Has Anything Changed or Will City/ Chelsea Still Dominate?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The big financial players will still be the top dogs next season.
City have the funds to dominate for years, Chelsea not far behind

So much for saying that they have saved domestic football. It returns right back to the status quo.
What are the governing bodies going to do about that?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nothing has changed except for strangling a stupid football tournament at birth. Why would you expect anything else to change?

The “saved domestic football” thing is true because at least all the clubs will have something to play for. Imagine the rest of this season where CL places don’t matter. Would have been utterly pointless. As it is, there’s still lots to look forward to. Which is good.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No guarantees that they won’t be up there again with the money they can throw at transfers
No guarantees that they will either though. Utd have also had enough money to throw at players and haven't come close in the last half decade either.

Don't think this whole ESL thing has changed anything. Chelsea could very well be there or thereabouts next season yeah but so could United and Liverpool, alongside with City of course.

Pep's Suit

Football needs salary and transfer fee caps. It's absolutely ridiculous how much is spend on footballers these days, wages need to drop by 20-30% at least. But of course when Real and Barca were winning everything they didn't care, now they have 1B debts and want others to save them. Hilarious.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Nope, nothing will change. Didn't you see the UEFA president's statement on city? He was 'delighted' to welcome city back to the footballing family. The oil merchants will carry on pumping unlimited state money into their clubs, buying whoever they want.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nope, nothing will change. Didn't you see the UEFA president's statement on city? He was 'delighted' to welcome city back to the footballing family. The oil merchants will carry on pumping unlimited state money into their clubs, buying whoever they want.
I was disappointed but not in the least bit shocked at that

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Chelsea dominating? Much mire accurate to say city/liverpool given last 2 seasons.

Born2Lose

Shows the reactionary nature of this place that a year ago it would be City/Liverpool and suddenly it's Chelsea/City who'll dominate for the next 5 years. I wonder who it'll be next year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea have long stopped their mid 2000s levels of relative spending.
I think people forget that they sold Hazard for a huge figure, and then had a transfer ban for a year or so.

Last year's high spend was the result of that, rather than a show of regular spend.
Similar to Liverpool when they went ape on Allison and VD after the Coutinho sale.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shows the reactionary nature of this place that a year ago it would be City/Liverpool and suddenly it's Chelsea/City who'll dominate for the next 5 years. I wonder who it'll be next year.
If we ever win the league again you can imagine the "we'll dominate" threads.

NoLogo

Football needs salary and transfer fee caps. It's absolutely ridiculous how much is spend on footballers these days, wages need to drop by 20-30% at least. But of course when Real and Barca were winning everything they didn't care, now they have 1B debts and want others to save them. Hilarious.
I agree the debt is ridiculous but I feel better the money goes to the players than the team owners. But why not introduce a cap, let's say no team can pay more than 50% of it's revenue to players. I think establishing this rule would go a long way in limiting the amount of debt that teams acquire.

Mindhunter

Add Newcastle to the list of the Saudi sale goes through. If we don’t play our cards right, we will be the next Arsenal in a few years time.

If FFP isn’t strictly enforced then we won’t even make it to the CL regularly in the future. At least we saved football.

Tallis

Add Newcastle to the list of the Saudi sale goes through. If we don’t play our cards right, we will be the next Arsenal in a few years time.

If FFP isn’t strictly enforced then we won’t even make it to the CL regularly in the future. At least we saved football.
Don’t play our cards right ? As in, join a super league ?

Mindhunter

Don’t play our cards right ? As in, join a super league ?
That’s one way. Although it’s extreme but it is definitely one option but with relegation and qualification and heavy fines for breaking FFP.

If the CL format doesn’t change soon to weed out financial doping the club will lose tough with new fans who would start supporting the clubs the top players play for.