Have we run out of gas?

Fooza

No, we’ve run out of luck. We won a lot of games this season playing shit on a stick football.
this, and we've ran out of individual brilliance, something Ole relied on most of the time.

Nick7

But..but.. people were mocking us for asking to rest Bruno in a dead rubber game like the EL one a week ago or so.
A week ago? I was mocked for saying it after the Chelsea match 3 days ago!

dove

No, it's just our level and it always been with Ole in charge. That performance today is no different than basically any other game this season apart of a couple games. The only difference is that we somehow managed to win 3 points, usually by pure luck. Luck ran out and we struggle. Shocker.

slored1

I think we have been found out. Plan B is needed or we'll start slipping into the Europa spots.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Tired but the reality is these players just aren't that good.

Irwinning

Not gas, luck.

This has been our play style all season. It earned us the odd win with a 1 goal cushion. Its lovely not losing week in week out, but this team are not worth top four. When Milan knock us out of Europa League, I'd suggest saying bye bye to Champions league next season. To see that we are second in the league should make UEFA reconsider their ranking of this league as a whole.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
In the second half of the Chelsea match, Lee Dixon on commentary said he'd been speaking to a couple of United analysts/sports scientists during the break and, when he said it was a poor performance, they replied saying that it's not surprising considering the schedule.

That's understandable. I would expect the players to be tired, and it definitely shows in some of the performances.

But it's another stick to beat Ole with considering he's refused to rest players when the opportunity has arose and he refuses to make substitutions early. If fatigue is a genuine excuse for our recent performances - and I'm not sure even tiredness can justify abject performances like today - then that's on Ole's poor squad management.
Commentary today said Palace will play 40 games all season. We played our 42nd tonight.

But we've spent enough money to build a competent squad and manage that squad better. We haven't done either.

simplyared

You can't expect to win a game of football with zero tempo throughout the team. Yes they really looked knackered and lethargic. What that can be down to. Feck knows! Our worst performance this season.

TrustInOle

The only team that seem to be not suffering from something due to this season's situation is City and that's mainly because of how bloated their squad through financial gains. We have played poor at times, but the recent form is disturbing when we can't even pass accurately or even control the ball. The team put out against Sociedad becomes even more questionable if so.

Dan_F

There’s no excuse for it. There’s two players for every position, the squad is probably the second biggest in the league, but even City have had issues with strikers being out and managed it.

We’ve had so many chances to rest players, so if fatigue is the problem, it falls on the management.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Two reasons:
1. Heavily reliant on Bruno. His form covered a lot of our problems. When we played our best football he was in the center of it (even if not scoring/assisting). This team is not trained come up with different ideas.
2. There isn't much to play for in the League. We're not pushing anymore but it doesn't seem down to fatigue.

wolvored

We went through a spell of getting a shit load of pens that helped us win games. Now they have dried up. Bruno was on fire and now hes off form were back to the dire stuff we played before he came. Think this also shows that the coaching staff are doing a bad job of the simplest things and devoid of ideas of how to change things. Tonight we could have played for another 2 hours and not scored. We will play exactly the same again next match.

arthurka

To be fair the team we fielded is capable of far better than what we've seen of late.
The midfield was atrocious. Couple of injuries and players out of form and we are shot. And we looked gassed.

Stormrage101MUFC

Lately yes. Ole deserves some of the blame for playing Rashford, Bruno etc against Sociedad when we were already 4 up.
I know right, not quite sure what he was thinking there, especially in this season of all seasons.