Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuzlaUnited

Nothing has changed.All the new people already where at the club,they just got promoted.Yikes.And they get rid of the man who was spitting truth bombs about club and players.

RedChisel

What a mess. Is it so much to ask that we get our signings done quickly and efficiently, especially after such a poor season and so many players out of contract.

ETH is going to have to work miracles with such a poor and unmotivated squad. He must be wondering what the hell he has done coming to such an amateur set up.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:lol: :lol:

B-b-but you don't get it, this time it will be different! No, no, no, please, this time will be different! Don't you see how much things have changed!?
Nine years of incompetence in the transfer market just isn't enough for some people.

Sure, we may not know exactly what goes on behind the scenes, but given how we've done things historically, the club hierarchy does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
We have some blame to take but the problem is also people don't understand our position.

We are a club with aspirations of a top club in wanting to sign top players but the league standing of a peak Everton. Buying players for us will not be smooth at all. Other clubs buy players that play to their level. We are trying to secure likes of Pogba, Sancho and so on.

MrSingh2002

Clearly the owners/board didn't actually want Ralf to do what it takes.

Instead of creating a global network of scouting and a new recruitment process, now we're just limited to Ajax or ex Ajax players.

Fantastic.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
My worry is that this summer is going the same way as 2020: Eriksen will be this years Van de Beek, a gettable midfielder (who's actually better further foward) that we sign to placate the fans. Then we'll do nothing and end up with a supermarket sweep Telles, Cavani last day of the window.

marktan

My worry is that this summer is going the same way as 2020: Eriksen will be this years Van de Beek, a gettable midfielder (who's actually better further foward) that we sign to placate the fans. Then we'll do nothing and end up with a supermarket sweep Telles, Cavani last day of the window.
It's either that or we get ETH's targets like FDJ and Timber for £100m. The problem is it still doesn't address half the holes in our squad, where we would be better of signing 3-4 £30m-£40m players.

We really need a better recruitment team / DOF in place. Every year the same old crap.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just wondering: those here who are calling for patience etc and saying deals will get done - just when will you start to worry that the news look "suits" are pretty much the same as the old-look suits? Spurs have now completed three deals and they were miles ahead of us last season. City are so far ahead that we might as well forget getting any closer than we did in May. And they are still looking at other players. Same with Liverpool.

So just when will you start to worry?

PS this is not to start an argument. I'd genuinely like to know what date you'll agree with those of us who are already concerned. Or after how many missed signing. But if you're one of those who don't think we need anyone at all.... well, I give up
Honestly it's the same every summer.

"It's only May"
"It's only June"
"We've still got time"

Then panic stations from everyone. Except this summer is a quick turnaround and we're at rock bottom as a club.

People are just deluding themselves. I don't know why, but we're just perennially useless in the transfer market. It has to be the Glazers as it's only us and Arsenal (equally shite owners) who are generally like this. Change the staff all you like but it seems that there still something that makes everything a long, drawn out process for us.

Kag

"It's only May"
"It's only June"
"We've still got time"

Then panic stations from everyone. Except this summer is a quick turnaround and we're at rock bottom as a club.

People are just deluding themselves. I don't know why, but we're just perennially useless in the transfer market. It has to be the Glazers as it's only us and Arsenal (equally shite owners) who are generally like this. Change the staff all you like but it seems that there still something that makes everything a long, drawn out process for us.
This is where I’m at now. The only rival club yet to sign a player is Chelsea and I think they can be excused given their obvious off field issues.

Time is ticking.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I really am more worried about us not being linked to anyone on outgoings rather than the incoming. I reckon that will be what's holding things up in working on multiple deals at once

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's either that or we get ETH's targets like FDJ and Timber for £100m. The problem is it still doesn't address half the holes in our squad, where we would be better of signing 3-4 £30m-£40m players.

We really need a better recruitment team / DOF in place. Every year the same old crap.
Yup.

"It's only May"
"It's only June"
"We've still got time"

Agree. I think a lot of people have been hoodwinked because Woodward left.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Reports from a few weeks ago were saying we will have £ 120 million to spend this summer......that's not much.

I can see us getting 1 x midfielder, 1 x defender and 1 forward and then supplement that with any free transfers going around e.g. Eriksen.

We need much much more but ETH's first press conference was notable by his belief that United's current squad finished 2nd the previous season so there is potential for him to work with

WPMUFC

Eriksen maybe the only pre-tour signing? Any predictions when we'll do our business? I'm betting fdj etc will be post-tour signings.

Morpheus 7

Joke so far, be lucky to sign three players before end of August. United can't even replace players that refuse to stay or sign contracts now. The mood is so flat with so much to do, hard to have confidence. We needed to be ready for the start of season, let down again. This negative mood around club needs to change, feels so long now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We need to sign 3 most important signings for regular players before 30th June or at least before the players travel together for pre-season imo so they can fly together with the squad. We need them to have pre-season alongside the whole squad. This is possible for our budget if we use adds-on and installments paid for the transfer fees like partial amount will be paid now but the others will be paid in August. Need to move quick!!

We can't have that Varane situation again last season or the Maguire situation again in 2019. The only players that allowed for come in after pre-season starts or after pre-season ends are the 4th signing after we sell some players or the non-regular XI / backup players

Look at Liverpool and City this summer, signing the ones that likely to be their regular XI early before 30th June (Haaland and Nunez).

Telsim

Yup.

Agree. I think a lot of people have been hoodwinked because Woodward left.
How dare you speak in such a manner? The Dark Lord Ed Woodward is gone! We are now under the rule of the benevolent and wise Richard Arnold. Who has in his service the prophet of the Football God, the polymath, the undisputable genius of infinite skill - John Murtough! And his own harbinger - Fletcher the Noble! You see, all of this is actually according to their divine plan, which we of mortal body and mind cannot hope to comprehend. But they labor day and night and in the end will bring unto us another Golden Age! All who dare raise their voices against them and sow doubt into the hearts faithful shall thus be branded "plastics"; "moaners"; "petulant children". Hearken to me now and save thy soul!

Oldtraffordboy

Reminder that we still have a bunch of people who have never conducted transfer business before in their careers.

We've put people who are literally learning on the job in charge of this mess.

yamo123x

What the hell are we doing spurs signing bissouma for 25 million . We are a joke prove me wrong though by all means
We would have been fleeced for 40mill if we were in for him, hence our incompetent negotiating team

van Persie

Teams that finished above us: Haland, Alvarez, Nunez, Perisic, Saliba

We: ???

The issue is clear. We can't even back our new manager because our owners use the clubs money for cumrags

This while losing a bunch of players on a free. Pathetic. If you ever wonder what the ambitions for our owners are it's clear as day and have been for ages now. Not going to delude myself and think otherwise until they are gone

Green Arrow

Teams that finished above us: Haland, Alvarez, Nunez, Perisic, Saliba

We: ???

The issue is clear. We can't even back our new manager because our owners use the clubs money for cumrags

This while losing a bunch of players on a free. Pathetic. If you ever wonder what the ambitions for our owners are it's clear as day and have been for ages now. Not going to delude myself and think otherwise until they are gone
I personally think we will get 1/2 players and that's it, and EtH will have make do with what he has got. They need a shirt seller which Frenkie will be so will spend most of the budget on him. He's going to struggle next season EtH is feel sorry for him already.

van Persie

I personally think we will get 1/2 players and that's it, and EtH will have make do with what he has got. They need a shirt seller which Frenkie will be so will spend most of the budget on him. He's going to struggle next season EtH is feel sorry for him already.
Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo
Bernardo Rodri De Bruyne
Mahrez Haland Foden

Alisson
Trent Konaté van Dijk Robertson
Thiago Fabinho Henderson
Salah Nunez Mane

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred Bruno
Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

They have us beat in literally every single position

:lol:

Green Arrow

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo
Bernardo Rodri De Bruyne
Mahrez Haland Foden

Alisson
Trent Konaté van Dijk Robertson
Thiago Fabinho Henderson
Salah Nunez Mane

De Gea
Dalot Varane Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred Bruno
Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

They have us beat in literally every single position

:lol:
Looking at those lineups they do indeed have us beat and both teams have only so far added Halaand and Nunez to their teams. They might add more and the gap will be even bigger. I've given up catching them, Chelsea will get players in, Spurs have already got players in (When they make it official). I know we were going to struggle for top 4 next season but we might end up in the same league position next season as we did last season.

We are such a run down club owners/board have destroyed this club and I don't see anything changing in the future. Mean while teams below us will strengthen and go past us in a couple of years.

van Persie

Looking at those lineups they do indeed have us beat and both teams have only so far added Halaand and Nunez to their teams. They might add more and the gap will be even bigger. I've given up catching them, Chelsea will get players in, Spurs have already got players in (When they make it official). I know we were going to struggle for top 4 next season but we might end up in the same league position next season as we did last season.

We are such a run down club owners/board have destroyed this club and I don't see anything changing in the future. Mean while teams below us will strengthen and go past us in a couple of years.
You can only fool yourself for so long. I've tried for years but fecking hell, our group of players are old and bang average. Ten Hag is quite frankly just a disaster waiting to happen if he's not properly backed. Not a chance he can get this group of players to play anything close to what he wants to achieve :lol:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
............and dividends coming up for the Glazers on the 24th June.

OmarUnited4ever

For me, at least 2 signings, that are starting 11 level (CM+DM or CM+FW), should be concluded and wrapped up latest by 30th June, so the new players can at least join the pre-season, or at least within the 1st week of July at worst.

If that does not happen, then there is clearly an issue here, an incompetence perhaps.

Gurtej

FDJ, A defensive midfielder (ball winner), Antony, Erickson on free, and a ball playing CB is a must if we going to have any chance of top 4 next year!! Liverpool and City are certain!! The next 2 places are between Chelsea, Us, Spurs and Arsenal!!

Green Arrow

You can only fool yourself for so long. I've tried for years but fecking hell, our group of players are old and bang average. Ten Hag is quite frankly just a disaster waiting to happen if he's not properly backed. Not a chance he can get this group of players to play anything close to what he wants to achieve :lol:
When we won't get the results we want the media and the ex players will jump on him and say "He hasn't got the experience of a top manager" "He can't manage players with big egos" "We should have gone for Conte" etc.

I wonder when he signed the contract what was said about players and recruitment, surely they must have agreed on a number players coming in to the team this year and going out. At the moment it looks like they are not backing him even though they are "Trying" for Frenkie.

Bestietom

Just hope ETH can get the 5/6 players he wants in the same week. Oh am I hoping too high.

OpenIntrovert

I will probably type my last post for this thread in hope that some will come to their senses (the negativity here is overwhelming, its like people already know what signings we need).

First, we cannot assume that just because a club has signed players, they will have us "beat". There are so many things that can happen during a season such as injuries, the type of tactics (both the team and its opponents) being played etc. If we can predict a team's success based on just significant signings alone, Arsenal and Leicester should have been 1st last season as they made a lot of promising signings.

Second, I will repeat this again. Signings are strongly dependent on how the manager assesses the squad. We have no idea about this at the moment and thus, we cannot come to conclusion that we have no signings due to the club being slow etc. The manager may have a different set of tactics and system that he feels can suit the existing squad with just 1 or 2 signings to supplement the weak positions. The team was mentally not in the right frame of mind last season with fitness issues as well, which the manager can address easier as compared to ability related issues.

Third, we have invested a lot in the academy to reduce our dependencies on the transfer market. The U23s have a lot of promising talent and the manager will certainly want to include them into the squad, and maybe the first team.

Finally, stop reading the press articles. Just like us, they have no idea and they are pandering to our sentiments by giving Oscar-worthy stories. Surely by now, most of you should have realized that the media are even more clueless than us and they just act like a parrot that repeats what we want to say. If you are seriously depressed about the signings, just contact the club via the MUST channel and ask them on what's happening. It is better than running wild on your own imagination and assessment of the squad.

van Persie

When we won't get the results we want the media and the ex players will jump on him and say "He hasn't got the experience of a top manager" "He can't manage players with big egos" "We should have gone for Conte" etc.

I wonder when he signed the contract what was said about players and recruitment, surely they must have agreed on a number players coming in to the team this year and going out. At the moment it looks like they are not backing him even though they are "Trying" for Frenkie.
Same old :lol:

I will probably type my last post for this thread in hope that some will come to their senses (the negativity here is overwhelming, its like people already know what signings we need).

First, we cannot assume that just because a club has signed players, they will have us "beat". There are so many things that can happen during a season such as injuries, the type of tactics (both the team and its opponents) being played etc. If we can predict a team's success based on just significant signings alone, Arsenal and Leicester should have been 1st last season as they made a lot of promising signings.

Second, I will repeat this again. Signings are strongly dependent on how the manager assesses the squad. We have no idea about this at the moment and thus, we cannot come to conclusion that we have no signings due to the club being slow etc. The manager may have a different set of tactics and system that he feels can suit the existing squad with just 1 or 2 signings to supplement the weak positions. The team was mentally not in the right frame of mind last season with fitness issues as well, which the manager can address easier as compared to ability related issues.

Third, we have invested a lot in the academy to reduce our dependencies on the transfer market. The U23s have a lot of promising talent and the manager will certainly want to include them into the squad, and maybe the first team.

Finally, stop reading the press articles. Just like us, they have no idea and they are pandering to our sentiment by giving Oscar-worthy stories. Surely by now, most of you should have realized that the media are even more clueless than us and they just act like a parrot that repeats what we want to say.
No assuming here. It's a known fact that we have loads of catching up to do with these teams and they have already strengthened their teams while we're doing jack shit. No one is predicting their success based on the signings they made so far alone.. More so the fact that they finished about 35 points ahead of us and are already moving further away.

Your point about Arsenal and Leicester doesn't make any sense. No one in their right mind had them anywhere near challenging for the title. This is about improving your team which City and Liverpool both have already while we only regressed. Again, 35 points..

Academies in 2022, man. How many teams have achieved success in Europe through their academy alone in the past 30 years? Milan, Barcelona and Class of 92? It won't happen. It's only gotten worse since. Way worse.

Bestietom

Same old :lol:

No assuming here. It's a known fact that we have loads of catching up to do with these teams and they have already strengthened their teams while we're doing jack shit. No one is predicting their success based on the signings they made so far alone.. More so the fact that they finished about 35 points ahead of us and are already moving further away.

Your point about Arsenal and Leicester doesn't make any sense. No one in their right mind had them anywhere near challenging for the title. This is about improving your team which City and Liverpool both have already while we only regressed. Again, 35 points..

Academies in 2022, man. How many teams have achieved success in Europe through their academy alone in the past 30 years? Milan, Barcelona and Class of 92? It won't happen. It's only gotten worse since. Way worse.
Are we really making an effort to try and catch City and Liverpool. It seems that they are pulling further and further away from us each season. We are losing out to them on transfer targets and they are able to get them over the line much quicker than we do.

van Persie

Are we really making an effort to try and catch City and Liverpool. It seems that they are pulling further and further away from us each season. We are losing out to them on transfer targets and they are able to get them over the line much quicker than we do.
I'm not seeing it. We'd have to be really shrewd/lucky in the market. Even if we got Timber, Antony AND De Jong, which will never happen, I don't think we're anywhere close to competing with them

De Gea
Dalot Varane Timber Shaw
De Jong Fred McTominay
Antony Ronaldo Sancho

Let's be real :nervous:

JustinC00

Just continues to prove as long as the Glazers and their lackeys are here we will continue to dither about.

Imagine if we had a proper scouting department and a DOF that was given basically carte blanche within reason. The fact that whatever potential plan for transfers we had got tossed on its side because de Jong might possibly be available really should scare people. Yet here we are supposedly at a stalemate where we only want to pay 65m and Barcelona want 100m. This will continue until we either give up, which in the meantime our B & C won't be options anymore and we have to overpay for option D or we pay and we again dithered for no reason

Then again i'm starting to think the de Jong thing is a smokescreen to hide the fact that we never had any intention this summer other than bring in some cheap players to help fill out the subs bench and maybe spend another 40m on a younster who will be in the 3rd year with the club and still getting loaned out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.