Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

If I was Ole I'd be fuming with the number of missed headers from attacking corners.

Gotta improve that part of his game.

90 + 5min

He had a realy good game. I don't blame him for first goal. I would say that Lindelof were more involved letting the ball.

acnumber9

Can’t wait for the freeze frames that show it was actually too far away from him to try and clear it. Shite.

Bobski

Had a fairly strong game despite his inexplicable defending for their first. Yes, others could have done better as well but smell danger.

Evans999

Had a good game but needs to be that leader and organising the players when defending set peices.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
ALmost cost us a goal on the last game, if not for Bailly heroic. COuldn't clear a simple cross.

Now costed a goal. Again, couldn't clear a simple cross.

El Jefe

As others have said, he was probably our best player aside from the goal, but that was criminal in such a game.

What the feck was he doing.

cyberman

Had a fairly strong game despite his inexplicable defending for their first. Yes, others could have done better as well but smell danger.
I cant see how its Harrys fault. He touches its its a goal, if he even can.
Its on those on the back post

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think he defends any delviery too well unless it's a very specific near post zone.

Andersons Dietician

Struggled for like the first 10 minutes and then kinda got to grips with what was happening and was playing pretty well. But I think that’s the 3rd goal that’s come from him not dealing with a ball across the box and letting it go past him. That’s just terrible defending.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t mind him in the team but he’s not brave or vocal enough to be captain. On nights like tonight who is he inspiring? He’s a pretty good player, still a level below our best defenders but he could still improve as the team grows. I just think he’s way too passive in decisive moments to be captain. Should be Bruno. A pissed off maguire might actually play with more intensity and desire. Don’t get me started on all the free headers he misses. Shocking. A braver player would be burying a few more of them

Classical Mechanic

The big error on the goal was from Pogba and Rashford as they didn’t even attempt to stop the cross from coming in. Their job was easy. Maguire‘s was very hard given how close to goal he was whilst facing it and the quality of the ball. He gambled on leaving it rather than trying to to get a touch which could have easily been an OG.

Dearg hÉireann

I see someone comparing Maguire to Wes Brown, well there's a swap I'd take right now.
How in the hell did we pay 80m for this absolute spoofer. He actually played ok tonight but definitely at fault for the first goal along with shaw.

predator

Youth NITK
The word cumbersome springs to mind as usual. If he could actually score a header every now and then instead of nutting it into the stands then fair enough.

Would love to defend him because he seems a pretty sound lad but as a centre back for united he isn't good enough.

Bobski

I cant see how its Harrys fault. He touches its its a goal, if he even can.
Its on those on the back post
Looked like he switched off and ball watched for a split second, at which point an OG is real possibility. A little sharper and he might be able to clear it.

Conor

Yeah he was really good for all of those inconsequential tackles on the side line, pity about the one moment where he should be clearing the ball in the 6 yard box. He'd rather let someone score than risk an own goal.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he defended well overall. The first goal is a mess and he should do more for that but more on Lindelof who is just passive. Going forward though his heading is poor.

cyberman

Looked like he switched off and ball watched for a split second, at which point an OG is real possibility. A little sharper and he might be able to clear it.
He had his player marked though. The ball was never his and should have been cut out behind him.
If he gets that ball, he started too deep but I could be wrong.
I think the simple tactic of passing short then crossing fecked us! It wasnt even a great ball which is annoying.
Reminds me of Lallana equaliser against us last year.

Fracture90

I just can't see us winning anything of worth with him anchoring our defense...

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Some absolute garbage being posted in here tonight.

I thought he was our best player on the night and has been playing well for about 2 months now. The first goal should’ve been cleared well before it reached him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Odd feelings about him. He was pretty good today but made a costly bad reaction (mistake would be overreaction) when they scored. And must work on headers ffs. Every game he has at least one chance to score

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he was our best player today, defending very well. The only downfall was he can’t get any of his header on target to score goals but I don’t judge centre back to score and scoring issue is our attackers and creative players problem.

RedIan

I wouldnt hang him out to dry for the 2nd goal. It should have been cleared before it got anywhere near the back post, it went through everyone. Stone himself said he couldnt see the flight of the ball,, it just hit him and went in so its safe to say Maguire wouldnt have seen the flight either.. poor defending by the team not necessarily or just Maguire. Other than that he did ok.

arthurka

No authority nor leadership. Could have done much better for the first goal. Fecking hate his defensive stature.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I thought he was very good tonight other than on their first goal. I understand why he let it go. It was a dangerous ball and I can only imagine how much the people on this site would be going off if he tried to clear it and scored an own goal. But I would rather see him try and clear that and score an own goal than see him let it go. And the thing is, there was a very good change that he would have scored an OG with that. But for me, that could be forgiven. Letting a ball go so Stones can have a tap in is unforgiveable...

Classical Mechanic

I thought he was very good tonight other than on their first goal. I understand why he let it go. It was a dangerous ball and I can only imagine how much the people on this site would be going off if he tried to clear it and scored an own goal. But I would rather see him try and clear that and score an own goal than see him let it go. And the thing is, there was a very good change that he would have scored an OG with that. But for me, that could be forgiven. Letting a ball go so Stones can have a tap in is unforgiveable...
He should of tried to get a thigh on it or something to change the direction a bit. Not really a tap in for Stones though, he said after the game he knew nothing about it and it just hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.