Has the reputation of Man Utd been damaged forever?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
100% as long as both Glazer and Ed remain in the club.

It will change if somehow the government can help us to kick them out though.

Offsideagain

Woodward should resign if he has an ounce of honour, so that means he won’t the idiot. We should increase the pressure on him and the Yanks to do one, in a peaceful way of course. No protests outside his house just outside the stadium and the London office.

LoneStar

This was the third attempt, to my knowledge, to form a so called super league, it seems to come around every 10 years or so but hopefully the ghastly Glazers will have been long gone by 2031 lol!
I'm hoping the government intervenes and makes the clubs majority fan owned, so the clubs have football interests over pocketing money, but this is more of a dream scenario.

Ixion

While the Glazers are at the club we will never be what we once were. They taint everything about us and ruin what we stand for.

Zlatans Knee

Not forever. People have short memories, but for the near future we will be seen by all other English clubs as a member of the dirty half-dozen

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think the more appropriate question is do you want Man Utd's reputation to be damaged by this forever?

Sadly, I think some supporters do.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Owners, managers, players all come and go. Man United is the fans through the generations. That’s the club.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The reputations of all six have been damaged for a long time.

Chelsea at the very least got the ball rolling by dropping out first.

Ourselves and Liverpool are the most damaged because more is expected of us. Anyone who doesn’t drop out tonight is in the shit.

RUCK4444

I think the more appropriate question is do you want Man Utd's reputation to be damaged by this forever?

Sadly, I think some supporters do.
Wouldn’t surprise me, some of our fans here are the most self loathing fans you will come across.

In answer to the OP, not really. United have greedy owners, in other news water is wet.

GBBQ

Yes, it will forever be used as a stick to beat us with.

Chelsea and City will have the caveat of being the clubs who quickly came to their senses. Us, Liverpool and the other two non-entities will be the putrid little rats who clung on for the money.
there’s no caveat here. The intention was there for all 12 clubs and those two being a little quicker out of the blocks in stepping away isn’t any kind of mitigation.

All teams should be ashamed but it will blow over. Most football fans have short memories.

Enigma_87

You know who
Absolutely yes, until the whole board and owners are changed. Just Woodward would never clean the mess.

justsomebloke

I'm a bit surprised at this universal conviction everyone will hold this solely against the Glazers, and that it won't affect the reputation of the club at all. I don't think non-United fans will necessarily make such a sharp distinction between the club and its owners. Especially not after there's been significantly more visible negative responses from Klopp, Guardiola and Chelsea fans.

justsomebloke

SAF came out against it and three of our players were the highest profile ones to do so on social media. The Glazers aren’t now and will never be Manchester United. Now it’s time for working class hero Boris to kick them out.
I mean...really? "Working Class hero"? You know his background?

spiriticon

I believe so. You can be sure opposition fans will be singing chants about this for years to come.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
As long as the Glazers are associated with us, then yes.

They've shown their hand and failed.

Time's up.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This is now like that part in a movie where the antagonist realises he’s been an utter cnut and sacrifices himself to save those he’s spent the entire plot trying to destroy.

Reputation somewhat restored but it’s not over until the Glazers follow.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The owners but everyone knew that.I think other supporters will remember that when this idea came to light the majority of supporters of the ESL clubs staunchly opposed it.

AshRK

No, in fact it could be blessing in disguise and we may have our club back.

El Zoido

Damaged but not forever, the Glazers own the club but they are not the club. Unless the players, manager, and fans wanted this, it’s not forever damaged. We didn’t ask for this, we’ve been protesting these owners since the day they arrived.

United Hobbit

Think it was damaged when we wanted to join this thing, then damaged more when the plastic clubs have withdrawn before us....

I wonder if that's why Ed has resigned, he can pre empt a big hit to sponsorship

Paul_Scholes18

I feel cheated upon anyway. Not sure I can keep supporting the team at least not the same way anymore if we still got the Glaziers. At least no more Woodward.

The players deserve credit for standing up towards this though.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Nope, we'll still be the most watched team in the world.
The owners on the other hand...I expect a huge backlash even next season.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Glazers leave and we will rid of the taint. Simple.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes and No. I feel sorry for the players/managers at the big clubs who spoke out against the idea of the ESL. They don't deserve the abuse that they are going to get when fans are allowed back in stadiums. The board deserve as much booing as possible though.

GMoore23

Not in the slightest, The Glazers however have totally bolloxed themselves.

Giggsy13

I’ll take being in the doldrums and having our reputation go thru the gutter if the glazers sell. Then maybe we can have an owner who actually cares about the club and who could restore our reputation

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nope. Ed is leaving, hopefully his masters will follow too and we will rise like phoenix which we always do :cool:

Zen

Maybe, but maybe not. But one things for sure, as the face of the club, the United players, especially the English contingent continue to come through, Maguire and Shaw are getting reports that they truly fought their ground to a certain degree over this. Maguire may have his flaws as a player, but he's a great leader for the club.