Havana Syndrome | New links to Russia

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Email exchanges between CIA public affairs officers and Ken Dilanian, now an Associated Press intelligence reporter who previously covered the CIA for the Times, show that Dilanian enjoyed a closely collaborative relationship with the agency, explicitly promising positive news coverage and sometimes sending the press office entire story drafts for review prior to publication.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I am surprised with lack of @Wibble in this thread.
There doesn't seem to be any more evidence to date. Even of the original symptoms were real now that it is a thing the latest events could be partly or wholly psychosomatic. Or not.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There doesn't seem to be any more evidence to date. Even of the original symptoms were real now that it is a thing the latest events could be partly or wholly psychosomatic. Or not.
This thread is now fulfilled.

dal

Could this not be made up to pile pressure on Russia, I mean they do invade our seas regularly.

Brophs

The One and Only
Come on, people. Think. If this was the Russians then it’d be called something like Moscow Syndrome.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Recent article from the NYT from a couple of days ago. No clear explanation yet, some think stress, some think Russia.

WASHINGTON — For months, the C.I.A. and government scientists have been working to find a cause of the chronic ailments reported by intelligence officers and diplomats — but the health incidents, known as the Havana syndrome, remain as mysterious now as they were a year ago.

Intelligence officials have not found any hard evidence that points to a cause. There are no intelligence intercepts implicating an adversarial spy service. No one has detected microwaves, other readings of energy pulses or any other weapons that could be to blame.

Some officials say they remain convinced Russia is involved. And the C.I.A. director, William J. Burns, delivered a warning during his trip to Moscow this month: If Russia was found to be responsible, there would be consequences.

The trouble developing evidence shows the difficulty of the problem, and suggests that absent a big breakthrough — evidence of someone using a device or an informant telling the C.I.A. about what is afoot — getting answers will be a slow, frustrating and potentially contentious process, especially for those who have been afflicted.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/02/us/politics/havana-syndrome.html

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Exclusive: Dozens of CIA officers accuse intel agency of soft-pedaling its ‘Havana Syndrome’ investigation

WashingtonCNN —
As many as three dozen current and former CIA officers have gone to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees over the past year to raise concerns that a CIA task force has been soft-pedaling its investigation into a mysterious illness impacting agency officers and diplomats known colloquially as “Havana Syndrome,” sources tell CNN.

The sheer scope of the outreach to Capitol Hill, which has not been previously reported, exposes a growing frustration among victims that the intelligence community still hasn’t gotten to the bottom of a mysterious illness that first surfaced six years ago when a cluster of US government personnel stationed in the Cuban capital city began reporting symptoms consistent with head trauma, including dizziness and extreme headaches.

Similar symptoms have since presented in US personnel stationed around the world.

In a January interim report, the CIA determined that a majority of reported cases could be explained by known means. But about two dozen cases remain unexplained, which the government vaguely refers to as “anomalous health incidents.”

“There’s just no answer,” said one House Intelligence Committee member briefed on the CIA task force’s work. “They’ve done an immense amount of work, literally spreadsheeting every catastrophic set of symptoms down to the headache and there’s just nothing. None.”

Among the complaints lodged by CIA officers over the past year is that the agency task force isn’t doing enough to run down legitimate leads that might expose who or what is causing these strange episodes.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/05/...havana-syndrome-mysterious-illness/index.html

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Surely the CIA know all about messing with people's heads with electromagnetic energy from MKULTRA.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Damn, you're right. We should just shut down the forum, to be honest. We're all having opinions about stuff we don't know anything about, it's unconscionable.
Being certain about things with zero information or knowledge is what's daft, not having an opinion on it.

I think I'd be more inclined to believe the people in the CIA who are risking looking incapable of doing their job.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's the new Red Scare supported by dubious medical information. If someone in Qanon spoke about microwave weapons they would justifiably be laughed the feck out of the room. Why would India be using militarised microwave technology on US diplomats? It's bullshit.
Maybe you shouldn't laugh? I honestly thought it was common knowledge waves in certain frequencies can be used as weapons. Its in India, doesnt mean India is the only possible culprit.

phelans shorts

Being certain about things with zero information or knowledge is what's daft, not having an opinion on it.

I think I'd be more inclined to believe the people in the CIA who are risking looking incapable of doing their job.
I sure hope that you have never questioned a football managers selection, because that would be very hypocritical of you.

There’s no evidence for any kind of attack, however there is many historical examples of mass hysteria events, from the aforementioned dancing plagues, to the June Bug outbreaks, to the Singapore factories of the 70’s.

Personally I’m always inclined to follow the evidence.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe you shouldn't laugh? I honestly thought it was common knowledge waves in certain frequencies can be used as weapons. Its in India, doesnt mean India is the only possible culprit.
Its probably a compact directed energy weapon developed by the Russians. It could be small and discrete, which would make it very easy to use on people from set distances, and would of course also make it ideal for use in any country where there is a Russian embassy (ie. FSB/GRU presence). Just have a couple of operatives (such as the two Skripal guys) hide within reach of foreign diplomats/embassies and use at will.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Trusting the CIA :lol:
Predictably crap response. Them reporting themselves feeling unwell couldn't be more different to them lying about what they've done in the field on a global level. Drawing parallels with them being generally untrustworthy is dim. It's an entirely different scenario from a completely angle. There's absolutely nothing for those CIA members to gain from it and plenty to lose.

In a world where intelligence agencies can enter a western country and smear a small amount of a chemical on a door handle in an attempt to kill someone, it's not exactly a flat earth level conspiracy to assume there may be something, chemical or otherwise, that can make someone feel a bit dizzy.

Last edited: