Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

It's only June 16. Has everyone forgotten our season ended in March? Has everyone forgotten we announced Ten Hag 2 months ago in the middle of April? What the absolute feck have we been doing since then? To think there's been a noticeable change in tact is being either extremely optimistic or extremely delusional. Pre season starts in 2 weeks time and our squad looks a lot worse than last seasons.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
All the bootlickers talking about waiting until the end of the window in true Fellaini style, do they not realise that we have a new coaching team with a totally different way of playing that is going to require time on the training ground to implement? If we need 4 new players for the first team then they need to be ready to go for the 1st game not 'settling in'. Efficiency in this regard would have been identifying the key targets and having all the negotiations concluded so that could just sign the papers on market open day and then everyone can go on holiday until preseason training. United post Glazers/SAF do that in reverse. We're all going to be watching Sky Sports on closing day until the last minute with hopium once again.
I wonder which ageing centre forward we will get on the final day this time... is Roger Milla still playing?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why rush? So long as they’re in for pressson. Can save ourselves a couple of million in wages over the next three weeks.
Because on the other end, that same time the team should have been drilled and settled could easily spill into a poor, disjointed start to the season where vital points that are hard felt come May, are rued. And losing out on the CL again will make the few million made by being… ‘prudent’ look like folly.

We aren’t in a position to be bringing players in late in the window with all the work that needs to be done. Of all clubs, we are the ones who are most in need of getting our house in order as expeditiously as possible otherwise the manager is being set up to fail.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
All the bootlickers talking about waiting until the end of the window in true Fellaini style, do they not realise that we have a new coaching team with a totally different way of playing that is going to require time on the training ground to implement? If we need 4 new players for the first team then they need to be ready to go for the 1st game not 'settling in'. Efficiency in this regard would have been identifying the key targets and having all the negotiations concluded so that could just sign the papers on market open day and then everyone can go on holiday until preseason training. United post Glazers/SAF do that in reverse. We're all going to be watching Sky Sports on closing day until the last minute with hopium once again.
True. Also smacks of the Daniel Levy last-minute approach to the summer transfer window, trying to make a few million, at the indirect cost of unsettling the plans, the squad and its cohesion, which in turn costs many millions more to remedy.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
28 days until we play Liverpool (is it it inThailand?)... I'm ready to call this window "a shambles"

We should have been talking to prospective targets as soon as legally allowed not days after the season ended. The club almost destroyed my love for it last season, something I never even considered could happen. I actually came close to stopping caring close to the end of the campaign and watching the games was almost like having music on in the background.

I don't want that to happen again but that's where we seem to be heading

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Because on the other end, that same time the team should have been drilled and settled could easily spill into a poor, disjointed start to the season where vital points that are hard felt come May, are rued. And losing out on the CL again will make the few million made by being… ‘prudent’ look like folly.

We aren’t in a position to be bringing players in late in the window with all the work that needs to be done. Of all clubs, we are the ones who are most in need of getting our house in order as expeditiously as possible otherwise the manager is being set up to fail.
this

diarm

He said "so long as they're in for preseason".

There isn't much extra drilling Ten Hag can be doing on players while they're on holiday.

TrueRed79

How anyone can remotely defend this window so far is mental. Even Gary Neville chimed in this morning on Twitter. Nothing has changed. As long as we are owned by those cretins in Florida, we are doomed.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

There isn't much extra drilling Ten Hag can be doing on players while they're on holiday.
but he's bringing them back early - they start back in less than two weeks time (june 27)

James35

I’m trying to keep all my frustration and anger ready for the season instead, the battle for 6th place is going to be stressful enough.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Settled isn’t just on the pitch. Lots can be done for a player even if they are on holiday.

diarm

How anyone can remotely defend this window so far is mental. Even Gary Neville chimed in this morning on Twitter. Nothing has changed. As long as we are owned by those cretins in Florida, we are doomed.
Nobody is defending anything - merely pointing out that the window has barely opened. There is no difference between having a player signed on Monday, or signing him on the 25th.

If the squad started preseason on the 27th with no additions, 99% of us will be moaning and bitching with you. It's just such a waste of energy doing it before then, and will leave you looking silly if we sign 4 players in the next 10 days.

captaincantona

Both Pep and Klopp...widely accepted as the two best in the game....needed significant backing in the transfer market to become the teams they are now...Madrid ...spending like bastards to stay top of the pile...PSG, Bayern...spending...even broke ass Barcelona are being nifty on free transfers and they are hanging on by a finger nail....

we have wasted so much money in fees and wages, not only on players with bad attitudes, but without and real strategy behind it. Need a RW, buy two youngsters and loan them out...still need a RW...buy a left winger for €70million...need a DM....buy a CAM...maybe we can turn him into a DM....No fuk it...loan him....need attacking fullback? Buy the most defensive fullback in the league for €50million and claim you can develop him!!! Actually...give up and sell him. We are a shit show.

diarm

Settled isn’t just on the pitch. Lots can be done for a player even if they are on holiday.
That's a fair point, but there is still the fact that Ten Hag has been in a bare month. Getting the right deals done properly, at the right prices, is still worth a few days or a week, so long as the players get in in time for preseason surely?

If taking an extra week to get De Jong for the right price, means we have an extra bit of cash that allows us to bring in a right back, surely that will have been worth it?

big rons sovereign

It's only June 16. Has everyone forgotten our season ended in March? Has everyone forgotten we announced Ten Hag 2 months ago in the middle of April? What the absolute feck have we been doing since then? To think there's been a noticeable change in tact is being either extremely optimistic or extremely delusional. Pre season starts in 2 weeks time and our squad looks a lot worse than last seasons.
The same thing they do every summer, waiting until there's only freebies and Travellers left.
Then claiming there's no value in the market whilst cashing their dividends.

laughtersassassin

Why rush? So long as they’re in for pressson. Can save ourselves a couple of million in wages over the next three weeks.
You think we are suddenly gonna get the finger out and show up to pre season with the 5-6 signings needed to not be a laughing stock?

Not a chance.

RedorDead21

was just about to post this. right on point as usual from Gary
our new manager was in no rush to communicate with outgoing manager on his thoughts. You’d be calling him and getting all his insights.Then he was saying he has enough to do with Ajax to think about United. So the planning phase with us started late, much later than our competition.His first season is going to be one of just finding his feet and not much else.

Yakuza_devils

I would rather this window we concentrate on 2 very quality players rather than quantity like some say we need 4 to 5 players.
Our board's record in signings are dismal and you can't expect them to improve so much all of sudden.

Look at our last 4 seasons signings. It was catastrophic maybe only Ronaldo and Bruno can be considered good buy but not great at all.

2021 - Ronaldo, Varane, Sancho
2020 - Cavani, Amad, Pellistri, Telles, DVB, Bruno, Ighalo
2019 - Maguire, AWB, James
2018 - Dalot, Fred, Lee Grant, Alexis Sanchez

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

Just had a horrible thought, they're gonna try to sign bale aren't they, they're gonna wait until the very end, try to sign him and he's gonna turn us down for Cardiff.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
As if Murtough and Arnold weren't part of the original destruction, pardon me, REBUILD. I'm sure they'll continue Woodward and Glazers' fine work.

Murtough's already in with some bangers. Hire and fire gegenpress coach Rangnick who "implemented" his style for a whopping 30min of actual football play.

Next on the agenda - making it extremely hard for possession oriented manager ETH. Let's test his resolve! Throw him in the McFred end and see if he drowns!

JoaquinJoaquin

hey, I get it. This last season especially has turned me into a cynical fecker too. But I do think it's way too early to lose it ... people wouldn't be happy if we just carelessly splashed the cash either. For example, overpaying for FDJ makes no sense if Barcelona are desperate and there's no real competition (from what I can see). It really doesn't matter to me if we sign him on June 15 or June 30, the end result is going to be the same. If we fail to bring in players before preseason, I'll lose it too. But still quite some time until then.
It does though, because the club are clearly not capable of working on more than 1 deal at a time. The longer this drags on, the less time for others. Although personally I think our budget is quite small anyways, so we won't see much activity.

Gurtej

Anyone wanna tell Gary Neville that the window just opened and we're all overreacting? :lol:
We have a worse squad at this stage than what we had at seasons end as we have lost few players.

We have the biggest deadwood (not out of contracts) that we haven’t been able to move out for years and this year seems no different .

We have the biggest need to improve squad to have any chance to make top 4 this year given that Man city, Pool, Chelsea and Spurs are favourites!

We need signings and we need them before our pre season starts given we have a manager who would like to instil a different method of play.

Yet, we have signed no one!! Not even one single player.

I am sure ETH would have discussed and aligned the targets before taking on a role including how much it might cost. I won’t be surprised if he will be let down yet again as other managers and he will become the space goat when things go south again. Nothing has changed at United!! As things stand today, we are a mess!!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Anyone wanna tell Gary Neville that the window just opened and we're all overreacting? :lol:
Different circumstances than usual though? Season starts earlier on account of the WCup, shit-load of players leaving on a free or going to be released. Squad is very thin and time flies. We were just at the end of may yesterday.
Hopefully something is happening behind the scenes. Like Glazers selling the club

Relfy

Why people are surprised at any of this beggars belief - have you not been paying attention the last 10 years? Why do people keep expecting us to suddenly change? It won't happen as long as the leeches own the club.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Different circumstances than usual though? Season starts earlier on account of the WCup, shit-load of players leaving on a free or going to be released. Squad is very thin and time flies. We were just at the end of may yesterday.
Hopefully something is happening behind the scenes. Like Glazers selling the club
Nothing is happening.

People got giddy just cos Woodward decided he'd have more fun running a vineyard than playing real life football manager from Mayfair.

United are an utter joke from the top down.

We could have done all the deals we wanted ages ago. The window opening is just for the registrations to be transferred, the deals themselves can be done any time of the year. City signed Alvarez and Haaland before the window opened.

Why people are surprised at any of this beggars belief - have you not been paying attention the last 10 years? Why do people keep expecting us to suddenly change? It won't happen as long as the leeches own the club.
The sad truth none of us want to admit is right here.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There is just no clear evidence of forward planning at this club, but getting Ten Hag in and starting his role early, I really thought this Summer could be different, we'd hit the ground running, already have one or two lined up awaiting formalities, but this just feels like deja vu.

Seems that all eggs are in the De Jong basket, and that this one is set to drag on into yet another soap opera.
If we have clearly identified targets for other positions, why can't we at least get those deals tied up ASAP?
Is our recruitment team so woefully understaffed?
I'd love to be a 'fly on the wall' and witness what really goes on in that department....:houllier::houllier:

Exactly its like groundhog day, i fear for us next season.

UnitedFire

I actually think this is the Glazers thinking. Drag transfers out as long as possible to save on wages.

Sod planning and giving the manager time to bed the players in. It's all about more money in the coffers for the Glazer dividends. These people are only interested in the bottom line so it's entirely logical that they would think like this.
It's poor business logic. The additional up front investment will be more than offset by having a far more guaranteed opportunity at top 4, a much better run in the cups and then all of the synergy benefit that comes from this with higher player valuations, higher sponsorship, and ultimately a higher club valuation. The cost of missing the top 4 is huge and they've managed to do that regularly.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

I will only start to worry if it gets to the pre season and we haven't got anyone. That's really when we need the players as we have a new manager and system to bed in. If he gets them late or into the start of the season it's going to be a real pain in the arse.

Surely there can be some targets that are not so "Hollywood" like that we can get, not our top targets but not far off. I'd be happy with that, it's better to get at least some players in rather than none. It's better to get some now rather than one huge target late in the window (that doesn't want to come).

Status
Not open for further replies.