Have we signed anyone ELSE yet? 2023/2024 season

talking robot

If we are incompetent (as looks to be the case), we will be forced to use Greenwood as we need new bodies up front one way or another.

El Jefe

This is going to be a long summer. Worrying how all our rivals now seem to be picking up the pace with transfers.

The Glazers are fecking us one final time. Hopefully.

Irwin99

No one has a clue about all this but if we take the rumours as true then we'll probably get 3 signings: Onana, Mount, and Højlund and we'll have missed out on Kim min-jae ( :() Rabiot, Rice, Kane and some other very good players.

Onana
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Mount Casemiro Bruno
Antony Højlund Rashford

...it's not a bad little side you know. Top 4 contender but it's asking a lot from EtH to make for a title challenge sadly. Right back still an issue, Varane possibly being injury prone. Striker and goal keeper depth is very light.

Ralph1386

No one has a clue about all this but if we take the rumours as true then we'll probably get 3 signings: Onana, Mount, and Højlund and we'll have missed out on Kim min-jae ( :() Rabiot, Rice, Kane and some other very good players.

Onana
AWB Varane Martinez Shaw
Mount Casemiro Bruno
Antony Højlund Rashford

...it's not a bad little side you know. Top 4 contender but it's asking a lot from EtH to make for a title challenge sadly. Right back still an issue, Varane possibly being injury prone. Striker and goal keeper depth is very light.
Problem is also this team cannot be rotated/rested. It’s a thin squad. Nobody can slot in for Casemiro for instance.

Irwin99

Problem is also this team cannot be rotated/rested. It’s a thin squad. Nobody can slot in for Casemiro for instance.
Agree. I forgot we have no like for like replacement for Casemiro. Wing position and full backs are stacked (although the quality is debatable), same too for centre backs if nobody leaves. Rumours that Sabitzer might be staying so that's another 8 we have.

NoLogo

Let the poor people have a holiday. They'll return in two weeks to have a look at the squad and make up their minds where reinforcements are needed. Around August, we'll start negotiations and see if a deal can be done or not.

Kinky Melinky

Ah this is the thread I should be in. I was saying in another thread that I felt I had it in me to be a viable transfer muppet but it's not easy. It's quite frustrating actually. I think I got ahead of myself

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I can only read this thinking he is screaming at the camera, with spittle flying everywhere. :lol:

Kopral Jono

I'm at the stage where I don't really give a damn about signings this transfer window any longer. The ownership situation is such a mess that hoping for absolutely anything has become a futile exercise. I would consider anyone coming in as a bonus and fingers crossed Ten Hag is able to conjure up some kind of magic next season.

united for life

“Here we go” everywhere except for us. We declare interest, get forced to unreasonable bids and struggle with what to do with the players we have and don’t need.

krazyrobus

Cue the late august scramble over-paying for players in a panic, the cycle of incompetence never ends.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we are incompetent (as looks to be the case), we will be forced to use Greenwood as we need new bodies up front one way or another.
Looking at our transfer business till now, it would be criminal not to use him.
I honestly expected us to get something like Kim, Rice and Kane before the transfer window, or Kim, Caicedo, Osimhen. We are far from it unfortunately.

GoldanoGraham

Seriously though, if nothing is announced early next week then you know it’s going to be a frustrating summer - from an accounting point of view it makes sense for any transfers to sit in the new accounting period (from 1/7/23) - and most players contracts run to 1st July…..so I’m hoping that we have some activity rather than just speculation for next week.

Hackman2210

So Kim to Bayern looks done......Maguire for another season then!
Caicedo to Chelsea looks likely......Fred for another season then!
Kane staying at Spurs......Is Weg the Leg available for another lend.

LordSpud

So Kim to Bayern looks done......Maguire for another season then!
Caicedo to Chelsea looks likely......Fred for another season then!
Kane staying at Spurs......Is Weg the Leg available for another lend.
Greenwoods back baby

Kag

All of our rivals have now made signings in order to improve. We’re arsing around trying to tie a shite goalkeeper down to a new contract with 24 hours to spare before it ends.

We’re a circus. Still.

Hackman2210

Its like watcing the LA Rams draft in the NFL. All the best ones are gone by the time we get involved.......Sorry state of affairs. Would love to be a fly on the wall in Ten haags office.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nearly time to close this car crash thread :lol::lol:

Kag

Sack off De Gea, bring in a new keeper and get a striker of some description and then the circus might look more fun.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
:lol: Yeah. Sure signing Mount was THE dream. It makes us title challengers instantly.

Pughnichi

Surely it makes sense to hijack the Timber deal…at £40M and send both Maguire and Dalot packing? We’d likely be up financially and have better a player to come in at cb but also fight for rb starting position

daba

Surely it makes sense to hijack the Timber deal…at £40M and send both Maguire and Dalot packing? We’d likely be up financially and have better a player to come in at cb but also fight for rb starting position
More likely AWB than Dalot but yes I agree with the sentiment. Don’t get why we’re not even sniffing around Timber. .

JuriM

Seeing Luckhurts' new piece, it should be obvious even to the least knowledgeable football person that our next two targets are a Goalkeeper and a Striker - everything else beyond that depends on the sale of players.