Harry Kane MBE | Performances

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If he looked at Bale as an example don't you think the three Champions Leagues might be a bit more influential than a bit of booing?
It's a bit more than a bit of booking though, it's just the whole mindset there. Can't argue with the silverware Bale has won or the money he gets paid but I'm sure not all players would enjoy their game in that sort of environment, Bale was a Madrid fan and IMO Is a big reason as to why he is still there.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I must be imagining Chelsea winning the league last season then, unless you finished higher than first? In terms of playing quality it's obvious too. The title will end up at either of the Manchester clubs or at Chelsea. I, know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Nah, not at all, you've been wildly successful, what with picking up your last major trophy - the league cup - just ten years ago, not counting the AIA cup in 2015 of course.

You're a naive little bunny if you think Kane cannot force through a move. Or are you telling me if Kane downed tools then Mr Levy, the man who would make a charity donation and expect change, would allow his contact to run down?
The time to start discussing Harry wanting a move is when it looks like there is even a chance he wants one.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The time to start discussing Harry wanting a move is when it looks like there is even a chance he wants one.
And that will come when a bigger team decides to make an offer. It's easy to tell everyone how committed you are to Spurs when there hasnt been an offer. If we or Madrid or someone like bayern declared their interest he'd be looking to move.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
And that will come when a bigger team decides to make an offer. It's easy to tell everyone how committed you are to Spurs when there hasnt been an offer. If we or Madrid or someone like bayern declared their interest he'd be looking to move.
We shall see, if we debated assumptions we could be here all year. As a Spurs fan I know what a player who would move looks like, Berbatov, Bale, Modric all the same When asked about a move "who knows in football" or "I don't know where il be tomorrow" etc etc. There is none of that from Kane, I'm honestly sure that if Madrid came in this summer he wouldn't go, not saying that if we don't progress as a club in the next 3-4 season he won't go but that's well in the future. Do you honestly believe Kane seems like a player to down tools? Seriously.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
So? Liverpool don't have great income compared to the big boys. And Chelsea are backed by a sugar daddy, so can offset significant costs into infrastructure etc, without occurring FFP issues, and thus offer much better wages.
The "big boys" in income terms beyond Liverpool are only 8 in number world-wide ... and the outgoings are much larger than that of Spurs. I expect we'll keep Kane for a good few years yet.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We shall see, if we debated assumptions we could be here all year. As a Spurs fan I know what a player who would move looks like, Berbatov, Bale, Modric all the same When asked about a move "who knows in football" or "I don't know where il be tomorrow" etc etc. There is none of that from Kane, I'm honestly sure that if Madrid came in this summer he wouldn't go, not saying that if we don't progress as a club in the next 3-4 season he won't go but that's well in the future. Do you honestly believe Kane seems like a player to down tools? Seriously.
You are only fooling yourself (and Glaston probably) if you genuinely believe that. Any professional football with ambition toward success wants to play at the highest level imaginable, why would Kane be any different? Same goes for the rest of the Spurs clan for that matter. Fact is if Kane continues to represent himself as a world class striker, he is going to attract attention from the likes of Madrid, PSG, United, City etc.

If Kane wins the golden boot for a third season running (which I believe would be an unprecedented feat?) the offers will come streaming in from all and sundry and Kane will leave for any of the aformentioned clubs so long as they are prepared to meet Levy's valuation and pay him a salary befitting his ability. No if's no but's just plain gone. You can bet your life on it.

Welcome to the age of the mercenary.

Icemav

Only in England could we create a player so boring. And only in England could we get so excited by it.

He does score goals however which is the most important thing for a striker. If that ever slows he has little else to offer the beautiful game.

Dobbs

Only in England could we create a player so boring. And only in England could we get so excited by it.

He does score goals however which is the most important thing for a striker. If that ever slows he has little else to offer the beautiful game.
One of the strangest statements I've read on here.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You are only fooling yourself (and Glaston probably) if you genuinely believe that. Any professional football with ambition toward success wants to play at the highest level imaginable, why would Kane be any different? Same goes for the rest of the Spurs clan for that matter. Fact is if Kane continues to represent himself as a world class striker, he is going to attract attention from the likes of Madrid, PSG, United, City etc.

If Kane wins the golden boot for a third season running (which I believe would be an unprecedented feat?) the offers will come streaming in from all and sundry and Kane will leave for any of the aformentioned clubs so long as they are prepared to meet Levy's valuation and pay him a salary befitting his ability. No if's no but's just plain gone. You can bet your life on it.

How much would you wager? If Madrid are interested in Harry, Harry will already know and be spinning the usual "who knows where I will be next season", the same as every other mercenary like you mention. Like I said he may leave at some point but it won't be this summer. I of course cannot say for most other first team players, but for Levy opening the new stadium and selling our star player would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

That also applies to every United player, since United don't play "at the highest level imaginable": it's laughable how you assume superiority over Spurs in this regard.

As for Kane, there is zero chance of him leaving next summer regardless of any 3rd consecutive Golden Boot. He will want to play for Spurs in our new stadium, doesn't wish to leave and Levy won't in any case entertain any offers for him.

Icemav

One of the strangest statements I've read on here.
Just to clarify. I think he is dull to watch but obviously a very effective and hard working striker. And the English are very conservative.

Dobbs

Just to clarify. I think he is dull to watch but obviously a very effective and hard working striker. And the English are very conservative.
How anyone can see a player like Kane with the form he's in and come up with criticism of him and English football is beyond me.

Needham

I can tell you now that Daniel Levy spends all of his free time thinking about the finer details of Kane's eventual sale.

Robert

A couple of things in life are guaranteed: death and harry kane scoring

All jokes aside, what a player he's become.. what's his ceiling? he comes across so driven to improve, he genuinely seems to have a real passion for playing the game and having fun.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That also applies to every United player, since United don't play "at the highest level imaginable": it's laughable how you assume superiority over Spurs in this regard.

As for Kane, there is zero chance of him leaving next summer regardless of any 3rd consecutive Golden Boot. He will want to play for Spurs in our new stadium, doesn't wish to leave and Levy won't in any case entertain any offers for him.
Harry Kane, world class striker, pride and glory of England and St George himself, will point refuse to leave Spurs next summer because... wait for it... he wants to play in their new stadium. Are you sure about this? Let's weigh up the options.

On the one hand, he has the prospect of playing his football in the history steeped Bernabau stadium, among some of the greatest players of his generation, in one of the most beautiful city's in the world, earning vast sums of money in the process.

On the other hand, he can stay at Spurs whom simply never win anything, earning the proverbial peanuts and being forced to continue the pretense of enjoying Dier and Alli's company.

Which option would you take if you were Kane?

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Can't we wait with all this 'will he leave' stuff until closer to the summer transfer window? It seems to be all people want to speak about all season long.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can't we wait with all this 'will he leave' stuff until closer to the summer transfer window? It seems to be all people want to speak about all season long.
Chance would be a fine thing, some people might even believe that United fans wanted Kane playing at Madrid :D. If Kane was that keen on a move away for money and silverware it's funny that neither Chelsea or United made a public enquiry or bid. I'm choosing to believe what Harry has been saying for 2 years, he won't be leaving in the summer no matter how much some people may want him to. Oh and I'm pretty sure if he does stay at Tottenham for the next few seasons the same people will start question Kane's "ambition".

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Chance would be a fine thing, some people might even believe that United fans wanted Kane playing at Madrid :D. If Kane was that keen on a move away for money and silverware it's funny that neither Chelsea or United made a public enquiry or bid. I'm choosing to believe what Harry has been saying for 2 years, he won't be leaving in the summer no matter how much some people may want him to. Oh and I'm pretty sure if he does stay at Tottenham for the next few seasons the same people will start question Kane's "ambition".
This is a United forum frequented largely by United fans. Does it really surprise you to find one or more of those fans showing an interest in signing him? Kane is one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now, wanting him to play for United rather than Spurs is only natural. Sure fitting him in would be difficult when we already have Lukaku banging in goals left and right, but if anyone could find away to keep the both happy, Jose could.

P.S

I was merely speaking from Kane's perspective when faced with the option of either staying at Spurs or moving to Madrid. Is it even a contest?

AP88

Supports
Man City
Some cringy arrogance on here trying to belittle Spurs; I can only imagine it's born out fact they don't need to spend record fees on Mino Raiola's mercenaries to compete at the top of the table.

I'd have though of all clubs and fan bases, ours could appreciate the coach, squad demographic and general project of this Tottenham side, as it's the closest thing English football has seen to early Ferguson-era United.
Good luck to them.

Kane is genuinely world-class, his capacity to drop deep and link play as well as being such an outrageously regular scorer makes him the best striker in the world at the minute; I accept that the sharks will be circling next summer, but I think he'll give them another few years to fulfill their potential before seeking a new challenge elsewhere.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
This is a United forum frequented largely by United fans. Does it really surprise you to find one or more of those fans showing an interest in signing him? Kane is one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now, wanting him to play for United rather than Spurs is only natural. Sure fitting him in would be difficult when we already have Lukaku banging in goals left and right, but if anyone could find away to keep the both happy, Jose could.

P.S

I was merely speaking from Kane's perspective when faced with the option of either staying at Spurs or moving to Madrid. Is it even a contest?
Well who knows what Kane wants, he has said over and over what he would ideally want but no one seems to listen. Every pundit and fan is trying to sell him here there and anywhere. People saying "he NEEDS" or be paid more". And Harry saying it's not all about money for him, his own happiness is what matters. Then as usual people pipe up "he's just lying to keep Spurs supporters happy". Surely if Jose wanted Kane he would have went for him instead of Lukaku? Maybe he did? Who knows, it's all speculation, I'm pretty sure though he will be at Spurs next season.

Last edited:

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

Mind boggling statement in every single way.

KingMinger22

If he moves anywhere, I think you are looking at a fee similar to Neymar or it simply doesn't happen.

KingMinger22

I could see him staying at Spurs for at least the length of his current contract.

Assuming he gets a good pay rise along the way and Spurs manage to stay competitive.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Some cringy arrogance on here trying to belittle Spurs; I can only imagine it's born out fact they don't need to spend record fees on Mino Raiola's mercenaries to compete at the top of the table.

I'd have though of all clubs and fan bases, ours could appreciate the coach, squad demographic and general project of this Tottenham side, as it's the closest thing English football has seen to early Ferguson-era United.
Good luck to them.

Kane is genuinely world-class, his capacity to drop deep and link play as well as being such an outrageously regular scorer makes him the best striker in the world at the minute; I accept that the sharks will be circling next summer, but I think he'll give them another few years to fulfill their potential before seeking a new challenge elsewhere.
Still trying to pass yourself off as a United fan? :p

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Harry Kane, world class striker, pride and glory of England and St George himself, will point refuse to leave Spurs next summer because... wait for it... he wants to play in their new stadium. Are you sure about this? Let's weigh up the options.

On the one hand, he has the prospect of playing his football in the history steeped Bernabau stadium, among some of the greatest players of his generation, in one of the most beautiful city's in the world, earning vast sums of money in the process.

On the other hand, he can stay at Spurs whom simply never win anything, earning the proverbial peanuts and being forced to continue the pretense of enjoying Dier and Alli's company.

Which option would you take if you were Kane?
The new stadium is just one reason out of several why Kane won't leave next summer. If you're so confident in your hyperbole, then I'm happy to entertain a bet ... but I doubt you'll be.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well who knows what Kane wants, he has said over and over what he would ideally want but no one seems to listen. Every pundit and fan is trying to sell him here there and anywhere. People saying "he NEEDS" or be paid more". And Harry saying it's not all about money for him, his own happiness is what matters. Then as usual people pipe up "he's just lying to keep Spurs supporters happy". Surely if Jose wanted Kane he would have went for him instead of Kane? Maybe he did? Who knows, it's all speculation, I'm pretty sure though he will be at Spurs next season.
It is all speculation as you say. I do not profess to know the mind of Jose Mourinho, I mearly presume that a player of Harry Kane's ability would attract not only his attention but of a great many managers the world over. Who wouldn't want Harry Kane playing for their club?

Do you know Harry Kane personally (genuine question) or are you simply choosing to believe his "it's not about the money for me" statement? Remember that these lads are educated in the ways of public relations, the vast majority of what they spout in the media should be taken with a pinch of salt. What he really thinks about the whole situation the likes of you are I will never really know, truth be told.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Kane best striker in the league since Shearer :lol:

Why is there no middle ground on CAF? you're either shit or best thing since a sliced bread!

Best #9 in the PL no doubt but let's not get carried away.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The new stadium is just one reason out of several why Kane won't leave next summer. If you're so confident in your hyperbole, then I'm happy to entertain a bet ... but I doubt you'll be.
What would the bet consist of and how would it work exactly?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Kane best striker in the league since Shearer :lol:

Why is there no middle ground on CAF? you're either shit or best thing since a sliced bread!

Best #9 in the PL no doubt but let's not get carried away.
He certainly has the potential to be on Shearer's level.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It is all speculation as you say. I do not profess to know the mind of Jose Mourinho, I mearly presume that a player of Harry Kane's ability would attract not only his attention but of a great many managers the world over. Who wouldn't want Harry Kane playing for their club?

Do you know Harry Kane personally (genuine question) or are you simply choosing to believe his "it's not about the money for me" statement? Remember that these lads are educated in the ways of public relations, the vast majority of what they spout in the media should be taken with a pinch of salt. What he really thinks about the whole situation the likes of you are I will never really know, truth be told.
Well then we're both screwd and really only chewing the fat both taking our own thoughts on Harry, I believe he will give us time and you don't, only time will tell.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What would the bet consist of and how would it work exactly?
Seeing as you said Kane "will point refuse to leave Spurs next summer because... wait for it... he wants to play in their new stadium", clearly the bet would hinge on whether or not Kane leaves Spurs next summer.

As to the rest, I'll leave that up to you.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Seeing as you said Kane "will point refuse to leave Spurs next summer because... wait for it... he wants to play in their new stadium", clearly the bet would hinge on whether or not Kane leaves Spurs next summer.

As to the rest, I'll leave that up to you.
In the event that Madrid come in with a concrete offer for Kane (or any club with the financial means to meet Levy's valuation and the players salary demands) I'm absolutely positive the player will jump ship without a moments hesitation, and sure I'd be prepared to place a bet on it for a laugh.

What the bet would actually entail is beyond my logic, though.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
In the event that Madrid come in with a concrete offer for Kane (or any club with the financial means to meet Levy's valuation and the players salary demands) I'm absolutely positive the player will jump ship without a moments hesitation, and sure I'd be prepared to place a bet on it for a laugh.

What the bet would actually entail is beyond my logic, though.
Very obviously Kane won't be leaving next summer regardless of who offers what and regardless of your scepticism, but your proposed bet has too many holes ... you'll argue that a "concrete offer" was never made and all we'll have to go on will be press reports whose truth can't be proven either way.

I'm offering a simple bet: Kane will still be at Spurs next season, no ifs or buts, no loopholes. If he isn't, you win.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Very obviously Kane won't be leaving next summer regardless of who offers what and regardless of your scepticism, but your proposed bet has too many holes ... you'll argue that a "concrete offer" was never made and all we'll have to go on will be press reports whose truth can't be proven either way.

I'm offering a simple bet: Kane will still be at Spurs next season, no ifs or buts, no loopholes. If he isn't, you win.
If I win do you agree to buy me a season ticket to New White Hart Lane? I'm giddy as a schoolboy at the thought of watching all those NFL games.

If you win I'll buy you a Romelu Lukaku bobbblehead that will sit nicely on your dashboard.

Dealio?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
If I win do you agree to buy me a season ticket to New White Hart Lane? I'm giddy as a schoolboy at the thought of watching all those NFL games.

If you win I'll buy you a Romelu Lukaku bobbblehead that will sit nicely on your dashboard.

Dealio?
Provided the bobblehead is made of solid gold, then yes.

The guy looks and sound like he's a bit simple, but he's some striker. At some point Spurs will receive a massive bid for him, and it will be interesting to see what happens.