Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pre-season starts in 12 days. If we are going to compete this season we need players bedded in as quickly as possible to the new manager's training methods.
It's not like Ten Hag has suddenly been appointed last night.
We knew for some time and this just reaks of more of the same from our board of clowns.
Pre season only starts for players not on Internationals the last 2 weeks just to be clear. Nations League players have 3 weeks off now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You’re not answering and repeating what was initially contested by citing precisely what I asked you why it had any relevance in the here and now under wholly different circumstances where time is actually of the essence.
Hahahahahahaha

PoTMS

We’ll that’s not constructive, is it? Just blindly beating the same drum when contested does nothing but invalidate your point.
He won't answer because he has no point. We've been down this road before except we are in a worse position than we've been in a long time. Context is lost on posters like him. Won't stop him being the first to parrot the "toys out of the pram " schtick.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We’ll that’s not constructive, is it? Just blindly beating the same drum when contested does nothing but invalidate your point.
You're right.....stamping my feet having a paddy like a spoilt brat is much better right?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He won't answer because he has no point. Won't stop him being the first to parrot the "toys out of the pram " schtick.
You have all gone insane that's why. We always sign players. We always will do and it's still 7 weeks till the first game let alone the closing of the window.

Chelsea and Arsenal fans must be close to the edge too right?

PoTMS

You have all gone insane that's why. We always sign players. We always will do and it's still 7 weeks till the first game let alone the closing of the window.

Chelsea and Arsenal fans must be close to the edge too right?
Everyone has gone insane except you right. You genuinely don't think there is any cause for concern? Then again, I seem to recall your long term position in the Ole debacle.

Ghostrider318

i dont remember the last time we signed a player before the window opened or early in the window. We always take out time so there is no point in fussing over no incomings so early in the TW.

I also feel our other signings depend on FDJ. We probably have to commit a big chunk of our kitty for him and that might impact the number of players coming in.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You're right.....stamping my feet having a paddy like a spoilt brat is much better right?
You do realise that rather than have a constructive discussion you've resorted to what you accuse others of with childish rhetoric?

The questions are still there if you wish to answer, or, ironically, you can be hypocritical as outlined above. Your choice really.

I don't get why so many discussions on here devolve like that.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He won't answer because he has no point. We've been down this road before except we are in a worse position than we've been in a long time. Context is lost on posters like him. Won't stop him being the first to parrot the "toys out of the pram " schtick.
Which I find really bothersome as it's not far off cognitive dissonance.

SER19

Pereira has been at United for 8 years. EIGHT. This club has massive problems in managing the buying and selling of players - they've talked alot about change the culture and this window will tell a lot.

Giggsy13

You're acting as if its the late 90s or early 2000s with supporters complaining about transfers even though we're winning. Well we're shit and have been for a long time, so can you blame supporters for criticizing our transfer tactics and activity?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Everyone has gone insane except you right. You genuinely don't think there is any cause for concern? Then again, I seem to recall your long term position in the Ole debacle.
Ole didn't fare much worse than Moyes, LVG or Jose though. All much of a muchness.

And Rangnick, albeit only temporary, was worse still.

Crying over lack of signings on June 15th is crazy. City only have Haaland in the bag because of his release clause too. No way that deal would be done yet otherwise.

Just relax. We will sign 3-4 players and your comments are going to look silly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You're acting as if its the late 90s or early 2000s with supporters complaining about transfers even though we're winning. Well we're shit and have been for a long time, so can you blame supporters for criticizing our transfer tactics and activity?
We have spent more money on transfers than any other club since 2013.

Speed of the deal isn't the issue or lack of incomings. Signing the right players has beenthe issue.

Would you rather us get the right players over 5-6 weeks or just go get anyone now just to appease your inpatience?

Kag

It's the 15th of June mate. The season doesn't start for another 7 weeks. For all you know we could be days away from signing 2-3 players. The press really don't have a clue.

And this De Jong lad is about to go on holiday for 3 weeks along with every other player involved in the Nations cup. He won't be training with us even if we get him signed up this week. Not until his holiday is done.
Ten Hag is due to start work with the squad in twelve days. We’ve signed nobody to improve us at all.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ten Hag is due to start work with the squad in twelve days. We’ve signed nobody to improve us at all.
On day 5 of the window. 78 more to go.

Let's all just give up now. It's all over for us.

Deary me. What has happened to everyone on here?

Kag

We’ll wait and see. I think we need several signings before we go out on pre season and anything less than that is negligence.

Tavern in the town

“Day 5 of the window” is misleading because it doesn’t really matter when the window starts. The season ended weeks ago, competent clubs start working on deals then (or even before.)

croadyman

i dont remember the last time we signed a player before the window opened or early in the window. We always take out time so there is no point in fussing over no incomings so early in the TW.

I also feel our other signings depend on FDJ. We probably have to commit a big chunk of our kitty for him and that might impact the number of players coming in.
Bang on

cyberman

Didn’t we get Ten Hag in early so he could get to work right away on our transfer targets? Yet here we are.
I think we will sign players but I don’t think it’s anybody we are currently linked with. We aren’t spending 50 on million on any player imo and we seem to be so tight that signing them early won’t be an option. Our standard tactic is to drag these negotiations out instead of paying up or walking away.
Hopefully Ten Hag can pick up some gems from somewhere.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
“Day 5 of the window” is misleading because it doesn’t really matter when the window starts. The season ended weeks ago, competent clubs start working on deals then (or even before.)
And you have absolutely no idea what we have lined up do you? Stop believing everything you read.

Not a single journalist knew anything about Amad and Pellestri. They both came out of nowhere.

We will have players in place soon. This panic stations status already is absolutely ridiculous.

croadyman

We’ll wait and see. I think we need several signings before we go out on pre season and anything less than that is negligence.
Yeah there is a reason clubs like to have players in place to go on tour, it helps to integrate them properly and can build a spirit too

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah there is a reason clubs like to have players in place to go on tour, it helps to integrate them properly and can build a spirit too
Not a single player who is on Nations League Duty will be reporting for training in 12 days anyway.

What if we sign 2 / 3 from the Dutch squad. De Jong, Malacia and Dumfries for example. None of those can report to training for 3 weeks as yet anyway.

We will get players in. It's getting the right ones I'm worried about not about getting anyone at all like some on here are.

Tavern in the town

And you have absolutely no idea what we have lined up do you? Stop believing everything you read.

Not a single journalist knew anything about Amad and Pellestri. They both came out of nowhere.

We will have players in place soon. This panic stations status already is absolutely ridiculous.
Actually we were linked to Amad weeks before we signed him. Just like most of the players we sign have concrete links in the press. This idea that we operate in secrecy and no one has any idea what’s going on is bullshit.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Its clear as day to see the new manager won't be fully backed, if things go tits up he'd be made the scapegoat and thrown under the bus.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think we need to be honest, in that it might need ETH to in the main work with what we've got this season.

It's not a surprise, we're not very attractive to players right now, we're down on money, and we can't sell players.

I'm not saying sign nobody, but If ETH is as good as people think he'll get way more out the squad anyway, and we'll be in such a stronger position in the market next year.

croadyman

Not a single player who is on Nations League Duty will be reporting for training in 12 days anyway.

What if we sign 2 / 3 from the Dutch squad. De Jong, Malacia and Dumfries for example. None of those can report to training for 3 weeks as yet anyway.

We will get players in. It's getting the right ones I'm worried about not about getting anyone at all like some on here are.
So what would you do about midfield situation because clear as day we need 2

distant_red

Race 7: The United Tax Handicap, 2000m

Horses are steady in the barriers... and they're off! Deals Done Early has missed the start by 3 lengths. Up front, Monitoring the Situation is sniffing about for an early lead. On his inside is Deadline Day Fellaini, and three wide early is No Bid Received. Behind them, a length back, is Decisive Phase, with Continue to Monitor, the stablemate of Monitoring the Situation, on his outside. A gap then of two lengths back to Hike The Fee, it's jockey struggling to keep it under control. On it's inside, half a length back, is Showing Interest, closely followed by It's Not True and sitting wide is Nemanja Mourinho. At the tail of the field sits McFred Is Still a Thing and Considering Options, with Deals Done Early labouring 5 lengths off the back.

Someone

Something
While it's still early, I don't blame anyone for panicking. If it was just a case of signing one player to strengthen the team it wouldn't have mattered, but we need several players and we need them before pre season to give ETH enough time to integrate them into the team.

We have a history of being late, we have a history of failing to sell players, and all the top clubs have strengthened already. I really don't want ETH to get the Moyes treatment, and it's really not looking good so far.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So what would you do about midfield situation because clear as day we need 2
We do I agree and I think we will probably sign two as well but one for sure.

Chances are our targets have been away on Nations League Duty. These pesky tournaments don't make it easier sadly.

McSauce FC

That’s exactly why people are fussing, we should have learned by now. We need the players ready for the preseason, not in August.

UTD_Since_1978

On the plus side the new moneybags in town (Newcastle Utd) haven't signed anyone yet.

I must point out that anyone who thinks City signing Haaland ain't a big deal is off their rockers, Haaland will destroy PL defences this season.

cyberman

While it's still early, I don't blame anyone for panicking. If it was just a case of signing one player to strengthen the team it wouldn't have mattered, but we need several players and we need them before pre season to give ETH enough time to integrate them into the team.

We have a history of being late, we have a history of failing to sell players, and all the top clubs have strengthened already. I really don't want ETH to get the Moyes treatment, and it's really not looking good so far.
Selling players is a good point. I honestly don’t think we can, we just let them go on frees after expecting sides to be as stupid at buying players as we are then being shocked nobody will come in for them.
Our players have the United stench on them now. Henderson is a loan, AWB is reportedly a loan if Palce wants him, I’ll bet any money now Martial is another loan and those are the three players that you’d think are top of the list to be sold for funds.
I hope we get 5m for Perriera to lump on the kitty for feck sake

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We do I agree and I think we will probably sign two as well but one for sure.

Chances are our targets have been away on Nations League Duty. These pesky tournaments don't make it easier sadly.
Didn't stop RM signing Tchouameni.

Blood Mage

At this point it is looking incredibly unlikely that we will have all of our business done before pre-season starts, which is exactly the situation the club needed to avoid. It reeks of poor planning, and the same old shit going on behind the scenes. Once again we have to sit here and really question the ambition of our board and our owners, as this should be one of the most important transfer windows in our history.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
At this point it is looking incredibly unlikely that we will have all of our business done before pre-season starts, which is exactly the situation the club needed to avoid. It reeks of poor planning, and the same old shit going on behind the scenes. Once again we have to sit here and really question the ambition of our board and our owners, as this should be one of the most important transfer windows in our history.
If you question them, they will sack you. Just like they did with Ralf.

Kag

City, Liverpool, Spurs, Bayern, Madrid and PSG have all announced major signings so far this summer.

The idea that this is early is bollocks. And even if it is early, there is zero good will left in terms of giving the club the benefit of the doubt. There is doubt there, and it’s fully justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.