Has Garnacho surpassed Januzaj already?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Since Januzaj failed at ManUtd, it's easy to playdown his talent. He was very good talent, shame he made lot of wrong moves in his career or wasn't disciplined enough.

Hughie77

Garnacho frightens the living daylights out of Defenders his first thought is forward he's getting older stronger I love this kid.. can still see him in and out of the side again this season, although he should get more game time than last season..

Nick7

No. Comparable first seasons. Anyone saying differently is mad tbh. Adnan’s first season was incredibly exciting.

mancan92

You have to laugh at people saying Adnan wasn't as exciting. He was incredibly exciting everytime he got the ball you felt something was going to happen

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Januzaj may have played more matches than Garnacho but he never got me off my seat like Garnacho have done many times already only i a handful games.
He never got you off your seat? Wild

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That's because he was that kind of player in the youth ranks. Moyes and the coaching set up tried to turn him into a Giggs type player. His decision making from that point on suffered. He became a 1 trick pony which was to dribble, and he didn't have the pace for that.

Anyone that watched him in the youth ranks, would liken him to a Zidane type playstyle (No not as skilled or as much potential or anything resembling the greatness of Zidane. Just the playstyle). Players of that ilk that although slow, made great decisions, and used their great skills to tip the scale towards their side's favor. I remember him playing as a striker, and all he did was use his great first touch and ability to bring others into play that allowed United to beat Spurs in the u21 finals.

It's a shame that United tried to change his natural play style, and along with giving him the pressure of being a young star, allowed his attitude to change from what used to be praised as a hardworking quite boy. It's partly his fault of course, but I don't think he was done any favors.

Another early performance from him in the League cup.

Great through ball from januzaj against Spurs. Kind of passes he was capable of at youth level.
Januzaj was class. Garnacho also. Very exciting player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You have to laugh at people saying Adnan wasn't as exciting. He was incredibly exciting everytime he got the ball you felt something was going to happen
I mean, he was pretty much one of the main highlights of that awful 2013/2014 season under Moyes.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I notice this thread wasn’t bumped as the difference between being a sub and a starter, carrying genuine weight of expectation distinguished itself.

Perhaps the sense of perspective given will cause food for thought.

Let’s see if the manager gives Garnacho consecutive starts or whether he’ll be deemed an impact player for the foreseeable.

Red 142

I notice this thread wasn’t bumped as the difference between being a sub and a starter, carrying genuine weight of expectation distinguished itself.

Perhaps the sense of perspective given will cause food for thought.

Let’s see if the manager gives Garnacho consecutive starts or whether he’ll be deemed an impact player for the foreseeable.
The whole team was so terrible and off the pace yesterday I don't think you can draw many conclusions from it, aside from it being two seasons in a row Ten Hag has sent the team out on the first day lacking in fitness and sharpness.

If you'd base everything from just yesterday (or first game vs Brighton last season) you'd say that most Utd's players aren't worthy of starting, but that's just false.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The whole team was so terrible and off the pace yesterday I don't think you can draw many conclusions from it, aside from it being two seasons in a row Ten Hag has sent the team out on the first day lacking in fitness and sharpness.

If you'd base everything from just yesterday (or first game vs Brighton last season) you'd say that most Utd's players aren't worthy of starting, but that's just false.
You can observe a winger in isolation still and he was given the job of spearhead and outlet ball from the outset before we had to change it up because he was flubbing everything. The team looked terrible, but a lot of them will be rolled out again whilst others might not. That will be interesting to observe who is and is not on the chopping block.