g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Harry Kane MBE | Performances

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They are about the same age. Why do you think Lukaku has more potential? Let’s actually look at what’s happening on the pitch instead of the hyperthetical. Lukuku is a good striker, but Kane is World Class.
So if you read my post I said Kane is better, I also talked about what happens on the pitch so I don't get that point.

As for the potential, Lukaku can operate effectively in more areas of the pitch and is much more dynamic thats all I mean. Doesn't mean I am saying he is better, if you read my posts you can see that

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
So if you read my post I said Kane is better, I also talked about what happens on the pitch so I don't get that point.

As for the potential, Lukaku can operate effectively in more areas of the pitch and is much more dynamic thats all I mean. Doesn't mean I am saying he is better, if you read my posts you can see that
This is not true either. Kane's passing from deeper areas can be sublime and his work-rate in chasing down the ball is relentless.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought his general play was lacking tonight but he got two goals so who cares?! Hopefully he wins the golden boot.

Glanville95

Yes his hold up play was light years ahead of Kane’s.

His second goal was a lovely finish.

Kane is English but lukaku is better.
I’m sorry, but why is this relevant? Because as a country we have a habit of lauding our players to the hilt?

I don’t think you’ll come across many Englishmen who would suggest we have a strong team. Actually to the contrary, that this is the weakest squad in recent memory at the very least.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of his nationality, Harry Kane IS a top quality striker and one of the best in the world, as his numbers suggest playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

Kane has outshone Lukaku every season for what, four years now? The latter still has it all to prove.

So please, just stop with the ‘oh he’s English so must be shit’ argument. It’s so, so tiresome.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Quite like having dribbleguts my side.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I’m sorry, but why is this relevant? Because as a country we have a habit of lauding our players to the hilt?

I don’t think you’ll come across many Englishmen who would suggest we have a strong team. Actually to the contrary, that this is the weakest squad in recent memory at the very least.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of his nationality, Harry Kane IS a top quality striker and one of the best in the world, as his numbers suggest playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

Kane has outshone Lukaku every season for what, four years now? The latter still has it all to prove.

So please, just stop with the ‘oh he’s English so must be shit’ argument. It’s so, so tiresome.
And that’s my point imo he will be better than Kane in the forth coming seasons, of course it’s going to be impossible to prove given the different styles both teams play but as a united fan, I’m happy we have lukaku rather than Kane going into the next seasons....

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
He disappeared for major parts of the game today. Just popped in right place/right time for the 2 goals. I'd still say Lukaku is more involved in the gameplay than Kane.
It's sensible to judge players across many games, not just one.

dbs235

And that’s my point imo he will be better than Kane in the forth coming seasons, of course it’s going to be impossible to prove given the different styles both teams play but as a united fan, I’m happy we have lukaku rather than Kane going into the next seasons....
He's most likely gonna have to hit 30 league goals next season then to be better than Kane.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Same chance as Lukaku, right?
No, more chance than Lukaku - even tho' Lukaku is a contender - for two reasons: 1) Kane generally scores at a higher rate; 2) England have more chance than Belgium IMO in going deeper into the tournament.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Why are you laughing? The bookies currently make him 2nd favourite. If you don't think he's a strong contender for Golden Boot then you might explain why ...
I think you’ll find the British bookies odds are slightly weighted with the bets received to date.

As much as I would love to think England could go all the way with Harry banging them in, I think the golden boot winner will have to get past the last 16....

raggy

Supports
Spurs
One of those ones where anybody critical of his performance doesn't have eyes. They kept 2 defenders man marking him or rugby tackling him all night and he still produced the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassidy

This is not true either. Kane's passing from deeper areas can be sublime and his work-rate in chasing down the ball is relentless.
I agree Kane is a good passer both long and short, but it is true Lukaku is a better crosser, better one on one when isolated with a defender out wide too. He is just a more dynamic player but Kane is much better

Classical Mechanic

He is a bit, when people for instance say he is the best striker in the world, but that not anything new with players in the PL especially English ones.
It not over the top to call him the best number 9 in the world. He was the top scorer in Europe for the calendar year 2017 of all players and the top scoring number 9 in Europe's top leagues this season, only Messi and Salah scored more.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
So 2 goals today and 1 assist with Denmark, great start for him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mark of a quality striker tonight. Not his best game but no questions when it comes to burying his chances.

Cassidy

It not over the top to call him the best number 9 in the world. He was the top scorer in Europe for the calendar year 2017 of all players and the top scoring number 9 in Europe's top leagues this season, only Messi and Salah scored more.
I think it is

Cassidy

Because I believe with that label he should perform in the biggest games and be a match winner like others have done, and there are times, 2 FA cup semi finals now, the home game vs Juve in the UCL etc where he seems to miss something, maybe it is not him and is just his team. Euros 2 years ago too. I think a player like Lewandowksi has proved that, even if Kane had a better season this year. I don't think he is far off but for me there is still that level he needs to show.

I wouldn't argue if you said he had the best season of number 9s, but I wouldn't call him the best, doesn't mean he won't prove that though. When I say someone is the best I like to see them do it on different stages, for me thats what the best do, not just in the environment that suits them most.

A very good tournament with England goes a long way to again proving he is though.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Are English people even supporting their team? Or are most people on here from different countries?

Hansa

Very strange game from him. Almost invisible in a relentless wave of attacks, yet still becomes the hero.

He stands a very, very decent chance of winning the Golden Boot at this World Cup. Let's hope he does.
I think so too. For England's sake, I just hope he doesn't get too caught up in personal glory. You always get the sense that that he would attempt a 50/50 shot, rather than passing to a "must score" teammate.

Zoo

I didn’t think he got involved in the game at all tonight when it was crying out for him to do so. Finished well though.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Courtesy of @HarryKaneStats_

Caps needed to score 15 International Goals:

KANE (25)

Klose (29)
Villa (32)
Zlatan (33)
Van Persie (42)
Henry (44)
Lukaku (46)
Bale (49)
Messi (54)

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very strange game from him. Almost invisible in a relentless wave of attacks, yet still becomes the hero.

I think so too. For England's sake, I just hope he doesn't get too caught up in personal glory. You always get the sense that that he would attempt a 50/50 shot, rather than passing to a "must score" teammate.
To be fair I'd fancy him to score that 50/50 shot rather than passing to a teammate who currently couldn't hit a barn door even if it's an open goal.