Has football created too much artificial jeopardy?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I suppose this is more a PL thing and *in before people accuse me of Everton bias* (;)) but with point deductions for PSR/FFP issues, PSR being a thing in the first place, VAR and those issues, overinflated stoppage times etc. now within the football world, is football better for it?

It feels like there are so many aspects of the game now that have been created and are directly impacting the title, promotion, European qualification and relegation.

GazTheLegend

I suppose this is more a PL thing and *in before people accuse me of Everton bias* (;)) but with point deductions for PSR/FFP issues, PSR being a thing in the first place, VAR and those issues, overinflated stoppage times etc. now within the football world, is football better for it?

It feels like there are so many aspects of the game now that have been created and are directly impacting the title, promotion, European qualification and relegation.
  1. Football should be better for it - a working VAR system, fair stoppage time, and points deductions for running a club dangerously sound like a great idea except...
  2. The implementation of all of these things have been a shambles. Lack of transparency, lack of consistency, and lack of rationale and reason.
  3. It's made me hate football with a passion, if Man City get away with no punishment and Forest and Everton end up relegated because of theirs, I think I'm mentally done with it. I don't watch anyone except Man Utd and the lower league teams now.