Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agents: Triple S Sports
Squad Number: #5
Contract until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Puma​

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rather not thanks

philnguyen1994

A bit random but a Boro fan spotted him training around Boro's summer training camp in the Algarve, Portugal.

No way he's going to the Championship obviously. Probably just him putting in the extra work to keep up his fitness over the summer and called in a favour from an old coach. Or Ten Hag sent him there on some individual training regime, like he did with Sancho.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel

A bit random but a Boro fan spotted him training around Boro's summer training camp in the Algarve, Portugal.

No way he's going to the Championship obviously. Probably just him putting in the extra work to keep up his fitness over the summer and called in a favour from an old coach. Or Ten Hag sent him there on some individual training regime, like he did with Sancho.
Not good enough for the championship

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Has anyone shown any legit interest in him as of yet?
I don't think he has any interest in leaving. Which is a real pain in the arse for us, but that's United's fault, I guess. Plus, he'll get picked for England anyway, regardless of playtime, and that's his main objective I think. Definitely England over United for him.

IMakeThingsUp

Is it just me who thinks that if only Harry moved to a smaller club with less pressure and a fresh start, he will actually turn pretty decent again?

ForeverRed1

According to Fabrizio there’s a key meeting happening between them in the next couple of days. Hopefully we get some movement with him soon.

AbusementPark

According to Fabrizio there’s a key meeting happening between them in the next couple of days. Hopefully we get some movement with him soon.
Needs sorted before pre-season begins, let him know he’s not captain and 4th choice. Has he been used in promotional photos for the kit launch?

ForeverRed1

Needs sorted before pre-season begins, let him know he’s not captain and 4th choice. Has he been used in promotional photos for the kit launch?
yes he’s been used a fair amount and keeps posting images of him in the new kit. In fairness, where else will he go that gives the same wages, exposure and promotion as United does? I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t want to leave.

Brophs

The One and Only
No man has ever been less of a Jacob than him.

Devil You Know

Is it just me who thinks that if only Harry moved to a smaller club with less pressure and a fresh start, he will actually turn pretty decent again?
No, not just you. He's been a good player in the past and is still a good player at international level. But the memes and fan toxicity have ruined his confidence in a United shirt.

I don't think there's any way back for him at Old Trafford, but there is a way back to him salvaging his career.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Nope, a confidence Maguire to me is one of the best and most confident centre backs out there. He's been collosal for England in recent years as well and started very well for us.

He's far better than he has shown the last two years. But he needs to go.

AbusementPark

yes he’s been used a fair amount and keeps posting images of him in the new kit. In fairness, where else will he go that gives the same wages, exposure and promotion as United does? I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he doesn’t want to leave.
Yeah can’t see him leaving of his own accord, will need to be dragged out kicking and screaming. I can see why Bale done it Madrid because he won everything but for Maguire he won’t play enough for winners medals.

GBBQ

No, not just you. He's been a good player in the past and is still a good player at international level. But the memes and fan toxicity have ruined his confidence in a United shirt.

I don't think there's any way back for him at Old Trafford, but there is a way back to him salvaging his career.
He’s the captain of Manchester United though. Do you think Keane, Cantona, Robson or Rooney would lose confidence in their own ability because fans are having a go.

He’s a decent player and he seems like a decent person but he’s out of his depth at United.

Bobski

The phrase "salvaging his career" shows how far the memeification of him has gone. They guy is still an easy starter for England (and performing reasonably well) and at worst is still an above average PL CB. Never the player for Utd but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Goes to a Spurs/Newcastle and 2 months later it will be he just needed a change of scenery.

Devil You Know

He’s the captain of Manchester United though. Do you think Keane, Cantona, Robson or Rooney would lose confidence in their own ability because fans are having a go.

He’s a decent player and he seems like a decent person but he’s out of his depth at United.
No. But Maguire did. That's the reality we're dealing with, and both player and club need to move on.

Devil You Know

The phrase "salvaging his career" shows how far the memeification of him has gone. They guy is still an easy starter for England (and performing reasonably well) and at worst is still an above average PL CB. Never the player for Utd but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Goes to a Spurs/Newcastle and 2 months later it will be he just needed a change of scenery.
Yeah, I've really hated the way our own fans have delighted in leading that memeification. Not only has it hurt us on the pitch by making Maguire question himself constantly, it's also hurt us off the pitch by affecting his transfer value. Once he became the butt of the joke in the Ghanaian parliament, there's no way he was going to be taken seriously again.

Bobski

Yeah, I've really hated the way our own fans have delighted in leading that memeification. Not only has it hurt us on the pitch by making Maguire question himself constantly, it's also hurt us off the pitch by affecting his transfer value. Once he became the butt of the joke in the Ghanaian parliament, there's no way he was going to be taken seriously again.
Smalling had the same thing to a lesser extent, but has gone on to be low key one of the most successful English exports.

It can change very quickly, social media creates sheep.

klsv

I know it's easy to think he's stupid but I don't think he's as clueless as some think. He knows he's been shit and that's why he lost confidence, not by reading Caf and Twitter. United fans home and away don't hurl abuse at him, doubt he has much time for social media.

CallyRed

Shame he doesn't use Jacob as his first name. Would have liked the cracker pun's.

ForeverRed1

Yeah can’t see him leaving of his own accord, will need to be dragged out kicking and screaming. I can see why Bale done it Madrid because he won everything but for Maguire he won’t play enough for winners medals.
The only way I think he’d have to move from his own stand point is if Southgate drops him due to no game time.. that could be a game changer.

AbusementPark

The only way I think he’d have to move from his own stand point is if Southgate drops him due to no game time.. that could be a game changer.
Yeah Southgate has told players previously if they don’t play regularly then no international but it doesn’t seem to apply to Maguire

Kaos

Yeah Southgate has told players previously if they don’t play regularly then no international but it doesn’t seem to apply to Maguire
Yeah, it's why I was hoping England would bin Southgate. That and the fact he seems to unfairly single out players like Rashford for criticism.

Blood Mage

Him and Sancho, arguably our two worst signings ever. Going to be tough to shift him.

RedOrange

Redcafe during the season: Maguire is useless

Redcafe during the transfer window: We should be able to get £30 million for Maguire

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He looks so much like jarred from Silicon Valley