Harvey Elliott

Gopher Brown

I know he’s only 16 but he has a really dislikable quality to him. Maybe it’s the beard, hair and shaved eyebrows.

Earn your silly beard and haircut!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not seen much of him. What's making him look so special at the moment in your opinion and what gives you the feeling he is a top player and gem?
His ability to just glide through defence, it's quite a rare quality that only the elite bracket of players end up able to do. It's probably the same quality that made many rate Angel Gomes so highly (Messi comparisons) from when he was 13. He also has that typical scouse graft that the likes of Rooney and Gerrard had, always wants the ball and wants to make the difference. He has that low sense of gravity and seems to be able to wriggle out of any tight situation and is looking productive at youth level. It's clear Klopp rates him highly.

It's a shame he's a bit of a fecking weirdo. He made this video about Harry Kane and got banned for 2 weeks. But he's young I guess, even our Greenwood has been doing a lot of dodgy things.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly has the worst haircut I've ever seen. Other than that he's looking a good player.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reminds me a bit of McManaman in terms of his assured gliding ball control.

I've no idea of his ceiling though. Really hard to see how he will develop with this from such a young age. Will he interesting to see how he matures over the next three years. I think he could get some premier league action this season. Klopp is a fan.

GlennonTheGr8

I’m not a fan of that haircut at all but what I will say is, you have to be a confident and fearless lad to rock that as a professional footballer at such a young age. He obviously believes in his ability and has thick skin. These traits will be another reason he’ll go on to achieve magnificent things in the game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This is the lad who prompted Carragher to suggest moving TAA to right wing in the future isn't he?

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't overly impressed with this lad last night, but he is very young so understandable that he needs time to grow.

His positional play is very good, gets himself into space, but playing Arsenal and getting space isn't necessarily an achievement.

He'll get better but didn't show much to suggest he's going to be elite.

Curtis Jones and Neco Williams are bigger talents IMO, along with Saka and Martinelli for Arsenal.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This is the lad who prompted Carragher to suggest moving TAA to right wing in the future isn't he?
That would be williams, I think, who is a rightback.

Elliot is a forward.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
His ability to just glide through defence, it's quite a rare quality that only the elite bracket of players end up able to do. It's probably the same quality that made many rate Angel Gomes so highly (Messi comparisons) from when he was 13. He also has that typical scouse graft that the likes of Rooney and Gerrard had, always wants the ball and wants to make the difference. He has that low sense of gravity and seems to be able to wriggle out of any tight situation and is looking productive at youth level. It's clear Klopp rates him highly.

It's a shame he's a bit of a fecking weirdo. He made this video about Harry Kane and got banned for 2 weeks. But he's young I guess, even our Greenwood has been doing a lot of dodgy things.

That's awful tbh, fellow professionals shouldn't even mock eachother as banter (when i say banter i mean mocking any on pitch misfortune the way fans do, ala Gerrard's slip) let alone like that.

poleglass red

"Typical scouse graft" - isn't he from down south.

Kag

The sort of lad that looks like he boasts about his ability to remember all of the lyrics to an Eminem song.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
His ability to read the game and move to advantageous position are years ahead of his actual age.
Seen many more senior players with worse movement than him.
His technique, pace and crossing are decent.
There's no rush for him to be the next Sancho.
He can allow his physical growth to catch up, avoid injuries associated with early burnout, he's only 16 afterall.
He's a slight fellow but with correct training, he'll develop strength to play the league.
TAA used to be scrawny kid when he broke out but now he's bulked up nicely.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
I thought he was excellent against Arsenal, considering his age (16!!!). Not afraid to get the ball and run into space, and also attempted a few crosses on his weaker foot. His crossing is not bad, albeit they ended up safely in the arms of the keeper, but at least they stayed in the box. Won a penalty as well.

Can see him getting a few cameos in the league here and there, especially with the upcoming fixture pile up. Plus dead rubber CL group games (if we have that luxury) and of course cup games.

To those saying he should've stayed at Fulham to get regular weekly football, I think its unwise for someone so young to carry thay sort of burden. His birthday is in April which means the lad will be 17 throughout NEXT season. He's got plenty of time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

He’s not scouse

Walters_19_MuFc

Is he the idiot that said something about Kane?

Looks like a complete knob and seems to act like one too.

Watched him the other day. Nothing special!

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't overly impressed with this lad last night, but he is very young so understandable that he needs time to grow.

His positional play is very good, gets himself into space, but playing Arsenal and getting space isn't necessarily an achievement.

He'll get better but didn't show much to suggest he's going to be elite.

Curtis Jones and Neco Williams are bigger talents IMO, along with Saka and Martinelli for Arsenal.
He literally turned 16 like half a year ago...

In Rainbows

Not seen much of him. What's making him look so special at the moment in your opinion and what gives you the feeling he is a top player and gem?
He's one of the highest rated players from a very gifted 2003 born English generation along with Bellingham, Musiala, and Barry. It would be like if we snapped up Jadon Sancho in 2015 like City did. Not saying he's the next Sancho. Just that just like Angel Gomes, Sancho, and Foden were the top players of the gifted 2000 born English generation, so to is Elliot to his year of birth.

Or better yet, it would be like how we just snapped up Hannibal Mejbri. Doesn't mean we're guaranteed a star, but we did snap up one of the best talents from that generation to plug into our academy.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Already learning how to dive from the senior Liverpool players.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
He's only young, he'll grow out of these juvenile shenanigans.

Either he heeds to Klopp's words or he'll find himself out of the door soon, like Sakho.
No messing about with the German.
Elliott is in a good place, getting involved with Europen champion 1st team and learning from Mane and Salah.

I don't think he's that dumb to ruin this opportunity.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
He's one of the highest rated players from a very gifted 2003 born English generation along with Bellingham, Musiala, and Barry. It would be like if we snapped up Jadon Sancho in 2015 like City did. Not saying he's the next Sancho. Just that just like Angel Gomes, Sancho, and Foden were the top players of the gifted 2000 born English generation, so to is Elliot to his year of birth.

Or better yet, it would be like how we just snapped up Hannibal Mejbri. Doesn't mean we're guaranteed a star, but we did snap up one of the best talents from that generation to plug into our academy.
Haven't seen Mejbri. Since both are the same age, who would you rate higher? Or rather more advanced in their development.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal

I could name at least 10 better talents from 2000 with a higher ceiling that Angel Gomes.