Has it sunk in yet?

T2000

That we are in this position?
Top of the league, semi's of the European and the FA cup.

For me it feels strange. I still can't believe it. I feel giddy almost all the time. Anyone feel the same?

Bread

We were in exactly this position a couple of years ago so i'm not counting the chickens yet, but does seem insane!

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Yes.

We've not won anything yet, so it's difficult to say that I can't come to terms with all this.

Commadus

As long as we win the Prem I would be happy anything more is a bonus. The past decade has made us drunk on success - its as if we expect titles every year. Winning the EPL for me is always the ultimate achievement because as Liverpool showed in 2005 the CL has been debased somewhat.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We were in exactly this position a couple of years ago so i'm not counting the chickens yet, but does seem insane!
No we weren't. We progressed to the semis of the cl this time.

Northstand

No we weren't. We progressed to the semis of the cl this time.
We were in the semis a couple of years ago too
I think the confusion here is that a couple of years ago we were indeed in the CL final and looking good for the PL, but the treble we were going for that year included the Carling Cup (which had already been won in the March) rather than the FA Cup. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might well be) but I think this could be the first time we've still been involved in three "live" competitions at this stage since 1999.

Zen

Why should it feel strange.....we've become accustomed to this. If it wasn't for a silly red...we'd have 4 finals in a row with a SF prior to that. With cup runs scattered in all of those seasons.

Oh yeah, because we "are awful and Chelsea far superior". BOOM

68-99-08

We were still in the FA Cup in the semi's in 2009. Everton dumped us out on pens if I recall correctly. Danny Welbeck was denied a stonewall pen. We were en route for a quintuple of some sort.

Cold_Boy

We haven't won anything yet.

And We are Manchester United.Fergie, players and fans would have been disappointed if we were not in such a position.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
We still have to beat Man City, Bolton/Stoke

We still have 6 games left in the league, one against Chelsea, one against Arsenal.

We have to play Schalke, and even if we beat them we're against Real Madrid or god forbid, Barcelona, the greatest club side in some time.

Don't be too cocky guys.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
11 games away from immortality.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God

We still have 6 games left in the league, one against Chelsea, one against Arsenal.

We have to play Schalke, and even if we beat them we're against Real Madrid or god forbid, Barcelona, the greatest club side in some time.
Exactly. Piece of cake.

T2000

Don't be too cocky guys.
I know, I'm just saying that I feel like we are on cloud 9. If I told you at the start of the season that we would atleast make it to the semi's of the 2 biggest tournaments and be in top spot in the league by mid April, then you would of laughed right in my face. I wouldn't blame you, I would do the same too. It's just unreal considering we didn't spend any of the Ronoldo money on big players and all the glazer shit that was going on at the start of the season.

Bread

I think the confusion here is that a couple of years ago we were indeed in the CL final and looking good for the PL, but the treble we were going for that year included the Carling Cup (which had already been won in the March) rather than the FA Cup. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might well be) but I think this could be the first time we've still been involved in three "live" competitions at this stage since 1999.
Nope 2009

Will have been top of the league or very close

semi's V everton

semi V arsenal

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Yes we all are proud but its not unbelievable or astonishing.

We are Manchester United as I said.
This is an unbelievably arrogant view.

"We are Manchester United" doesn't mean we have any right to be vying for a treble in April.

Indeed this hasn't been the case in most seasons.

Thankfully the players and Fergie will know that hardwork is required rather than simply expecting success.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
League is priority and if that's all we get I'm happy!

Anything else is a bonus.!

Cal?

CR7 fan
yes...and it is still a mountain to climb.

we have to win at least 8 of those games and perhaps draw the others?

a game at a time as Fergie and the team say.
We don't "need" to win anywhere near 8 games, 3 should do in the league (including Arsenal (A)), and then we can win on away goals or penalties in the cup games.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
This thread is embarrassing, we've won nowt yet

Stan Jefferson

This is an unbelievably arrogant view.

"We are Manchester United" doesn't mean we have any right to be vying for a treble in April.

Indeed this hasn't been the case in most seasons.

Thankfully the players and Fergie will know that hardwork is required rather than simply expecting success.
I don't think he said anything about what we deserve, what he said was we (manchester united) have been in this position a few times recently so its not really something that should astonish anyone to the extent some suggest. There's a wide margin between expecting success and being astonished when/if it comes.

T2000

This thread is embarrassing, we've won nowt yet
What's embarrassing about it? We are through to the semi's. A great achievement. It's not that we havnt won anything yet, it's about being in this position. Any other manager in all the teams in europe would give an arm and a leg to be where we are.

MarkC

I am just glad we are in this position and enjoying it while it lasts the chances of us winning two are good the chances of us winning three are slim. The team in 99 just clicked the whole season in a way the current team really hasn't. Get past Man City and we should have the League and FA Cup in the bag the CL is going to be the one we are going to need a lot of luck in. Not getting to carried away because as good as it feels to be still in the running it will count for feck all if we throw it all away.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
even the 99 Treble was only done in injury time...thats how hard it is to do it.

I am not going to set myself up for a huge disapointment.

enjoy every match and we seem to be playing such good football...so it is easy.

whatever happens I am so proud of the lads and the manager.

T2000

I am just glad we are in this position and enjoying it while it lasts the chances of us winning two are good the chances of us winning three are slim. The team in 99 just clicked the whole season in a way the current team really hasn't. Get past Man City and we should have the League and FA Cup in the bag the CL is going to be the one we are going to need a lot of luck in. Not getting to carried away because as good as it feels to be still in the running it will count for feck all if we throw it all away.
Spot on.