Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Andersons Dietician

I wonder if he’ll get in top 3 for the Balon Dor. Ronaldo hasn’t really been great this season but he’ll probably single handidly lead Real to the champions league title or something to pull himself back in, but really who are the likely contenders? Messi obviously, Neymar. The CL plays a massive part in the decision so if he puts on a performance vs Juventus then surely he is in with a shout. Especially if he gets 30 goals in the league which looks likely.

OneUnited24

Without a doubt for me anymore. Best striker in the world and the best in the league by some distance

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I wonder if he’ll get in top 3 for the Balon Dor. Ronaldo hasn’t really been great this season but he’ll probably single handidly lead Real to the champions league title or something to pull himself back in, but really who are the likely contenders? Messi obviously, Neymar. The CL plays a massive part in the decision so if he puts on a performance vs Juventus then surely he is in with a shout. Especially if he gets 30 goals in the league which looks likely.
It'll come down to the World Cup. Whichever of the best club performers has the best performances there will win it.

DRM

Perfect striker for man utd, shame we'll never be able to get him!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Best striker in the world.
Reminds me of Lewandowski in that he doesn't have any weak areas in his game.
His hold up play is incredible...feck me!

diplomat

Kane can do things as a striker that Lukaku can only imagine, unfortunately. His one-touch football is phenomenal and the way he can effectively use any port of his body in most situations is very impressive.

ash_86

We should try and offer Lukaku + £100m to spurs. Would be great for us for years!!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I know people have stated many times that his head may not be swayed regarding a move away from Tottenham. But surely, at some stage, if Spurs don't compete for the title, he'll think about it. A player, as good as he is, really should be winning the PL (maybe even CL), not just competing. The guy is an elite player and it'd be a huge shame if he has very little to show for it at the end of his career.

ash_86

Not going to happen.
Never say never, i could see Harry Kane's marketability being English Media darling making Ed's eye pop. Will depend on how Lukaku performs next season and if Real comes in for Kane or not.

Number1

Never say never, i could see Harry Kane's marketability being English Media darling making Ed's eye pop. Will depend on how Lukaku performs next season and if Real comes in for Kane or not.
English media darling? :confused:

Kane sticks the ball in the back of the net, papers will write he put the ball in the back of the net along with a witty-pun, nothing more nothing less. They don't really care about him, infact they would love him to feck up, English people (not just press) love nothing more than people at the top fecking up so can rip them to shreds.

As for Kane at United, that would be fantastic. Since Ronaldo left United are missing a true icon of the football world to be the poster boy and face of the club, a Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar type of player. Zlatan could have been that if younger, Pogba has potential but Kane could be the face of the club for years.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah he’s incredible. Just makes you wonder what exciting way he’s going to find to lose his form in time for the World Cup
:lol:

I've been thinking the exact same thing. If he carries over into the World Cup, there's no reason why he shouldn't surpass Lineker's feats in the NT shirt.

Very curious to see what he does in the CL, too. Looking forward to watching those games vs Juve.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's the start of February and Kane is only 8 off.

He should get that comfortably.
It’s weird, there’s been a few players in a similar position and yet for some reason it never quite pans out that way. He’ll get injured for a few games or have a drought for a few games and it’ll just cut it too fine and he will end up on 31 goals.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
It’s weird, there’s been a few players in a similar position and yet for some reason it never quite pans out that way. He’ll get injured for a few games or have a drought for a few games and it’ll just cut it too fine and he will end up on 31 goals.
31 goals wouldn't be too bad either. That's 8/11, however if he manages to get a hat-trick or so against some 'lesser' opposition he could get it, and I'm sure he'll be aware of that.

Redderp

More than his goalscoring I am impressed with his hold up skills and bringing others to play.
Yeah his hold up play is world class. Underrated strength and he uses his body so well in protecting the ball. He can really bully other players and just move them out of the way. It’s not like he has hundred of different dribble moves, it’s rather simple but so effective. He makes that first move and then just keeps the defender away from the ball. He has a great “first move” to get seperation from the defender and get a shot off. It’s such a great skill to have for a striker. Underrated skill to have.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Harry does his drought in August and brings the rain for the rest of the season :lol:.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
:lol:

I've been thinking the exact same thing. If he carries over into the World Cup, there's no reason why he shouldn't surpass Lineker's feats in the NT shirt.

Very curious to see what he does in the CL, too. Looking forward to watching those games vs Juve.
Rooney (53 goals) is England's current top goal scorer, Kane (12 goals) would have to really go some in order to surpass him. Although his current form would suggest he's set to smash Rooney's record by the end of his career.

He's scored 6 goals in the CL already this season, depending on Spurs' progress in the competiton he could easily win the golden boot. Then go on to win it in the world cup for England. The sky's the limit for young Harold.

Doracle

He’s actually been slightly out of sorts in the last three games by his own standards but still scored 2 in 3 and made our defenders look like schoolboys in the other. Scary good player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's at this stage where I'm not surprised anymore. Headers, outside the box, low finishes in the corners, volleys, you name it, Kane's finishing throughout the past years have been varied and that's the mark of a quality striker.

galwayfa

Hes the best in the world at the moment, funny thing is he could have had 4 today

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah his hold up play is world class. Underrated strength and he uses his body so well in protecting the ball. He can really bully other players and just move them out of the way. It’s not like he has hundred of different dribble moves, it’s rather simple but so effective. He makes that first move and then just keeps the defender away from the ball. He has a great “first move” to get seperation from the defender and get a shot off. It’s such a great skill to have for a striker. Underrated skill to have.
It can make playing long ball a good asset with him because he is so good at that (on top of everything else he does well).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/923735615?-19389:793

Redknapp backs Kane to be one club man

Harry Redknapp has told talkSPORT that he believes Harry Kane will remain at Spurs and be a one club man.

The article describes how the 24-year-old has transformed into one of the most lethal strikers in world football over the past four seasons and continued his fine goalscoring form with the winning goal in Saturday’s north London derby against Arsenal.

His sensational form has also made him one of the most coveted players in world football and he has been constantly linked with a move away from White Hart Lane over the past 18 months, with Manchester United and Real Madrid among the clubs reportedly interested.

Kane has consistently reminded any listening suitors that he is fully dedicated to Spurs and wants to win major honours with his boyhood club and now former Spurs manager Redknapp insists the England international is at the right club to achieve his lofty ambitions, and says he is on his way to becoming a Tottenham legend.

Speaking ahead of Spurs’ derby win, Redknapp said: “I personally see Harry staying at Tottenham long-term.If you mention most players I’d say yeah, they’re going to want to go and win things and their agent is probably going to move them on, but I don’t think Harry is one of those players.

He added: “Harry is a unique lad. He’s earning good money and he’s not chasing that extra few quid.If there is a footballer in the county who wants to be loyal to his club, it would be Harry Kane. The boy is a one-off, he’s unique, he’s not your average modern footballer. He’s a family man and he has a good life at Tottenham.
Redknapp added: “It’s like Steven Gerrard at Liverpool – we haven’t seen that for along time. Someone who is idolised by the fans and is part of the make-up of the club.I think that’s what Harry is at Tottenham and I think that connection will only get stronger.
“The thing is, where would he go?
“If he stays in this country, the only place he could go to win a title at the moment is Man City. Is he going to go to Real Madrid?
He went on to say: “They’re in decline at the moment and Tottenham beat them in the Champions League earlier this season, and he’s not needed at Barcelona with who they have there.I think Harry is at a good club. He loves it at Tottenham and the fans love him, he is absolutely idolised by them.”

Let hope old saggy face is right :D.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ate-oneclub-man-francesco-totti-a3765546.html

On Totti...

“He was a fantastic player and to spend your career at one club is an amazing achievement,” said the 24-year-old. “He achieved everything he wanted to at that club. He is a fantastic striker and, growing up, I would watch his goals. He had a brilliant career and, hopefully, I can have the same.”

Honestly think he will give us 2 more seasons at least to see how were going as a club.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I expect Kane to come of age on the world stage tonight. He's a phenomenal player with no significant weaknesses as a no.9. Chiellini et al won't physically dominate him, and he's got the pace, technique and anticipation to kill them on the ground.

I'm looking forward to seeing how him and his team get on tonight. I fancy them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I expect Kane to come of age on the world stage tonight. He's a phenomenal player with no significant weaknesses as a no.9. Chiellini et al won't physically dominate him, and he's got the pace, technique and anticipation to kill them on the ground.

I'm looking forward to seeing how him and his team get on tonight. I fancy them.
I can guarantee Chiellini will get an early reducer on Kane within the first 10mins.