Harry Kane MBE | Performances

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Poch already said the memes upset him.
Kane isn't taking it well
Good.
I wish we could play them again at Wembley. And if Smalling has the balls, he'd whisper in Kane's ear, before the match, "I've got a special pair of shorts on today....they have an extra big pocket".
Guaranteed 3 points for us. :p

Rockets Redglare

In all fairness to Southgate, I thought he says it's because of his ability on the ball and the style and formation we play means he's not good enough. I get the reasoning, I think it will be a mistake not taking him though.
Yeah I understand the reason and if he’s wanting players who can play out from the back then fair enough. Surely having him as an option on the bench is better than not taking him at all though.

stevoc

United are 2nd in the league and conceded the 2nd least, City have condeded 1 less. Smalling being the main CB for the 2nd best defence and is not going to the WC. It is a travesty.

Seems like Southgate is making the same mistake as countless other England managers and just going on hype and media favourites.
Yeah basically, i reckon he also have bought into the wankfest last season over 3 at the back formations with Chelsea winning the league and Spurs coming 2nd. Roll on one year Chelsea are not exactly pulling up trees and Spurs have largely abandoned the formation.

No doubt Gareth will plough on though with 343, even though most of his players don't play it on a weekly basis.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah basically, i reckon he also have bought into the wankfest last season over 3 at the back formations with Chelsea winning the league and Spurs coming 2nd. Roll on one year Chelsea are not exactly pulling up trees and Spurs have largely abandoned the formation.

No doubt Gareth will plough on though with 343, even though most of his players don't play it on a weekly basis.
It does seem to suit us though. We were actually semi enjoyable to watch in the last set of friendlies due to having an actual style and system in place.

stevoc

It does seem to suit us though. We were actually semi enjoyable to watch in the last set of friendlies due to having an actual style and system in place.
Friendlies and tournaments are different though. I'm not claiming i know England will fail, for all i know they will have a great tournament with 343. But to me it doesn't seem the wisest decision switch to a formation most of your players are not familiar with or play regularly. On top of that drop probably your best centreback because hes not great on the ball while playing the likes of Walker as a centre back who is one of the best wingbacks around.

But anyway this thread is about Kane so i'll leave it there.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

It was never an issue until you started crying about it you precious little muppet.

saivet

My biggest worry here is that I think he's gonna have a shocker at the WC.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Kane's PR team's work in recent weeks has been a complete and utter disaster. First the never was goal at Stoke and cringeworthy begging to have it count towards his goal tally instead of Eriksen's, now they are asking to delete a funny tweet because it offends him. Not good for his image.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane's PR team's work in recent weeks has been a complete and utter disaster. First the never was goal at Stoke and cringeworthy begging to have it count towards his goal tally instead of Eriksen's, now they are asking to delete a funny tweet because it offends him. Not good for his image.
This is not true.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
My biggest worry here is that I think he's gonna have a shocker at the WC.
When has he ever perfomed in a big, or high pressure game?

His medal collection consists of being a runner up in the league cup in 14/15.

He's always seems to have the UK press bigging him up and gets the rub of the green from referees (City ankle breaker, Liverpool offside dive etc).

Is this the backlash from that?

SteveTheRed

He genuinely seems effected by all these memes, jokes at his expense? I know he is only human but would have thought a professional footballer today would be able to shrug that off. God knows what he is going to be like at the World Cup if things are going well for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah I understand the reason and if he’s wanting players who can play out from the back then fair enough. Surely having him as an option on the bench is better than not taking him at all though.
Yeah, totally with you on your last point there. I guess we'll have to see! Watch our CBs bounce of Lukaku when we play belgium and wonder why :rolleyes:

b82REZ

Kane will be anonymous at the WC, but he will still be lauded as England's saviour post 2nd round knockout.

If he scores more than two goals all tournament I'll eat a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle.

el3mel

Oh, oh, England's Golden boy couldn't take a trolling tweet but he had no problem swearing on his daughter's life over a goal he didn't score to claim it for a personal achievement that he won't get and won't matter anyway. Fa stood by him in that case why wouldn't they stand with him in this case too ? If that was another player I doubt anyone would care.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The entire tweet thing is a bit of a joke and the FA have made a mess of it. Neither Kane nor Spurs made any comment on the tweet and I've no idea why it was deleted but clearly from reading comments on this site it has added to the perception that Kane is annoyed by it (no evidence of this whatsoever) which is pretty frustrating and unhelpful.

AKDevil

Poor by that account to be getting involved in stupid banter like that just for retweets. They’re meant to represent the competition not be trying to be a banter account.
The issue is not really the content of the tweet...anyone could produce that and Kane would have to deal with it, just came from the wrong place.

SPURSY85

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry you’re all jumping on Kane here?! He’s said nothing, the club didn’t even comment ffs!

You talk about agenda against United... you’re just as bad - Kane can’t win

saivet

When has he ever perfomed in a big, or high pressure game?
Pretty sure he's scored against a lot against plenty of the top 6 teams. Might have even scored in the FA Cup semi they lost to Chelsea last season too.

Scored away in Juve too.

vangagal

I can't help but feeling pity for him. Crybaby mentality. I surprise he hasnt sue Troll_Football and Footy_Jokes twitter accounts till date.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry you’re all jumping on Kane here?! He’s said nothing, the club didn’t even comment ffs!

It's perception rather than reality - people more than happy to jump all over him at the slightest hint he might be annoyed about something (as you said neither club nor player has even commented on it)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: What a tit. Does he still sleep with the light on?

vangagal

Non of this will ever happen if your precious Prince Kane hadn't swear on his daughter life for his non-existent goal. He literally brought this all circus by himself.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's perception rather than reality - people more than happy to jump all over him at the slightest hint he might be annoyed about something (as you said neither club nor player has even commented on it)
Afraid it appears to be the media who are being outraged on his behalf which is causing a backlash on the player himself.

el3mel

Are they still going on ? :lol: Why not stop bullying all other players as well ? Because all players got trolled every where on internet and now one went on crying over it.

All this will pile up and will end in a nightmare WC campaign for England and Kane and I'm going to enjoy it!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Its some Spurs fan. Its a section where fans write in.

Idiotic.

That Minge tweet was hilarious.[/QUOTE

It's just setting him up to be taken the piss out of more. If Kane had have just come out and had a laugh about it it'd have blown over by now.

The whole thing is really odd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No prizes for guessing how all the exclusives from within the England Camp this summer find their way to the English Journos... you scratch my back, I'll wipe your chin.