Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

suheilsworld

Regardless of what happens, I am still positive about the season beginning. Many of the viruses and surpluses have left and I am one of those few who believe ETH can get the best of the current squad. Staying positive and ignoring the doom and gloom around social media

Volksie316

Every day seems to get worse for United at the moment.

No progress on any transfers and now we are letting Henderson go, on an horrific deal for the club.

RedChisel

It's poor business logic. The additional up front investment will be more than offset by having a far more guaranteed opportunity at top 4, a much better in cups and then all of the synergy benefit that comes from this with higher player valuations, higher sponsorship, and ultimately a higher club valuation. The cost of missing the top 4 is huge and they've managed to do that regularly.
Well if they how they have run United for 15+ years is any indication they are terrible businessmen. The only reason they were able to maximise commercial revenue is on the back of us being a successful football team. Now that's all disappeared they will soon find out companies won't pay out for big money sponsorship deals for a team of losers.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This really is the same old United. We need about 6 new signings - CB, RB, CM, DM, RW, ST. But we want to get De Jong for over 65m slashing our budget in half. At this point we'd barely be able to make 2 more signings and have to rely on sales to add to the budget. And right now we can't even sell our most valuable deadwood - Henderson :)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I will only start to worry if it gets to the pre season and we haven't got anyone. That's really when we need the players as we have a new manager and system to bed in. If he gets them late or into the start of the season it's going to be a real pain in the arse.

Surely there can be some targets that are not so "Hollywood" like that we can get, not our top targets but not far off. I'd be happy with that, it's better to get at least some players in rather than none. It's better to get some now rather than one huge target late in the window (that doesn't want to come).
Agree about pre-season. This is why we have struggled recently. Players can take a while to settle, the current squad also learning new system and how this manager works. It is actually worse than in recent years as squad has less numbers.

Ole'sgunnarwin

All the rivals making good signings. No lessons learned over the last 10 years. I'm convinced we'll be worse next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's pathetic for being worried; nothing more than a toxic and hateful glory hunter

According to the crusaders of patience and virtue on here
:lol:

That's what I hate about these new fans like Neville. So spoiled. Don't judge the window until its closed. It wouldn't be true to form without a deadline day panic rush from us these days.

Anyway, why are we complaining? Rangnick was stupid for suggesting we need so many players. This squad finished second two seasons ago.

With some Ajax coaching I have no doubt that McTominay and Fred will be playing like prime Davids and Seedorf.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't post this, Nou_Camp going to throw all he's towns out the pram.
Towns? Hahahaha. I presume you means toys.

And yes you're all worrying for nothing. The club will make some signings. Of course we will. Are they the right ones is the important thing.

Chairman Steve

I’ll also worry if it’s half way through pre-season and nothing substantial has happened.

It does not help when we have this horseshit Nations League going on these past two weeks. I would like to think we know we’re getting and the dominos are set as soon as whatever deal enables the whole thing takes place. Dealing with Barcelona probably doesn’t help either.

Our signings last summer weren’t particularly early either, despite them being good signings on paper at the time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol:

That's what I hate about these new fans like Neville. So spoiled. Don't judge the window until its closed. It wouldn't be true to form without a deadline day panic rush from us these days.

Anyway, why are we complaining? Rangnick was stupid for suggesting we need so many players. This squad finished second two seasons ago.

With some Ajax coaching I have no doubt that McTominay and Fred will be playing like prime Davids and Seedorf.
Think they need to be taught discipline, not just positional but to stop moaning and bitching. They have to be taught when to press and when not to waste their energy. That is why when they started it under Ralf they were shattered quickly. They were just running about randomly.

SirAnderson

Towns? Hahahaha. I presume you means toys.

And yes you're all worrying for nothing. The club will make some signings. Of course we will. Are they the right ones is the important thing.
Yep typo.

I ain't worried about a club that doesn't know I exist. Actually haven't posted anything hysterical at all in this thread. I have seen some hysterical replies though ;)

But what Gary Neville tweeted makes complete sense. Don't have to be extreme in believing that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yep typo.

I ain't worried about a club that doesn't know I exist. Actually haven't posted anything hysterical at all in this thread. I have seen some hysterical replies though ;)

But what Gary Neville tweeted makes complete sense. Don't have to be extreme in believing that.
I didn't use the word hysterical.

Fans losing their minds on day 5 of the window is just pure insanity and it needs calling out I'm afraid. It's absolutely ridiculous.

KwendaHuko

I gave up on John Murtough and Co, when they gave Bruno a new contract for his "on field success".

John Murtough has made some big pointers mistakes by look of things

1. Not sacking Ole early enough. Why give him time especially during that international break.

2. Why bring Ralf? Because they're friends or?

3. Why give Bruno a new improved contract while undergoing the worst season ever.

4. Not selling Lingard or Pogba a year ago, he insisted sticking with them then they left for free.

5. Now this season incoming transfers - it's running --- if pre season starts without any new incoming then we have a bad team than what we had a year ago.

John Murtough needs to make his mark in all this , because ETH is still like a new signing, he might flop or not, so he will be judged at the end of his time. But ETH is a good signing.

But things are not looking too good

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Fans losing their minds on day 5 of the window is just pure insanity and it needs calling out I'm afraid. It's absolutely ridiculous.
For a club that has the most to do out of all the teams in the top 6 we are by far the least prepared out of all them so far. Liverpool have already finished their business ffs. It is an absolute joke.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
This really is the same old United. We need about 6 new signings - CB, RB, CM, DM, RW, ST. But we want to get De Jong for over 65m slashing our budget in half. At this point we'd barely be able to make 2 more signings and have to rely on sales to add to the budget. And right now we can't even sell our most valuable deadwood - Henderson :)
There should be still be enough to make a couple of other signings.

I mean I get what you're saying about FDJ but that's what you have to pay for quality players sometimes. Sure you can spend less and get MORE signings in but the quality of those signings is more important than the quantity. This isn't going to be a 1 or even 2 window rebuild for United.

El Jefe

I was patient at first but anyone not worried now is lying to themselves. We were promised a new day with Ed gone but I honestly can't see much of a difference so far.

The most concerning thing for me is that all the links have been to dutch or Ajax players. If that is true what the hell have our new DoF and scouts been doing.

Hopefully things change quickly in the next couple of weeks but the signs don't look good right now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
For a club that has the most to do out of all the teams in the top 6 we are by far the least prepared out of all them so far. Liverpool have already finished their business ffs. It is an absolute joke.
But you don't know what the hold up is. Maybe it's true that players are now starting to think a move to Utd is bad for their careers. Recent evidence suggests it's a very risky career choice.

Essentially we don't have CL football to offer and we have a reputation of a club that is past its best. It's not an easy sell I'm afraid.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is precisely the reason there should have been a couple of signings early so everyone can feel calmer. Instead, you have Arnold giving out quotes like we know last season was a disgrace and we vow to improve and not let it happen again, followed up by weeks of considering a bid, being intrigued, having internal discussions and preparing dossiers on potential targets, less than two weeks prior to the training camp.

Redcy

I was patient at first but anyone not worried now is lying to themselves. We were promised a new day with Ed gone but I honestly can't see much of a difference so far.

The most concerning thing for me is that all the links have been to dutch or Ajax players. If that is true what the hell have our new DoF and scouts been doing.

Hopefully things change quickly in the next couple of weeks but the signs don't look good right now.
Except they have not, not any official ones anyway, people claiming we are in for Dutch players in the media maybe, but the only ones that we are genuinely being linked with have been De Jong, Vitinha, and Darwin.

Xaviboy

I miss seeing the comments of people who were or claimed to be 'ITK'

I need some now just to give me bit of hope we are getting players in :):):):):):)

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’d be surprised if we end up acquiring more than one player in this window. Erickson being the most likely addition if we did scrap together a deal.

I could be wrong but there seems to be a priority placed by ETH in working with what we have, which is worrying because I don’t think we have all that much in terms of grit, determination and talent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liverpool seem to have agreed a fee Calvin Ramsay who is highly rated. Given how shit we are at RB you'd think we would be interested.

In fact we haven't been linked with many RBs have we ?

SirAnderson

Well saying posters are losing their minds is tantamount to saying they are being hysterical.

I haven't gone through all the posts, but the posters I saw you calling out and laughing at made it look like you are the one losing your mind at thinking they are losing their mind.
I suppose I just wanted to know why you got so worked up at people's views on how the club runs is all.

Regardless, in the end I think we still operating the way we have in the past, to think that we going to change overnight is a tough ask, even though we'd like that to happen.

As you say, we will get signings in, we always do, but at least try to understand the naivety (for lack of a better word) or the hopefulness being dashed, of some posters who think we had a chance at doing things differently this summer than what we've seen in the past few years.

Cloud7

Any enlightened souls want to tell Neville that

A) The transfer window “only just opened”
B) The manager “just walked through the door”
C) He’s overreacting
D) This squad finished second two seasons ago

Or any combination of the above?

GioF

I suppose the biggest worry isn’t only the fact that our quality is simply not good enough but we have also lost many key members of the squad (the fact they were uninterested or not good enough doesn’t change)

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Matic and Greenwood will not be accounted for come the new season.

So In addition to the players we NEED to bring in to improve the quality of the squad we also need to replace the guys we’ve lost.

I know people think it’s impossible to do more than one transaction a month but we’ve proved in the past that things can move quickly. For me it’s a must that we bring in six players that can start for us next year.

Need to start getting these deals over the line.

Cloud7

I miss seeing the comments of people who were or claimed to be 'ITK'

I need some now just to give me bit of hope we are getting players in :):):):):):)
I miss the guy who was sure we were getting Griezmann in. Always looked forward to his posts :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just seeing that City are now in for cuccerella. Another fantastic signing for them.

Absolute joke of a club we are.

El Jefe

Except they have not, not any official ones anyway, people claiming we are in for Dutch players in the media maybe, but the only ones that we are genuinely being linked with have been De Jong, Vitinha, and Darwin.
What makes the links to Vitinha or Nunez anymore official than links to Antony or Timber? If anything links to players in the Portuguese league have shown to be the most unofficial ones going by what's reported over there.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The club are waiting until all those who are leaving leave and get off the books wages wise as what would the point be bringing in players who we have to pay wages when theres no games going on? Glazerlogic

UnitedWA

Someone mentioned our scouting team? Scouting whaaaat? Things are not looking well, I am expecting comments like: "Rashy is ready to prove himself, bouncing back Rashy"!!! etc.. Can't wait to see Martials face back too.

Rolaholic

Basically, been some 'reset' so far...

Feels like nothing will ever change under current ownership

Frank Grimes

I suppose the biggest worry isn’t only the fact that our quality is simply not good enough but we have also lost many key members of the squad (the fact they were uninterested or not good enough doesn’t change)

Pogba, Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Matic and Greenwood will not be accounted for come the new season.

So In addition to the players we NEED to bring in to improve the quality of the squad we also need to replace the guys we’ve lost.

I know people think it’s impossible to do more than one transaction a month but we’ve proved in the past that things can move quickly. For me it’s a must that we bring in six players that can start for us next year.

Need to start getting these deals over the line.
This is the thing. Nobody is doubting United will sign players. This is a unique window though and because of all our outgoings we need 5 first team signings. It's become more apparent that we are waiting it out because we probably only plan to sign 3.
With all those players you mentioned going off the wage bill you can possibly add to them Henderson, AWB, Martial and whatever other fringe players we can offload (Tuanzebe, Williams, Pereira).
Do we trust United's board to get these players out and get in the needed replacements. If we had a decent start to the window you would be hopeful but even at this relatively early stage it looks a forlorn hope.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
But you don't know what the hold up is. Maybe it's true that players are now starting to think a move to Utd is bad for their careers. Recent evidence suggests it's a very risky career choice.

Essentially we don't have CL football to offer and we have a reputation of a club that is past its best. It's not an easy sell I'm afraid.
It is not easy, that is for sure. But one of rare good Solskjaer's quotes was; " You can't win title in first 10 games bit you can lose it".
We have new coach who will implement new system and we need a lot of new players. So it is very important to have more or less everything finished before pre-season or at least during pre-season tour.
How we are doing so far, we are in danger that we will be signing players in late August (so after we play 3 or 4 games of next season).

Status
Not open for further replies.