Has ETH lost the dressing room…?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Whether you think he’s good enough or not, do you think ETH has lost the dressing room?

If so, why, and how has he lost them so early in a campaign following on from a trophy and 3rd place finish?

Was it his transfers in the Summer?

The players must know that the club is falling apart due to the wretched ‘ownership’ of the Glazers.

It seems an odd time to lose the dressing room.

Pronewbie

Peep
They are definitely trying in this match but it appears that we have either not prepared sufficiently for the season, or our game plan is incredibly flawed. I think both. But we still need to revolt and throw out the Glazers and co.

The Sancho drama perhaps. How we went about with de Gea?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If he has lost players, then he shouldn't be playing them. Simple as.

arthurka

Who gives a shit this dressing room is toxic beyond any managers capability. The ones that are supposed to run this club better get ready to back the manager.

El-Manos

Probably but so has every manager so far. There appears to be a reoccurring issue…

Manncunian

Yes.

Seeing your good friend and club legend booted out the door to make way for what must be the worst signing in the history of the club is going to have a very serious and severe impact.

Had Onana been excellent, any doubts would have been put to bed and they’d have realised it was the right decision.

But seeing game after game the calamitous errors, you’d be thinking “we got rid of Dave for this joker?”

I honestly think that’s the catalyst. Even against Galatasary we were trying and could have won. But today we look lost and like we don’t even want to win. That Onana mistake will be the end of ETH.

And to those who are claiming we look like we’re trying, what the feck are you watching. 5 minutes of effort at the end doesn’t count.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They are definitely trying in this match but it appears that we have either not prepared sufficiently for the season, or our game plan is incredibly flawed. I think both. But we still need to revolt and throw out the Glazers and co.
How can you not prepare enough for the season? They do it every year and should know what it takes

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Sancho drama perhaps. How we went about with de Gea?
I remember seeing tweets that De Gea was a big player favourite in the dressing room. Onana’s horrific start + the Sancho stuff + us consistently losing matches = easy to lose faith from the players you’re meant to be coaching

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Whether you think he’s good enough or not, do you think ETH has lost the dressing room?

If so, why, and how has he lost them so early in a campaign following on from a trophy and 3rd place finish?

Was it his transfers in the Summer?

The players must know that the club is falling apart due to the wretched ‘ownership’ of the Glazers.

It seems an odd time to lose the dressing room.
Because last season wasn’t as good as people think. He lucked into a minor cup win with the easiest draw in history and failed to get a single win away from home against the top 9 I think.

just because Rashford carried us for a spell people here became convinced he was the second coming.

I’m tired of just borrowing other clubs’ managers and wish we’d actually become a real football club that develops their own style of play and coaches rather than just poach the most hyped name available and keep expecting things to improve.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No. Not only because the players are trying but also because the issue is very obvious, we are tactically all over the place and on top of that we have had a fair amount of key injuries.

Zen

Two players he's tried his best to lose have just saved his job. Probably time he brings back Sancho to be fair.

Pronewbie

Peep
How can you not prepare enough for the season? They do it every year and should know what it takes
Our preseason schedule was wretched and obviously based on commercial greed. I cannot imagine the players being well drilled with all the travelling and splitting of Team A and B so regularly. Possibly the coaching team's fault for a poor prep. Ten Hag should have rejected the schedule.

Ignoring whether we think the transfers were correct, key players like Hoijlund and Amrabat brought in too late.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Our preseason schedule was wretched and obviously based on commercial greed. I cannot imagine the players being well drilled with all the travelling and splitting of Team A and B so regularly. Possibly the coaching team's fault for a poor prep. Ten Hag should have rejected the schedule.

Ignoring whether we think the transfers were correct, key players like Hoijlund and Amrabat brought in too late.
Agreed, but at the same time this happens every summer

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They've downed tools since winning a trophy, these players think having a medal means they've made it, Case and Varane tried for a little, but are probably past trying to instill a sense of ambition in the rest of the players.

We should stop handing out world class money for 6 months of decent form too, that Fernandes extension was one of the dumbest ones since Bailly/Jones.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know, I doubt he's lost everyone. But its quite clear something isn't clicking, something isn't working. There's something not right when you watch us.

Red Rash

I don't know, I doubt he's lost everyone. But its quite clear something isn't clicking, something isn't working. There's something not right when you watch us.
The truth is a lot of the players are not as good as their transfer fees and salaries would suggest.

m1tch

I'm sure he has, but so would any new manager after a brief honeymoon period.

What's surprising is that EtH seems not to be able to see it, you'd expect if he could then he'd act upon it and we'd see more changes to the side.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah, at the very least this is how I feel.

Just based on the effort we saw last season - something is up in the dressing room. But as I said, it’s odd for this to occur so early in a season when the previous season was (relatively) successful.

IRELANDUNITED

I’m certain this has been discussed numerous times on other forums but set up a new one if you wish, fair enough.

My answer to the question would be no, I don’t think he has. Why would a team give up on a manager after a few bad results? Last year was pretty good, we got 3rd in the league, won a trophy and got to the final or another. In terms of expectations I’d say we came away with a good 8/10 for what we could have expected.

So my question to anyone who thinks he’s lost the dressing room would be, why do you think that? A huge number of the players in the squad are ten Hag players, players that choose to come here when they didn’t have to. Casemiro left European Champions Real Madrid to come to Old Trafford, Antony went on strike to force a move here, Martinez rejected Arsenal and told ten Hag he would follow him wherever he went, Mount rejected Liverpool, Arsenal and a new contract at Chelsea to come here, Amrabat had several offers from around Europe (including Liverpool) but trained on his own at Forentina to force through a move to Old Trafford, Hojlund simply couldn’t wait to sign as soon as he knew we were interested, Onana happily left the European finalist to join ten Hag. So why would these and the rest of the dressing room stop playing for ten Hag after a few poor results? It makes no logical sense.

This result will be a turning point.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not yet but he hasn't helped himself. Not very many games this season where he hasn't made big errors, which is not killer in itself, but then he's not (publicly at least) taken any responsibility it, which then makes the Sancho thing a problem.

He's turfed De Gea out and then his chosen replacement has cost the team games. He's spent £50m on Mount and then picks him in midfield and leaves the team too open, and to make it worse the only time our midfield looks OK is when Eriksen is on the pitch.

Apart from after going 3 down vs Brighton I've not seen players throwing in the towel yet, so I think they're still on board, but he needs to get them believing in what they're doing again because that part is definitely gone.

frostbite

Yes.

He disrespected Ronaldo.
He spit on De Gea, embarrassing the whole club that made the offer that was accepted by the player.
He told the press that Sancho is not training well.
He played his favorites Wout and Antony while they did not perform well.
He sold Fred who was always trying hard. This is inconsistent if we assume he is playing Antony because Antony is trying hard.
He replaced De Gea with his guy, who is actually worse.
He told the press that the whole club is not up to standards. But the guys he bought with 400 million are average at best.
Extremely strong odor of nepotism, buying average guys who played for him before.

These are just the few things that we know about, but actually these are much more than what we had with any other manager in just 12 months. I assume there are many more incidents that we know nothing about.

frostbite

Well, I think that Ronaldo is a narcissist, but did not have public feuds with his other managers.

It is quite possible that ETH is also a narcissist himself and becoming the manager of Man Utd, made him believe that he is accomplished like Pep. It is not just one incident or two.

Tyrion

Two players he's tried his best to lose have just saved his job. Probably time he brings back Sancho to be fair.
Bringing Sancho back would be a terrible idea. He's done nothing for us in past appearances and disrespected the manager.

iTs tHe plAyers
Well it is.

Yes.

He disrespected Ronaldo.
The other players hated Ronaldo and improved as soon as he was out of the team.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's Brentford

We're at home

The team that finished the match is a young and hungry team.

MCT is crap, but his passion and work rate i dont think is ever questioned.

Great result but we're far from turning corner. Let's see where we are next match

Tyrion

It's Brentford

We're at home

The team that finished the match is a young and hungry team.

MCT is crap, but his passion and work rate i dont think is ever questioned.

Great result but we're far from turning corner. Let's see where we are next match
I agree on McT. I think having players whose main trait is hard work is good for the whole squad. It forces everyone else to up their game. We always had players like Fletcher and Ji Sung Park under SAF because he respected the work rate. I'd rather 11 hard workers than 11 lazier but more talented players.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Yes.

He disrespected Ronaldo.
He spit on De Gea, embarrassing the whole club that made the offer that was accepted by the player.
He told the press that Sancho is not training well.
He played his favorites Wout and Antony while they did not perform well.
He sold Fred who was always trying hard. This is inconsistent if we assume he is playing Antony because Antony is trying hard.
He replaced De Gea with his guy, who is actually worse.
He told the press that the whole club is not up to standards. But the guys he bought with 400 million are average at best.
Extremely strong odor of nepotism, buying average guys who played for him before.

These are just the few things that we know about, but actually these are much more than what we had with any other manager in just 12 months. I assume there are many more incidents that we know nothing about.
Apart from some made up imaginary points like nepotism, i dont see much wrong in what you have mentioned that ETH has allegedly done.

Managers at Top club take tough decisions.