g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane MBE | Performances

prateik

The FA's next tweet should be apologizing to Kane and congratulating him on his Wembley hattrick.

Imagine the reaction to that :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I would have taken the Ogden tweet as a bit of dig at Southgate as Smalling is playing well.
Ah, yes, could be. Hard to separate those who only are joking from the precious bunch. Think that Di Marzio embargo leak really rattled a lot of them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ah, yes, could be. Hard to separate those who only are joking from the precious bunch. Think that Di Marzio embargo leak really rattled a lot of them.
The first tweet there is no doubt about what is meant. The Ogden one not too sure. Just shows how misunderstandings come about. These journos are just as capable of squabbling as backing each other up.

DomesticTadpole

Also it is a bit rich of Law to criticise the F.A. for making a joke when the media are the biggest culprits of digging up unsavoury stories about England players or managers just before a World Cup, therefore destablising the squad.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I saw this tweet and thought it was hilarious. Is the FA twitter admin a United fan?:D

Jazz

Also it is a bit rich of Law to criticise the F.A. for making a joke when the media are the biggest culprits of digging up unsavoury stories about England players or managers just before a World Cup, therefore destablising the squad.
Exactly. Screw the press, let them fume.

Samid

These idiots have absolutely no problem slaughtering Pogba for his hairstyles or writing nonsense about Sterling but as soon as the media darling and poster boy receives a slight bit of criticism then the pitchforks are out.

Imagine the handbags if it was Lukaku, Salah or some other foreigner swearing on their daughter and claiming that goal. They'd have been blasted for not acknowledging the British values of hard work, and for putting own interests before the team's.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It's a crying shame. Kane was in full flow, at the height of his powers and destined for world cup greatness until an FA tweet changed everything.

Jazz

It's a crying shame. Kane was in full flow, at the height of his powers and destined for world cup greatness until an FA tweet changed everything.
:lol:

Seriously, I'd be shocked if Kane is so precious that this affects him in anyway. He must know it's just banter.

Judas

Open to offers
After the way Kane seemingly went on a mission to get a goal taken from a teammate, maybe he is quite serious, who knows what the story is with him, he might be a proper sensitive little flower.

Samid

Write an article on this too will you Matt. Disgusting how both the governing body and the official home stadium are ganging up to unsettle St. Harry before the World Cup.

Red Stone

If I was Kane I'd be more offended by the media coddling me like a precious little flower than any sort of light-hearted banter.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This really hit them hard :lol:
The fact that it's Smalling makes it all the more sweet. This Chris Smalling treatment is absolutely bizarre. Why take a seasoned CB for the team who have had the best or second best defensive record for three seasons running when you can take some mid table lads who hit a 40 yard punt a bit more accurately?

DomesticTadpole

The fact that it's Smalling makes it all the more sweet. This Chris Smalling treatment is absolutely bizarre. Why take a seasoned CB for the team who have had the best or second best defensive record for three seasons running when you can take some mid table lads who hit a 40 yard punt a bit more accurately?
That is how I took the Mark Ogden tweet, that this was the point he is making.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But Harry can take that.
This is the guy who took a goal away from his team mate & swearing on his daughter existence.
It's interesting to see contrast the scrutiny/pressure Rooney faced over his England (and general career) with the seeming protective kid glove treatment Kane gets.

The tweet was a bit silly though coming from an official account like that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If I was Kane I'd be more offended by the media coddling me like a precious little flower than any sort of light-hearted banter.
Given what happened over the phantom goal he wants to be treated like a precious little flower.

Jazz

After the way Kane seemingly went on a mission to get a goal taken from a teammate, maybe he is quite serious, who knows what the story is with him, he might be a proper sensitive little flower.
I didn't pay any attention to him trying to get that goal so maybe I'm wrong and he would be pissed at that tweet. If so, well he's being silly.

GazTheLegend

You’d think they’d make more of
one England player going studs in on another England player a few months before the World Cup over some jokey tweet...

But yea, no ABU bias in the media at all is there.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
You'd think he had an incurable disease or something by the way the media is going on. That FA tweet was top shelf banter though :lol: