Harry Kane MBE | Performances

cyberman

Feck me that's a slow Spurs team on Saturday.
I see 3 at the back while we push up without a risk of anything in behind.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
If it’s a hamstring, which it definitely looked like when he came off, then it’s typically a minimum of 2 weeks out. Bringing him back early would be massively risky as he could properly tear it and be out for much longer.
The thing is why play both Son and LLorente in midweek when he knew Kane would be out? They played late wednesday and now play early saturday surely could have played either one? That is why i am very suspect about it. We seem to be playing a game with Pogba's fitness they doing the same with kane.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You think Son will start? I was thinking Alli and Eriksen behind Llorente in a 3-4-2-1. Son off the bench.
I think Fernando will start with Son in and around him, Alli will play deeper with Winks and Dier as he has been doing for the past few games. Depending on Dembele's fitness of course, he got a run out at West Ham but I doubt he will start tomorrow.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We don't know what Spurs are going to do on saturday. Preparations would be easier with Kane it, it's a chance for Spurs to hit us by surprise.

AngliaRed

Feck me that's a slow Spurs team on Saturday.
I see 3 at the back while we push up without a risk of anything in behind.
That has to be the plan mate! For once take the game to our rivals and trust our attackers to put away the chances.

cyberman

@AngliaRed
I can't see how Spurs can play on the counter without Kane. Can Trippier afford to provide width and leave Rashford on his own?
Lukaku will drift to the right into Rose zone so he can come in on his left foot.
We saw v Madrid how uncomfortable Eriksen was on the break.
It wouldn't surprise me if Poch sets up for a draw imo

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
@AngliaRed
I can't see how Spurs can play on the counter without Kane. Can Trippier afford to provide width and leave Rashford on his own?
Lukaku will drift to the right into Rose zone so he can come in on his left foot.
I don't see how swapping Llorente for Kane effects our counter?

stu_1992

Big boost for us ahead of Saturday to see Kane is out. Terrible timing for the player with the form he is in at the moment.

cyberman

@InLevyITrust
1 chance equals goal perhaps?
Kane is a bit more mobile and I give him more credit than most for his buildup play. Llorente brings his own qualities but those need wingplay and for your players to support him when he holds up the ball. Theres a massive chance he becomes isolated on Saturday, especially if Alli plays deeper.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
@InLevyITrust
1 chance equals goal perhaps?
Kane is a bit more mobile and I give him more credit than most for his buildup play. Llorente brings his own qualities but those need wingplay and for your players to support him when he holds up the ball. Theres a massive chance he becomes isolated on Saturday, especially if Alli plays deeper.
I think Poch will set up like we did against Liverpool, we won't sit that deep but we will give up possession, and try to win the ball back higher up the pitch and hopefully nic a goal or 2, it's not quite a counter so hopefully we spwont be sitting too deep.

DRM

Another hammy, lots of players getting them this season.

Pogba
Kante
Morata
Mane
Kane
Moses

Unmutual

Big boost for us. Son & Llorente have their qualities, but Kane is several levels ahead of either of them.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The thing is why play both Son and LLorente in midweek when he knew Kane would be out? They played late wednesday and now play early saturday surely could have played either one? That is why i am very suspect about it. We seem to be playing a game with Pogba's fitness they doing the same with kane.
I don't think Utd have played any games with Pogba's fitness. It's just a strange, long term injury and no-one could tell how long it could take for him to recover. Besides, Utd aren't very forthcoming with news about any players who are injured.

AngliaRed

@AngliaRed
I agree mate. I cant see llorente ( excuse spelling if its wrong) causing any real problems for us. Song is decent enough abd Ali needs to put in a big game performance for you to have any chance. Kane will be a massive miss and even as a united fan it would of been a better match having him playing.

AngliaRed

Another hammy, lots of players getting them this season.

Pogba
Kante
Morata
Mane
Kane
Moses
Didnt hazard get the same injury too?

Seems to be a pattern developing amongst the big clubs. I wonder if its anything to do with a new technique what the fitness/strength coaches in the PL are doing?

Morpheus 7

Massive loss, great player. I think it definitely tilts it to United now. After the loss during the week to West Ham it will be on the players minds not having him, creates doubt. Spurs are a great side and we will need a strong performance to win this. This is a must win for United now after last week.

TheReligion

Abusive
We don't know what Spurs are going to do on saturday. Preparations would be easier with Kane it, it's a chance for Spurs to hit us by surprise.
I think the surprise of them missing their best player that they are over reliant on will be enjoyed like a plump turkey with cranberry on a mild Christmas morning at Carrington.

Seveneric

Home game, opposition missing their key scorer. Should be fun to read the excuses that might pour in now if United drop points or are defensive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Best striker in the league.

He will be a big miss but we are also missing our best player.
On balance, they'll miss Kane far more than we will miss Pogs. Not saying Pogs isn't a big miss but Kane is their talisman, we saw that against West Ham

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That is not what we saw against West Ham, they scored 2 and then got complacent.
Are you really saying that they would have blown that lead with him up front?

West Ham were comfortable knowing they didn't have Kane at the other end

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Home game, opposition missing their key scorer. Should be fun to read the excuses that might pour in now if United drop points or are defensive.
And if we win, it’ll be great to hear how it wasn’t a real test because we weren’t away from home and Kane was missing.

Loublaze

ATLien
And if we win, it’ll be great to hear how it wasn’t a real test because we weren’t away from home and Kane was missing.
Many of these same people have Spurs as favorites anyway (despite the fact Kane has never scored at OT and we've beat them here last three seasons), but they'll indeed use that excuse if United win. Its a lose-lose with the haters

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Are you really saying that they would have blown that lead with him up front?

West Ham were comfortable knowing they didn't have Kane at the other end
Seeing that the problem with the loss was their defense losing concentration and conceding 3 goals, then yes, that's what I'm saying. Unless you think Kane would have donned the gloves.

walkinhop

These are not the same though, are they? One deals with the reality of things, Spurs being weakened significantly, and the other with a "what if" scenario. You can only win the game at hand.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
These are not the same though, are they? One deals with the reality of things, Spurs being weakened significantly, and the other with a "what if" scenario. You can only win the game at hand.
They are no less ‘significantly weakened’ than we are, are they? They are missing their best goal scorer, we are missing the midfielder whom is the catalyst for our attack, not to mention the other injuries that we have.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Terrible news. The game is that bit less special without players like Pogba and Kane on the pitch.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Thank god. Was worried we'd sign him for big money, what a flop he'd be. Bang average. All the doubters will soon see.
I must admit reading over some of the early posts in this thread lol. Sure hes not a MU player but i think even those with the most biased view can see the guy is pretty fecking good. So good in fact i hope he misses the game this weekend.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Terrible news. The game is that bit less special without players like Pogba and Kane on the pitch.
Evens the game out somewhat with both our best players unavailable.

Should be interesting to see how Spurs operate without the goal machine that is Harry Kane. Think Fernando will replace him and he is no mug either.