Harry Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Does this make him a virus I wonder? Not even the cover of Raiola here, a live video chat with a Sky Sports pundit.

I suspect the media and British football fans will be very understanding here.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He must be really bored to talk about transferring to an another club during pandemic situation during online interview.

Bwuk

Spurs are going backwards. Don’t blame him for wanting out.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I think he already has peaked. For the mondy it would take to get him, no thanks.

I would still put the money in the Sancho basket.

RyRoc

First time he's said anything of that note right? Worry for him is with his injury record there's simple other options up top that I think bigger clubs will look at especially when you consider the price tag.

AKDevil

First time he's said anything of that note right? Worry for him is with his injury record there's simple other options up top that I think bigger clubs will look at especially when you consider the price tag.
yes, that’s the strongest he’s gone on his future. He’d have known that would get picked up quickly. His loyalty to Spurs was also to Pochettino. Now he’s gone, he owes Mourinho nothing and Spurs less.

Haddock

Does this make him a virus I wonder? Not even the cover of Raiola here, a live video chat with a Sky Sports pundit.

I don't know, has he been agitating for years, undermining his manager and getting his agent to chat shit every few months?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't know, has he been agitating for years, undermining his manager and getting his agent to chat shit every few months?
Seems he’s only just started agitating recently. And he’s not bothered ‘getting’ his agent to do anything (which in itself is speculation on the other side), he’s got a camera and done it on live with Sky Sports.

Couple of media darlings making headlines in the last 24 hours. This, and Kane with his ‘disrespectful comments’ about wanting a new challenge. At least they weren’t dancing now!

I’m sure Grealish will ‘just need an arm around him’ - ‘a strong dressing room’ perhaps. Kane’s ambition to win trophies will of course be understood. As will his injury.

Haddock

Seems he’s only just started agitating recently. And he’s not bothered ‘getting’ his agent to do anything (which in itself is speculation on the other side), he’s got a camera and done it on live with Sky Sports.

Couple of media darlings making headlines in the last 24 hours. This, and Kane with his ‘disrespectful comments’ about wanting a new challenge. At least they weren’t dancing now!

I’m sure Grealish will ‘just need an arm around him’ - ‘a strong dressing room’ perhaps. Kane’s ambition to win trophies will of course be understood. As will his injury.
Let me guess, there is a conspiracy to discredit poor Paul.

Pogba's act has been going on for three seasons now. He's a great player and he seems like a nice guy but it's always been about him. His brother mouths off in the press, his agent chats bollocks and the player himself said he wants a new challenge and frankly we should have accepted it and moved on.

If you are a big name foreigner, you will be a target. That's how it was for Owen and Bale at Madrid, for Neville at Valencia, for Cantona and Ronaldo in England and that's how it will be for Pogba.

I agree he gets some ridiculous stick from the likes of Souness and Keane but you act like he's pulling up trees every week. The fact is that he's been an unreliable player who has missed big games though foolish red cards or stood on the halfway line playing hollywood passes against Sevilla (Don't think we are going to forget that 'performance')

At least Kane has half a decade worth of solid performances and yes, his desire for trophies will be used to defend him because he's at Tottenham sodding Hotspur - a tinpot London club who celebrate finishing above Arsenal. Not the star player, the most expensive signing in history for England's most successful football club.

Oh and Jack Grealish has only really become a 'media darling' since he was punched in the derby. Before that all everyone could talk about was his off field antics and his diving. Guess what? When he started to play brilliantly everyone shifted focus to his football.

This is what Harry Redknapp, (who you probably think is among the propah football men who hate poor diddums Pogba) said about Grealish today:

"If I was a manager of the big teams I would buy him up.
"But this is no excuse. This is absolutely stupid.
"I can't believe what he has done, he needs to be punished for sure."

Maybe you should take a day off being Pogba's unofficial PR rep.

James Peril

Nothing revolutionary about this really, because Spurs aren’t what they used to be. They were a smaller club on the high, but the work can quickly be washed away in one unexpected wave. Pochettino was everything, he was the only reason why that team was suddenly on display, now it seems a long time ago. The players seemed to be enjoying themselves, they played a type of football players would want to be part of, much better than what the current United-manager is managing. High pressure up the field, great momentum building leading to chances. With Pochettino out, Eriksen gone, Alli just being average, bad signings, Kane injured... Mourinho at the helm, well, it’s not the same and Kane is obviously the best player by far.

He should have left two years ago, heck Levy should have sold him for the fees going about, but it’s easy to talk retrospectively. Kane deserves much better than what Spurs can offer him, it’s just how it is after so many years without a single trophy. Some stay like Le Tissier and it’s nothing wrong with that, but the history books and the lack of trophy pictures on the wall will haunt them if they do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Let me guess, there is a conspiracy to discredit poor Paul.

Pogba's act has been going on for three seasons now. He's a great player and he seems like a nice guy but it's always been about him. His brother mouths off in the press, his agent chats bollocks and the player himself said he wants a new challenge and frankly we should have accepted it and moved on.

If you are a big name foreigner, you will be a target. That's how it was for Owen and Bale at Madrid, for Neville at Valencia, for Cantona and Ronaldo in England and that's how it will be for Pogba.

I agree he gets some ridiculous stick from the likes of Souness and Keane but you act like he's pulling up trees every week. The fact is that he's been an unreliable player who has missed big games though foolish red cards or stood on the halfway line playing hollywood passes against Sevilla (Don't think we are going to forget that 'performance')

At least Kane has half a decade worth of solid performances and yes, his desire for trophies will be used to defend him because he's at Tottenham sodding Hotspur - a tinpot London club who celebrate finishing above Arsenal. Not the star player, the most expensive signing in history for England's most successful football club.

Oh and Jack Grealish has only really become a 'media darling' since he was punched in the derby. Before that all everyone could talk about was his off field antics and his diving. Guess what? When he started to play brilliantly everyone shifted focus to his football.

This is what Harry Redknapp, (who you probably think is among the propah football men who hate poor diddums Pogba) said about Grealish today:

"If I was a manager of the big teams I would buy him up.
"But this is no excuse. This is absolutely stupid.
"I can't believe what he has done, he needs to be punished for sure."

Maybe you should take a day off being Pogba's unofficial PR rep.
I don’t act as if he pulls up trees every week at all. What I do act like is that firstly, this is not a requirement for a player to be treated with a bit of respect anyway, and two - for those who like to keep making out that this is purely football related - he is, and has been, better than most in his time here.

He’s missed one big game due to a red card, which should have never been given either, for a wrongly interpreted violent conduct stamp. And if you wish to reduce his on field contributions to your next line, then each to his own. Of course I don’t expect you to forget the game against Sevilla. I wouldn’t even expect you to forget any single time he’s been dispossessed in his time here, as the caf reads like that is literally all that happens in his time on the pitch.

As for he and Kane, both of their desires for trophies are justified. Manchester United or not, we have not been winning them in Pogba’s time here. Well, we’ve won a couple but you get my point. You could point to performance or say it is Pogba’s fault - but ultimately, that doesn’t really compute. Every player should want to win trophies and play at the top. If Pogba was not a top player, he wouldn’t have the convenient option of just joining Real Madrid or Juventus. Just like Kane wouldn’t have the option of joining a top club for trophies. Not every Spurs player does, and not every United player does. Pogba and Kane do, because it seems that other top clubs see them differently to the caf or Graeme Souness.

What rubs me up the wrong way regarding Pogba are the double standards that are applied. Almost all of the over-zealous criticisms could be directed at different high profile players but do not. I see him as seemingly a fun guy who just wants to play football, and wants to win just as much as anyone, and I think the shit he gets is too personal and bang out of order. He’s painted as some sort of court jester who seemingly doesn’t really care about anything he should care about, while others who also don’t win are just unlucky or whatever. Eventually, when he does leave here, it will be reported as some form of ‘good riddance, attitude problem’ sort of thing, which again, I don’t think is fair.

I mentioned him here because he’s done the same thing as Harry Kane. I haven’t seen him come out and disrespect us, and have no reason to believe he doesn’t respect us, nor do I believe Kane doesn’t respect Spurs. Just think it all needs to be toned down a fair bit. Critique a performance if you wish. Not like his agent if you wish. But he’s become a target for such rage just because the team hasn’t done well enough, himself included. He himself seems a nice guy, as does Kane, and doesn’t seem the type that will disrespect others from what I see, but it’s all so personal from what I read and hear.

Alabaster Codify7

I might be in the minority here, but I think Kane's ship may have sailed. He should have really left Spurs a couple of years ago, because I don't know what he's looking for......surely he's going to expect 300k+ a week which on paper, he is worth. The problem is, football rarely plays out on paper and it cannot be denied that Harry Kane has become rather injury-prone in recent times. Would it pay off to sign him to such a huge contract if he's going to miss 50% of a season more often than not?

Maybe I'm over-reacting here but I just have an inkling that we may have seen the best Harry Kane we are going to see.

stepic

signing him would be risky, but you have to take that risk if he actually does want to leave. Sancho is still the priority though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nothing revolutionary about this really, because Spurs aren’t what they used to be. They were a smaller club on the high, but the work can quickly be washed away in one unexpected wave. Pochettino was everything, he was the only reason why that team was suddenly on display, now it seems a long time ago. The players seemed to be enjoying themselves, they played a type of football players would want to be part of, much better than what the current United-manager is managing. High pressure up the field, great momentum building leading to chances. With Pochettino out, Eriksen gone, Alli just being average, bad signings, Kane injured... Mourinho at the helm, well, it’s not the same and Kane is obviously the best player by far.
Don't forget the trophy haul they managed! Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? Poch. The man, the myth, the legend.

Haddock

I don’t act as if he pulls up trees every week at all. What I do act like is that firstly, this is not a requirement for a player to be treated with a bit of respect anyway, and two - for those who like to keep making out that this is purely football related - he is, and has been, better than most in his time here.

He’s missed one big game due to a red card, which should have never been given either, for a wrongly interpreted violent conduct stamp. And if you wish to reduce his on field contributions to your next line, then each to his own. Of course I don’t expect you to forget the game against Sevilla. I wouldn’t even expect you to forget any single time he’s been dispossessed in his time here, as the caf reads like that is literally all that happens in his time on the pitch.

As for he and Kane, both of their desires for trophies are justified. Manchester United or not, we have not been winning them in Pogba’s time here. Well, we’ve won a couple but you get my point. You could point to performance or say it is Pogba’s fault - but ultimately, that doesn’t really compute. Every player should want to win trophies and play at the top. If Pogba was not a top player, he wouldn’t have the convenient option of just joining Real Madrid or Juventus. Just like Kane wouldn’t have the option of joining a top club for trophies. Not every Spurs player does, and not every United player does. Pogba and Kane do, because it seems that other top clubs see them differently to the caf or Graeme Souness.

What rubs me up the wrong way regarding Pogba are the double standards that are applied. Almost all of the over-zealous criticisms could be directed at different high profile players but do not. I see him as seemingly a fun guy who just wants to play football, and wants to win just as much as anyone, and I think the shit he gets is too personal and bang out of order. He’s painted as some sort of court jester who seemingly doesn’t really care about anything he should care about, while others who also don’t win are just unlucky or whatever. Eventually, when he does leave here, it will be reported as some form of ‘good riddance, attitude problem’ sort of thing, which again, I don’t think is fair.

I mentioned him here because he’s done the same thing as Harry Kane. I haven’t seen him come out and disrespect us, and have no reason to believe he doesn’t respect us, nor do I believe Kane doesn’t respect Spurs. Just think it all needs to be toned down a fair bit. Critique a performance if you wish. Not like his agent if you wish. But he’s become a target for such rage just because the team hasn’t done well enough, himself included. He himself seems a nice guy, as does Kane, and doesn’t seem the type that will disrespect others from what I see, but it’s all so personal from what I read and hear.
First, I have actually backed Pogba quite a bit. I don't care about his haircut, I don't care that he dabs and dances, I don't care that he has his emojis and I don't care that he loses possession once in a while. I also don't like the insane criticism he seems to get for every. single. bloody. thing. But I disagree that other high profile players can be criticised in the same way. Other senior players don't post photos of them smirking the day their managers are dismissed. Mourinho did wrong by Martial (more than anyone else) and Rashford too but they didn't say anything daft as soon as he left.

Has he been better than most in his time here? For sure. In fact he has been far better than he has been given credit for, that I agree. The trouble is that he has been brought in to be more than that. He's been brought in to be the face of Manchester United and the club's main man - (note that I do not mention the transfer fee which of course a player doesn't set for himself and can't be blamed for) - a role that by the way he embraced. The first thing he said when he rejoined was winning the European cup and the Balon d'or. Now I didn't expect him to do either but I did expect him to play to a certain standard.

Again, in the world cup, he was, in my view, along with Modric, comfortably the best player in the tournament and unlike Modric he played fully within himself. In those seven game he played with all the values that a great midfielder needs - discipline, tact, intelligence and bravery. When people say 'attitude' or 'maturity' they also mean the ability to hold the ball, play a five yard pass or play a fifty yarder when the situation demands it. The intelligence to know when to take five touches and when to take two.

“Pogba is a player who can make the difference if he plays it simple and is focused. He got booked and let that affect him, so he lost his way in the second half and basically stopped playing.”

That's what Max Allegri said four years ago this month. Now tell me, does the spirit of that criticism not hold for Pogba even today? Outside of those brilliant world cup games and a few games for United isn't this exactly what he's like?

Now If you watch Jack Grealish play for Aston Villa, he does exactly that. He plays like a mature midfielder. He knows when to play his runner in, he knows when to roll a man and play a through ball or take a shot.

Similarly Harry Kane is a mature striker. If you watched him against Colombia (where he didn't have a great game in the box) his level never dropped dramatically. He could run back in midfield, shield the ball, lay it off, roll his man and drag defenders across the pitch.

I agree that for some people, Pogba is expected to be Vieira, Nedved and Lampard at once. But for most sane people including his four first rate managers (Conte, Jose, Allegri and Deschamps) he is being judged on where he plays. In the world cup he was recognised as an outstanding player in a deeper role - even Mourinho praised him for it. And when he has played in a freer role for United he is judged on that.

The trouble with Pogba is that his level fluctuates in a way that you simply cannot get away with in midfield. Only forwards can get away with it because ultimately they are judged on moments. Yes I agree that Pogba gets a lot of unwarranted shit. But that's going to happen to any top player. People forget that Ronaldo made public overtures about going to Real Madrid for four consecutive summers from 2006-2009 and he was criticised for that among other things. Keane's drinking and disciplinary record was a big issue years ago. As was Rio's reality tv lifestyle. Rooney's attitude to fitness has been the subject of countless posts on the caf. That's the nature of life at a big club. You will be subject to ridiculous agendas and criticism. I guarantee it's even worse at Real Madrid. But when you win or play well it goes away - not in full, but to a large extent. And that is in Pogba's hands.

PS: He also missed that City game in 2017/2018 after he got a pretty stupid red against Arsenal too. You could say that loss meant that the title race effectively ended in December.

MalcolmTucker

I'd be too worried about his injury record to stump up the sort of cash we'd have to pay. Martial is progressing well so a centre forward isn't a primary concern for now. Move along imo.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd be too worried about his injury record to stump up the sort of cash we'd have to pay. Martial is progressing well so a centre forward isn't a primary concern for now. Move along imo.
It's not Kane being better or worse than Martial which is the issue for me - it's that in my opinion when Kane and Rashford play together for England I don't particularly find them all that good together.

I find them boring & it's like watching Jose Mourinho football again when you have these great lanky target men but all the faster attackers are pushed out wider both naturally and tactically.

It's the same thing with Sancho - you line up Rashford, Kane and Sancho together, we will win matches but we may not have the fluidity and flexibility a line up like

Rashford - Sterling - Sancho

Or even to a much lesser degree

Rashford - Vardy - Sancho

For me Kane is an exceptional striker, but he needs to be the main man leading the line. I feel that this will keep out Rashford out wider that people might realise and having the same attacking line up as England doesn't excite me - because well it never really did.

UpWithRivers

He will stay at Spurs. Simply because no one will risk what 130 mill at least to sign him. His last two seasons he has not been at his best. Reasons could be injuries and Spurs having a bad season etc But the fact is you would be paying 130 not for a striker on an upwards trajectory but a striker that is heading downwards. He could of course pick back up and bang in 30 goals. He is more than capable. But the fee is not worth the risk. He needs to stay at Spurs another season. Bang in 25-30 goals. Stay fit. Then move. I think Spurs should sell though if anyone is stupid enough to offer 120 plus.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's not Kane being better or worse than Martial which is the issue for me - it's that in my opinion when Kane and Rashford play together for England I don't particularly find them all that good together.

I find them boring & it's like watching Jose Mourinho football again when you have these great lanky target men but all the faster attackers are pushed out wider both naturally and tactically.

It's the same thing with Sancho - you line up Rashford, Kane and Sancho together, we will win matches but we may not have the fluidity and flexibility a line up like

Rashford - Sterling - Sancho

Or even to a much lesser degree

Rashford - Vardy - Sancho

For me Kane is an exceptional striker, but he needs to be the main man leading the line. I feel that this will keep out Rashford out wider that people might realise and having the same attacking line up as England doesn't excite me - because well it never really did.
Vardy? :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Weird comment

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not for us but for England.

I don't think Kane gets the best out of players like Rashford, Sancho, Sterling and even potentially in the future players like Greenwood and others.

I don't think Vardy fits in that mould either but I just said it because Southgate will probably use the guy if Kane's injured but hopefully never will- because I agree, he wont be good enough either but wont be bad in something like a 352.

Anyway, I'm not the biggest fans of forwards like Kane and Vardy - I think Rashford's, Sancho, Sterling's, Greenwoods and Martial's have shown ability to break down defences by themselves technically which I like when they combine together. Something that doesn't happen as fluidly with Kane and vardy.

Champagne Football

We'd have to sell Martial and Pogba for a combined 160 million before we'd even consider this transfer, and I don't think anyone is gonna offer us £60 million for Martial and unlikely we get a £100 million offer for Pogba too.

Kane will end up at City.

Spurs will probably sign Odsonne Edouard as his replacement.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Kane saying he will have to leave if they're not progressing?

How long does he leave that?
Despite people loving to quote 28-30 as peak years, truth is he is probably going to struggle to match the level he reached a few years ago, especially down to injuries.

Tottenham haven't won anything for a decade and despite a high league finish and champions league runner up spot they were never winning either.

So is he angling for a move this summer? Which will be difficult with the worldwide situation, or giving it another year or two?

JohnnyLaw

In my mind it would be a very risky deal that could blow up pretty badly in our faces i.e Sanchez, but the little muppet in me would be doing backflips if we somehow managed to land Kane.

I’m probably rationalizing but I’m not that bothered with his injury record to be honest, considering that we already have a succession-plan already in place with Greenwood raring to go behind him for whenever he starts to wind-down.

Martial would probably be pretty miffed though, which would be sad.

Morpheus 7

I would rather invest money in a younger prospect. I think Harry Kane is picking up consistent injuries now. The money being quoted isn't value long term in my opinion. I can't see Kane playing well in to his 30's. You are getting a player for the here and now. That's fine if he's the last peice of the jigsaw to win the league, we have other areas and an issue with the actual squad not first 11. Kane would make sense for a team like City to replace Augero. I can see us derailing the sensible signings we have made since last Summer. I simply don't trust the board.

Alemar

We don’t need a player who has 17 toilets in his house. It’s simply not acceptable

criticalanalysis

Does he have enough toilet paper for each one though?

If he can't afford that now then he needs to move to Utd so we can provide him with all the sponsored sh|tter roll he could dream of.

croadyman

There definitely seems to be a weakness in that ankle of Kane's as seen by the fact he has picked up a few niggly injuries in that same area over the last few seasons which many of the top clubs will definitely be looking at when they are considering whether to sign him or not

Mr Smith

I would rather invest money in a younger prospect. I think Harry Kane is picking up consistent injuries now. The money being quoted isn't value long term in my opinion. I can't see Kane playing well in to his 30's. You are getting a player for the here and now. That's fine if he's the last peice of the jigsaw to win the league, we have other areas and an issue with the actual squad not first 11. Kane would make sense for a team like City to replace Augero. I can see us derailing the sensible signings we have made since last Summer. I simply don't trust the board.
What's the obsession with this? We already own some of the brightest young prospects in football in Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford et al. Do people really want an entire team of under 21's? Experience is actually what we need now, we've got plenty of youth. The concerns about Kane's injury record are valid, but to write him off out of hand given the lack of top class strikers available in the market right now is frankly bonkers.

FCAES_7

As many members mentioned Sancho should be no.1 priority, but if Kane is available we should definitely go after him, injuries or not he is a top 5 striker in the world, and after Covid-19 crisis (I'm not a financial guy) Ii think a lot of clubs wont be able to afford to pay over $100M on a player. This whole conversations reminds me of the time when we signed Van Persie a lot of talk about his injuries and his age, but in reality he delivered the PL to us and with a bit of luck could have went all the way in CL.

Sancho - Kane - Rashford

Sub: Greenwood, Martial, James

That is a great combination on paper

Status
Not open for further replies.