Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharo

Seen posts saying after we get De Jong then the remaining signings will fall like dominoes but I wouldn't be so sure.
That story is just a smoke screen to cover up our incompetency. If we fans are delusional our former coach certainly knows something about football.
Btw., all that crap that we don't have the money... it's ridiculous. Glazers just don't want to spend it. They own Buccaneers for crying out loud. All those who follow NFL know what that means in terms of money.

Highfather_24

It doesn't even make any sense. If we have to wait until De Jong is signed before we do anything else, it means we're on a very very tight budget. We're literally afraid to commit funds elsewhere before we know the exact price of De Jong, the idea that we'll be able to go on a spending spree after De Jong has signed doesn't seem very logical.

Where the hell are we finding the money for De Jong, Anthony, Martinez, a striker, a DM, a RB to replace AWB? The signings we do end making may be positive, but we won't make nearly enough of them. Or in the most pressing positions. A goalkeeper to replace Henderson and Eriksen doesn't actually address any of the 6 major areas we needed improvement. We've left ourselves with so many holes in the team and nowhere near enough funds to fix it.
Exactly. Its just PR spin. And people are lapping it up like crazy.

I wouldnt be surprised if De Jong, Antony and a backup GK is all we buy this summer.

Roboc7

It doesn't even make any sense. If we have to wait until De Jong is signed before we do anything else, it means we're on a very very tight budget. We're literally afraid to commit funds elsewhere before we know the exact price of De Jong, the idea that we'll be able to go on a spending spree after De Jong has signed doesn't seem very logical.

Where the hell are we finding the money for De Jong, Anthony, Martinez, a striker, a DM, a RB to replace AWB? The signings we do end making may be positive, but we won't make nearly enough of them. Or in the most pressing positions. A goalkeeper to replace Henderson and Eriksen doesn't actually address any of the 6 major areas we needed improvement. We've left ourselves with so many holes in the team and nowhere near enough funds to fix it.
It’s very difficult to believe there is much money left over if/when the De Jong transfer is completed. Get the impression there is only enough for one other significant purchase and deciding who that will be is dependent on how much are Jong costs.

AndySmith1990

It’s very difficult to believe there is much money left over if/when the De Jong transfer is completed. Get the impression there is only enough for one other significant purchase and deciding who that will be is dependent on how much are Jong costs.
We already know the maximum it'll cost for De Jong, and apparently we're only €10-20m off that. We should already know the worst case scenario and who else we can realistically sign, and surely if the budget is so tight that €20m is significant we can make it up in sales (or maybe the Glazer cnts could pay back their dividends)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
City have now gone into the transfer market again. Meanwhile. hearing rumours that we will increase our offer for FDJ to £7.80p and throw in a lifetime's subscription to MUTV. New suits, same old sh!te

Telsim

Seen posts saying after we get De Jong then the remaining signings will fall like dominoes but I wouldn't be so sure. We still have to bring the price down for Antony and Martinez and we are problem going to have to wait to sell a few players before making a third signing
Only delusional people believe that. Everything points to us having smaller budget and relying on outgoings. But no one wants our dross and they don't want to leave. If we even get De Jong at some point before deadline we can afford one more player at most. And that's only if Ajax agree. So it is very likely we end the summer with just one first XI signing.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Only delusional people believe that. Everything points to us having smaller budget and relying on outgoings. But no one wants our dross and they don't want to leave. If we even get De Jong at some point before deadline we can afford one more player at most. And that's only if Ajax agree.
That's exactly my thought.
Its going to be FDJ + 1 more signing at around 30-50m range (depends one how much FDJ cost) for this summer.

vanderpants

It's pretty clear now that there are major issues behind the scenes, apart from Chelsea we are the only top 6 club to invest and Chelsea has a better squad than ours as it stands. Arnold last week was just keeping the fans sweet with his talk as he obviously didn't want them at his house. For a supporter to watch and follow them for 4 decades it's hard to watch them falling apart, I thought the 80s was bad but this is a whole new level.

Roboc7

We already know the maximum it'll cost for De Jong, and apparently we're only €10-20m off that. We should already know the worst case scenario and who else we can realistically sign, and surely if the budget is so tight that €20m is significant we can make it up in sales (or maybe the Glazer cnts could pay back their dividends)
Their maximum might exceed ours though and we might be factoring in selling other players in order to sign players other De Jong. And let’s face you couldn’t bank on much from player sales, especially as one of players likely to generate a decent fee is about to leave on loan.

It’s just very difficult to think of a logical explanation for us having signed no one other than a lack of funds and or incompetence.

Last edited:

gorky_utd

That story is just a smoke screen to cover up our incompetency. If we fans are delusional our former coach certainly knows something about football.
Btw., all that crap that we don't have the money... it's ridiculous. Glazers just don't want to spend it. They own Buccaneers for crying out loud. All those who follow NFL know what that means in terms of money.
I have no idea. Could you explain? Are they big spenders in NFL?

OL29

I’m not usually one to be negative but this situation is very worrying. Considering we’re coming off our worst ever season in the league and have already lost Pogba, Matic, Lingard and Greenwood and Mata, it’s clear that we need serious investment but it’s currently looking like we’re going to be in a much worse position than last year.
I didn’t expect us to get nearer to City and Liverpool this season but watching Spurs and Arsenal significantly strengthen whilst we’ve failed to secure even one signing is difficult to comprehend. It shouldn’t be too surprising though, the club effectively gave up on last season in January by failing to invest when top 4 was still up for grabs.

Ralph1386

Shut up Rene, you obviously have no idea how these transfers work. There is MASSIVE money involved meaning there are MANY complicated steps beyond your understanding. Murtough is working nonstop 16 hours every day. It's only natural that these things take time. Let the experts do their work.
:lol:

gorky_utd

Seen posts saying after we get De Jong then the remaining signings will fall like dominoes but I wouldn't be so sure. We still have to bring the price down for Antony and Martinez and we are problem going to have to wait to sell a few players before making a third signing
Well the club was saving money in January window and decided against players like Diaz to properly back the new manager.

Ralph1386

No matter who we end up signing, I think the club has already bottled this transfer window for the mere fact that the new manager won’t get a proper pre-season with his entire squad.

Only positive is that we’re mainly going for players he’s already worked with, but they’ve still got to develop chemistry with the rest of the team.

Last edited:

Chicharo

I have no idea. Could you explain? Are they big spenders in NFL?
It is (I mean American football) by a country mile the most popular sport in America. It's not about spending (yes, they spend) but how much money they have. A one minute commercial (literally) during halftime in Super Bowl costs millions of dollars. The season lasts only about 5 months months. Forgive me if I am wrong (too lazy to check it out) but out of 10 most watched TV programs in the history of USA TV, six or seven are Super Bowls broadcasts. It is unbelievable. The NFL have some crazy shit of money, couple of years ago they reported over like $10 billion in revenue And Bucs won the title two years ago (they brought Tom Brady to do it)
Glazers have shitload of money, it is ridiculous to suppose that they can't afford more than 120m to spend. And yet we sit here and speak about FDJ like he is the second coming

Mainoldo

I have a random feeling we might also be talking to Barca about Lenglet.

Just a random feeling.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is immense :lol:

How does somebody work those hours? Especially in such a position of management! Is he doing literally every single thing himself? Does he have admin? How long are his breaks? Does he play haxball in between, and during, his MS Teams meetings? so many questions
Our CEO stated that.

Kaushal

More than the transfer list and incomings I’m interested to know what kind of intriguing work Murtough does for 16 hrs a day ?

Mainoldo

I suspect that may be the case too
Just a random hunch based on what Mitten was hinting.

Left footed CB, good on the ball. They want him out and have been offering him to clubs.

If it happened to be true would be a great signing. He’s been shite but would be a type of player I feel ETH could improve and there’s no pressure of him being a first team player straight away.

But just a random guess.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just a random hunch based on what Mitten was hinting.

Left footed CB, good on the ball. They want him out and have been offering him to clubs.

If it happened to be true would be a great signing. He’s been shite but would be a type of player I feel ETH could improve and there’s no pressure of him being a first team player straight away.

But just a random guess.
Liked him before he went to Barca, I think he’d suit the PL. can definitely be better than he showed at Barca. Could be a reasonable priced deal I’d imagine

croadyman

You have absolutely nailed it, we need six signings and not enough money to do it. If we could actually SELL players might feel differently

croadyman

Forget City and Liverpool, look at Arsenal and Spurs.

People who can't see what a shitshow this summer has been so far are deluding themselves, I didn't really expect any better either from the people in charge.
Yeah no signs of improvement on this front yet

MUFC OK

The Glazers are greedy, uncaring scum.

But surely they aren't stupid enough to take £11m(?) out of the club tomorrow without United at the very least leaking that a transfer is close?
Yep, they don’t care what we think at all.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve decided the lack of action so far is a good thing. Hopefully when pre-season starts ETH is actually a miracle worker and can stamp out many of the attitude issues and make us seem somewhat organised when New faces actually show up to pre-season.
Give a good first impression and all that.

croadyman

I’ve decided the lack of action so far is a good thing. Hopefully when pre-season starts ETH is actually a miracle worker and can stamp out many of the attitude issues and make us seem somewhat organised when New faces actually show up to pre-season.
Give a good first impression and all that.
Totally gutting that no one has been signed in time to bed in on tour but not surprised

Andersons Dietician

Totally gutting that no one has been signed in time to bed in on tour but not surprised
Yup does suck, we hear it every summer, managers want all buisness done before pre-season and it never seems to happen. Fair enough DeJong deal I bet is complicated, and it’s clearly a statement if pulled off. But feck me I’d have loved for this to be finished already.

Was probably foolish of me to hope we would have gone in to summer with things just lined up ready to go. But with all the changes that was naive of me. Next season we will hopefully have the structure for something like that to happen and still have the same manager.

Anyway here’s hoping once DeJong is in the rest just falls like dominoes

WPMUFC

The longer this went on, the angry I got. Trigger warning if you have any sharp objects in reaching distance @14:00 they found a slide from an investor package where the only discussion around our signing of Pogba was the Social Media impact....i'm not joking.

Vapor trail

Forget City and Liverpool, look at Arsenal and Spurs.

People who can't see what a shitshow this summer has been so far are deluding themselves, I didn't really expect any better either from the people in charge.
Fans also have to remember due to the departures United are weaker squad than last season's team. All this noise about changes behind the scenes has been a ploy to show that there are still incompetent individuals throughout the entire infrastructure from the glazers down. Confidence towards the board and staff should be an all time low and ETH should be concerned because as it stands he is heading into a pre season without his preferences in signings. Even if FDJ is signed I reiterate he's only realistically replacing Pogba. Slow progress in this regard is no progress when rivals are raising the standard.

Andersons Dietician

The longer this went on, the angry I got. Trigger warning if you have any sharp objects in reaching distance @14:00 they found a slide from an investor package where the only discussion around our signing of Pogba was the Social Media impact....i'm not joking.
Got to wonder given it’s a screen grab from documents used to send to “sponsors” and hopefully ‘new sponser” what did they think that sort of package would contain? I’m sure there were other conversations of the footballing merit of bringing a Paul Pogba in.

WPMUFC

Got to wonder given it’s a screen grab from documents used to send to “sponsors” and hopefully ‘new sponser” what did they think that sort of package would contain? I’m sure there were other conversations of the footballing merit of bringing a Paul Pogba in.
Their point was you could have an argument around was that all they cared about, the only thing they wanted to sell was social media interactions and not football results. Which funnily enough likely has a big impact on sponsorships because your club winning things makes you the attractive destination for sponsors and talent, and as we decline, as the fans turn away, as new football fans turn to City/Liverpool et al. what does this kind of focus really achieve and is it still hampering our thought processes in this window.

RedIan

So city who are already champions and spoilt for players sign Haaland and now Philips, meanwhile our shower who are desperate for a new midfield, forward and a defence… jack shit,

Status
Not open for further replies.