Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
His decline looks similar to Torres in his last few months at Liverpool, before moving to Chelsea.

Injuries got the best of Torres then and look to have had the same impact on Kane. Would be a big risk for anyone to sign him for over 50 million now.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
His decline looks similar to Torres in his last few months at Liverpool, before moving to Chelsea.

Injuries got the best of Torres then and look to have had the same impact on Kane. Would be a big risk for anyone to sign him for over 50 million now.
Agreed but Kane is still an upgrade over Ighalo, the only player I would put above Kane currently is Håland and that will take an extra summer.

Be interesting to see what the United scouts are thinking and what is happening behind the scenes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agreed but Kane is still an upgrade over Ighalo, the only player I would put above Kane currently is Håland and that will take an extra summer.

Be interesting to see what the United scouts are thinking and what is happening behind the scenes.
You would swap him with Martial? I wouldn't. You can have 3 wingers fighting for two spots (if we buy Sancho) but strikers are different story. Having two top strikers fighting for one spot can't work. That is why every club which play with one striker have undisputed first choice striker and his backup who accepts that he is backup.
But there is no way that we are interested in him while have to resolve other issues

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You would swap him with Martial? I wouldn't. You can have 3 wingers fighting for two spots (if we buy Sancho) but strikers are different story. Having two top strikers fighting for one spot can't work. That is why every club which play with one striker have undisputed first choice striker and his backup who accepts that he is backup.
But there is no way that we are interested in him while have to resolve other issues
All you have to do and see how Kane plays for England with Rashford, Sancho and Sterling and Kane stands out as a player of different type of football.

It would be the same for us - Kane doesnt blend in with the players we have nor want.

TsuWave

All you have to do and see how Kane plays for England with Rashford, Sancho and Sterling and Kane stands out as a player of different type of football.

It would be the same for us - Kane doesnt blend in with the players we have nor want.
Exactly.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm not sure if I'd replace Martial with Kane, Martial is 2 years younger and Martial is a better dribbler of course.

I think Kane is more of a #9 than Martial but Martial is much better wide than Kane, I don't see Sancho as the last forward player United will buy though, I think there will be one more, if its this season or next that remains to be seen.

Tel074

The only CF in world football you would put before Kane is Haland ?

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not sure if I'd replace Martial with Kane, Martial is 2 years younger and Martial is a better dribbler of course.

I think Kane is more of a #9 than Martial but Martial is much better wide than Kane, I don't see Sancho as the last forward player United will buy though, I think there will be one more, if its this season or next that remains to be seen.
Martial is streets above Kane this season, absolutely contest. This #9 thing is also driving me up the wall, what else does Martial have to to?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I must say at present, I'd agree with that. The Kane we saw at his best under Poch was a player I would have had but now ...

I watched him today trying so hard to impress and get a goal and he looked quite frankly, average

PoTMS

Kane as England captain means we will see the same problems we saw with Rooney. He'll play regardless of what form he's in and with better players around him missing out to the detriment of England.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I rate Kane. But only who push this story are English pundits who are little bit biased regarding Kane. They want to see him in a team who fights for titles and in top club because he is excellent striker and he is England captain.

For me Martial is a type of no9 that we need. And i would not replace him with Kane

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s his mobility that has been hampered with his injuries. That can happen, but he is still a good footballer.

What is bizarre is asking a player who is less mobile, to drop deeper and move further away from goal.

They should be making sure he gets the ball in the box as often as possible. He is one of the best finishers in the game.

RUCK4444

I haven’t written him off like some seem to have, but he looks worryingly average for Spurs at the moment.

He’s not a player particularly reliant on pace so you would expect him to pickup some at some point, unless the injuries have taken something from him perhaps.

Classical Mechanic

No he doesn’t. He plays excellently with those players. He has 21 goals and assists in 15 games for England since the World Cup in 2018 playing with those players. He has a particularly good footballing relationship with Sterling.

This is one of the great England goals considering it was a competitive game and Spain’s first defeat at home in 16 years Kane - Rashford - Sterling

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
No, I'm saying the only player I'd take above Kane is Håland currently, obviously Ole knows much more about Håland than we do though.

I'm not saying as a CF explicitly, looking at certain factors such as age, finishing, general hunger for the game I'd rather have Håland, and that's for what United have as a set-up.

Håland is 19, versus Kane who is 26 years old, and they'd be at similar prices currently (especially with Hålands buyout clause activates next 2021/22 window I believe).

I do think Håland is at the age where he can be moulded (no pun to his former club), he perhaps would need to add parts to his game like holding up the ball, which means being a bit stronger for the EPL against really physical teams, but his positioning is already brilliant for someone his age.

We're talking about 7 years of development with Håland versus Kane and he isn't the finished article, with Kane you think he is.

Håland is also 1.94m, Kane is 1.88m tall, obviously the front-line is full of talent now but I still think United will add one more (post Sancho) to compete on all fronts, I remember pre-euros a long time ago United were linked with Lewandowski (2012):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18378190
Before the match, Poland coach Franciszek Smuda said Lewandowski would be playing at Old Trafford next season.
I'm just saying there's a time where Erling will move on from Dortmund and you don't want a situation of missing out on that kind of a player, he obviously needs areas of his game developing that he doesn't have yet, but he's 19 years old.

Sancho will (maybe) be at the club this window, so if Håland (hypothetically) moved he settle faster, plus he worked with Ole at Molde FK so he has a manager who he knows too.

It's a similar situation with Greenwood too, Greenwood has a lot of development ahead of him.

Securing players like those sets the squad up for a very long time, I'd never call Håland a CF currently, but there's nothing stopping him from growing into those roles.

Kane was in the championship on loan at Leicester when he was 19, he was far from the player he is now.

Last edited:

Hulme91

Kane as England captain means we will see the same problems we saw with Rooney. He'll play regardless of what form he's in and with better players around him missing out to the detriment of England.
Kane has been bagging at a 1 in 1 rate for the last three years in an England shirt
Bizarre how many want to get him out of the team every time a new shiny toy comes on the scene

Andersons Dietician

I Like Kane but he’s not someone I’d want for us. Just don’t see why we’d be after him when it looks like we are trying to play a certain brand of football. One that would probably only highlight Kane’s weaknesses.

If we want a player of that ilk as a bench option to have a different game plan then sure but you’re not going to buy Harry Kane and sit him on the bench.

Tel074

No, I'm saying the only player I'd take above Kane is Håland currently, obviously Ole knows much more about Håland than we do though.

I'm not saying as a CF explicitly, looking at certain factors such as age, finishing, general hunger for the game I'd rather have Håland, and that's for what United have as a set-up.

Håland is 19, versus Kane who is 26 years old, and they'd be at similar prices currently (especially with Hålands buyout clause activates next 2021/22 window I believe).

I do think Håland is at the age where he can be moulded (no pun to his former club), he perhaps would need to add parts to his game like holding up the ball, which means being a bit stronger for the EPL against really physical teams, but his positioning is already brilliant for someone his age.

We're talking about 7 years of development with Håland versus Kane and he isn't the finished article, with Kane you think he is.

Håland is also 1.94m, Kane is 1.88m tall, obviously the front-line is full of talent now but I still think United will add one more (post Sancho) to compete on all fronts, I remember pre-euros a long time ago United were linked with Lewandowski (2012):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18378190

I'm just saying there's a time where Erling will move on from Dortmund and you don't want a situation of missing out on that kind of a player, he obviously needs areas of his game developing that he doesn't have yet, but he's 19 years old.

Sancho will (maybe) be at the club this window, so if Håland (hypothetically) moved he settle faster, plus he worked with Ole at Molde FK so he has a manager who he knows too.

It's a similar situation with Greenwood too, Greenwood has a lot of development ahead of him.

Securing players like those sets the squad up for a very long time, I'd never call Håland a CF currently, but there's nothing stopping him from growing into those roles.

Kane was in the championship on loan at Leicester when he was 19, he was far from the player he is now.

Yeah that's the same thing and it's as mental as I first thought . Kane is a shadow of the player he once was maybe he isn't fit but he's had 3 bad ankle injuries which he might never return from . There are plenty of strikers out there we could look at instead of Kane

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No he doesn’t. He plays excellently with those players. He has 21 goals and assists in 15 games for England since the World Cup in 2018 playing with those players. He has a particularly good footballing relationship with Sterling.

This is one of the great England goals considering it was a competitive game and Spain’s first defeat at home in 16 years Kane - Rashford - Sterling

I couldn't care less about stats. I never said Kane was crap for England and cant score a goal or drop deep before playing a pass like he always has done - Its about the style of football that is played, its different to the football that Sterling, Sancho, Rashford play because they still try to create a primary chance for Kane as the central main striker when they could be more deadly playing in a fluid front 3 - potentially one day even including players like Greenwood, Foden and plenty plenty more.

Do you see how Rashford, Martial and Greenwood and currently rotating and inter changing all over the place? That's because they are the same mould of technical player of similar pace, similar dribbling, similar preferences of having the ball on the floor, same clinical ability, similar abilities to hold on to the ball and make one two passes - Kane for me is not that and wont interchange with anyone and will be stuck right bang in the middle.

What was good and maybe still good with Harry Kane is that he is capable of being the main central striker of a team capable of scoring 20+goals but he has the ability to drop deep and pick a pass aswell- however just because he does that never made it his best ability to the point where you build a team around him primarily due to his ability to interlink with others- because with players like Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood next to him he will slow down that team centrally and technically.

If United buy Harry Kane - no matter what formation we play, due to the type of football we and Harry Kane play - our main attacking threat and objective becomes Harry Kane to score 20 + goals even if our wide players in result have to turn more creative than be clinical themselves like Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Sancho all have the capacity to do.

Numbers dont do crap for me - I watch England and Kane seems like a traditional striker with 'some ability to interlink' trying to interlink with other pacey players whilst taking up a strong central position to score goals himself - although playing with a bunch of fluid pacey youngsters potentially have the ability to play in a fluid interchanging front 3 instead without him. He is there for the goals and not his ability to interlink and that is a underrated aspect in the modern game especially when both England and United have potentially a clinically and creatively technically balanced attacking team right around the corner.

PS. I see/saw Kane as the world class version of Ighalo with some extra abilities like some decent hold up play and passing - however if we fit Kane here every match then absolutely no way are we seeing fluid dynamic football - neither with Kane nor Ighalo, because that's not the football that gets the best out of them and neither are they strikers that get the best out of more fluid players around them (I remember people wanting Ighalo to drop Martial for not scoring goals - again not seeing any of the interlinking play and ability of a player in a front 3). If Kane wants to come and replace Ighalo as our Plan B deadly sub then I'd be excited, but that isnt going to ever happen- he will want to be plan A and Plan A is more balanced and technical as currently is in my opinion.

Green_Red

Two reasons I doubt we'd buy Kane. 1. Levy, 2. That's not a position we need to address.

Can't see the club buying a player "just because", over investing in a player we need. Hopefully those days are gone.

Classical Mechanic

I couldn't care less about stats. I never said Kane was crap for England and cant score a goal or drop deep before playing a pass like he always has done - Its about the style of football that is played, its different to the football that Sterling, Sancho, Rashford play because they still try to create a primary chance for Kane as the central main striker when they could be more deadly playing in a fluid front 3 - potentially one day even including players like Greenwood, Foden and plenty plenty more.

Do you see how Rashford, Martial and Greenwood and currently rotating and inter changing all over the place? That's because they are the same mould of technical player of similar pace, similar dribbling, similar preferences of having the ball on the floor, same clinical ability, similar abilities to hold on to the ball and make one two passes - Kane for me is not that and wont interchange with anyone and will be stuck right bang in the middle.

What was good and maybe still good with Harry Kane is that he is capable of being the main central striker of a team capable of scoring 20+goals but he has the ability to drop deep and pick a pass aswell- however just because he does that never made it his best ability to the point where you build a team around him primarily due to his ability to interlink with others- because with players like Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood next to him he will slow down that team centrally and technically.

If United buy Harry Kane - no matter what formation we play, due to the type of football we and Harry Kane play - our main attacking threat and objective becomes Harry Kane to score 20 + goals even if our wide players in result have to turn more creative than be clinical themselves like Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Sancho all have the capacity to do.

Numbers dont do crap for me - I watch England and Kane seems like a traditional striker with 'some ability to interlink' trying to interlink with other pacey players whilst taking up a strong central position to score goals himself - although playing with a bunch of fluid pacey youngsters potentially have the ability to play in a fluid interchanging front 3 instead without him. He is there for the goals and not his ability to interlink and that is a underrated aspect in the modern game especially when both England and United have potentially a clinically and creatively technically balanced attacking team right around the corner.

PS. I see/saw Kane as the world class version of Ighalo with some extra abilities like some decent hold up play and passing - however if we fit Kane here every match then absolutely no way are we seeing fluid dynamic football - neither with Kane nor Ighalo, because that's not the football that gets the best out of them and neither are they strikers that get the best out of more fluid players around them (I remember people wanting Ighalo to drop Martial for not scoring goals - again not seeing any of the interlinking play and ability of a player in a front 3). If Kane wants to come and replace Ighalo as our Plan B deadly sub then I'd be excited, but that isnt going to ever happen- he will want to be plan A and Plan A is more balanced and technical as currently is in my opinion.
Sorry but I think you’re completely wrong. England averaged nearly 5 goals per game in Euro qualifying playing fluid football with combinations of Kane, Sterling, Sancho and Rashford. I’m sceptical that you have watched England that much if these are your conclusions. I also think that you’re inflating the inter-positional nature of our attack. They mostly stay in their respective positions.

A quick look at their shot maps show that Martial’s is even more condensed than Kane’s.

https://understat.com/player/647

https://understat.com/player/553

That said, I don’t think that we need to sign to sign Kane or should try. We don’t need him. I just vehemently disagree with the idea that you wouldn’t see exciting attacking football with him in the side because it’s demonstrably untrue.

DRM

One thing that annoys me is that he never passes the ball when one of his teammates is in a better position to score (classic example, WC semi v Croatia when sterling had an open net).

I know he's a striker and they're meant to be greedy etc but open your eyes man!!! Today he was almost at Stevie M v Chelsea selfish levels

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Kane to United is not even worth talking about. No chance

Robbie Boy

He's been a poor for a while now. Playing under such a negative manager certainly won't help him at all.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
No thanks, he would cost £100m at least, no way Levy deals with us for anything less. Kane doesn’t look great atm, maybe it is injuries but for £100m it would be a risk.

Sign Sancho and we would look much more dynamic with him Bruno Rashford and Martial as the starters, with Greenwood stepping in for 1 of Rashford, Sancho or Martial depending on form. Kane’s style doesn’t fit our current style of play.

arthurka

International goals don't count then ok.
Don't get worked up because of this, the Ronaldo fanboys always count his international goals in his thread. Even against San Marino..

Last edited:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No DM is worth 100mil, especially one that's still learning the new role.
:lol:

For some reasons the Halland love in on the Caf has reached overdose level :lol:

Martial is streets above Kane this season, absolutely contest. This #9 thing is also driving me up the wall, what else does Martial have to to?
Camp and sleep in the box, never leave that area :lol:

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Obviously a good player, but just not one we need. Would infinitely prefer we splash our cash on Sancho.

Gazza

I'd be deeply disappointed if we went for Harry Kane. Thankfully I don't think there is any chance. Be interesting to see how the next 2-3 years go for Kane.

Red00012

If we got Kane it would spell the end for Martial. He’s not going to be back up to anyone now. Which we mean we would have to buy 2 strikers.

Anyway it’ll never happen Levy wouldn’t sell him to us for less than £150mill

And anyone that’s saying he’s finished ?
Give over . He’d score 40 goals a season if he was up top for us

Status
Not open for further replies.