Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Part of me is hoping that we’ve already signed our targets and the first we’ll know about it is when they walk through the doors for pre season.. wishful thinking I know :lol:

I genuinely can’t find any other reason for us being this unproductive whilst our rivals strengthen.
How I wish that were true

Kaushal

Part of me is hoping that we’ve already signed our targets and the first we’ll know about it is when they walk through the doors for pre season.. wishful thinking I know :lol:

I genuinely can’t find any other reason for us being this unproductive whilst our rivals strengthen.
That’s our forte and we always deliver.

JustinC00

Look at him the Negative twat. Doesn’t he know transfers take time ? There is a new hierarchy at United. They know what they are doing. Players are on holiday anyway. Even if we sign them what is the point ? Cry more you impatient, negative, whiny sod.
Every other club in the top 6 bar Chelsea and us has made signings and improved their squads and Chelsea hasn't done anything because they just got new ownership. BTW you say "new hierarchy" but it's not new all these guys have been here and now they look even more incompetent that we are almost in July in they are bringing in some bloke temporarily to help because Matt Judge is leaving. Talk about utter incompetence.

MrSingh2002

Look at him the Negative twat. Doesn’t he know transfers take time ? There is a new hierarchy at United. They know what they are doing. Players are on holiday anyway. Even if we sign them what is the point ? Cry more you impatient, negative, whiny sod.
The new signings aren't needed for the early part of pre season anyway because that's just fitness work and not tactical stuff.....

Guess the fans need to land themselves at someone's house again.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I was quietly confident that something would happen this week, and I like to think I'm reasonable in my expectations.

OrcaFat

Every other club in the top 6 bar Chelsea and us has made signings and improved their squads and Chelsea hasn't done anything because they just got new ownership. BTW you say "new hierarchy" but it's not new all these guys have been here and now they look even more incompetent that we are almost in July in they are bringing in some bloke temporarily to help because Matt Judge is leaving. Talk about utter incompetence.
I pretty much agree. But I’m not sure if it’s all down to incompetence. I think the owners have got everyone’s hands tied. As they always did, because they own the club. For years I didn’t care much but how naïve I was. They’re gradually wrecking the club. The day we win the league again and refurbish the stadium and facilities will be the day I might change my mind.

croadyman

I pretty much agree. But I’m not sure if it’s all down to incompetence. I think the owners have got everyone’s hands tied. As they always did, because they own the club. For years I didn’t care much but how naïve I was. They’re gradually wrecking the club. The day we win the league again and refurbish the stadium and facilities will be the day I might change my mind.
Oh yeah hands are definitely tied

Cafer007

I was very positive and looking forward to the new season after we signed ETH but some how our club killed all that enthusiasm by not being aggressive in the market in conducting transfer business. Wish we get that much needed boost as soon as possible.

Infra-red

It would be a little bit concerning if Arsenal manage to pick up Jesus and Raphinha. Spurs reportedly have £200m to keep Conte happy this summer and Chelsea are chasing De Ligt, Dembele and Sterling.

Of course, it is unlikely that all of these deals are going to come through, but United need to be a bit careful that they don't find themselves falling significantly behind the top five teams. Although top four might ultimately end up being beyond us next season, it would be quite something if we didn't even challenge for it.

Early days still, but definitely some work for Murtough et al to do to make sure that gap doesn't open up.

Kaushal

FFS enough with that players on holiday garbage, we can still negotiate with their agent
Tell me what is their to be positive about for our new manager, go on enlighten me
That is why they employ agents to negotiate on their behalf.
The new signings aren't needed for the early part of pre season anyway because that's just fitness work and not tactical stuff.....

Guess the fans need to land themselves at someone's house again.
:lol: Oh ffs. I was being sarcastic. I thought someone would detect that I was mocking those who declare everyone as impatient and negative if anyone says anything regarding the transfer window.

Kaushal

It would be a little bit concerning if Arsenal manage to pick up Jesus and Raphinha. Spurs reportedly have £200m to keep Conte happy this summer and Chelsea are chasing De Ligt, Dembele and Sterling.

Of course, it is unlikely that all of these deals are going to come through, but United to need to be a bit careful that they don't find themselves falling significantly behind the top five teams. Although top four might ultimately end up being beyond us next season, it would be quite something if we didn't even challenge for it.

Early days still, but definitely some work for Murtough et al to do to make sure that gap doesn't open up.
Forget Arsenal and spurs, I’m sure even Chelsea would start and finish their business before ours.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I didn’t realise this would be the first June without a signing being made in so long. Didn’t Hernandez sign before that season finished anyway, and Smalling joined after agreeing a deal in January? Yet some want to pretend this is normal.
June gloom!

We're off!

Fooza

June gloom to July depression to August panic buys

strap in boys and girls, the 21-22 season as rolled into the transfer window

El Jefe

Can you imagine if in a few years time we look back and it turns out the the Woodward era is more competent than the Arnold/Murtough era.

This start has been exactly like the start we had under Moyes/Ed. Linked with a Barcelona midfielder all summer and end up making only one purchase. I honestly have no clue what we are doing. It seems the extent of our scouting was "which ex player of yours should we sign Erik?".

Hoof the ball

Can you imagine if in a few years time we look back and it turns out the the Woodward era is more competent than the Arnold/Murtough era.

This start has been exactly like the start we had under Moyes/Ed. Linked with a Barcelona midfielder all summer and end up making only one purchase. I honestly have no clue what we are doing. It seems the extent of our scouting was "which ex player of yours should we sign Erik?".
All we need now is for ten Hag to show the team videos of Haller in matches and tell Ronaldo to do what he does.

Hoof the ball

I mean, it's shocking isn't it?

de Jong. Ex-Ajax.
Eriksen. Ex-Ajax.
Timber. Ajax.
Martinez. Ajax.
Antony. Ajax.

This is van Gaal at Barcelona!

Do we even have targets that aren't Ajax alumni? The sad thing is that Erik has joined, realised the scouting department doesn't have a scooby-doo who to recommend, and so, pressed for time and pre-season, Erik is dipping into familiar waters.

Ralph1386

Do we even have targets that aren't Ajax alumni? The sad thing is that Erik has joined, realised the scouting department doesn't have a scooby-doo who to recommend, and so, pressed for time and pre-season, Erik is dipping into familiar waters.
That's pretty much it. Erik is not a scout or football director, so he can only rely on players he's worked with. Also, he's walking into a toxic dressing room, so he will need a few players he can trust.

The Viper

Forget City or Liverpool even Arsenal have started signing players. Spurs have done a decent business till now. What kinda recruitment planning have these clowns been doing the past whole year if all our other signings depend on if De Jong signs for a particular amount or not? Our form especially towards the end of last season in particular shows how desperately we need reinforcements in our squad.
For all the PR done by Murtough/Arnold showcasing how they have changed the club from top to bottom, just feels all the same. I just hope to God glazers back ETH this summer fully else at least on paper it's not looking likely we would even challenge for top 4.

MrSingh2002

:lol: Oh ffs. I was being sarcastic. I thought someone would detect that I was mocking those who declare everyone as impatient and negative if anyone says anything regarding the transfer window.
I was being sarcastic too. Hard to detect it online...

fps

June gloom to July depression to August panic buys

strap in boys and girls, the 21-22 season as rolled into the transfer window
The re-signing of Mata will be a particularly low point.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

de Jong. Ex-Ajax.
Eriksen. Ex-Ajax.
Timber. Ajax.
Martinez. Ajax.
Antony. Ajax.

It's very worrying indeed. No plan, no strategy, no fecking clue. I knew this would happen as soon as we got rid of Ragnick.

Feel sorry for ETH, joined our shit show of a club. He would've been better off staying at Ajax

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really, if we want to keep pace with what the others are doing, the minimum this window is bringing in de Jong, Eriksen, Antony and just paying up for them. Otherwise they're all showing more ambition than us.

croadyman

de Jong. Ex-Ajax.
Eriksen. Ex-Ajax.
Timber. Ajax.
Martinez. Ajax.
Antony. Ajax.

I am confident this changes next window

Orange Tree

Let's wait until the window opens....

Let's wait until the lads are back in training....

Let's wait until the pre-season tour begins....

Let's wait until the season starts....

We should be proactive after the season we have had. This doesn't give me any confidence on the people in charge.
Fingers crossed we've struck gold with EtH otherwise it's the same old Woodward's era.

croadyman

Really, if we want to keep pace with what the others are doing, the minimum this window is bringing in de Jong, Eriksen, Antony and just paying up for them. Otherwise they're all showing more ambition than us.
Think we can't sign any more than that without player sales which looks impossible

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Can’t you see contradiction in your post ? Bloody hell. Read it again. Did anybody blame ten hag ? Show me one person who has stopped supporting ten hag. Don’t you get it ? Make some sense before you preach.
It wasn’t the best worded post but I wasn’t trying to imply that anybody has but that if this is a long term project with little expectations for next season then signing someone today or in two weeks is largely irrelevant.

RopersReturn

No doubt ETH will be made the scapegoat when the season starts to unravel. But the true reason will de due to a lack of investment from our parsimonious owners.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm very confused with how we are operating. The Antony interest would suggest we want a right winger and we've basically been given a feck off price for him. There aren't many top right wingers available this window so if Antony is off limits you'd think we'd have shown interest in Raphinha before he is snapped up by another club. So are we putting all our eggs in the Antony basket hoping to bring the price down?

At this point it's beginning to look like we have very little budget so we are stalling till all potential targets are gone.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Hey it's a week later and we are actually not 1 meter further than we were when you posted this. Murtough seems to not have that access to the Glazer's purse like Woodward did and has been given a budget to the point where we he is haggling over 15-20m. Clear indication we are hinging our summer dealings on someone that has no interest in us and for someone wanting our overpaid deadwood, which they don't. Our 1 potential decent sale is the guy that should be our #1 GK but instead we are for some reason loaning him out What's the plan there? Did they want to sell but no one wanted to pay? That's how bad this club has gotten the guy that probably should be our #1 has to go because we are vastly overpaying 1of the worst overall GKs in the league because we can't get rid of him. But hey let's blame it all on Maguire/Lindelof/Varane. Same people who blamed Rio & Vidic for De Gea's howlers.
Seriously? Fecking relax.

We have also progressed in the FDJ deal. So there’s that.

de Jong. Ex-Ajax.
Eriksen. Ex-Ajax.
Timber. Ajax.
Martinez. Ajax.
Antony. Ajax.

Apparently ETH has disregarded the scouts targets and only wants his own

Telsim

Frenkie de Jong's transfer will be decided next week, which will in turn decide our window. If the 30th of June comes and goes without a deal for him it will mean Barcelona don't need to sell him as much as we want to buy him. And they will hold the cards then. Do we double down then or move on? Who knows...

If nothing happens I can see all Hell breaking loose.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Frenkie de Jong's transfer will be decided next week, which will in turn decide our window. If the 30th of June comes and goes without a deal for him it will mean Barcelona don't need to sell him as much as we want to buy him. And they will hold the cards then. Do we double down then or move on? Who knows...

If nothing happens I can see all Hell breaking loose.
Eh? What

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
People will believe anything they read. I'd be considered a conspiracy theorist for saying they sacked Rangnick from doing the consultancy role because he clearly stated that the squad needed 6-10 signings. That the board would rather just change the manager than spend what's required to add 6-10 players to make us challenge the top 4.

I bet the Glazers and the board intentionally made Rangnick out to be the mad King to Ten Hag to stop Ten Hag being influenced by Rangnicks strong opinions. I rate the fans that can clearly see that everything Ralf said was spot on.

Yet people want me to believe that Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole were all bad managers.

The bottom line is that the Glazers simply see the club as a revenue stream and a business. They have zero fecks about competing with the best teams and winning trophies.

The simple fact is they don't know football or want to succeed as much as they want to make money.
pretty much

Telsim

Which part do you not understand? Barcelona have until the 30th of June to fix their accounting, particularly the wage bill. De Jong is reportedly their highest earner. As their financial well-being is not yet clear we are relying on this as a bargaining chip to lower the fee and get a deal done. If a deal is not made before the date it would mean Barcelona have gotten their shit together enough to weaken our position. Which would either drag negotiations further or force us to pay up.

Hoof the ball

Seriously? Fecking relax.

We have also progressed in the FDJ deal. So there’s that.

Apparently ETH has disregarded the scouts targets and only wants his own
One can only imagine his opinion when the scouting dossier happened upon his inbox. Little wonder he rejected it offhand. I sincerely hope, for his own sanity, he doesn't open the "You won't BELIEVE who we FOUND in 1,000 right-backs" e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.