Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s rebuilt his reputation, good on him. He should still be moved on but at least it’s with his head held high.

UpWithRivers

Contender for player of the year. I remember arguing with people saying he should play in the Championship. Yeah he has his flaws but people overcritice him. Both him and Wan B are poster boys for the bash club.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Harry Maggy as the contender for the 'player of the year' sums up the season. I hope other clubs executives see the same and stump up 20m+ for him this summer. That would be his biggest contribution to the club's cause.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He owes us some good performances tbf after the crap he's served up over the years. Hopefully he adds value to his transfer fee and is sold in the summer

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It would be senseless to consider selling him in the summer, he’s our only reliable centre back at the moment.

Andy_Cole

Been very good. Think the captaincy was terrible for him. Maguire pre captain and post captain has actually been great for us.

FerociousCorgis

being "reliable" aka fit is really only one aspect of it. Makes perfect sense to sell a player that isnt quite top level/fits what we want to do and bring in those who do. Ideally the club would be bringing in 3 CBs, and selling/getting rid of maguire, lindelof, and varane wouldnt be that much of an issue. Doubt it happens though. Fair play to him for at least putting in the work this season and doing his best.

lex talionis

Maguire has performed very well in recent months. It's hard to know what to do with him but if a big offer of around 50m comes in for him Slab we'd have to give it serious consideration.

criticalanalysis

Maguire has performed very well in recent months. It's hard to know what to do with him but if a big offer of around 50m comes in for him Slab we'd have to give it serious consideration.
50m would be an amazing transfer fee but doubtful because of his wages I'd assume. Anything 35m and over would be acceptable imo.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Said it before. Chelsea should be all over Harry, replacing T. Silva for his experience at top level.

lex talionis

50m would be an amazing transfer fee but doubtful because of his wages I'd assume. Anything 35m and over would be acceptable imo.
Maybe, but Slab is an England regular starter and for all the shit we give him -- or perhaps I should say rightfully gave him for his woeful performances for a season and half a I think it was -- he's been a model professional. In today's mad world 50m might actually be good value for him even with his wages.

Tony247

He has been very good in recent matches. Or, rest of the team is so crap, he has become a shining beacon.

miked99

Hard to judge any of our defenders when you consider we have no midfield and they're facing half the opposition team running at them countless times a game. Any defenders would look worse in those circumstances.

I think he's done admirably and one of the few in the squad that has actual character.

Kaos

I respect the fact he's turned it around, but I still think this summer would be the best time to sell. He's 31 and if we're honest, not good enough to be a permanent fixture in this team if we have any ambition, so we should capitalise on his re-vitalised stock and attempt to fetch a decent fee for him this summer. I feel like it would be the last opportunity for us to do so.

justsomebloke

It would be senseless to consider selling him in the summer, he’s our only reliable centre back at the moment.
As much as he's improved, I don't agree with that at all. Mainly because his limitations represent an impediment to how we can play. Also, because he's an ageing player with one year remaining on his contract. The smart option would IMO definitely be to sell him now, while he still has some value and before his greatest limitation (speed) gets even worse, which it inevitably will as he's heading deeper into his thirties. With serious FFP enforcement, progressively tighter limits on player spending and now the prospect of anchoring, we have to pay much, much closer attention to cost/benefit than we have been used to. Sinking major resources into declining assets who aren't a great fit with where we want to go is just not on. FFP-wise, we could actually make a tidy profit if we sell at this point. As soon as we re-commit with a new contract, that prospect is gone for a good while.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably the best in the league when the ball is high in his own box.
If we did sell, we need to make sure we get some proper height and power back there.

The idea of fielding a Martinez - Lindelof or suchlike back line doesn't bear thinking about against a fair few physical teams.

Pirlo'sBeard

If we want to progress, he's obviously not good enough to start. However he's reliable when no one else can stay fit.

I doubt he'll be happy to play second fiddle next season, so it'll be best for all parties to move him on.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as he's improved, I don't agree with that at all. Mainly because his limitations represent an impediment to how we can play. Also, because he's an ageing player with one year remaining on his contract. The smart option would IMO definitely be to sell him now, while he still has some value and before his greatest limitation (speed) gets even worse, which it inevitably will as he's heading deeper into his thirties. With serious FFP enforcement, progressively tighter limits on player spending and now the prospect of anchoring, we have to pay much, much closer attention to cost/benefit than we have been used to. Sinking major resources into declining assets who aren't a great fit with where we want to go is just not on. FFP-wise, we could actually make a tidy profit if we sell at this point. As soon as we re-commit with a new contract, that prospect is gone for a good while.
Nah, he’s a good player and he’s only 31. If we sell him we need to buy at least two centre backs; Varane will likely leave, Lindelof should be sold and we don’t know what condition Martinez will be in going forward.
It makes a lot more sense to me to offer him a short term extension and revisit next summer, assuming he will be starting a lot of matches next season.

rpitchfo

I still rate him. Can’t my finger on it after all the shit he’s served up but still think he’s solid if he can just keep consistent.

cpresc

I think he'd be a good fit for Newcastle and we currently owe them £20m for Ashworth.. plus they can afford his wages.

£30m+Ashworth feels like a good deal for both sides

Yakuza_devils

Eh..why sell our top 2 CB? Martinez is always injured. Maguire is our best CB most of the time.

Lindelof, Varane and Evans should be sold before Maguire.