Have we bought a midfielder yet? (Jan 2022 edition) No! Dog sipping coffee: This is fine.

arnie_ni

You could probably buy any of about 75 percent of the starting mids in the PL and they'd play week in week out for us.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

The reality the board has decided not to back Rangnick this January window (for Haidara or Zakaria) should tell everyone that they have another player in mind or are resigned to finishing outside the top 4 again.

Strelok

The reality the board has decided not to back Rangnick this January window (for Haidara or Zakaria) should tell everyone that they have another player in mind or are resigned to finishing outside the top 4 again.
Of course I don't defend our stupid board but imo as Ralf is only an interim he won't get any new signing. We don't even know what would be his role post summer.

Lord Zlatan

You could probably buy any of about 75 percent of the starting mids in the PL and they'd play week in week out for us.

I don't think that's an exaggeration.
75% of the PL midfields have bossed ours. In fact thats probably an underestimate.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Haidara Touchenami
......... Bruno

Is the dream.
I actually don't understand how people can misspell the names so... creatively. Is it a British thing or just not giving a feck?

McGuires and others come to my mind and I'm just wondering why the misspelling is still a thing.

Rocknrolla69er

I actually don't understand how people can misspell the names so... creatively. Is it a British thing or just not giving a feck?

McGuires and others come to my mind and I'm just wondering why the misspelling is still a thing.
Definitely the not giving a feck........

Changed it so you can sleep xx

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Watch about five good midfielders get transferred in January and for us to get none of them.

Bearded One

Will Tchouameni be released in January?

End of season seems the more probable for me but then we desperately need reinforcements to put ourselves in the best position to get 4th place in the league. Spurs and Arsenal look like they mean business this time around. If it was only the Hammers, I’d be fairly confident that we will finish ahead of them.

MrSingh2002

Aurelien Invasion. Denis Zakaria or Tchouameni.

That calibre of CDM is needed.

The CM should be more exciting if Pogba is leaving but one of those two are a must.

Maybe Neves or someone who is even better than Neves would complete it. A player that can pass and shoot.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just curious if we’re one of the teams linked to Eriksen. On a free, to compliment Bruno.
I'd be surprised. If it were a loan move for the rest of the season he'd do a job here, no doubt. But he'd represent the same kind of transfer activity we are now allegedly trying to move away from.

We need physicality in that midfield, an engine. Capable of passing.

lex talionis

Strange that United management have shown so little in our midfield. And what little interest they have shown, such as the acquisition of Van De Beek, has been met with disinterest by the coaching staff.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'd be surprised. If it were a loan move for the rest of the season he'd do a job here, no doubt. But he'd represent the same kind of transfer activity we are now allegedly trying to move away from.

We need physicality in that midfield, an engine. Capable of passing.
Loan? They released him from contract did they not?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Loan? They released him from contract did they not?
Yeah, I know. I was just saying he'd only make sense as a very temporary measure for this season only until we hopefully clean house a bit this summer, which - if we're honest - probably won't happen. He'd be another player we'd not be able to offload and he's not exactly the deep lying midfielder we need, and defensively he brings nothing obviously. If we didn't have Bruno, it might be a different scenario, but even then, turning 30 with medical issues.

I hope Rangnick's professional pride is bigger than his desire for money. If he's not backed this month, that advisory role is likely all fluff, and he'd do well to speak his mind.

El Jefe

The last thing we should be doing is signing midfielders whose main quality isn't their ability to pass the ball and be good in possession. Pogba and VDB leave will probably leave this summer which means we'll be left with Mcfred. The names being thrown about like Haidara and Zakaria just seem like better versions of Fred and Mctominay and while any upgrade seems like a win we'll eventually deem them not good enough too.

We need passers of the ball first and foremost. I'm hapoy to write off this season in terms of midfield for us to make the right signings in the summer. The worst thing we can do is panic buy a player to fit Ralf's system which has been nothing but shite so far.

Litch

If we are going to sign midfielders, who we are linked with are average in a average German league. Players get found out coming to this league that are better than these. Arguably even RR has been shocked at the quality of the Prem. I'd argue with the pace and lack of depth of quality in that league aside from a couple of clubs, Scott and Fred would look completely different.
The fact that people hate Mcfred, they are talking up players that most on here probably know very little about. We could just end up with another Player sat on the bench.....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If we are going to sign midfielders, who we are linked with are average in a average German league. Players get found out coming to this league that are better than these. Arguably even RR has been shocked at the quality of the Prem. I'd argue with the pace and lack of depth of quality in that league aside from a couple of clubs, Scott and Fred would look completely different.
The fact that people hate Mcfred, they are talking up players that most on here probably know very little about. We could just end up with another Player sat on the bench.....
I know nothing about him so from my point of view he could up either way, success or failure. But if we’re going to spend 33m on him I dare say he won’t be a bench player

Litch

I know nothing about him so from my point of view he could up either way, success or failure. But if we’re going to spend 33m on him I dare say he won’t be a bench player
You mean like Sancho isn't? Bruno being the exception, how many players come from another league in January, go straight into the first team and make a difference. The Prem is notoriously different to come to terms with and playing in midfield, that can take players a season to come to terms with. The only way I see us signing someone is if it's a long term target and not necessarily about the here and now. The season will run its course and only if we pick up a injury to the current midfielders, we may get someone on loan....

Paul_Scholes18

I think we have a good midfield it is just being managed terribly.

Rangrick is sadly worse than Ole.

Would like an uppgrade of course, but not sure the guys we are being linked with are that good.

L1nk

I think we have a good midfield it is just being managed terribly.

Rangrick is sadly worse than Ole.

Would like an uppgrade of course, but not sure the guys we are being linked with are that good.
Has to be a wind up post surely

Mr PG

Aurelien Invasion. Denis Zakaria or Tchouameni.

That calibre of CDM is needed.

The CM should be more exciting if Pogba is leaving but one of those two are a must.

Maybe Neves or someone who is even better than Neves would complete it. A player that can pass and shoot.
We need Neves and Tchouameni and we win the league next season… seriously. We’ll have the funds as cavani, Martial, Jesse, Mata, Henderson, Pogba will free up some serious wages