Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchero

It's over for the summer for us we may as accept it.

If we are lucky we will sign Eriksen and Bale on the last day of the window.

Hopefully Ten Hag can get a tune out of the players we have
Right now I would take Eriksen and Bale on the last day of the window. As long as we get in two top quality box to box all action midfield players as well. Because Eriksen competes for Fernandes's position. He isn't a box to boxer. And Bale, would be a sign that we are really desperate. But at the same time, he would love Old Trafford because the fans would love him. He was hated by the fans at Real Madrid, that's why he downed tools. They thought he would be the new Ronaldo, which he wasn't. But I have heard him talk in an unpublicised golf chat, and he talked of his shock about the abuse he got from the fans when he missed. He was genuinely shocked. This is the unpublicised reason why Bale is effed off with Real. United fans would not slag him off if he missed a chance. I would have Bale.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Getting 2013 vibes, new manager, new CEO, De Jong being this years Fabregas, Timber/Antony being this years Baines/Fellaini

We'll end up with Timber on Deadline day for more than he'd of cost earlier in the summer
Said this 3 weeks ago and was only semi serious then:nervous:

Ranchero

I think it’s a complete over exaggeration

by the way Liverpool and city aren’t who we are competing with
Heard it all now... we aren't competing with Liverpool and City. If that is what we think, no wonder we are in deep poo poo, Good grief.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Heard it all now... we aren't competing with Liverpool and City. If that is what we think, no wonder we are in deep poo poo, Good grief.
It's absolutely true though. We are a Europa League team hoping to achieve Champions League qualification this upcoming season. We aren't challenging for the title, and challenging Tottenham and Arsenal for fourth is where we are at. Get real.

Ranchero

How is it not abnornal? Spurs, City, Liverpools have all gotten well into their business. Arsenal will wrap up 3 signings to completion very soon in Jesus, Viera and that Brazlian winger.

The only team yet to get kicking is Chelsea who 1) have less holes and 2) just completed their takeover so they will understandably kick off their work late.

In what way is our business normal? Which clubs are as laborious as we are whilst needing to fix the same amount of positions?

Finished articles are already making 1-2 transfers, let alone the likes of Spurs who have sorted out Perisic, Bissouma, are already well advanced with Spence for RB and bid for Richarlson.
The Chelsea squad is miles ahead of ours. We HAVE to get our act together with all the outgoings. We were weak without the departures. Now we look like we are scrambling to get a quality squad together. I mean Gallacher and Loftus-Cheek for Chelsea would walk into our midfield, and one was not good enough to be in their squad and the other is a bench player.

Ranchero

It's absolutely true though. We are a Europa League team hoping to achieve Champions League qualification this upcoming season. We aren't challenging for the title, and challenging Tottenham and Arsenal for fourth is where we are at. Get real.
We are talking about Manchester United. Have we all really given up on even the idea that we must compete with Liverpool and City. So we are going into this season with our sights set where? Nowhere? FFS. Right now we are not title challengers, of course! The league table doesn't lie. But that should not stop us from striving to be the best in the new season. That's why we ended up second in that freak Covid season. You cannot go into a new season thinking as Manchester United that we are out of the title race already. The idea is you go out there and do what you have to do to build a team that is capable of competing. But it is all about recruitment, and we are frankly shite at it. Saying, ahhh, we can't compete is quite frankly appalling when you consider the size of the club and the money that we have (apparently).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We are talking about Manchester United. Have we all really given up on even the idea that we must compete with Liverpool and City. So we are going into this season with our sights set where? Nowhere? FFS. Right now we are not title challengers, of course! The league table doesn't lie. But that should not stop us from striving to be the best in the new season. That's why we ended up second in that freak Covid season. You cannot go into a new season thinking as Manchester United that we are out of the title race already. The idea is you go out there and do what you have to do to build a team that is capable of competing. But it is all about recruitment, and we are frankly shite at it. Saying, ahhh, we can't compete is quite frankly appalling when you consider the size of the club and the money that we have (apparently).
We have appalling owners.

Kaushal

Tell me, even when fergie was manager did we always arrange our buys early?
How can you give an absolute terrible example like this :lol:. It’s fine then we shop late and we win the title because everything is same as before and Fergie is still in charge :lol:

Ranchero

We have appalling owners.
It seems to me that we are constipated as a club. We are quick to tip off the media on this and that but when it comes down to it we are slow... desperately slow and all the evidence is out there since Moyes and even before. No wonder Fergie quit when he did, he saw all this coming. Desperate desperate recruitment policy that seems to stop at the feet of the Glazers. We have to face it. Whatever happens, I can see no way forward without a change of ownership. It is fundamental. Everyone is banging on about Ten Hag, but he is another that will be learning on the job. His CV is all about the Eredivisie which as I have said countless times before is not even second rate in terms of European leagues. It is down around the Scottish leagues (in terms of UEFA standings). Managers from the Dutch league like De Boer who won four Eredivisie titles with Ajax were a disaster trying to bring in the Ajax style with Palace.

It is quite clear as day that we should have had Conte. I said it at the time (no hindsight from me) and you can see what he has done with a shocking Spurs team who had downed tools. He wouldn't have take the shit at Old Trafford. He would have shaken things up and that is what we needed. Not another compliant 'yes' man who is just glad of the money and the opportunity.

Rooney1987

This has been a very quiet day
I think this is what is driving people insane. The last 2 days of nothing has even got Neville tweeting about it. People are so use to rumours everyday and now it seems to have stopped.

I'm not at this point yet though, in 2 weeks end of June I might end up joining the frustration.

Charles Miller

There were three irreplaceable potential targets in this market: De Jong, Mbappe and Haaland. The other players going to rival clubs are irrelevant. Not the players themselves, but the type of transfers. Because there are alternatives with similar or better level to those going to Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham.

Ranchero

I think this is what is driving people insane. The last 2 days of nothing has even got Neville tweeting about it. People are so use to rumours everyday and now it seems to have stopped.

I'm not at this point yet though, in 2 weeks end of June I might end up joining the frustration.
Sorry you could look back at other chats around this time and you would see an identical pattern (last summer excepted). And you have all the 'patience' mongers who have their heads buried in the sand. We are supposed to be closing the gap on others but the facts are the gaps are getting wider, with the mass exodus from United and no actual plans for incomings.

Aeryis

NO matter what RR said about needing wholesale buys, there is no way that we will buy 5 players this summer. I absolutely do not believe that the Glazers will spend that much money with no CL.
Even when we do have CL, they still don't spend that much money. It's always the 2-3 signings a year that absolutely do not address the gaping holes in the squad.

leontas

It’s really frustrating how slow we are moving in the transfer market. Doubly so when we see other teams moving so quickly and decisively (see Arsenal, Aston Villa, Liverpool, City and Spurs). And we arguably have bigger holes to plug than all of them.

I know getting a new manager in might be an excuse why we haven’t signed anyone yet, but it always feels like whenever we want to sign someone it’s a drawn out process - from the monitoring to the preparing a bid to the closing the deal stage, it feels like we always get ourselves in these type of multi-month transfer situations.

For once, I was hoping to see us wrap up at least 1-2 signings before pre-season. It’s understandable that the FDJ deal will take some time, but wrapping up the likes of Timber and Antony should’ve been more straightforward. It seems like regardless of what structure we have at the top, unless we see a change in ownership, nothing will change…

C'est Moi Cantona

That's not a realistic view, the club have lost too many first team players via contract expiration for the above to be a rational notion.

I think John Murtough is under pressure to deliver and the fact that the club are looking for a second DOF with lesser privileges to work alongside him is an alarming aspect and bit of a joke. Yes people can have their reservations about Woodward / Judge but they were at the very least experienced which is important in these phases of the season.

The club have done what id consider the right thing in letting Woodward go but his replacement has no prior dealings with the role he's delegated to. So there are no sure football people in any of the hierarchy from top to bottom. How the Glazer family have amassed such a fortune I have no idea they seem to lack any credible business acumen.
I didn't say sign nobody, more maybe ETH needs to show the sort of players we want that we are on the right path before we can be seen as a desirable destination again, and that's before the no CL and money comes into it, which is why this window is going to be a tough watch.

If we can get four elite players this summer then great, but I can't see it, more one decent money signing, and a couple of free agents.

Anyway whatever do, everything rests on whether ETH he is a top class manager or not.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't see the de Jong deal like that, but we'll see soon what, if anything, happens.

Ornstein has said we've made an offer to Eriksen, that's on the player. Anothy is only not here because of our budget. I imagine when the de Jong transfer Is decided, it will move very quickly.

Let's hope so but after the last few years I'm not expecting much.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The teams that have signed players are the ones who have fairly settled manager/team.

We have just appointed a new manager who has yet to see the squad train and react to how he wants to play.

Maybe we should start the panic once the first game is upon us and we haven’t signed anyone by that point?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The teams that have signed players are the ones who have fairly settled manager/team.

We have just appointed a new manager who has yet to see the squad train and react to how he wants to play.

Maybe we should start the panic once the first game is upon us and we haven’t signed anyone by that point?
It is opposite. When you have everything settled (Pool/City/Spurs) then you are in no rush. New player will go in well organised system.
When you change manager who needs to implement his system then you need to give him players soon as possible

Newtonius

You know its peak when we are the same old snail pace haggling over one deal and even Arsenal are doing quick business. Really should have known better, Murtough was still handpicked by Ed.

I know the fundamental problem is the Glazers money grubbing paws tightly on the purse strings but even then you expected SOMETHING to change structurally, especially with a highly rated new manager and a dreadful squad.

Last edited:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Multiple players left, including Henderson in which United are slowly & politely pushing him out. To be honest something is happening and we're probably one offer for Martial & Jones to offload another pack of players, including Pereira who could leave after the tour.

At this point we're definitely bringing someone, logically could be more than four at this rate.

McSauce FC

Assuming we finally are putting a decent / competent backroom staff in place, its bound to take time for them to start getting things done right. Looking at the way City gets their signings done makes me depressed but we have to accept our reality. We need a LOT of on field and behind the scenes work to catch up to them. Hopefully with a stable backroom, competent negotiators and long term manager we can start identifying targets well in advance and start the process before the TW opens
Agreed, good post. I guess fussing is a way of coping while we get there.

Dominos

Again, I can accept haggling over De Jong even if it takes some time, club can't allow themselves to get rinsed on price every time just for the sake of early business.

My issue is, that doesn't explain the lack of activity in other areas? Where is our 2nd CM, where is our striker, where is our RW, where is our RB, where is our CB? Why have we achieved the square root of feck all in weeks, given we're not close to any of them? Why are AWB, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Jones, Pereira, Martial all still at the club? How could not even 1 of them be close to leaving? We're in at least one of the following scenarios.

1. We're incapable of seriously progressing on more than 1 transfer at a time, so the rest of our transfers are reliant on the De Jong situation being resolved.
2. Our transfer budget is so small that we're not comfortable spending any money until we know the exact agreed price for De Jong.
3. Every single transfer we attempt ends up in the De Jong stand off over price and therefore inevitably takes months to complete.

It doesn't matter which one of those scenario is true, we're absolutely fecked either way. It really is a farce.

Oldtraffordboy

Right now I would take Eriksen and Bale on the last day of the window. As long as we get in two top quality box to box all action midfield players as well. Because Eriksen competes for Fernandes's position. He isn't a box to boxer. And Bale, would be a sign that we are really desperate. But at the same time, he would love Old Trafford because the fans would love him. He was hated by the fans at Real Madrid, that's why he downed tools. They thought he would be the new Ronaldo, which he wasn't. But I have heard him talk in an unpublicised golf chat, and he talked of his shock about the abuse he got from the fans when he missed. He was genuinely shocked. This is the unpublicised reason why Bale is effed off with Real. United fans would not slag him off if he missed a chance. I would have Bale.
We will have officially jumped the shark if we're playing Eriksen, Bale and Ronaldo next season.

Like a parody.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Murtough is still a guy that was plucked from the PL performance team and has no business or experience dealing with transfer activity for a club of Manchester United’s stature. We had the perfect guy in Ralf Rangnick, it would have been a perfect time to make him the head of football operations and deputize Murtough instead of asking him to manage the team and then let him walk off to Austria.

binary bot
We'll get some news to overshadow the dividend payments next week

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Murtough is still a guy that was plucked from the PL performance team and has no business or experience dealing with transfer activity for a club of Manchester United’s stature. We had the perfect guy in Ralf Rangnick, it would have been a perfect time to make him the head of football operations and deputize Murtough instead of asking him to manage the team and then let him walk off to Austria.
We like to promote people who are in the club. It is our way. Instead of trying to sign some world class (proven) Dof we promoted Darren Fletcher. What the feck Fletcher knows about that job?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Eriksen would be a quality signing.

Bale would be a catastrophe.

James35

We'll get some news to overshadow the dividend payments next week
June 24th, dividend payout right? What chance we make a signing before then, highly doubtful.

Seeing the replies on @ManUtd twitter will be entertaining at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.