, there’s zero chance.
I'm not saying he would go for it - nor that anybody would pay it - just that is the price Levy would sell at - I don't believe he would consider anything less.

I'm not saying he would go for it - nor that anybody would pay it - just that is the price Levy would sell at - I don't believe he would consider anything less.
then Messi was a £500m player 5 years ago.

there’s lots of players we aren’t transferable.

but we are talking about if Kane makes a play to move, then it’s not 9 figures in my opinion.

Guy Incognito

Can't see City offering more than £100m for Kane. There'd be some incentive packages or maybe a player or two thrown in the deal.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
If Kane went to City I think he would hit crazy numbers.

If he leaves Spurs , we absolutley must bring him to the Red side of Manchester otherwise City will dominate (even more than they do now).
Interesting but controversial bit of something: the argument so far is that he has to "leave to win things". Why would he leave for United? Last time United won a trophy it was under the same manager he's playing under now, with an arguably lesser squad.

I can understand the City argument, but I don't really see any other PL team being an option for him. He's due to play in a cup final next month (last one at United was under Jose, too) and not too long ago played in a CL final (last one at United was 10 years ago). He also wouldn't leave for another London club (Levy wouldn't sell to one either unless it was comically over-priced), and Liverpool aren't looking like they'll sustain their dominance.

Don't get me wrong, United are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have a history that is like Alpha Century compared to a spurs moon, but if the argument is that he has to win trophies now instead of waiting and wasting his time, I think it's highly irrational to suggest that he'd move to this version of Man Utd under the current regime. Not that I see him being the 'profile' for united, who are more likely to go for Haaland (especially for Ole's sake).

I have a feeling his options will be City, one of the spanish if they somehow make super-debt disappear, or PSG if they sell Neymar/Mbappe. I don't see any other club in world football having the finances or status that would be enough of a draw for him.

cyberman

We are a win v Granada away from 5 semi finals in 12 months. Put Harry Kane in our side and we reach the majority of those finals imo, never mind where he would take us in the league. He plays for us v PSG, with the clear chances we missed, and we sail through the group stages.

Interesting but controversial bit of something: the argument so far is that he has to "leave to win things". Why would he leave for United? Last time United won a trophy it was under the same manager he's playing under now, with an arguably lesser squad.

I can understand the City argument, but I don't really see any other PL team being an option for him. He's due to play in a cup final next month (last one at United was under Jose, too) and not too long ago played in a CL final (last one at United was 10 years ago). He also wouldn't leave for another London club (Levy wouldn't sell to one either unless it was comically over-priced), and Liverpool aren't looking like they'll sustain their dominance.

Don't get me wrong, United are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have a history that is like Alpha Century compared to a spurs moon, but if the argument is that he has to win trophies now instead of waiting and wasting his time, I think it's highly irrational to suggest that he'd move to this version of Man Utd under the current regime. Not that I see him being the 'profile' for united, who are more likely to go for Haaland (especially for Ole's sake).

I have a feeling his options will be City, one of the spanish if they somehow make super-debt disappear, or PSG if they sell Neymar/Mbappe. I don't see any other club in world football having the finances or status that would be enough of a draw for him.
clearly United have the ‘status’ that Kane would want. :lol: It’s obviously a step up from Spurs.

in terms of money, it’s only United, City, Chelsea or PSG at the moment.

Hughes35

I agree with you. We should still do absolutely everything we can to stop him going to City though........ If that's possible.

If Kane and Haaland are on the move, we need to get one of them.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
clearly United have the ‘status’ that Kane would want. :lol: It’s obviously a step up from Spurs.

in terms of money, it’s only United, City, Chelsea or PSG at the moment.
I think if Spurs do not make CL he is on the move. Why not RM on that list? Benzema is not getting any younger, if they pick up Kane now at 28 and keep him until he is 33, they get a solid 5 years out of him. In modern football that is easily worth the investment of say 90mil. Could end up back at RM alongside Bale, hear Kane doesn't mind a round or two of golf.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think with covid you simply won't see those kinds of deals.
Agree, with covid the crazy money is gone until those turnstiles start ticking over again. I would have said pre covid at around 26 he may of been close to that in terms of money. Now, I dont think so.

I think if Spurs do not make CL he is on the move. Why not RM on that list? Benzema is not getting any younger, if they pick up Kane now at 28 and keep him until he is 33, they get a solid 5 years out of him. In modern football that is easily worth the investment of say 90mil. Could end up back at RM alongside Bale, hear Kane doesn't mind a round or two of golf.
Real don’t have the money at the moment. Clearly if they can sell a spare training ground then they might find the cash... but it doesn’t appear they have the money. Getting Bale off the books could help, but think they are stuck with him for another 12 months.

romufc

This is why Kane will never be a legend. He will stagnate at Spurs whilst other top strikers go to Real, City and the like and win trophies.

Its a shame to see such a player wasted tbh.

GlasgowCeltic

Would like to see it but it'd be harsh on Benzema who's looked absolutely world class the last 18 months

SwedishFish

Would go for a lot of money and you feel like he'd need to really push for a move for it to actually happen.

It's pretty much now or never for him and if Tottenham yet again fails to make the top 4 then I can see why he'd want to leave, he's given that Spurs side everything he has.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like his contract is till 2024. City looked better without a straight number 9 in the team this season, can't see why they'd be interested at anything like a price Spurs would accept anytime soon.

Could end up at PSG if Mbappe goes, can't see any other realistic destination before his contract expires in 2024. Would be too expensive, if he's a free agent then guess can pick from his choice of clubs.
Tbf, Kane is a bit of a 9.5 these days. 13 assists (most in the league) and 14 ‘big chances created’ (with only the two top dog no.10s ahead of him). Him feeding the likes of City’s attackers over just feeding Son at Spurs would be quite the sight.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is why Kane will never be a legend. He will stagnate at Spurs whilst other top strikers go to Real, City and the like and win trophies.

Its a shame to see such a player wasted tbh.
He will be a Spurs and England legend

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's pretty much now or never for Kane. The problem is that neither are Spurs challenging anytime soon, nor can you with any certainty say that it's a guaranteed success to sign a 28 year old striker in what would be an enormous deal. If City fancy him replacing Aguero it could work out brilliantly for both parties as his more well rounded self seems to fit them well. But on the other hand, I also feel that if Kane had that desperation to win big trophies, he probably would have left Spurs already.

romufc

He will be a Spurs and England legend
He might be top scorer for England but legend, I don't think so.

Spurs legend yeah, but nobody really remembers that.

If he wants to be a footballing legend like what top strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Lewandowski, RVP then he will have to win trophies I'm afraid.

He might be top scorer for England but legend, I don't think so.

Spurs legend yeah, but nobody really remembers that.

If he wants to be a footballing legend like what top strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Lewandowski, RVP then he will have to win trophies I'm afraid.
Rooney, Beckham, Shilton etc are all legends, and they didn’t win a thing with England.

Le Tissier is a Southampton legend.

Shearer didn’t win a great deal and nothing with Newcastle but he’s a PL legend.

trophies Are important, but they aren’t the only thing.

if he ends up being England’s top goal scorer then yet, he can be considered a legend.

however, that’s far from a certainty. Ask Owen and Lineker - who both looked nailed on to do it.

cyberman

Dont think he will beat Rooneys record now. 1 goal since 2019 has slowed him down too much, plus he spends too much time outside of the box.
Rooney really was a beast.

dbs235

Dont think he will beat Rooneys record now. 1 goal since 2019 has slowed him down too much, plus he spends too much time outside of the box.
Rooney really was a beast.
He's got plenty of time to do it.

cyberman

He has to score 21 more goals though and hes soon to be 28. May not see a lot but he has 33 goals now and this style of play obviously has slowed his ratio way down as it is.
Itll be close. I do think these injuries will cost him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Might sound crazy but I'd want us to break the bank for him. Think if we had Kane on our team he would have bailed us out in so many games this seaosn, he'd be capable of an RVP level of impact, coming in at 27 with a few years of his peak left.

I often see fantastic crosses, or decent enough crosses whipped in either side that go wasted from us, and you just know Harry Kane would bury them, and that's aside from his hold up play and capability of scoring screamers after working an inch of space from a defenders.

bsCallout

He has to score 21 more goals though and hes soon to be 28. May not see a lot but he has 33 goals now and this style of play obviously has slowed his ratio way down as it is.
Itll be close. I do think these injuries will cost him.
And with so many attacking talents coming through, he will do well to stay in the side for so long. Rooney was fortunate, as far as scoring goes, to have had little competition.

ROFLUTION

Imagine the balls Rashford, Diallo, Greenwood and Bruno would deliver to his forehead.

Probably not a great investment, but it would make us title contenders. (But City probably just upgrades too)

redshaw

Rooney, Beckham, Shilton etc are all legends, and they didn’t win a thing with England.

Le Tissier is a Southampton legend.

Shearer didn’t win a great deal and nothing with Newcastle but he’s a PL legend.

trophies Are important, but they aren’t the only thing.

if he ends up being England’s top goal scorer then yet, he can be considered a legend.

however, that’s far from a certainty. Ask Owen and Lineker - who both looked nailed on to do it.
Yes I think too much importance is laid on trophies.

Ibra never won the CL, obviously a football legend.

Great players do great things on the pitch. Pavel Nedved a top player, I couldn't tell you his honours off hand, I would've thought a few league titles for sure and a CL. Just had a look and no CL either.