Has the reputation of Man Utd been damaged forever?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
The SL Project has shown that the "plastic clubs" are not those you may think ^^
Keep telling you bullsh*t about PSG, respect yourself and the other teams you don't even know the history.
The feck you on about? Make no mistake, if Qatar didn’t have a World Cup next year, psg would have been all over this shit like white on rice. Then winning the farmers league has zero credibility and this would potentially move them up the global ladder.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I still think UEFA should come down hard and ban all the clubs from europe for 3 years.

kick The remaining ones out this season too.
And lose 70% of the Tv viewership? I am sure the TV companies will be asking for rebates too.

No chance. Besides, why punish the players who had nothing to do with it?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think any club or group of clubs who appoint themselves as the elite of European football only to immediately fall apart like a drunken clown show have thoroughly earned whatever jibes, slagging and disrespect come their way.

I mean objectively speaking, if we hadn't been involved in this shit-show we would be absolutely burying the clubs who were. We wouldn't let distinctions between owners and the club put us off either.

That's what annoyed me about Klopp's whining about the Leeds t-shirts yesterday. At a certain point you just have to put your hands up and take what's coming to you and this is definitely one of those occasions. Other clubs are absolutely entitled to give the dipshit dozen a kicking.

ti vu

As long as Glazers still own the club, yes. Everyone now know the Glazers want more money. They may not get their way now, nor they would ever get something as grandeur as ESL; they would always try to exploit.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
And lose 70% of the Tv viewership? I am sure the TV companies will be asking for rebates too.

No chance. Besides, why punish the players who had nothing to do with it?
it’ll hit the owners hard in the pockets that’s why And hopefully they’ll leave.

hungrywing

No. Again, for years and years, middling-to-top-level executives have known how below-par Woodward/the Glazers are.

The 'average' fan who thinks/thought Woodward was a 'financial wizard' might worry. People 'in the know' in 'competing positions' are largely thinking 'Holy shit, if they actually get someone decent, MUFC will pretty much rocket straight back up to the top'.

EDIT: a thread like this is borne out of a lack of understanding regarding just how immensely incompetent Woodward is/was in terms of steering a football club, financial side or otherwise. (In terms of appeasing/stewarding for his JP Morgan masters, he did 'fine')

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think any club or group of clubs who appoint themselves as the elite of European football only to immediately fall apart like a drunken clown show have thoroughly earned whatever jibes, slagging and disrespect come their way.

I mean objectively speaking, if we hadn't been involved in this shit-show we would be absolutely burying the clubs who were. We wouldn't let distinctions between owners and the club put us off either.

That's what annoyed me about Klopp's whining about the Leeds t-shirts yesterday. At a certain point you just have to put your hands up and take what's coming to you and this is definitely one of those occasions. Other clubs are absolutely entitled to give the dipshit dozen a kicking.
You forget about the Big Five breakaway group in 1991/92. It was the same bunch minus Everton and you add Mn City and Chelsea. This attempt isn't new, only the group's international now. It wont be the last time that some serious changes will be proposed.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The Super League is not a reflection of Manchester United. it was a reflection of Glazer and Woodward. Any little bit of sympathy they may have had from some supporters will now be ruined. I can't picture anyone being neutral in their feelings about the ownership anymore. They've done damage they can't repair. Woodward saw the writing on the wall. Hopefully glazer sells now as well...

Abizzz

Please, Juve were relegated for cheating and it wasn't even mentioned in all these superleague conversations. This will be forgotten before the next transfer window opens.

ash_86

No. The entire attention was focused towards the owners and the administration and not at the club. Also since this idea collapsed very quickly we might have escaped from any permanent damage.

wolvored

I think the reputation has been damaged since the leeches took over. It started the very slow decline into the mediocrity we have today. We still had a respect from opposition fans on the pitch until Fergie left and then it fell off a cliff. The embarassment of the roof leaking was also another own goal that shouldnt have happened. At least we are getting shut of one problem and hopefully this review by the govt will bring in change to get rid of the others. In one perverse way this SL and its collapse might be a blessing in disguise.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
No, definitely not forever. This will blow over very soon I'd say. Too many clubs involved to actually be pissed longterm.

UDontMessWith24

The football world knows what these owners are which mitigates the PR damage. A blow to their reputation is like a blow to my credit score.