Has anything ever tested your love for football...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We fecking won you idiots.. Whining about wanting to be entertained sounds to me that those people use "safe spaces" and stuff like that..

We battled, saw some good play from time to time and battled all kind of injuries throughout. You want to be entertained, go feck yourself. This is football.
I think people forget the runs in are often sh!t football..and the result is all that matters.

We didn't play entertaining footy for most of the season, so to expect it now, or seem even slightly surprised there isn't any is bizarre.

Irrational.

This period reminds me of 2003-2005 when Chelsea arrived and dominated everything. We played some dull stuff, but the potential is there. With a semi-competent manager that gives the players freedom we'll be just fine.
I hope.

marlowe78

This is worse than Moyes because at least with him you knew he was out of his depth and it's all be over soon. The club actually seems to be happy with the job LVG is doing.
That's really the thing. When Moyes was managing us, you at least had faith that the club would eventually sack him. The situation right now is completely ridiculous. We could expect some rough times with SAF leaving but we only seem to be going backwards and when we win, the fans are just as angry as when we lose or draw. Every performance, statistic, and underachieving player points to LVG getting sacked yet he seems to be entrenched in the job. How can you not despair when you see this going on?

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Wish there were forums around when I watched us get relegated, would have been hilarious reading

Needham

We fecking won you idiots.. Whining about wanting to be entertained sounds to me that those people use "safe spaces" and stuff like that..

We battled, saw some good play from time to time and battled all kind of injuries throughout. You want to be entertained, go feck yourself. This is football.
That certainly would be great entertainment.

Sylar

Not even just United performances, but the whole cost of going to football games is really testing.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing could make me question my love for football, or for United. If one day we're in the Conference then I'll still be along for the ride.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
At least Liverpool aren't winning everything. The 70s and 80s were the worst for me.

Don't get me wrong, this is excruciating to watch, but I'm a bit more zen about the whole thing. Reading hysterical posts about this being the end of Manchester United as we know it is a fun distraction.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

So much of contradiction with those 2 sentences. I guess Leicester don't play football then. Or we didn't during Fergie's era. Or Dortmund with Klopp. Or even Wenger's Arsenal. They must have all been playing golf.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Mike Ashley

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Bristol Rovers have just got promotion (90th minute winner). feck football.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Nothing could make me question my love for football, or for United. If one day we're in the Conference then I'll still be along for the ride.
I'll be along for that ride, but wouldn't watch a minute of football if VG is in charge next season.

Lord-Rataxes

The fact that any robust tackle is now mainly seen as a foul, and the player on the receiving end rolling around as if it's a career ender really pisses me off.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

If you're being serious, this the stupidest fecking post I've ever seen on here. Some achievement. Tell matchgoing fans to go feck themselves, spending money to support the club and in return wanting some entertainment. You're the idiot here.

Esquire

Sir Matt Busby, SAF and a bunch of United legends would beg to differ with you on that one. But what do they know. They need to feck themselves right.

DocRockter

Sir Matt Busby, SAF and a bunch of United legends would beg to differ with you on that one. But what do they know. They need to feck themselves right.
Go ask Sir Alex would he had taken 1-0 over Barca in London or in Rome..

Mainoldo

Moyes flat four four two was terrible but LVG spaghetti junction football is just as bad... Hopefully like Moyes he is sacked in the next 2 weeks.

LInkash

Just supporting vicariously through Leicester now, feels great :nervous:

mark_a

I still love United & football, it's testing my attention and my patience.

I remember as kid supporting Sexton's United and Big Ron's United. Things were different then though, as we weren't coming off a really golden period.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Go ask Sir Alex would he had taken 1-0 over Barca in London or in Rome..
What's that got to do with anything? Would he have accepted these dire performances/results/league standings/tactics week in week out? No. You have no point.

Even when we all complained of 'zombie passing' in the last few years of Fergie, it was nothing like this.

Esquire

What's that got to do with anything? Would he have accepted these dire performances/results/league standings/tactics week in week out? No. You have no point.

Even when we all complained of 'zombie passing' in the last few years of Fergie, it was nothing like this.
He's either WUM-ing or is an LVG zombie. Best just give him a one liner and leave him be.

DocRockter

"Yay, boo, Yay, boo / It's lot's a fun to do"
"If ya like it, holla yay / If ya don't, ya holla boo

We won so I'm satisfied. Tomorrow if Arse take anything out of the City game I'm actually over the bloody moon that we didn't go for 4-4 today..
EDIT: In the name of entertainment..

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I honestly don't think that many people here just like watching football.

Every game on the football forums "what a shit game"

I said at the start of the season that teams like City and Arsenal will play well about 8/9 games a season. Today was no different than the Arsenal game last week against Norwich. There's some absolutely tumescent games every year, we have had some more than normal but often football games are like that. We still won away from home with a relatively late winner.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I honestly don't think that many people here just like watching football.

Every game on the football forums "what a shit game"

I said at the start of the season that teams like City and Arsenal will play well about 8/9 games a season. Today was no different than the Arsenal game last week against Norwich. There's some absolutely tumescent games every year, we have had some more than normal but often football games are like that. We still won away from home with a relatively late winner.
:lol:
Had a season ticket to Pullis in div 4 games before, Uniteds football this year has felt worse, all while having the luxory of investing 200 odd mill in the last few years.

hobbers

My love is tested every time Valencia gets the ball in the opponents half. Every time we take a short corner that will inevitably lead to a counterattack. Every time Depay steps up to take a free kick.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
:lol:
Had a season ticket to Pullis in div 4 games before, Uniteds football this year has felt worse, all while having the luxory of investing 200 odd mill in the last few years.
We haven't invested that much. We've spent about 250 million while recouping over 100 million, slashing our wage bill and getting rid of most of our players.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
We haven't invested that much. We've spent about 250 million while recouping over 100 million, slashing our wage bill and getting rid of most of our players.
:lol: Okay mate, that net spend, very scouse, Here's the reality, we've had the opportunity to pick and choose from amongst the cream of world football.
and the result is the least enjoyable brand of football i've ever seen, week in, week out.

grahamo

Wish there were forums around when I watched us get relegated, would have been hilarious reading
Agree. I was very young but remember us getting relegated. Horrible feeling. The following season was one of my favourite seasons ever as a United fan. Atmosphere was amazing at every game with Bigger crowds than any of the division 1 matches.