Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Still a week and a bit away from when they're due back for training, so I'm not overly fussed. I would like to have signed someone by now and we can just focus on the squad at hand, but it's not that easy.
seems to be easy for other teams though. City and pool are irrelevant to us at this point it’s the fact our other top 6 rivals are improving their squads.

meanwhile we‘re stuck playing billy big bollocks with Barca for a player that doesn’t even want to come here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
seems to be easy for other teams though. City and pool are irrelevant to us at this point it’s the fact our other top 6 rivals are improving their squads.

meanwhile we‘re stuck playing billy big bollocks with Barca for a player that doesn’t even want to come here.
It's not that easy though. I don't think anyone wants to sign any of the players they're signing anyway, they just want us to sign someone.

As I said in another thread, I'm not surprised De Jong is ETH main target. He wants to get this right, so he will want someone he trusts. De Jong happens to be that and would also take up the majority of our budget. I also imagine he's highlighted other players he wants (Anthony perhaps) that will depend on how far our budget goes. Not getting fleeced for De Jong isn't exactly playing billy big bollocks when we're in a strong negotiating position. If anyone, it's Barca playing billy big bollocks.

Someone

Something
We are not as appealing as we used to be to join anymore.
Really don't think that's the real issue at all. Clubs never bid for players before making sure they're interested. By now the club should have a list of targets that we know are happy to come, and players are always happy to join as long as they're getting high wages. We wouldn't be negotiating with Barca without getting the green light from FDJ for example. The issue is that the club is always slow to close out deals, which means we're missing out on other targets as well. FDJ might be happy to join now but if another top club joins the mix and is happy to pay Barca it's over. We've been bad at this for a long long time.

yamo123x

The frustration is starting to grow, ex players starting to pipe up, pressure on the glazers, hell, even the most placid of supporters are failing to see any semblance of a rebuild..you have to ask yourself what is going on...?

Pereira, Jones, Telles, Chong, Axel, Hendo, AWB and others are still here, ready to report to pre-season training next week stinking the place out.

Greenwood...what is happening there? Must be some sort of update soon.

Lots of questions need answering ...something has to happen v soon.

I cant wait for transfer window to close, the daily lies and BS is suffocating me now........

Jibbs

A) Clubs can negotiate with other clubs, players, agents at any time. Transfers just can't officially be registered until the window opens.
B) 18th April - Won title with Ajax, 21st April - Appointed United manager, 16th May - Started work with United
C) Anyone who has followed United's shambolic transfer activity over the years are right to be concerned. We ended up with: Cavani, Diallo and Pellestri on deadline day in 20/21!
D) A fluke season where Liverpool were crippled with injuries and we were playing in empty stadiums.
This

RedBanker

I love you Ole
For me, worrying starts when pre-season starts if we still don't have incoming players
Pre season should never start without most if not all the new players in place for a so called big club aiming for a so called rebuild under a new manager hoping to implement a new philosophy so as to start a new trend called winning trophies.

Last edited:

Jibbs

Neville's not wrong. You need to have the bulk of your squad ready for the start of pre-season and it wouldn't be a surprise if we don't have anyone in by that point. We have a lot to do so we need to get it done early to give the new guy a fair crack.

Liverpool have already wrapped up all their business for the summer. It's not just on the pitch where we're playing catch up.
What else can be expected when we have Fergie's insider Fletcher and a nobody like Murtough running the show. United is still Mates United with absolute clueless owners to boot.

Irwin99

The patience and panic responses feels a bit like the Ole in/Ole out divide on here sometimes. Got to admit i'm getting a bit worried about this seeming inactivity :nervous:

The whole "remember that this squad finished 2nd a few years back" feels like such a cop out as well and it feels like we're expecting ten Hag to perform miracles.

georgipep

Pre season should never start without most if not all the new players in place for a so called big club aiming for a so called rebuild under a new manager hoping to implement a new philosophy so as to start a new trend called winning trophies.
And has pre-season started?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one should be calm about this. Its abnormal to have so little work done. Teams around us have multiple targets being completed and we are just holding our dick with one signing whilst not being remotely advanced on any others.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No one should be calm about this. Its abnormal to have so little work done. Teams around us have multiple targets being completed and we are just holding our dick with one signing whilst not being remotely advanced on any others.
Abnormal!? :lol: :lol: Give it a kin rest

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Abnormal!? :lol: :lol: Give it a kin rest
How is it not abnornal? Spurs, City, Liverpools have all gotten well into their business. Arsenal will wrap up 3 signings to completion very soon in Jesus, Viera and that Brazlian winger.

The only team yet to get kicking is Chelsea who 1) have less holes and 2) just completed their takeover so they will understandably kick off their work late.

In what way is our business normal? Which clubs are as laborious as we are whilst needing to fix the same amount of positions?

Finished articles are already making 1-2 transfers, let alone the likes of Spurs who have sorted out Perisic, Bissouma, are already well advanced with Spence for RB and bid for Richarlson.

Infra-red

How is it not abnornal? Spurs, City, Liverpools have all gotten well into their business. Arsenal will wrap up 3 signings to completion very soon in Jesus, Viera and that Brazlian winger.

The only team yet to get kicking is Chelsea who 1) have less holes and 2) just completed their takeover so they will understandably kick off their work late.

In what way is our business normal? Which clubs are as laborious as we are whilst needing to fix the same amount of positions?

Finished articles are already making 1-2 transfers, let alone the likes of Spurs who have sorted out Perisic, Bissouma, are already well advanced with Spence for RB and bid for Richarlson.
They're trying to get De Jong over the line. United have a finite budget and he'd be more than half of it. It's quite difficult to take decisions on smaller deals until you know how much headroom you actually have. I'm sure they have a deadline in mind (probably sometime next week), after which we walk away and focus on progressing the other deals.

I don't think it's panic stations yet. If we can't get anyone in before the tour, then everyone is within their rights to start throwing tantrums.

golden_blunder

Staff

The word “abnormal” is such an exaggeration, that’s why i called you up. 14 PL teams have yet to make a signing so how is it “abnormal”?

lsd

The Oracle
It's over for the summer for us we may as accept it.

If we are lucky we will sign Eriksen and Bale on the last day of the window.

Hopefully Ten Hag can get a tune out of the players we have

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The word “abnormal” is such an exaggeration, that’s why i called you up. 14 PL teams have yet to make a signing so how is it “abnormal”?
They are not the barometer of how we should be conducting our transfer business. I don't think youve successfully called me out when our rivals are well under way and we aren't (yet again).

If we want to be benchmarking our transfer strategy with the likes of Bournemouth then sure. But our competitors are actually the likes of Spurs Arsenal Liverpool City and Chelsea.

Its more than evident we cant work one deal at a time, which isnt normal. Our strategy isnt streamlined enough, which isnt normal. We cant even push along a deal for a player who is actively being flogged by his club.

Ghostrider318

That’s exactly why people are fussing, we should have learned by now. We need the players ready for the preseason, not in August.
Assuming we finally are putting a decent / competent backroom staff in place, its bound to take time for them to start getting things done right. Looking at the way City gets their signings done makes me depressed but we have to accept our reality. We need a LOT of on field and behind the scenes work to catch up to them. Hopefully with a stable backroom, competent negotiators and long term manager we can start identifying targets well in advance and start the process before the TW opens

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It's not that easy though. I don't think anyone wants to sign any of the players they're signing anyway, they just want us to sign someone.

As I said in another thread, I'm not surprised De Jong is ETH main target. He wants to get this right, so he will want someone he trusts. De Jong happens to be that and would also take up the majority of our budget. I also imagine he's highlighted other players he wants (Anthony perhaps) that will depend on how far our budget goes. Not getting fleeced for De Jong isn't exactly playing billy big bollocks when we're in a strong negotiating position. If anyone, it's Barca playing billy big bollocks.
Doesn’t matter If he’s ETH main guy the fact is he doesn’t want to leave Barca and has given us Zero indication he wants to come to united. I mean it’s been weeks now and there’s still no advancement on “in talks”. If Barca are playing hardball then just tell them to feck off and move onto the next one.

in the meantime there should be nothing stopping us getting other deals done, I mean how hard can it be to get Christian Eriksen or Antony.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Doesn’t matter If he’s ETH main guy the fact is he doesn’t want to leave Barca and has given us Zero indication he wants to come to united. I mean it’s been weeks now and there’s still no advancement on “in talks”. If Barca are playing hardball then just tell them to feck off and move onto the next one.

in the meantime there should be nothing stopping us getting other deals done, I mean how hard can it be to get Christian Eriksen or Antony.
I don't see the de Jong deal like that, but we'll see soon what, if anything, happens.

Ornstein has said we've made an offer to Eriksen, that's on the player. Anothy is only not here because of our budget. I imagine when the de Jong transfer Is decided, it will move very quickly.

Cathy Ferguson

It seems that the Glazers are happy to compete with Villa, Hammers and Newcastle for 6th place next season. Who would have thought. Preseason is 10 days away and we have McFred as our midfield axis. Performances against Brighton and Palace are the new normal.

golden_blunder

Staff
They are not the barometer of how we should be conducting our transfer business. I don't think youve successfully called me out when our rivals are well under way and we aren't (yet again).

If we want to be benchmarking our transfer strategy with the likes of Bournemouth then sure. But our competitors are actually the likes of Spurs Arsenal Liverpool City and Chelsea.

Its more than evident we cant work one deal at a time, which isnt normal. Our strategy isnt streamlined enough, which isnt normal. We cant even push along a deal for a player who is actively being flogged by his club.
I think it’s a complete over exaggeration

by the way Liverpool and city aren’t who we are competing with

Castia

We aren't signing 4 players are we. Will take this lot about 6 months to get 4 deals done.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Best thing about this transfer window is the responses to the Buccaneers official Twitter account from disgruntled and disgusted Man Utd fans.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Oh but they are. They are half of the top 4 who we are working toward breaking well into.
What is an over exaggeration? That its abnormal to not be remotely close to any of our shortlisted targets, with 2 already ruled out?
Our pre season is in 10 days, its an early start to the season for Aug 7th, a new 5 sub rule and WC in winter. Squads are all looking to add depth, and we have been working on a proper summer of transfer activity for months let alone weeks. Alas what 6-8 out the door we arent making near enough progress.

If you want normal for our rivals or where we want to stack up, its the named teams I provided. Plus Bayern and Real etc. Too.

Most of these clubs have completed or are deep into negotiations for said targets. We havent moved an inch. The only thing normal about that is we are working the same way we did in our last 9 seasons.

You don't get back to the top by being laborious every time. You start matching the process of those above you to cut the gap.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Staff
Oh but they are. They are half of the top 4 who we are working toward breaking well into.
What is an over exaggeration? That its abnormal to not be remotely close to any of our shortlisted targets, with 2 already ruled out?
Our pre season is in 10 days, its an early start to the window and we have been working on a proper summer of transfer activity for months let alone weeks.

If you want normal for our rivals or where we want to stack up, its the named teams I provided. Plus Bayern and Real etc. Too.

Most of these clubs have completed or are deep into negotiations for said targets. We havent moved an inch. The only thing normal about that is we are working the same way we did in our last 9 seasons.
Tell me, even when fergie was manager did we always arrange our buys early?

vanderpants

I can't really remember but didn't the Glazers only bring Fellaini in on Moyes's first transfer window and that was a last-minute signing?

Ranchero

The frustration is starting to grow, ex players starting to pipe up, pressure on the glazers, hell, even the most placid of supporters are failing to see any semblance of a rebuild..you have to ask yourself what is going on...?

Pereira, Jones, Telles, Chong, Axel, Hendo, AWB and others are still here, ready to report to pre-season training next week stinking the place out.

Greenwood...what is happening there? Must be some sort of update soon.

Lots of questions need answering ...something has to happen v soon.

I cant wait for transfer window to close, the daily lies and BS is suffocating me now........
Yeah. The same ole same ole same ole. Lots of talk no action. On and off the pitch. We really do suck to high heaven.

KwendaHuko

How comes with compete or even, out perform City and Liverpool in revenue generation, wage bill but we don't compete with them on on-field success and recruitment?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tell me, even when fergie was manager did we always arrange our buys early?
Was the landscape remotely similar? When Fergie was manager he can just buy whoever was doing great in the PL. Smith, Rio, Rooney etc.

When we had to really push he pulled his finger out. See the business of Nani Anderson Raphael Fabio etc.

Theres no point comparing anyway. Transfers and the footballing landscape was completely different.

The logic that we should do what worked for Fergie is actually one of the most flawed ones and a big part as to why we suffered so much. A huge failure to adapt to the modern game. While we sat, our peers modernisrd with better approaches, proper structure and investment in data analytics. We are well, well behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.