g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Have we been unlucky?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It was a huge ask from this defense to not concede. They almost did it.

Winrar

Harsh score for how we played overall, but losing our heads like we just did happens too often for it to be called unlucky.

Diego_Milito

Supports
FC Internazionale
I last watched Manchester United, before this season, in 2008. I can't believe how unlucky you have become.
Last time down 0 - 2 at Old Trafford after 4 minutes. Makes one wonder if this is even Man United anymore.

pascell

With injuries, facing Arse and Spurs away, not getting pens and just bad luck?

Performances haven't been much to write home about but have we deserved to lose 2 games?
Yes, we didn't take our chances vs Spurs in the 1st half.

Today we played to not lose, not once did we put Arsenal under the cosh for a sustained period, we were too happy to play around with it at the back.

You create your own luck in this game.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Nothing with luck, we won't win the league and likely miss out of top 4. Away form is so poor, 4 games into the season and we play like shit. Only scoring 4 goals and conceding 6. I see City, Arsenal and Liverpool as top 3. Last spot might be Spurs.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You don’t have the kind of away record ETH does due to bad luck.

And you don’t often lose 3-1 because of bad luck.

Utd is a badly run club in prolonged crisis and that is reflected in results and performances.

Chairman Steve

We’ve been fecked by defensive injuries and handicapped for an hour with Martial on the pitch.

binary bot
We're just not playing good enough. We've been unlucky and lucky with refs but you can't be reliant on them. Our level of play has put us in a position where we are.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I definitely want to see the receipt for that Garnacho offside. Very, very suspicious.

Marwood

When you're down to your 5th and 6th choice CB by week 3 of the season yeah you're unlucky.

Roux

losing 2 centre-backs changed the game completely. You can't pass out from the back with Maguire on the pitch.

Tyrion

Performances haven't been much to write home about but have we deserved to lose 2 games?
With injuries? Maybe but we're stuck because we still have deadwood from Woodwards time.

Two hard away games? That will balance out over the season.

Not getting pens? Thats not an issue. I think the decision involving us have been mostly fair.

We deserved to lose against Spurs but we were better today.

Coops73

I genuinely don’t think we deserved to lose that. But thems the breaks.

humdinger

That offside call was ridiculously harsh. With our patched up back line they may well have won anyway but that call was poor.

onemanarmy

We didn't deserve to win either game. Spurs we missed a couple of sitters at least. Today we were second best all over the pitch. The worst part is, we don't seem to have improved at all since last season. Maybe even regressed a bit.
We play a RB at leftback because of injuries, lost our best CB during the game, our main striker is just about to get fit.

If that Garnacho goal stands we win this game.

PSV

Completely dominated today, despite almost getting away with point(s).

Could have had something vs Spurs, but probably didn't deserve to win vs Wolves.

Nowhere near even top four quality so far.

Polar

We had something going on in second half and a bit unluck, but we were very lucky not getting a penalty against in first half. It was a penalty in my opinion. It was clear when I saw it with front view and more difficult to see from behind - the angle the referee mostly was presented

El Jefe

Feck no. Arsenal gave us so much of the ball and we did next to nothing with it.

If we had used our possession better then maybe we could’ve been ahead rather than level.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We were good for a point at least, unlucky with the offisde goal and their goal for 2-1. But, you do make your own luck and we need to be more assertive away from home.

IRELANDUNITED

Mark my words garnacho’s goal was onside.
I thought so too. They didn’t even take a minute to draw the lines properly, just seemed to rush it and put them in a position that showed he was “offside” it will be interesting to see how much of a reaction the media and sky sports give this, had that decision went our way it would have been talked about from now till Christmas.

Smores

Think we're closer to being lucky to have the points we have. Our RAWK fans shouting conspiracy on decisions aside we've been utter shite.

Someone

Something
God certainly is having a laugh at our expense. He used to be so nice to us but he probably had enough of the Glazers as well.

Tyrion

Completely dominated today, despite almost getting away with point(s).

Could have had something vs Spurs, but probably didn't deserve to win vs Wolves.

Nowhere near even top four quality so far.
We weren't dominated today. We could have easily won.

cyberman

When you end up defending so deep and keep giving ball back to opposition there’s no luck involved.
I don’t think we defended that deep at all? The kicker is we conceded when we were in control of the game, Arsenal were nowhere in those last 15 minutes

DeGea

I genuinely think the amount of scrutiny that United get is not helping us. These modern day players can’t cope mentally with it. They obviously read social media and the news all the time and we are the club with the most press coverage.

Something is structurally wrong. We look leggy, and how the feck have we got so many injuries this early in the season?!

It is all a mentality issue.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Certainly unlucky with the injuries.

We've scored less than we "should" have as per the underlying stats. Which you could chalk up to luck.

Other things we've just been poor at.

Mixed bag. But one that should get better when unavailablle players become available.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Did you watch us against wolves and forest? I would argue the opposite easily. We should be at 3 points. The comeback was deserved against Forrest but we were fortunate to overturn a two goal deficit and get that red card that helped led that charge. Wolves, I don't know how we got 3 points that game. We were by far the worst team and I believe eth admitted that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Football is about right margins that are essentially decided by luck and that garnacho goal was that.

Injuries though, I dunno. Partial luck, partial down to how the team is handled. An injury crisis in September is the result of something wrong with the pre season though. And Martial isn't even one of them!

Wilt

Have to face it…. Utd can’t beat top clubs

Betson

When you're down to your 5th and 6th choice CB by week 3 of the season yeah you're unlucky.
Our form/stats in these types of games say we would have found a way to lose anyway. We always do.

If Varane and Martinez were missing at Anfield last season everyone would be saying we would not concede 7 , the issue is we don't have the mentality to win these games. We were hanging on for dear life before the Rice goal and praying for the final whistle. They were going for the win.